Ground Fighter Viability?

Qester

Yeah stand up fighter or way stronger so i afraid you have to focus on that at the start.

For primary i feel like it a good idea to spread out the point a bit (not to much) .

I feel the most important primary in the game is wrestling so definite put the some in that

have half the point in muai thai or boxing and half in wresting is a good start .

for secondaries

Put most max points in each skill you feel you need(waste of time spreading out secondaries points for a lot of reasons i not going into now)

I put most points in crucial defensive skills at the start striking defense defensive grappling

now it time to decide what offense to have and type of fighter you what .

You can experiment later on but i feel put everything into clinch and punches .

This will give you 2 ways of winning instead of one in the( clinch and standing)

hopes this helps

Ground fighters can work well at the lower levels of the game. Gotta hope your creation has a decent chin so they can survive long enough to get it to the ground though. Wrestling, tkd off, def grap, gnp is a fun starting group of stats. In the longer run you'll need some stand up skills, if only to help defend them.

• Upvote 1

I have just recently saw a fight of two 25 year old grapplers both going for TDs, subs and GnP getting ref standups in all the rounds.

25 year old grappling creations might work in the Island or QFC fights but that's about it.

The ground game is pretty much broken at the moment and I have no idea when that will change.

Ground fighters get robbed in almost all decisions and you simply don't manage to stay in the ground long enough to sink a sub or devastating GnP without getting stood up by the ref.

Don't get me wrong, I started exactly with the same mindset as you(most of my first fighter were grapplers) but the game just taught me otherwise.

• Upvote 1

It really depends on your opponent.If you make a wrestler with BJJ and fight a boxer with low Takedown D and no escapes.. itll be an easy win because they cant defend the ground game. Alternatively, most Boxer builds have strong defense against takedowns and usually can dictate whether the fight stays up or goes down. Remember, if your skills are higher than your opponent in a certain area, you will be able to dictate the fight. Its a matter of sliders and stats with a small emphasis on hidden abilities.