At what point can good wrestling nullify bjj?

I'm trying to firgure this out. Say you have a fighter that has 100+ wrestling, wonderful defensive grappling, and good strength. What BJJ belts could he survive against on the ground from top position? For example, could the above build survive against a blue belt with wonderful subs or how about a purple belt with decent subs? And if not what belt level would he need to be to survive against higher belt levels.

I recently tried to make the blue print for a somewhat dominant wrestler build. He has strong wrestling and a blue belt and wonderful defensive grappling. His STR is not where it needs to be though, ill have to work on that.

There's no easy answer to this, not by a long shot. There's so many variables that it's impossible to know. Fighters experience comes in to play, physical aspects(good balance so you wont get swept), conditioning and there's also a great deal of randomness(luck) when it comes fight time. But if I'd have to say something, I'd have the wrester have at least two pops above whatever the BJJ guy has as main skill. And GnP from hell.

The best answer I can think of is if your going against a good bjj guy you want really good takedown defence so that you dont have to even worry about his bjj. Thats my opinion anyway.

There's no easy answer to this, not by a long shot. There's so many variables that it's impossible to know. Fighters experience comes in to play, physical aspects(good balance so you wont get swept), conditioning and there's also a great deal of randomness(luck) when it comes fight time. But if I'd have to say something, I'd have the wrester have at least two pops above whatever the BJJ guy has as main skill. And GnP from hell.

ive been told balance doesnt effect ground game, can someone confirm that it does?

• 4 weeks later...

funny you should bump this thread, i just beat a purple belt with strong wrestling on the ground with my remarkable/blue. I think i figured out the formula. I also have a wonderful/blue making his debut soon

Passive tactics play a large role. GnP rarely finishes fights and if you GnP spam you're unlikely to win.

I would love to test that theory and prove it wrong. I have a good wrestler with good GnP and KO power (according to tale of the tape). I hope that a quickfight puts him up against a white or blue belt.