Sparring

romano130

Alright first of all i would like to say that i have tried searching for this topic but could not find it.

I am in the following situation: I have 4 sparbots and 1 new fighter. I know you can train the new fighter 1 on 1.

But would it be better that my 4 fighters (5stars) train the new fighter?

I ask this because i tought i had read something about a spar session consisting of 5 fighters. Is this true? and if so what would you guys advice me? 1 on 1 or 4 on 1?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Romano

- Sparring -

- Sparring improves your primary attributes. It does have a small affect on secondaries and physicals as well but this often depends on the individual fighters learning speed.

- The quality of sparring depends on who is the sparring session with you and not the number of people involved as it is an average score of all those involved. How this is works will shown in two examples.

- One on One Sparring - One useless wrestler (ability level of 1) spars with a wonderful wrestler (ability level of 110). The useless wrestler will get a quality of training equal to 110 and the wonderful wrestler will get the equivalent of just 1.

- Multiple participants Sparring - Two useless wrestlers (ability level of 1) and Two wonderful wrestlers (ability level of 110) spar together. The two useless wrestlers will get the equivalent level of training of 110 + 110 +1 /3 = 73.6 and the two wonderful wrestlers would get a session of 110 + 1 + 1 / 3 = 37.3.

- There is no way to discover the level of the people who spar with you so it can be a bit of a lucky draw.

- Most gyms have a sparring schedule, this is good to keep to for two reasons. Firstly, if many people spar the average is likely to be reasonable as it will be a mix of ability. Secondly, most gyms try and organise private sessions for stronger attributed fighters on the other days. These should not be gate crashed as they lose out and it will be something that you will need in the future and people are less likely to want to help you create private sessions if you spoil others.

- If you select a time to spar when no one else is you will find that your fighter stands around doing nothing and you get nothing from the session. All people can view how many people are training at a time on the gyms main page.

- Fighters can only spar so much before they get unhappy and lose morale and energy. A maximum sensible balance for fighters with conditioning of wonderful up id 6 out of the possible 12 sessions a week otherwise the penalties take too much away from the training. This does not occur for any other training aspect.

Private Sparring

- This is when you arrange for two fighters to share an open sparring spot in a gym so they can learn from each other in one primary discipline.

- The benefit of this is that you know exactly how good the other fighter is and you can guarantee the quality of a session.

- Creating a private sparring session requires you to have both fighter in the same gym, and then to look at the sparring time table. Choose a session where no one else is sparring, indicated by (0) and place both fighters in that session on the main training scroll down menu.

- There is no way of keeping people out of these private sessions so some can join so if you are determined to keep it just one on one you must remain vigilant.

- Although, it is generally considered bad form to piggy back on other people's private session.

• Upvote 1

- Sparring -

- Sparring improves your primary attributes. It does have a small affect on secondaries and physicals as well but this often depends on the individual fighters learning speed.

- The quality of sparring depends on who is the sparring session with you and not the number of people involved as it is an average score of all those involved. How this is works will shown in two examples.

- One on One Sparring - One useless wrestler (ability level of 1) spars with a wonderful wrestler (ability level of 110). The useless wrestler will get a quality of training equal to 110 and the wonderful wrestler will get the equivalent of just 1.

- Multiple participants Sparring - Two useless wrestlers (ability level of 1) and Two wonderful wrestlers (ability level of 110) spar together. The two useless wrestlers will get the equivalent level of training of 110 + 110 +1 /3 = 73.6 and the two wonderful wrestlers would get a session of 110 + 1 + 1 / 3 = 37.3.

- There is no way to discover the level of the people who spar with you so it can be a bit of a lucky draw.

- Most gyms have a sparring schedule, this is good to keep to for two reasons. Firstly, if many people spar the average is likely to be reasonable as it will be a mix of ability. Secondly, most gyms try and organise private sessions for stronger attributed fighters on the other days. These should not be gate crashed as they lose out and it will be something that you will need in the future and people are less likely to want to help you create private sessions if you spoil others.

- If you select a time to spar when no one else is you will find that your fighter stands around doing nothing and you get nothing from the session. All people can view how many people are training at a time on the gyms main page.

- Fighters can only spar so much before they get unhappy and lose morale and energy. A maximum sensible balance for fighters with conditioning of wonderful up id 6 out of the possible 12 sessions a week otherwise the penalties take too much away from the training. This does not occur for any other training aspect.

Private Sparring

- This is when you arrange for two fighters to share an open sparring spot in a gym so they can learn from each other in one primary discipline.

- The benefit of this is that you know exactly how good the other fighter is and you can guarantee the quality of a session.

- Creating a private sparring session requires you to have both fighter in the same gym, and then to look at the sparring time table. Choose a session where no one else is sparring, indicated by (0) and place both fighters in that session on the main training scroll down menu.

- There is no way of keeping people out of these private sessions so some can join so if you are determined to keep it just one on one you must remain vigilant.

- Although, it is generally considered bad form to piggy back on other people's private session.

good stuff but I think that whole average gets broken down into groups eventually. Maybe at like 6 or so people? Anybody with any knowledge of that?

1-9 fighters will spar together, if the group increases to 10 it will become a group of 5 and 5, 11 would be a group of 5 and a group of 6 etc etc until 15 where they become 3 groups of 5 with the best fighters being grouped together.

Duphus has answered this question in more depth before but I cannot put my finger on it at the moment.

1-9 fighters will spar together, if the group increases to 10 it will become a group of 5 and 5, 11 would be a group of 5 and a group of 6 etc etc until 15 where they become 3 groups of 5 with the best fighters being grouped together.

Duphus has answered this question in more depth before but I cannot put my finger on it at the moment.

may do a google search for it now. So 9 fighters is the sweet spot apparently

found something similar

quoting duphus here

Split Sparring Groups

When sparring in groups of 10 or more, the session will be automatically split up so that people spar with fighters closest to their own skill level (based on the new “sparring value”).

1-9 fighters = 1 group. 10-14 fighters = 2 groups. Top group of 5 fighters and the rest in group 2. 15+ fighters = 3 groups. First two groups of 5 fighters and the rest in group 3.

Example sparring session involving 12 fighters, with the following skills in boxing (using the new sparring value). 25, 27, 31, 36, 40, 50, 55, 60, 90, 110, 133, 142. Previously, everyone would have sparred with everyone and received an average sparring partner based on the other 11 fighters. Now those 12 fighters would be split up into two groups as follows. 25, 27, 31, 36, 40, 50, 55 train together. (7 fighters in the lower skilled group). 60, 90, 110, 133, 142 train together. (5 fighters in the top skilled group). The average sparring partner for each fighter is now calculated based only on the other fighters in his group.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wiki

Sparring Group Sizes

Sparring one on one with an elite fighter is great but it’s not as good as sparring with 4 elite fighters. We’ve introduced a sparring group size factor so that sparring in groups of less than 5 total (including your own fighter), is less effective. Sparring with just 1 other fighter of the same skill will be 12% less effective than sparring with 4 other fighters of the same skill. Example. Training with one 145/150 skill fighter, will now be the same as sparring with 4 128/150 fighters.

may do a google search for it now. So 9 fighters is the sweet spot apparently

I think if you're in a minimum of 5 you're good, ( 8 elite spar bots and your fighter might be overkill :) )

Edit: sorry you found Duphus' post before I could, he explains it much better.

I think if you're in a minimum of 5 you're good, ( 8 elite spar bots and your fighter might be overkill :) )

Edit: sorry you found Duphus' post before I could, he explains it much better.

lol yeah, I don't have many elite but I have a few 4.5 star spar bots right now that should grow into 5 stars. Would like to find another player that has 20 fighters and doesn't mind using 3-4 for spar bots. That would be optimal