Dominick Cruz failed drug test? Stripped of title?

BlakePhoenix

Why can I find nothing on the interwebs stating that Dominick Cruz was drug tested either before or immediately after his fight with TJ? Seems to me if he was tested he would probably fail for steroids and/or pain killers (as treatment for his plantar fascitis if nothing else.)

Was he tested? Where are the documented results? If I missed something, please show me the proof.

AND if y'all are going to neg me for this, please let's have EVERYONE neg me - I'd like to get as many negs as possible on this post. Thanks.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 21

The thread title was conjecture - a question - thus the question marks. I can't find anything on it either, which seems odd, thus my first sentence: "Why can I find nothing on the interwebs stating that Dominick Cruz was drug tested either before or immediately after his fight with TJ?" It seems that he WASN'T tested. If that's the case, that is BS.

• Downvote 3

The thread title was conjecture - a question - thus the question marks. I can't find anything on it either, which seems odd, thus my first sentence: "Why can I find nothing on the interwebs stating that Dominick Cruz was drug tested either before or immediately after his fight with TJ?" It seems that he WASN'T tested. If that's the case, that is BS.

Okay

You do realise USADA / WADA level drug testing isn't just pissing in a cup and they stick a little swab in and it turns purple, right?

It's bloodwork, that has to be done in a lab, by proper scientists, testing for hundred of different compounds.

It takes time. To use a recent example, Gleison Tibau fought on 7th November, he was flagged for failing an out of competition test submitted prior to the fight on 4th December. He was then suspended for failing his post fight test on 23rd December, so that's at least six weeks from test to result.

They also don't release testing information publicly apart from generic statistics scheduled quarterly and at year end. They have however stated that they have carried out 60 tests already in 2016, which would almost certainly include the 50 fighters who have fought on the two cards held in 2016 already.

Counter question, are you on drugs?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

You do realise USADA / WADA level drug testing isn't just pissing in a cup and they stick a little swab in and it turns purple, right?

It's bloodwork, that has to be done in a lab, by proper scientists, testing for hundred of different compounds.

It takes time. To use a recent example, Gleison Tibau fought on 7th November, he was flagged for failing an out of competition test submitted prior to the fight on 4th December. He was then suspended for failing his post fight test on 23rd December, so that's at least six weeks from test to result.

They also don't release testing information publicly apart from generic statistics scheduled quarterly and at year end. They have however stated that they have carried out 60 tests already in 2016, which would almost certainly include the 50 fighters who have fought on the two cards held in 2016 already.

Counter question, are you on drugs?

Finally some useful information. Thank you. The only thing I didn't realize it that it takes them so long to release the results. It doesn't have to take nearly THAT long. And no, I am not on drugs, but thanks for asking. Did you have some you wanted to share?

• Downvote 1

Thanks for all the negs guys. This is my highest neg count I have achieved thus far.

Keep making topics like this and you will recieve a lot more. You dont have to look at hese negative votes as a bad thing but you need to learn from them of course if you even care about how good or bad they are.

• Upvote 1

I still am confused about why someone would click bait something they dont get paid for.

I could be wrong but I imagine it went something like this; he posted something stupid, was called out for posting something stupid, and so he edited his post to because he thinks looking like an asshole is better then looking like an idiot.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1