Arena Fighting Championship Official Thread

Batiatus

http://i66.tinypic.com/2dahb7p.jpg

Arena Fighting Championship Official Thread

Arena Fighting Championship is a new organization that has a restricted ID of 290k+

We are looking for new managers who want to rise with us and we can become loyal to each other as we both will grow together , the longer you stay with us , the higher payment we will provide , each contract will go higher and higher to max payment as you stay with us.

We also are welcoming older managers who has new fighters at 290k+ ID and want to use their fighters in fair matchups and use their knowledge leverage towards a win , we can provide you with a decent chance to a title and keep your fighter on the path to glory.

What will happen now?

Well we will start with getting good talent at 290k ID range first , and as we get enough fighters we will book our first ever event and as we cover that , we will arrange next events and so on. We will always have a main event for title shot , each event will have a title fight and everyone will have their chance . So if you want to prove your fighters worth , each event will be a chance.

What are we about?

We are looking for managers who want to stay here for years to come , we are looking to build a great relation with our managers , that is our first priority , I will personally talk with you anytime you want , skype with you , chat with you , as long as I am capable of it , all your problems are my problems , I will try to solve it and will make your fighters and you as happy as possible. If one manager is unhappy , I am unhappy. Send me a PM and we can discuss contracts , sponsorships , events , your gf problems , business decisions , cheese and bacon , anything you want , I am here for you.

Gnaeus Cornelius Lentulus Batiatus.

• Upvote 2

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/40/40b22.jpg

*Bourne "Stretch" O' Bummel walks into the offices of Arena Fighting Championship. A twit sticks in a cheap mic in Stretch's face.*

Interviewer: Mr. O' Bummel? Can I get a word?

Stretch: Call me Stretch.

Interviewer: OK, Stretch, you've just recently signed to Arena Fighting Championship. What are your thoughts?

Stretch: First off, I'm just going it call it AFC because Arena Fighting Championship sounds like there is only win title to be won. I am all OK with that since I am going to win it. Second, I am still waiting for a match to get accepted, the second offer I've had for a fight since signing with this org a few days ago. Do these guys, that bossman signs me against, are they flakes? Do they want the money yet don't want to fight? Stretch is here to fight, step up and accept the offers pussies.

Interviewer: Why the name Stretch?

Stretch: Why not? Just like other people with the variations of the name Bourne, I like to stretch the truth. I like to blur the line between reality and imagination. But I'm done here.

*Stretch pushes the mic out of his face and continues into the office.*

• Upvote 3

http://i66.tinypic.com/2dahb7p.jpg

Arena Fighting Championship is set for its first event at 23rd april. We are welcoming everyone to check it out. Fights will be all equal skilled fighters with all of them being 290k+ and it will be the debut of all of us here at AFC.

We are working hard on our second event as well and we won't stop until we make it all ready as well.

We hope to have fights every week , every saturday until the end of time , it may take us some time , we may have a week or two breaks time to time but eventually we will not stop until we have at least one event each saturday.

So we would like to call out on all new managers , all veterans who have fighters that wants to test their fighters. You are all welcomed on our organization. You have a contract idea in your mind? Send us a PM. You want just one fight contract to test it? Just send us a PM. You are in another city but willing to come to London to join us but don't have the funds or need help in another way? Send us a PM.

If there is even a single slight small tiny chance that we can persuade you to fight in our organization with our beloved fighters and kick the living life out of each other for cash , just send us a PM and we will do our best and try to do everything in our power to book your fighter with our organization and have him fighting as soon as possible.

We are known for our quickness , in less then 24 hours of AFC started we had our first event set , in less then 3 days we have all of 1st event ready , 2nd event has half ready and the others are accepted by at least one fighter waiting on the second. We work really fast , really quick and very ambitious . We are hungry for success , we are hungry for attention and reputation. We will do everything we can and will not stop until we are a recognized , respected and worldwide known organization. We want YOU to be with us on this path.

There will be new features for fighters who fights in more then 1 event with us. We are working on a new project/feature where the more a fighter fights in our organization the more that fighter will win. There will be a chance of a fighter losing yet still making more then the winner because of loyalty. There will also be a win streak bonus , everytime a fighter wins he will get more money and if he wins the next one again he will earn even more and so on. Those two features will help you come here and STAY here. We will share more information soon enough.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ilbert Tash has began counting the days untill he breaks the face,hopes and dreams of Patrick Knight at AFC 4. he is going to hit him harder than a bucket of Buckfast and take the first AFC Welterweigh title for his troubles.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/26/26b23.jpg

Patrick Knight would like to inform Mr Tash that there are levels to this sport, Ilbert has not fought anyone near Patricks ability. Mr Knight has predicted a brutal 1st round KO where he will take home the title and a win.

The only things Patrick are taking home with him are black eyes and the old lady sitting in row Z because the ring girls are going home with Ilbert.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/26/26b23.jpg

Patrick: "If you can even land a clean shot on me you have done better then you are expected. Your coach knows you're going to lose, even your manager knows you're going to lose. You're just another journey man for me to defeat on my path to glory. You have an Irish heart, you'll chicken out after one shot tags you clean on those fragile little whiskers of yours. Get ready to be drown your sorrows buddy boy."

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I have now joined batiatus at arena fc and we are now looking to drive on the good work he has done on his own so far.

We are on a solid recruitment drive looking for fighters ready to fight over the 290k id limit.

3 more events are booked with 1 of them with space...PM myself or batiatus for a contract if you would like to join our rise to the top.

Its a new exciting org with new exciting fighters, providing a perfect platform for all your protects or 25yo builds to thrive and make a name for themselves, we are based in London but are happy to help any contracted fighters with flights or to change Base.

• Upvote 2

I have now joined batiatus at arena fc and we are now looking to drive on the good work he has done on his own so far.

We are on a solid recruitment drive looking for fighters ready to fight over the 290k id limit.

3 more events are booked with 1 of them with space...PM myself or batiatus for a contract if you would like to join our rise to the top.

Its a new exciting org with new exciting fighters, providing a perfect platform for all your protects or 25yo builds to thrive and make a name for themselves, we are based in London but are happy to help any contracted fighters with flights or to change Base.

I do have 2 fighters signed with you guys, but i am sorry i will sack them as soon i can, i have to restructure my roster for the new upcoming season, sorry guys.

I do have 2 fighters signed with you guys, but i am sorry i will sack them as soon i can, i have to restructure my roster for the new upcoming season, sorry guys.

ok well thanks for letting us know. I must add though surely you knew about the up coming island season when you signed the contracts, but it is what is. We have spoke in game and it's cool but I ask any future sign ups for honesty and respect and you will get it in return

ok well thanks for letting us know. I must add though surely you knew about the up coming island season when you signed the contracts, but it is what is. We have spoke in game and it's cool but I ask any future sign ups for honesty and respect and you will get it in return

Signed 4 months ago, not my fault if there are so few fights i am sorry, like you have to keep your ways and move forward, the same apply for me, i did 5 fights with my fighters there, for an org that do 1 fight per month i think thats enough for my pace, i am a manager with a very poor roster and i dont have established fighters, all of my roster can change by any week, i have to restructure with my roster and move forward, i cant keep promises every orgs i go, plus Batiatus switched Alliance, i am no longer loyal bound to him, i joined the org to help an Alliance member, that was a favour i was doing to him..

Signed 4 months ago, not my fault if there are so few fights i am sorry, like you have to keep your ways and move forward, the same apply for me, i did 5 fights with my fighters there, for an org that do 1 fight per month i think thats enough for my pace, i am a manager with a very poor roster and i dont have established fighters, all of my roster can change by any week, i have to restructure with my roster and move forward, i cant keep promises every orgs i go, plus Batiatus switched Alliance, i am no longer loyal bound to him, i joined the org to help an Alliance member, that was a favour i was doing to him..

I confused you with someone else, my bad. I wad thinking your fighters had just signed. The org is picking up now though, the start may have been slow as most start up orgs are but we ate picking up

The following is a preview of AFC 11 as reported by unbias reporting journalist Jay Lawrence.

July 9th, 2016 Arena Fighting Championship will be hosting AFC11 at The Underground in London. This will be title night with the heavyweight title on the line in the main event between Gregory Erickson and Blue Staff. There will be 10 total fights with an crowd expected to be sold out. Get your tickets NOW!

Fight 1-
185lbs Prometheus Maximus (0-4-0) v Kon Wos (0-3-0)
This fight will likely determine who gets the boot. Neither fighter has scored a win yet in their professional career as both have had poor performances in the past, July 9th they will be fighting for their careers. Maximus is the more experience fighter with an emphasis on boxing and Wos is a balanced fighter.

RESULT: Kon Wos wins by decision (30:27), boring fight, both fighters kept going for the homerun punches and missing.

Fight 2-
205lbs Vandal Savage(0-1-0) v Mister Dundee (0-2-0)
Another fight where these two will be stepping in the ring looking to hold onto their jobs. Neither fighter has scored a professional win. Dundee specializes in boxing and wrestling whereas Savage is a balanced fighter. Look for Dundee to keep it standing as Savage tries to exploit Dundee's weaknesses. If Savage can get Dundee on the mat, he might have a chance to come home with his first win. It's going to be difficult for Savage to get through Dundee's punches though.

RESULT: Dundee knocks out Savage with a deadly counter punch at 00:53 in the first round.

Fight 3-
185lbs Marcus Attilius (0-3-0) v Doctore Oenomaus (0-3-0)
Boss's special! Both fighters are managed by Gnaeus Cornelius Lentulus Batiatus and both boast an impressive record of 0-3 (sarcasm). Both fighters are equally skilled and both prefer the standup game. Let's hope one of them can show us they can fight and not too many people change the channel during this one! Sorry folks, let's just call this one intermission while the crowd gets their beers, but make sure you get back before the next fight!
RESULT: Fight stayed in the stand up, even exchange of punches and Attilius squeezed out the win 29:28.

Fight 4-
265lbs Heron Palms (5-1-0) v Henzo Yamanaka (1-1-0)
This is where the show should start to get interesting! Heron Palms is a ground fighter that can twist his opponent into any number of painful manipulations. At 270lbs, Palms is impressively agile and knows how to apply his BJJ tactics. However, Palms' chin is being questioned after he suffered a knockout to a spinning backfist from Gregory Erickson last month. Henzo on the other hand, is an unorthodox fighter that is quick on his feet and quick with his feet. Look for Henzo to try and keep the distance with his legs while Palms will be trying to get this fight on the mat.

RESULT: Palms did a sweet ground N pound followed by the sub of the night, an Anaconda Choke, forcing Yamanaka to tap at R1/03:59.

Fight 5-
205lbs Solomon Babayega (0-1-0) v Lee Date (1-1-0)
I'm interested to see what will happen in this fight. Neither fighter has much experience in the cage and Babayega is a MT/wrestler who will likely be looking to throw strikes up close or in the ground and pound. Date is also a MT/Wrestler who will be looking for the same. This will be a good test for these two young fighters in determining who will have a long career in MMA and who will be the next jobber. Two fighters with similar skills and experience, this fight is anyone's guess.

RESULT: Solomon came out hard and got winded early. Date took advantage and won with a KO punch in R2/03:49

Fight 6-
265lbs Donagh Rider (4-2-0) v Mano Brown (1-1-0)
If Rider can't come out with the victory in this one, he shouldn't be in the cage as this should be an easy win for him. Rider was knocked out last month by current HW champion Blue Staff and this will be a good test to see how Rider has recovered. Brown on the other hand is a young, untested fighter who has not been impressive so far. Rider will have the favor in this one, but there are rumors of Rider having a glass chin; hopefully Brown can test Rider's chin a bit here.

RESULT: Brown couldn't touch Rider and Rider won with a nice hook followed by some Ground N Pound in R1/01:49.

Fight 7-
170lbs Craven Morehead (2-2-0) v Connor McGregor (2-2-0)
Both of these fighters have a habit of leaving their fights up to the judges. And their similar 2-2 records show neither have been exceptionally persuasive in the past. Craven's parents must've hated him to give him his name and Connor has yet to live up to the expectations of his name. Hopefully their dance in the cage doesn't bore the crowd. But let's be honest here, this will be in London; give a Brit a beer and it doesn't matter what entertainment you put in front of him!

RESULT: After awhile of clinching and breaking clinches, Morehead got McGregor on the ground and managed to sink a Kimura in round 1 @ 1:56.

Fight 8-
265lb TITLE FIGHT - Gregory Erickson (2-0-0) v Blue Staff (2-1-0)
Set for 5 rounds in the 265lb weight class, 21 year old Heavyweight Champion Blue "The Infection" Staff will be defending his title against 26 year old Gregory "The Hammer" Erickson. Erickson is coming off an impressive win after he knocked out undefeated Heron Palms with an impressive spinning back fist last month. He is a well-rounded fighter with a focus on boxing and a current professional record of 2-1. Staff is an undefeated (2-0) fighter who also has boxing background. Both fighters have scored all their wins by knockout. Expect this fight to stay standing as Staff will have his hands full defending his title against an older, more experienced fighter.

RESULT: Staff desperately wanted to clinch, but then kept breaking clinches right away. Erickson stopped the craziness with a big overhand right that sent Staff to the ground. Erickson won by TKO in R1 @ 2:51 and is now the new heavyweight champion.

Fight 9-
Superheavyweight - Wotan Krigson (3-0-0) v Walloping Willy Wallace (4-1-0) (rematch)
Get the foundations supported! Two mammoths of men will be entering here, both weighing in at around 300 pounds and both with exceptional Muay Thai/Wrestling skills. I'd hate to get between these two sweating masses as they get in the clinch and throw punches up close. Expect the clinch to be where the fight starts and ends as I doubt these guys will be dancing around much. Wallace will be looking for redemption after Krigson knocked him out last month. Krigson still boasts an undefeated record and Wallace has only been beaten once before (by Krigson).

RESULT: Krigson put on a show of his power by knocking out Wallace early with a TKO in Round 1 @ 1:59.

Fight 10-
205lbs - Bryan Mayhem (6-0-0) v Daiki Yamaguchi (1-0-0)
Mayhem has been exceptional in his young career so far. He has knocked out every opponent (6) and only 1 fighter stood up long enough to try a 2nd round. Daiki on the other hand is also undefeated at 1-0 and is believed to be the better boxer between the two. This fight is the reason the crowd will be packed. These two fighters both hit hard and move fast. A skilled combination or a lucky power swing could end this early, but either way expect both fighters to be swinging for the fences early on. The winner of this bout will likely be getting the next title shot.

RESULT: Mayhem showed his experience by getting a takedown early and keeping Yamguchi on the ground. Yamaguchi tried, but couldn't get away from Mayhem's superior mat skills. Yamaguchi fell unconcious after some ground strikes to the cranium in round 1 @ 4:43.

• Upvote 1

AFC 11 just happened. This event was sold out and had the second highest rating in AFC. AFC is improving and I'm proud to be a part of it. Congrats to Gregory Erickson and manager Ganja Man for becoming the heavyweight Champion and to Mayhem for winning the main event.

AFC 12 Preview

by J. Lawrence

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1467028453aaaa12.jpg
July 16, 2016 @ The Underground in London

Opening Fight: (155lbs) Alex Cowell vs. Ahmed Salim
Alex and Ahmed will both be making their debut in AFC 12. Both fighters are 18 years old and currently 0-1-0. Alex is a balanced fighter whereas Ahmed is a stand up Muay Thai fighter.

Fight 2 (205lbs) Remy Vonchanchyn vs. Number One

If Remy can keep this fight on the feet he should take home the win here. Remy (19) has a professional record of 2-1, Number (18) has a professional record of 2-0. If number can take out Remy's legs he might get a submission, but either way one of these fighters will likely have a big future with AFC.

Fight 3 Flamma Flamma vs. Jose Angelino

Classic Boxer vs. Muay Thai stand up fighter. Flamma (26yro 1-3) was a golden glove boxer in high school but has not quite made his mark in professional MMA as of yet. This will be his 4th fight for AFC and he has not been much of a crowd pleaser as of yet. Jose Angelino (25yr 1-2) has a Muay Thai background and the ability to cut people in nearly every fight. Jose is making his debut in AFC and let's hope he does better than he did in the QFC.

Fight 4 Daniel Malcoms vs. Thracian Spartacus

The Thracian is currently undefeated in the cage at 4-0 and this should be another easy win for him at age 26 and a far superior fighter. As long as Spartacus keeps his energy up going into the fight Malcolms won't stand a chance. Malcolm is undefeated as well at 1-0, but he is an untested 20 year old balanced fighter.

Fight 5 I am Champion vs. Jacob Lee

This is great match up! I am Champion (2-0) prefers the ground and pound and Jacob Lee (2-1) prefers the submissions. Both fighters will be looking to take the fight to the ground and it is anybody's guess who will get the nod. Champion is the older fighter at 25 and Jacob is 23, giving Champion a slight edge as the favorite.

Fight 6 Oscar Oliveira vs. Don Masino

Oscar Oliveira (5-0) has been on a roll in his short professional career thus far. After destroying every opponent in a QFC tournament, Oscar continued his legacy by getting another QFC victory before signing with AFC. Don Masino (3-1) on the other hand, has more experience fighting for a MMA organization and his only loss came in a title attempt vs. a superior opponent. Oscar is a boxer and Masino is a skilled Muay Thai fighter. Expect both fighters to keep this standing.

Fight 7 Max Roberts vs. Andrej Madai

Max Roberts (2-0) is a 25 year old fighter from Greenwich, Connecticut and he's a relatively balanced fighter with an emphasis on takedowns. Andrej (2-1) is a 24 year old BJJ fighter from Macedonia. This should be a good fight between these two fighters.

Fight 8 Pasquale Barra vs. Thor Syenson

Pasquale is the current AFC Heavyweight champion and he has a 3-0 record in AFC (3-1 overall). Pasquale will be lucky to get through this fight without a broken nose as Syenson is a sensational boxer who doesn't know what losing is as he has been victorious in every one of his bouts (2-0).

Co-Main - Murmillo Crixus vs. Frank Lamphard

These two amazing athletes and experience boxers will be entering the cage to the thrill of the crowd. This fight may be the marking of when the "Undefeated Gaul" finally goes down. Lamphard has the reach advantage, but Crixus is used to that and it hasn't stopped him before. Crixus is currently 4-0, but some say he has not had a quality opponent yet. Lamphard has an impressive record of 7-1 which includes a title victory and a title defense. Both fighters are beloved by the crowd and the crowd will go wild when these two enter the arena.

Main Event - Whehiv Herman vs. Dave Priest

Wohehiv Herman is the current AFC Lightweight Champion and currently has 1 successful title defense. Herman will be going for a second title defense here as Dave Priest attempts to take him down. Both fighters prefer the stand up and both fighters know how to win. Herman has a professional record of 3-0 and Priest has a record of 2-1. Critics say Priest paid the match maker for this one and Priest will be lucky to leave the cage with his wits about him.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1468782164afc%2013.jpg

Preview by Jay Lawrence

Arena Fighting Championship is proud to bring to you, the fans, AFC 13. This show will be presented at the Underground in London and boasts a stacked card with three, yes THREE title fights. Held on 7-23-2016, the show is expected to be sold out, so get your tickets early!

Fight 1 is in the 155lb division with 3 rounds of 5 minutes each between Stafford Bolton and Nam Ho Choi.

Bolton and Ho Choi are two young 18 year old fighters wanting to prove themselves in the MMA world. Bolton lost his last match due to a submission in the first round and Bolton's showed the ground game to be his weakness. Lucky for Bolton, Ho Choi is a standup fighter who has been criticized for being too weak. In Ho Choi's last match he threw a total of 84 punches, landing only 24 and sneaking out a win by decision over his opponent. Bolton will be looking to keep this in the standup and Ho Choi will be wanting to clinch. Either way, these are two very evenly matched 18 year olds who should be put on a great fight.
Prediction - Bolton wins by knockout.

Fight 2 is also in the 155lb division with 3 rounds of 5 minutes each between Raecius Felix and Khabil Durgamodemov.

Raecius is the clear favorite in this one and unless Khabil can put Raecius on the mat, Khabil won't stand a chance. Khabil has more experience in the ring, but Raecius is the older fighter who has not yet faced defeat. These are two fighters who are barely mid carders and their performance here could dictate whether they have a career in AFC or they're cans.

Prediction - Raecius wins by knockout.

Fight 3 is in the 205lb class with a clash between two balanced fighters. Set for 3 rounds at 5 minutes each, Roy Buster faces Sam Lester.

Roy Buster is known for his overpowering strength as he has recently displayed in a Quick Fighting Championship when Roy knocked out his opponent during a takedown. Sam is no pushover though and he has experience on his feet and on the ground. Roy's strength will likely be the determing factor in this fight and that is why I predict Roy to take the win home after this one. How, I don't know.

Fight 4 will be the first title fight of the night as Gustavo Nunes and Aaron Manutz battle for the Featherweight title.

Grudge match! This will be the third meeting of Nunes and Manutz. So far 1-1 against each other, it has been proven they are equally matched competitors. Manutz is the standup fighter while Nunes prefers to defeat his opponents by submission on the mat. However, both are relatively balanced fighters with skills in a wide range of martial arts. This should be the last meeting of these two with the victor finishing 2 out of 3 in their standing rivalry and the victor will be going home with a nice shiny belt to brag about. I predict Nunes will get Gustavo to the mat and make him tap in round 2.

Fight 5 is another title fight on this stacked card. Chael Henderson will be facing Jackson Rodriguez in a 5 rounds, 5 minutes bout for the Middleweight championship.

Chael is the current defending AFC Middleweight champion, but Jackson is no stranger to being a champion. Chael, although undefeated at 3-0, has never finished a fight and left each of his fights up to the judges. Jackson has been dominant in his short career so far. Coming from UFL, Jackson has already been a champion and defended the title. Jackson left UFL for greener pastures at AFC and now he faces the middleweight champion Chael. Jackson knows how to finish fights and he has knocked out all 5 of his opponents in his 5 professional fights thus far. I predict Jackson to finish Chael the way he finished all his other opponents - Knockout.

Fight 6 will be 3 rounds at 3 minutes each in the heavyweight division between Zoo Zoo Buu and Ricky Bubbles.

These mammoth men will squeeze into the octagon and face off in front of the hundreds of adoring fans. Traveling from separate ends of the world, Zoo Zoo will be arriving in London from Rio de Janeiro and Ricky Bubbles will be flying from Amsterdam. Two entirely different cultures, two entirely different people with two entirely different strategies. Zoo Zoo prefers the ground game, but not with the typical Brazilian grappling, instead Zoo Zoo likes to mount his opponents and provide them with a continuous dosage of his fists. Ricky will try to stay on his feet and keep Zoo Zoo at a distance. My guess is Zoo Zoo will manage to pull Ricky to the ground and finish him off with ground and pound.

Fight 7 has Erwin Hall fighting Ilbert Tash in a 170lb 3round/3minute brawl.

Both fighters are 2-2 in their profession careers. Both fighters have all their wins by KO. Both fighters have balanced skills. But Erwein Hall is two years younger than Ilbert Tash and hopefully his lack of maturity won't get in the way of him coming home with a win. Tash was previously the AFC Champion and if Hall can prove himself against a former champion, Hall will likely have a bright future at AFC. I predict Hall will do just that and come home victorious after knocking Tash out.

Fight 8: Zachary Braxton vs. Malcolm Taylor (185lb, 3 rounds, 3 minutes)

Zachary Braxton has been impressive so far at AFC after going 3-0 in his first 3 fights. Malcolm Taylor is also undefeated after his debut win in the QFC. Both fighters prefer standup with Braxton being the super boxer and Taylor being a Muay Thai specialist who excels from the clinch. I suspect Braxton to continue his undefeated streak and win by KO after catching Taylor off guard.

Co main event: Jonnhy Four vs. Lars Luchtpijp (185lbs, 3 rounds, 3 minutes)

With a combined record of 7-0, it is no wonder this fight made it to the co-main event. This is the classic stand up muay thai fighter (Four) vs. the takedown submission specialist (Luchtpijp). Four has proven himself to have the ability to be victorious no matter the cost whereas Luchtpijp has yet to truly be tested. I expect Four to stay on his feet and the first time Luchtpijp gets to the ground is after a knockout from Four.

Main Event: Drako Bravo vs. Jordan Shore (Featherweight title fight, 5 rounds, 5 minutes)

Jordan Shore is the current AFC Featherweight champion and he has proven himself to be a worthy champion after knocking out the previous champion, Ricki Sutton, in the first round at AFC10. Jordan Shore is a talented Muay Thai specialist who can win with his hands, elbows, knees, or feet. Drako Bravo is a submission specialist who has lingered around the top of the featherweight class in terms of hype. Bravo had a few issues after losing to former champ Ricki Sutton with an armbar in the first round of AFC8. However, if Bravo can get Shore to the mat early on, Shore will have a hard time escaping Bravo's constrictor like arms and legs. This will be a very close match and one which should keep the fans on the ends of their seats. I think Shore will finish with a KO in the second round, but I wouldn't put any money on it.

Batiatus and Rocket sure put together a stacked card for the fans. Great fights to be had at each level, it will be interesting to see how these fighters perform and who will continue to rise the ranks of AFC.

-Jay Lawrence

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1468784960afc%2014.jpg

AFC 14 (Hobson v. Mar) at The Underground in London on July 30th

Preview by Jay Lawrence

The folks at AFC have put together a generous showing for the fans when AFC 14 hits The Undeground in London on July 30th. This show features the battle for the crown in Hobson vs. Mar, two fights between MMA mammoth Super Heavyweights and a total of 8 fighters will be going into AFC 14 with perfect records.

Main Event (170lb title) - Hobson vs. Mar

Hobson and Mar both have undefeated records with a spectacular combined record of 10-0. Hobson is clearly the more experienced fighter and has the advantage in Muay Thai skills, however Mar has spent more time in the gym and less in the cage. Mar's time in the gym has paid off as he is the more skilled boxer and fighter. Neither of them like the ground game and you can expect them to stand toe to toe on the mat with Hobson trying to bring the fight into a clinch. Whether in the clinch or at a distance both fighters are wrecking balls and I expect at least one nose to get broken in this fight. Both fighters have made quick meat bags out of their opponents as of their combined 10 fights, only 1 lasted beyond the first round and 6 of the other fights finished in the first minute. Expect these two to come out banging from the moment the gloves touch. These guys are brutal and I doubt either will show mercy; I hope the referee will be ready to step in quick! My prediction - Mar gets the underdog victory and steals the belt.

Co-Main Event (265+) - Perkins vs. Reem

Here is another fight between two undefeated opponents. Combined they are 8-0, 594 pounds and very evenly matched. Really, it doesn't get any more evenly matched then this! This will be Perkins' debut in AFC, signed after he proved himself three times in the Quick Fighting Championship. Reem is the favorite here with more experience in the ring and the gym. Reem is coming off a great underdog victory vs. Craig Hammer at AFC9 and Reem hopes to continue his streak in his voyage to the title. My prediction - Reem's experience pays off and he introduces Perkins to the unconscious world.

Fight 8 (135lbs) - Lijikiszcz vs. Slajos

"L" is a submission artist and Slajos has been criticized for not know how to finish an opponent. With that being said, both opponents come in undefeated and it is likely the winner of this one will have a shot at the title. "L" is known for quick submissions, submitting 2/3 opponents in the first minute and all three opponents in the first round. Slajos let his single match go to the judges where his persuasive performance put his hand in the air. Expect L to get Slajos to the ground quick, but he is going to have to get through a lot of punches from Slajos first. Prediction - Lijikiszcz wins by KO.

Fight 7 (170lbs) - Gannicus vs. Shine

Shine is an all around balanced fighter who might have the stuff to take out the boxing/wrestling fighter Gannicus is. Both of these fighters are coming off losses and both will be hungry tonight trying to get back onto the right path for their careers. With the need to win, it should be a good show between these two. My prediction - Shine wins by KO.

Fight 6 (145lbs) REMATCH - Bummel vs. Maher

Maher will be looking for revenge here after Bummel stole the victory from him in their last bout. If there is to be a rematch between two opponents, it needs to be these two. In their last match Maher controlled every part of the fight and Bummel was taking some serious pounding. However, Maher made the mistake of taking the fight to the ground where Bummel found an opening for an armbar and forced Maher to tap. This one should be exciting and I expect Bummel to win this one, but it won't be an easy road.

Fight 5 (135lbs) - Man vs. Datsyuk

Man is the better overall fighter here, however it doesn't appear as if he has recovered from his last fight as of yet. Neither fighter has figured out how to finish a fight yet and this is expected to be bang up fight going the distance to the judges. I think Datsyuk will get the nod.

Fight 4 (265lbs+) - Ginga vs. Hammer

This is going to be a great fight between two stand up fighters. Although they might still be unknown to the crowd, these fighters will be putting on a show at AFC 14 as they stand face to face, fist to face and face to fist. These guys are two giant bone crushers and I wouldn't want to invade their space. I suspect Ginga to find a hole in Hammer's defense and drop him like a sack of potatoes, but it might take until round 2 or 3 before he manages it.

Fight 3 (185lbs) REMATCH - Curlywinklejohn vs. Puma

Yes, that's his real name, Curlywinklejohn, and to think he probably has two parents with the same name; this really is a cruel world. Curly (because that's what I will call him, but I would never say it to his face) is an experienced stand up fighter, but for some reason he tried taking Puma down and submitting him in their last fight. Puma, who prefers to be on the ground, had enough of that and was able to pull off a tap with only 5 seconds left in the third round. If Curly changes his gameplan, I think he would be the favorite to win this one, but we will see what happens. After Curly did what he did last time, I have lost faith in him, I expect Puma to win this one by submission or Ground and Pound.

Fight 2 (170lbs ) - Scaeva vs. Truck

Truck had an upsetting defeat at AFC10 when he was knocked out and spent the night in the hospital. Lucky for Truck, Scaeva has not proven he knows how to be on the offense as Scaeva has been criticized for being an overly defensive fighter unable to finish his opponent. I don't know how this one will end, but I suspect it will be beyond the first round.

Fight 1 (155lbs) - Duffy vs. Wright

These two young fighters will be opening AFC 14 and they will likely be seen grappling on the mat. Both fighters prefer the ground game and neither fighter has really proven themself in the professional fighting world. Both are young and eager for a win. This fight is anybody's guess and a bookie's dream. If I had to bet, I'd bet on Wright.

This is the best up and coming fighting organization in London and this stacked card at AFC14 continues to prove why that is so. Expect tickets to sell fast and early and the crowd to large and rowdy.