Does agility affect kicking as much as punching?

Kicking is affected by flexibility. As far was I am aware agility will do nothing for your kicks. KO power should affect your kicks in the same way though, if I am not mistaken.

All types of stand up strikes are affected by agility.

Flexibility only help high kicks anyway. (and maybe body kicks) with my 1 Flexibility guy and 10 agility, i landed 90% of my leg kicks.

• Upvote 1

Agility is the man attribute for standup striking, I'm wondering if agility affects kicking as much as punching? I'm thiking there's more flexibility and balance involved in kicking, for example. Also, are kicks affected by the KO power hidden the same way punches are?

Balance might have a role when you attempt combos (all types of them) based on the commentary i read, but balance play a key role in stuffing Takedowns attempts, performing in the clinch and how well you stay on top position on the ground fight.

that's just wrong. agility will help your kicks.

Do you have a source for that? Not saying you're wrong, but I've never seen this being mentioned anywhere in the official sources. It only mentions "stand up striking", so maybe it's just implied that kicking's a part of it, but it's never explicitly called out.

This discussion is really interesting, it looks like I simply had misinterpreted this the entire time. So, flexibility is even less important then I guess (unless you're really interested in head kicks)?

Do you have a source for that? Not saying you're wrong, but I've never seen this being mentioned anywhere in the official sources. It only mentions "stand up striking", so maybe it's just implied that kicking's a part of it, but it's never explicitly called out.

This discussion is really interesting, it looks like I simply had misinterpreted this the entire time. So, flexibility is even less important then I guess (unless you're really interested in head kicks)?

If you are referring to the Wiki page, Mike even says in it that he only lists one aspect of fighting each physical affects, but they affect more.