An observation about clinching

That would probably be a better solution rather than larger stamina penalty. As for TD spammers, I like fighting them as well but there is always that one time after denying 26 attempts they get 1 lucky takedown and sub my ass lol

36 is my unlucky number

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=785032

I agree with everything else you've said but couple of things:

TD spamming is incredibly easy to counter (and rightfully so), personally I love getting matched up against TD spammers - easy win every time

Secondly in the case of spamming clinch attempts I don't think the solution is to increase the cardio punishment (well it's a solution, but not a particularly realistic one imo) but rather to increase the likelihood of the opponents strikes landing (i.e. try to clinch, walk straight into a stiff jab)

Yes, i think clinch spammers should be punished with an increased chance of being hit after they miss any attempt.

• 6 months later...

I don't know about huge stamina hits when spamming clinch but ANYTIME a fighter consecutively repeats (=spams) ANY major move like clinch, takedown, submission attempt or high kicks etc the fighter should be more and more suspectible for a big damage/consequence counter. Since it's a MMA sim I think that should actually include fighters who just box too. Ofcourse if you're elite level boxer then less but Im sure you can catch my drift here. :P Mixing it up should be the way to go IMO.

Shouldn't require a high intelligence to come up with a counter if your opponent just spams a move, right?

I don't know about huge stamina hits when spamming clinch but ANYTIME a fighter consecutively repeats (=spams) ANY major move like clinch, takedown, submission attempt or high kicks etc the fighter should be more and more suspectible for a big damage/consequence counter. Since it's a MMA sim I think that should actually include fighters who just box too. Ofcourse if you're elite level boxer then less but Im sure you can catch my drift here. :P Mixing it up should be the way to go IMO.

Shouldn't require a high intelligence to come up with a counter if your opponent just spams a move, right?

in my fight i was mixing in up pretty well i think but my opponent threw one punch and then about 31 clinch attems in a row

Fight

in this fight the guy kept trying to clinch

Clinches: 33 (2) i think after 33 failed clinch attachments he should have no cardio left but i still lost and i predict he would go clinch heavy

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=837067

I wouldnt say every clinch/ takedown attempt is that draining. If your in the middle of the cage and attempting a clinch, you are really just trying to control him and maybe push him to the cage. If the clinch attempt stops at making the initial attempt of hugging, for lack of a better word, and is shrugged off, you havent used much energy the same as going for someones legs is often called a takedown attempt with little energy used.

That being said, you could assume that at least half of those clinch attempts were not just shrugged off before any energy was used. I would read the text but we all know that is just random wording to make it feel more real. So yeah 15 legit clinch attempts and 15 half ass clinch attempts would leave a fighter with less energy just as any failed offensive attempt would.

From the fight:

"Hendrickson tries to close the distance and clinch up but Dogwood swats him away and circles back towards the center.

Hendrickson tries to clinch up against the cage, rushing in to close the distance. Dogwood manages to break the clinch and circles back to the middle of the mat."

The first suggests very little energy used while the second shows used energy imo. It was very predictable and should have been countered. Though I dont see failed clinch attempts being countered but I havent rally looked. Is clinch spamming a win/win tactic?

• Upvote 2

in my fight i was mixing in up pretty well i think but my opponent threw one punch and then about 31 clinch attems in a row

Fight

Yeah. I dunno which fight you meant because that link is bonkers but any fight should be over way before one fighter even is able to complete 31 repeated clinch attempts in a row lol. That just makes zero sense. Other dude should've been able to KO him easily after, let's say, 10 repeated moves lol.

• Upvote 1

Yeah. I dunno which fight you meant because that link is bonkers but any fight should be over way before one fighter even is able to complete 31 repeated clinch attempts in a row lol. That just makes zero sense. Other dude should've been able to KO him easily after, let's say, 10 repeated moves lol.

http://www.mmatycoon...php?FTID=837067