MMA fighter death after event in Ireland.

Really sad to hear, I can see quite a few anti-MMA people using this as a reason why MMA should be illegal and banned.

Bunch of people already calling for it to be banned in Ireland citing the dangers of it. It's a sad event, and sadly it's being used to fuel a propaganda train against the sport in Ireland. College I used to go to started up an MMA club just a couple of years before I went to it, and the board didn't want it in the first place but couldn't say anything as it had the least amount of injuries from their activities among any of the sporting clubs, and now they are looking to use this story to close the club apparently.

In my opinion he must have done a extreme weight cut and had lacked fluid in the brain which can cause a lot of problems .It believe that has caused a lot of the boxing deaths since most of the deaths or guys in the lower weight classes cutting weight not the heavy weights .I believe this will come out sooner or later but just my opinion

It's amazing how those who are anti-MMA turn a blind eye to the 51 deaths which were directly as a result of a boxing fight. I'm surprised it hasn't happened sooner in all honesty and I know this will cause uproar around the world.

IIRC there have been a few deaths caused by an MMA fight. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatalities_in_mixed_martial_arts_contests#List_of_fatalities

But yea, it happens in Boxing as well, luckily it's extremely rare in both cases but in any sport where you take a punch to the head there will always be that small chance something bad can happen.

It's amazing how those who are anti-MMA turn a blind eye to the 51 deaths which were directly as a result of a boxing fight. I'm surprised it hasn't happened sooner in all honesty and I know this will cause uproar around the world.

On my phone so I can't really check but I think there are more fatalities in formula 1 than mma per event. Statistics are a bitch and not many ppl seems to understand them.

People with agendas will often ignore stats if it contradicts their views/interests.

In my opinion he must have done a extreme weight cut and had lacked fluid in the brain which can cause a lot of problems .It believe that has caused a lot of the boxing deaths since most of the deaths or guys in the lower weight classes cutting weight not the heavy weights .I believe this will come out sooner or later but just my opinion

A friend of mine sent me a similar message it certainly is a strong possibility.

it's sad for the sport we love.

but worthwhile to discuss... is mma considered a safe sport? i do know there are more deaths associated with boxing than mma but been wondering...what about compared to other sports like football? what about injuries overall? what are the parameters to consider a sport safe after all?

just wandering really...