An announcement regarding Highland Kickboxing

YerMaw

Over the last month or two it's fair to say things have not be going particularly well with Highland Kickboxing.

Since handing the org over to Randy fights have gone unordered + there have been several weeks without an event booked. Both myself and Callum (clydebankblitz) were well aware of these problems and did our best to try and bring in someone to save the org - fortunately El Tico Stefan agreed to come over from Highland Island to get the org back in shape. Considering Stefan has been running Highland Island for large parts of the season I was hopeful that he could be the catalyst to reviving the org and getting things back on track.

Unfortunately it appears that Randy is not only completely incompetent at running an org, he is also a thieving bastard as well.

Since taking over, Randy has withdrawn approximately $686,324.76 from the org. Considering he managed to turn what was once a reasonably profitable org into an utter shambles suffice to say he has not earned or merited a single penny of that money. But more to the point, due to HKT being an Island org, it now leaves Stefan in a situation where he has almost no cash to book events or send out contracts.

As a result it is with a heavy heart that I make the following announcement:

After the event on the 6th, Highland Kickboxing will be closing its doors.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to apologise to all managers with fighters on the roster for giving Randy control of the org in the first place.

To provide a bit of context: my move to Ascension had already been planned several months in advance, I was however finding it very difficult to find someone willing to take control of HKT. The initial person I had planned handing control of the org took too long to respond to my messages so on that basis I started looking for other options.

It was at that point I came across Randy: he appeared to be eager and suitably active, so I figured he would be a suitable candidate to take control of the org. To my reasoning what I essentially was looking for was someone who had the time and the willingness to learn: the finer points of org management I could teach them. Unfortunately it transpires that Randy had neither the time nor the willingness to learn: despite leaving him a detailed set of instructions on how to run the org, Randy completely ignored both the advice I had given him and repeated offers from both Callum and myself for help. Fights were left unordered (I believe every on single event since I left the org) and there were several spells where there were weeks without events (this is on the Island I might add).

Ultimately I left the org in the hands of someone who was utterly incompetent and as such I feel I should bear the largest responsibility for the orgs failure: Randy should never have been given control of the org and for that I apologise unreservedly.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank all the managers with fighters on the roster (both past and present tense) for their support over the course of the season - again, I'm sorry that things have not worked out the way I had envisioned. I am particularly indebted to one person in particular: Joe Lang of Sulley's Bar & Grill - Joe has been constantly supportive of HKT from day 1 and has gone to great lengths in constantly promoting the org, even when it was going through bad times.

And a couple of final shout outs: Callum, thank you for all your help at the beginning of the season and the efforts you went to to try and assist Randy and, more recently, save the org (I also owe you a big apology for the way things have played out). And finally to El Tico Stefan for agreeing to step in: I really appreciate it, I'm just sorry that you were robbed of the finances you needed to revive the org - judging by the references from Reggie I'm sure you would have done a great job. Even so, without your help we would never have known that Randy had been stealing money from the org so just for that I owe you one.

My sincerest apologies to everyone involved,

D.C.

Oh and Randy, if you're reading this: you owe Callum some money.

• Upvote 10

It's one thing to make some mistakes or not run an org properly but to clean an Island org out of all it's cash is something else, that was a real dick move.

• Upvote 3

Lol, wow. I thought you couldn't take money out from an Island org? This really sucks, Randy is now on my blacklist

Yeah you can withdraw from Island companies, you just can't put money into them :/

The following two posts are the most annoying in the thread. It was a little known fact that Solitude would have merged into Highland Challengers before the end of the season, but Wolf thought they couldn't withdraw the money (which I assumed was a new change) and as a result, never happened and Solitude won the season :(

Anyways, no apologies needed mate. You weren't "tasked with running the org". You offered to help. You put in a good bit of work and then moved on to one of the biggest orgs I think in the history of the game. No shame in it mate.

It sucks for the Kickboxers because they won't be getting a chance to continue their careers. Hopefully one or two pick up some wrestling and jump into Highland Games later :D I didn't expect HKB to continue after the season though. The interest was way too low I think.

Unfortunate turn of events but we worked with what we had. The problems with branching out to other orgs and companies is we end up with shit like the Highland CT and Spar situation and now this.

• Upvote 2

EDIT:From what i heard,If there is no money in the org,It'll take cash.from the manager account to keep itself away from debt.I dont know if its the same for island orgs however.I want to send about 50k to.the owner to keep the org from shutting down.But i have one problem,I dont know who to send the money to

That's an absolute scumbag move for him to do. Not only does he lie about wanting to help out, but then he ruins all the existing work put into the org for his own personal gain. Straight up blacklisting the cbomb and refraining from any interaction with him in future.

• Upvote 5

Just for the disclosure of my conversation with Randy, here's a quick message back and forth we had. You can draw whatever conclusion from it you like.

Clyde: With you looking for someone to basically run (Highland Kickboxing) last month and with only one event left, are you looking to give control to someone else? Stefan who was running Highland Island might be able to run it and since there's still over a month to go I wouldn't want the guys missing out on fighting.

Randy: The thing is,I Would still want to run it.But i've pretty much killed the org at this point and made a lot of people unhappy with my shit management skills,And i dont want to do anymore damage so i want to give it to someone else who can bring it back to life.I'm fine with whoever taking it over.
Clyde: I had to bring someone in at HG cause I was killing it myself haha. When it gets hard to come on and keep the wheels turning, shit goes down hill so quickly. I'll wait for the word but Stefan will probably be able to keep it spinning at least until the end. You can stick around in it I guess too though :D.
That was about a week ago. I was on holiday 1 day later though and don't think I got a chance to talk with Stefan before I left. It didn't look to have any money though at that stage (but I didn't know it's finances so I wouldn't have had any opinion). Donald was right in his original guy just didn't reply to any messages so it didn't fit. Stefan was running HI at the time while Reggie was away so really Don had to find someone else quite quick. I don't know Randy too well personally although I talked to him a few times about getting his fighter Doyle Hawk in Highland Games since Hawk was a big part of World Combat's smack talk thread.

What did he do with the money, since he only has like $400 in his account?

EDIT:From what i heard,If there is no money in the org,It'll take cash.from the manager account to keep itself away from debt.I dont know if its the same for island orgs however.I want to send about 50k to.the owner to keep the org from shutting down.But i have one problem,I dont know who to send the money to

Yeah this still works for Island orgs but for godsake don't send him any money :P

The org actually still had money in the bank earlier today but then Randy withdrew that as well leaving Stefan with barely anything to work with :(

For the longest time I just thought the org had been losing money due to bad management, but then when Stefan got access to the org he sent me across the finances:

Expenses (total) :

Manager withdrawals :

$ 184,510.63

Manager withdrawals :

$ 686,324.76

So not only was he withdrawing money over a period of several months, he also withdrew $184k in the space of the last week when he was fully aware that we were making arrangements for someone else to take over the org.

In short, it's just not worth keeping it going: Randy remains in control of the org so even if the next event turned a profit he would just take that as well...

What did he do with the money, since he only has like $400 in his account?

Yeah this is what I really want to know... idk how he managed to steal $686k and still have barely any money in his manager account... unless he's been buying VIP with it or something, does make you curious

That's an absolute scumbag move for him to do. Not only does he lie about wanting to help out, but then he ruins all the existing work put into the org for his own personal gain. Straight up blacklisting the cbomb and refraining from any interaction with him in future.

Agree with this. Absolute scumbag move, what an arsehole.

I know this isn't the time to joke around,But this thread is giving an idea to make a parody video on this subject.

(cough cough drama alert cough cough)

If you do one, put it in the piss take thread....

Over how long has this money been missing because he did give me 50k for the NCAA thing, wonder if that was part of it?

As owner of Sully's Bar & Grill and someone who has been trying to revive interest in KT, i gotta say i am very disappointed in how things ended.

When I made Sully's on The Island i did so with the intention to partner up with the KT org and help co-promote and grow. I knocked back interest from Island FC and left a good partnership with Highland Island to partner with the KT org and did my best to push all the brands.

There is only so much i can do to promote an org when the org owner does sweet fuck all. When Don Canmore owned it, there was constant communication and we had a great relationship. I was hoping to continue that with Randy but it wasn't meant to be.

When the events booked had finished i would remind him that there are no events booked and his response was that of a person who was clueless. In hindsight it makes sense as he bled the org dry and all that hard work that i did to promote the org is now for nothing.

Such a shame, as the KT scene needs interest and shit like this does not help the cause.

It's just a game, but games are meant to be fun and when people like this ruin other's hard work it makes it less enjoyable.

Having said that, any fighter in Highland Kickboxing who is running low on cash can msg me for a sponsorship. Hopefully we can get swallowed up into Highland Island and finish the season off on a high.

• Upvote 3

Randy was our double agent hired to jeopardise Highland K1....nah just jooking......that sucks thoe...its very hard tofind trust worthy and reliable people to work....very low move RANDY.....me a conor are not the best of friends but ,you dont do that....comon the man trusted you an organization and you steal from him.....Behead him

I'm ready....

http://media.veryfunnypics.eu/2014/03/funny-pictures-assault-plumber.jpg

• Upvote 1

I'm ready....

http://media.veryfunnypics.eu/2014/03/funny-pictures-assault-plumber.jpg

weird fetish, ken?

with GBK`s comment before that make is really weird................... lol

dammit didnt saw there was a pic to it :D. i surf in a way where i have to unlock pictures on sites. forget what i wrote here

Now is the time for the shit to well and truly hit the fan. I can't give a direct answer to "Where the fuck did $600k magically disappear to?" but I can answer another topic which shows one person commenting on this thread to be a two faced lying shit stain.

RichyRandy has a multi account. He has shown himself on the same IP as another user, and lo and behold it is someone commenting on this very thread bashing him. I had my suspicions aroused yesterday about it, so I even messaged the user the following:

7e3e09a4b1d668b0e15242b3e4396ede.png

Now, it saddens me that this person would deny something it turns out was true. They both share the same IP, while RichyRandy then uses a Proxy in order to appear in another location. Who this person might be you ask?

Why, none other than the same person who has brought us quotes such as

"This guy is just as bad as mentor.if not worse."

"EDIT:From what i heard,If there is no money in the org,It'll take cash.from the manager account to keep itself away from debt.I dont know if its the same for island orgs however.I want to send about 50k to.the owner to keep the org from shutting down.But i have one problem,I dont know who to send the money to"

"I know this isn't the time to joke around,But this thread is giving an idea to make a parody video on this subject.

(cough cough drama alert cough cough) "

It saddens me to say this, but it is indeed someone in my own alliance - Jack Robinson (TSSickle). I had my suspicions about it, so I gave him a chance to come clean and get it settled behind closed doors, and heck I could have saved this for a TWW News exclusive, but fuck it, the cbomb doesn't serve the freedom of time until then. He won't be an alliance mate for much longer, we've opened the doors for new users who are looking to learn and be genuine members, not cheating shit stains who bring a negative rep to those around them.

So here is my suggestion for RichyRandy / TSSickle. Grow a pair of fucking balls and man up to shit you have done. You've been caught trying to cheat an org with potential out of an entire 6 month Island season due to your sheer selfishness of wanting $600k....$600 FUCKING THOUSAND. That's fuck all money to ruin your fucking rep for. I expect a certain standard from the MMA Tycoon community, but I expect even more from someone that I call an alliance mate. You lost all right to backing by digging your own hole and lying to my face, so now you can honestly and sincerely fuck off. To Callum, Reggie and El Tico, I can only apologise for what this asshat has done to your plans and future with Highland KT, and if there is anything I can do to help you, you know my mailbox is always available to you.

TSSickle / RickyRandy - I've made my feelings on this perfectly clear to you in my mail, and I won't be replying to you because I know exactly what you will say, and I can prove it wrong every step of the way. The fact you even tried bashing RichyRandy from your other account just shows the kind of coward you are.

So, now that the big drama is out of the way. Callum/Reggie/Stefan, perhaps you could ask Mike to allow you to deposit just enough to get the ball rolling on the org again in order to keep it alive. Something small even like 25/50k would be enough I would imagine to allow you to book the events for the fighters.

Hope you all have a good day.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1