Tycoon Times Editorial Policy

YerMaw

Now I don't really have an issue with orgs/managers using tycoon times to artificially boost org/fighter hype, however it seems increasingly apparent to me that right now the times is suffering from a severe lack of quality control...

To use two recent examples (from the latest edition):

http://www.mmatycoon.com/tycoontimes/tycoontimesstory.php?SID=4774

http://www.mmatycoon.com/tycoontimes/tycoontimesstory.php?SID=4773

What. The. Actual. Fuck?

Have we seriously reached a point where a copy and pasted fight commentary is considered to be an 'article'? Likewise the second 'fighter profile' makes Mamado's writing look like fucking Shakespeare.

I had a look at the Tycoon Times archive (http://www.mmatycoon.com/tycoontimes/tycoontimesarchive.php) and it seems pretty clear that there is a strong correlation between the decline in quality and the decline in number of page views. Articles (of a much higher quality I might add) written in early 2015 were pulling in 1000 page views with sometimes over a dozen articles left unpublished: since then something changed.

I don't know whether it's a case of people simply aren't writing as much nowadays, or just that people don't bother to submit the articles any more. If it's the latter (and the fact that there are still a fair amount of orgs doing previews would seem to support that assumption) then is it possible that the current garbage getting published discourages people from submitting articles of actual quality?

I don't know what the solution is but something has got to change: right now it's a free hype machine for any barely literate c*nt that comes along - like I say I don't have an issue with orgs/managers using it for the hype boost, but for fucks sake if we're seriously publishing a fight commentary as an 'article' might as well just scrap the whole thing.

• Upvote 7

Now I don't really have an issue with orgs/managers using tycoon times to artificially boost org/fighter hype, however it seems increasingly apparent to me that right now the times is suffering from a severe lack of quality control...

What. The. Actual. Fuck?

Have we seriously reached a point where a copy and pasted fight commentary is considered to be an 'article'? Likewise the second 'fighter profile' makes Mamado's writing look like fucking Shakespeare.

I had a look at the Tycoon Times archive (http://www.mmatycoon.com/tycoontimes/tycoontimesarchive.php) and it seems pretty clear that there is a strong correlation between the decline in quality and the decline in number of page views. Articles (of a much higher quality I might add) written in early 2015 were pulling in 1000 page views with sometimes over a dozen articles left unpublished: since then something changed.

I don't know whether it's a case of people simply aren't writing as much nowadays, or just that people don't bother to submit the articles any more. If it's the latter (and the fact that there are still a fair amount of orgs doing previews would seem to support that assumption) then is it possible that the current garbage getting published discourages people from submitting articles of actual quality?

I don't know what the solution is but something has got to change: right now it's a free hype machine for any barely literate c*nt that comes along - like I say I don't have an issue with orgs/managers using it for the hype boost, but for fucks sake if we're seriously publishing a fight commentary as an 'article' might as well just scrap the whole thing.

for the editorial stuff to be consistent and good it canot be only JJ doing it....there is like 7 other lazzy fucks in the editorial staff....but hes the only one doing all the work so i guess if everyone pulled their weight there, the news could come out everyday if they wanted to with decent storys on it

i love the way you mentioned MAMADO and SHAKSPEAR in the same sentence :)...sounds good init?...looooool

• Downvote 2

what are you even talking about ?

there was a time that the news paper came out 1 or 2 every month or so why you got nick pick shit ? at least the paper comes out now if you want quality stuff coming out submit some i will be more than happy to put in there for you sir

i can only put out what comes in .

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

What. The. Actual. Fuck?

hey why you trying to start shit up by the way....dont you have a girlfriend or something....go make love with her instead of hanging around with negativity , posting this frustrated threads....

• Downvote 6

what are you even talking about ?

there was a time that the news paper came out 1 or 2 every month or so why you got nick pick shit ? at least the paper comes out now if you want quality stuff coming out submit some i will be more than happy to put in there for you sir

i can only put out what comes in .

Recent publication dates:

May 01, 2016

Apr 30, 2016

Apr 29, 2016

Apr 28, 2016

Apr 26, 2016

Apr 25, 2016

Apr 24, 2016

Apr 21, 2016

Apr 20, 2016

^ Now I think about it that might just be the source of the problem. The paper is getting published every other day, the net effect being there is no quality control because you're just looking to get it out there asap.

Here's an idea: maybe cut it down to twice a week and start filtering out some of the crap that currently get published.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

"then is it possible that the current garbage getting published discourages people from submitting articles of actual quality?"

that makes no sense at all not even a lil bit

Seriously? You're telling me that someone copy and pasting a fucking fight commentary is an 'article'?

• Upvote 2

I will admit sometimes i put in filler to get the paper out but that is only so that the people who took the time to write a preview or review etc gets out there before the events take place i could set back and wait tell i get 7 great stories for the paper that could take awhile but in that time if there 3 previews and i am wating those previews will not get put in the paper because the events have passed do you see what i am saying

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

I will admit sometimes i put in filler to get the paper out but that is only so that the people who took the time to write a preview or review etc gets out there before the events take place i could set back and wait tell i get 7 great stories for the paper that could take awhile but in that time if there 3 previews and i am wating those previews will not get put in the paper because the events have passed do you see what i am saying

JJ i have send you a proper article to replace that one ,,,so this bitch shuts the fuck up and stops having a hes bitch fit

put it under hes id so he can get himself hyped....some people realy needs to get a life

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Seriously? You're telling me that someone copy and pasting a fucking fight commentary is an 'article'?

i am saying that copy and paste a commentary does not discourages people from submitting articles of actual quality

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

i am saying that copy and paste a commentary does not discourages people from submitting articles of actual quality

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

You could easily cut it down to twice a week and remove the filler altogether and have a semi-decent newspaper again, it's just with this latest edition it's getting to the point of ridiculousness.

let me asked you this do you submit things to the times ?

if not is it affecting you in some way ?

have i ever left your stuff out of the times to put crap shit in ?

Well for example I didn't bother to submit this seasons EPL previews because I figured most people don't actually bother to read the times nowadays: maybe that's part of the problem, but dare I suggest that part of the reason for people not submitting/reading is due the decline in quality.

I can do my bit to remedy that but I really don't see the point unless you start introducing some degree of quality control (and if that means publishing the newspaper on a less regular basis so be it).

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You could easily cut it down to twice a week and remove the filler altogether and have a semi-decent newspaper again, it's just with this latest edition it's getting to the point of ridiculousness.

Well for example I didn't bother to submit this seasons EPL previews because I figured most people don't actually bother to read the times nowadays: maybe that's part of the problem, but dare I suggest that part of the reason for people not submitting/reading is due the decline in quality.

I can do my bit to remedy that but I really don't see the point unless you start introducing some degree of quality control (and if that means publishing the newspaper on a less regular basis so be it).

maybe if you submit it more people would read did you ever think of that ? you are bitching about quality but you are not doing anything about submit the shit or stop bitching

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

(and if that means publishing the newspaper on a less regular basis so be it).

oh now we geting there...the real reason of this thread is not the copy paste issue, the reason is too many island fc articles....you cant realy fool us....guess what get your own writter going and the articles will be edited....if you dont have articles to send the you should be embarassed to make a point about this......is not like you are the most clever guy and everybody else is stupid....everyone reading this thread knows why your pussy is sore

you are one man telling me to put the paper out less but i bet the ones who are submitting stuff to the times would disagree you are saying to put it out less yet don't write anything for the times

so that is easy for you to say

• Upvote 1

(and if that means publishing the newspaper on a less regular basis so be it).

oh now we geting there...the real reason of this thread is not the copy paste issue, the reason is too many island fc articles....you cant realy fool us....guess what get your own writter going and the articles will be edited....if you dont have articles to send the you should be embarassed to make a point about this......is not like you are the most clever guy and everybody else is stupid....everyone reading this thread knows why your pussy is sore

It may have escaped your attention Mamado but the entire world doesn't revolve around you - for instance I have no issue with your articles being published, at least you put the effort in. But this latest crap that's getting included is taking the piss.

you are one man telling me to put the paper out less but i bet the ones who are submitting stuff to the times would disagree you are saying to put it out less yet don't write anything for the times

so that is easy for you to say

Yeah as I've already said I haven't been submitting articles because no one reads it anymore. I can help to remedy that but I don't really see the point unless there is some sort effort to actually get some sort of semi-decent quality control installed to encourage people to start reading it again.

It may have escaped your attention Mamado but the entire world doesn't revolve around you - for instance I have no issue with your articles being published, at least you put the effort in. But this latest crap that's getting included is taking the piss.

comon mate making an issue of it ...is not that serious ...who send the article by the way?...probably someone that strugles with the language barrier but is interested enough in the game to submit an article....you guys are very poor welcoming people into this game,, most of you actualy put people of with that behaviour....not me...i have tough skin ....but some more sensible guy would strugle as soon as he gets tangled on little forum bitches webbs......im a tarantula thoe webs are my world bitch

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

i will tell you what make a poll if more people want the news papers to come out less than that's what i will do no big deal

Nah that will end to this : who call more buttbuddies to vote win, not a good idea, every forum have "factions" , or people that do like "i do this to X because i dont like Y" i find that most polls in EVERY forum are mostly garbage.

• Downvote 1

and also you where talking about views

every time you go to the tycoon times page it counts as a view and yes the paper use to get more views that's true i guess in away

when the same paper sets there for 3 or 4 weeks every time someone goes to the page it counted as a view for that paper so yes a paper that sets there for two weeks will get more views than a paper that sets there for 2 days

The Unit successfully derails another post.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1