Tycoon Times Editorial Policy

YerMaw

hey why you trying to start shit up by the way....dont you have a girlfriend or something....go make love with her instead of hanging around with negativity , posting this frustrated threads....

.....Says the master of shit stirring....Seriously, take some of your own advice.

• Upvote 4

.....Says the master of shit stirring....Seriously, take some of your own advice.

oh yeah ...i will take your advice, mr i freak out for everything and act like a mercenary with no loyalty at at...... :hannibal:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujwm8YrEgI4

that what we do specialy when we come across morrons :yes:

#THEUNIT

try spell check.

• Upvote 2

try spell check.

dont make me post your video instead looooool....me with my speling you with your singing :dancing:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The Unit successfully derails another post.

now i know why you the member with the most posts every week......its all you can say ....or maybe its just your freak way to get envolved...like your catch frase or something.......

i actualy like a lot when you come up with helpfull and contructive posts , i do, i read them and i like them...we could do with someone with your skills and knowlage about the tycoon and im sure you are a + to have around.....

dont try to be a keybord warrior you a "good kid" and a very experient member try to help new members instead of being a bitch to them, otherwise another mamado might come along and humiliate all this type of individuals on dayly basis....i dont like doing it but hey dont despair i dont normaly hold grudges against people ......and who knows in the future you guys take a diferent aproach regarding newcomers if that happends we might be able to at least hold a civilized conversation, but until that happends i will ground you in the forum ,you and your little gang too...dont forget im the forum tarantula ready to take out injustice :spider:

it sounds a bit crazy but hey at least no one start singing kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

• Upvote 1

now i know why you the member with the most posts every week......its all you can say ....or maybe its just your freak way to get envolved...like your catch frase or something.......

i actualy like a lot when you come up with helpfull and contructive posts , i do, i read them and i like them...we could do with someone with your skills and knowlage about the tycoon and im sure you are a + to have around.....

dont try to be a keybord warrior you a "good kid" and a very experient member try to help new members instead of being a bitch to them, otherwise another mamado might come along and humiliate all this type of individuals on dayly basis....i dont like doing it but hey dont despair i dont normaly hold grudges against people ......and who knows in the future you guys take a diferent aproach regarding newcomers if that happends we might be able to at least hold a civilized conversation, but until that happends i will ground you in the forum ,you and your little gang too...dont forget im the forum tarantula ready to take out injustice :spider:

it sounds a bit crazy but hey at least no one start singing kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

You ain't grounding shit.

You ain't grounding shit.

so you agree with me you guys are nasty to newcomers........bewear of the spider :spider:

• Downvote 1

Recent publication dates:

May 01, 2016

Apr 30, 2016

Apr 29, 2016

Apr 28, 2016

Apr 26, 2016

Apr 25, 2016

Apr 24, 2016

Apr 21, 2016

Apr 20, 2016

^ Now I think about it that might just be the source of the problem. The paper is getting published every other day, the net effect being there is no quality control because you're just looking to get it out there asap.

Here's an idea: maybe cut it down to twice a week and start filtering out some of the crap that currently get published.

Agree on this. Quantity isn't quality. But I don't think it will matter all that much, I'm not sure many people really read the times anyway.

• Upvote 2

at the same time people should probably have to earn their way in and not get the small hype boosts for posting bollocks.

This is pretty much all I'm saying - if we're going to have a mechanism which people can exploit for hype might as well set some sort of bar for what is acceptable: the two examples I posted earlier are taking the absolute piss.

Either enact some sort of quality control or it becomes a free for all for anyone to exploit: if you want the free hype you should at least have to earn it by putting in some sort of effort.

Yeah I'm not taking shots at JJ in any way when I say it'd be better once a week. He really works at the paper and I really do like it's inclusion on the site and how it's constantly been run. I'm usually just adding some "Island feud hype" when I mention IslandFC's entries and stuff. I just think the newspaper benefits from having ACTUAL articles and making people actually work for their inclusion in the paper as opposed to having that many entries that everyone gets through no matter what.

• Upvote 1

so you agree with me you guys are nasty to newcomers........bewear of the spider :spider:

Nope.

It kind of goes both ways on the on the times. Not the effort of articles but the rate of the times it comes out. Having it come out daily gets kind of annoying but some times before time related articles weren't getting released until after.

• Upvote 1

I spend a lot of time doing the times trying to make sure that the stories come out on time if i do one paper a week and on monday i get two previews of cards happening on wednesday

and the paper don't come out till friday then those two previews don't go in the times

to be honest i thought i was doing the right thing i thought if i put more papers out more would write because they knew there stuff would go in the times

where before a lot did not submit to the times because it only came out one time a month so why bother to submit it wont go in anyway right?

i really thought i was helping out

• Upvote 1

Dont mind them JJ, the usual 1% of the comunity bitching in the forum, keep doing your thing brother.

Just because 2 or even 10 people bitch in the forum, doesnt mean you have the whole comunity against it, most dont care, but there are a lot of people too that submit the articles, i can count another dozen people that care about the articles, but it doesnt mean they have to show off in the forum.

Imho just keep doing your thing, quantity is good, you are not here to win a fucking Pulitzer anyway, i love how they moan about the quality, like they are some war journalist from VICE News or something, Tycoon Times is just flavour to the game, and honestly, being a game, i enjoy more the nut/comedy stories about fighters reported in the articles, rather than some wannabes Scott Cokers and Dana Whites tryng hard in a videogame.

Plus keep in mind that those whiners never submitted an article or barely read Tycoon times themselves, thats rich criticism coming from them, isnt it?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hmm let's see oh aye, both clydebank, kenlow + myself have all submitted articles - as usual you're talking out of your arse.

But I suspect you're right about one thing: most people don't seem to care. Unfortunately I suspect there might be a correlation between that and the quality of the paper in recent times, whether JJ wants to fix that or not is up to him.

• Upvote 3

"Hmm let's see oh aye, both clydebank, kenlow + myself have all submitted articles"

and the articles you submit all where in the times and came out on time but hey i am doing a shitty job

hey why don't you just tell mike i am doing a shit job with the paper he will take me off and your problem will be solved sir

• Upvote 1

Would there be a possibilty of adding polls or some such to the paper to increase reader participation?

Dude, it is not like somebody would hire VICE News or Ariel Helwani as journalists, making Tycoon Times a Pulitzer recipient.

Put this jestering shit to a rest, this was just a very bad hidden cheapshot from the creator of this thread, he dont REALLY even care i think.

• Downvote 1

You could, oh I dunno, maybe listen to the suggestions people are making instead of telling them to go speak to mike?

It's pretty difficult trying to make constructive comments when most of this thread has been a stream of passive aggressive posts from your alliance mates.

• Upvote 2