Island Fighting closed?

@Timqwe there you go. Clyde and his mad assumption skills kill it again :D.

Yeah I'll tell Stefan to loosen the purse strings if he's able to. That being said, HI likely isn't flush with cash so we'll have to see what happens with it.

Yeah, I totaly get you. I think that Vermeer should be able to bring in a bit more money than offered though ;)

I've been away from the forums for a couple days and come back and the Island has gone to shit. I haven't read the who;e thread yet but read enough to see that J.J. once again closes an Org, what a shame. I echo a lot of what I've read here about J.J. allowing mamado and company to give his org and alliance a bad name, but in the end it was J.J. that kept them around despite all the hatred it brought to his businesses.

In the end it's the fighters, managers who spent money on businesses to help out on the Island that now suffer. Like I said, J.J. has done this before so I can't sit here and say I feel for him...He made his bed now it's time to lye in it. I to think J.J. is a good kid, but he really needs to grow up and stop hurting others by closing down orgs.

• Upvote 3

there's some crazy stuff, first he shut it down and Mike apparently gave it back to him for it to get closed again the next day...or something....

I dont know what happened either, he just said to me " cheaters have won " or implyng something like that, but i really dont even know if Mike had resurrected the org at all before being closed again, but apparently JJ have quit MMA Tycoon for good this time and gave all his saves to Mamado.

As for Mamado, he is out from any business and competition, i really dont know what happened to let both of them quit almost everything, that was brutal.

• Downvote 1

I think the nail in the coffin for JJ was when Reggie picked up the IFC champ (also putting to rest Thundercunt Vs Voljin). IFC was still number 1 and with the newspaper fuelling it, HI would have struggled to take the top spot (yet we were confident we'd make it work by the end). Although Reggie was in violation of the rules, I don't really think JJ honestly thought HI made any difference with Elk's fighters competing considering it's The Island and people will accept fights on 2 days notice, and with 200 fighters it'd be easy as fuck to find a replacement (and likely one better than the 0-3 guys Elk was fighting with). So IFC was on top, and I don't think JJ really considered "the cheaters winning" until Reggie got Whittaker which I know was a huge blow to JJ. That was kind of the spiral which led to everything.

I think JJ was started to lack confidence in his own org. He was claiming HI had won and the cheats were prevailing...even though IFC was #1 at the time. I think he felt it was just going to unravel before the end and he closed the org in a bitchfit over it. Shame, IFC was definitely his best org to date and was legitimate competition.

Looks like Highland Kickboxing is closed now :(. I had no idea what was going on but I assume Michael Russell was being sold both orgs at the one time. Slight lack of communication there. Russell was gonna run HKB but I guess we needed someone in Highland Island more urgently. I think Stefan is going to run that until the end of the season now.

Yep. We tried our best but I know Don said it'd be impossible to save with it's money and I dunno if Michael Russell has ran an org before so it probably would have crashed anyways unfortunately.

Next season I've been considering finding myself a temporary Highland Games replacement :D I love HG but now that we've peaked, it would be great to get a couple of months where I get back to working towards something again.

lol, you think thats because of ONE fighter?? you really feel at the centre of the world did you?

JJ just got worked too much and he lost it, thats the only reason, dude just need to enjoy the game and cut the crap for a while.

Might have had something to do with me not willing to sign Vermeer back too.

Learn english, you fuckin waste of space

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Last thing I recieved as I resigned with his org after he started another was that mike offered to resurect his org. So he closed the one he created and seemed quite happy... but perhaps it didn't go as planed. (resigned because there wasn't any other option)

Anyhow, S5 is ruined. 4 months occupying fighterslots for something.... I do not know what. Any chances of gaining p4p fighter is totally fucked. Only possible redemption would be to possibly win the end season tourney but do I even have a chance to enter with so few fights???

This is why you can't have something like this run on its on free will. If the orgs aren't good the whole season is ruined for anyone signing with that org.

• Upvote 1

I'm just putting this out there. I believe Highland Island will be the #1 org on the Island this season.

Any takers on bets? :shades:

What are the odds on Highland Island closing?

Hmmmm.....I'd be willing to go 100 to 1 that HI closes before seasons end.

Make them fucking amazing and I'll see what I can do :D

Nah HI is here until the season's end.

pssst....between you and I you need to close HI 1 day before end of season, we'll be rich :smile_anim: