Is CM Punk's match on August confirm?

It's possible, they don't have the cards for August completely full on the website yet. I just read that he's fighting at 202. The only fight UFC has on the card so far is McGregor/Diaz.

• Upvote 1

• ESPN.com news services

"Former WWE superstar CM Punk will make his UFC debut in a welterweight bout against Mickey Gall at UFC 203 on Sept. 10, the UFC announced Thursday.

UFC 203 will be held in Cleveland, where hometown hero Stipe Miocic defends his UFC heavyweight title for the first time against Alistair Overeem. In the co-main event, Fabricio Werdum will take on Ben Rothwell.

Punk, 37, birth name Phil Brooks, signed with the UFC in December 2014 and had his debut postponed because of a shoulder injury. He has been training at Roufusport Academy in Milwaukee, the home to former UFC lightweight champion Anthony Pettis and Asia-based ONE welterweight champion Ben Askren, among others.

Gall (2-0) is a 24-year-old welterweight prospect fighting out of New Brunswick, New Jersey. He made his UFC debut on Feb. 6 and picked up a first-round submission win."

I didn't realize he was already 37. A little late in the game for such a big career shift.

• ESPN.com news services

"Former WWE superstar CM Punk will make his UFC debut in a welterweight bout against Mickey Gall at UFC 203 on Sept. 10, the UFC announced Thursday.

UFC 203 will be held in Cleveland, where hometown hero Stipe Miocic defends his UFC heavyweight title for the first time against Alistair Overeem. In the co-main event, Fabricio Werdum will take on Ben Rothwell.

Punk, 37, birth name Phil Brooks, signed with the UFC in December 2014 and had his debut postponed because of a shoulder injury. He has been training at Roufusport Academy in Milwaukee, the home to former UFC lightweight champion Anthony Pettis and Asia-based ONE welterweight champion Ben Askren, among others.

Gall (2-0) is a 24-year-old welterweight prospect fighting out of New Brunswick, New Jersey. He made his UFC debut on Feb. 6 and picked up a first-round submission win."

I didn't realize he was already 37. A little late in the game for such a big career shift.

didn't I already say that?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

I added the opponent, location and main events on the card. So no, you didn't.

that wasn't the question. The question was is Punk confirmed for debuting in August not who's on the card and where the card is he's on.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

Harry wasn't being a dick, so stop taking it like one.

go f yourself

• Downvote 2

I wouldn't get my hopes up for this fight ... and yes...there will be a shit load of hype by Dana and the crew, press conferences but wait till both of them get inside the octagon on the fight day to be excited ;)

• Upvote 1

No way, he's going to fight at ufc 300 and that's the best case senario

I wouldn't get my hopes up for this fight ... and yes...there will be a shit load of hype by Dana and the crew, press conferences but wait till both of them get inside the octagon on the fight day to be excited ;)

Agreed, I'd be shocked if he Punk doesn't get injured again prior to this fight.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm surprised he's going by Punk, I figured if it wasn't Wrestling, he'd use his real name but yet again I guess you can't sell tickets if nobody knows who Phil Brooks is. Cult of Personality?

• Upvote 1

I'm surprised he's going by Punk, I figured if it wasn't Wrestling, he'd use his real name but yet again I guess you can't sell tickets if nobody knows who Phil Brooks is. Cult of Personality?

Wow i taught the wwe owns the name/gimmick dont they ?I member a few wrestlers had to change there gimmick name /wrestling name after they left the company because the wwe trademarks there names .If the wwe wanted to they could force the ufc not to call him cm punk.I suppose there on good terms so they wont do that

Wow i taught the wwe owns the name/gimmick dont they ?I member a few wrestlers had to change there gimmick name /wrestling name after they left the company because the wwe trademarks there names .If the wwe wanted to they could force the ufc not to call him cm punk.I suppose there on good terms so they wont do that

No, he had that name long before he was in WWE.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yes..Kenlow73, CM Punk was his gimmick since he was in independent and the ROH, as for his entrance music, "this fire burns" seems more boasting as his entrance and the lyric suit him well..

Gall seems like an BJJ expert , so punk should concentrate on his fist and knee , else i don't see him winning with submission, he really need one lucky punch to KO Gall for the win

• 2 weeks later...