Bad Boy Promotions Smack Talk

JB90

Dean Wesson: I'm excited about joining this up and coming org. Not going to lie the smack talk so far has been grade school at best, but I'm looking at some of the signed LHW's and there are lots of challenging matchups I'm looking forward to. I'm open to all opponents that want to really go at it and aim for a Fight of the Night blood bath. Any takers at LHW?

BBP Fight Night (13 July 16 – Bob’s Bar, Las Vegas) Preview and Predictions – Written By Gabe T.S. Gardner (112290)

From Bob’s Bar in Las Vegas comes the first edition of Fight Night presented by Bad Boy Promotions. Featuring 10 bouts of the cream of the crop of MMA in the state of Nevada including two title fights for the 135lbs BBP title and the 145lbs title.

Fight 1
Jimmy “Jimmy the Reach” Johnson 4-0-0 v Lucas Pereira 3-0-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 135lbs

Both fighters are coming into this fight with a wave of momentum, undefeated with four and three victories respectively. Both fighters have gone the distance on two separate occasions and have shown considerably good stand-up ability. The fight here I believe isn’t going to be won with one punch or a submission, but by fighting tactically. Both Johnson and Pereira will be prepping for this fight cautiously, well aware of their opponent’s solid record if they have done their homework.

Pereira especially will want to take note that his opponent finished an opponent within a minute, demonstrating fierce kicking power and will likely be watching out for the longer legs of Johnson. In terms of natural ability, I believe Pereira has demonstrated greater tactical intelligence in his fights, slowing the pace and taking the fights round by round instead of gassing himself trying to get the highlight reel finish. Both fighters have the skills to win this one, but my vote goes to Pereira.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Lucas Pereira, Round 3 (UD)

Fight 2
Iain “Menzies” The Man 1-1-0 vs Dexter “Mclovin” Wilson 0-1-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 170lbs

It’s the battle for Chester here as two men from the same turf fight for bragging rights to take back to their hometown. Wilson has demonstrated a fantastic boxing game and a solid chin but is prone to errors on his back, finding himself most of the time throughout his first fight trying to bat off submission moves, and eventually tapping to an Armbar.

“The man” in contrast to his opponent has shown to have a decent ground game overall and superior wrestling skills, but a very poor grasp of standup ability, and is likely to struggle on his feet against a boxer the calibre of Wilson. This fight is about exploiting weaknesses and covering up you own, and due to “Menzies” victory over a superior standup fighter previously in his career, I think he has the ability to get this done and submit Wilson by the second round.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Iain “Menzies” The Man, Round 2 (SUB)

Fight 3
James Oddweek 1-0-0 v Junior Silva 2-1-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 145lbs

Junior Silva debuts in BBP against Oddweek who is coming off of his debut win back at BBP 2. Silva has gone the distance in all three of his fights so far, losing one and winning two by unanimous decision. While this does illustrate that Silva has good durability and a solid chin, this does bring into question his ability to finish, and if he finds himself losing the rounds to Oddweek (also winning his first fight via decision) he might struggle to get a result if he doesn’t have that killer instinct to deliver a knockout blow.

Oddweek won slimly by split decision in his first fight in a bout that could have gone either way and this is all we have seen so far. Judging from what he displayed in that fight however, I don’t think he has a chance in a standup fight and may lack the ability to dominate him on the ground, so I have to give the edge in this one to Silva, in what I predict will be the first stoppage in either of their careers so far.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Junior Silva, Round 2 (TKO/KO)

Fight 4
Robb “The Wolf” Stark 1-0-0 v Hari “The Kraken” Kunwar 2-1-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 155lbs

It’s a battle of the beasts here at 155lbs as “The Wolf” Robb Stark looks to use his well-rounded striking game to beat “The Kraken” Hari Kunwar, coming off two wins inside the first round by submission.

This fight, as with most others on the card is about who will manage to exploit the weaknesses of the other earlier, and force them out of their comfort zone. While Kunwar has been able to deal with competent standup fighters and those more comfortable on the ground in his two wins, he hasn’t yet faced anyone with the strong and rounded striking ability of Stark.
Stark, similarly hasn’t faced someone with the BJJ ability of Kunwar yet and if caught in a submission could find out very quickly how much that experience factor may be needed.

While I think both fighters have the ability to win this, I think if Kunwar gets caught early, and might not have the wherewithal to recover.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Robb “The Wolf” Stark, Round 1 (TKO/KO)

Fight 5
Maurice Smith 3-1-0 v Liam Fitzpatrick 2-2-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes for the BBP Featherweight title

The 135lbs title is up for grabs here for the first time in BBP history, as we wait to crown the first champion at this weight division. Maurice Smith is riding a three fight winning streak, including his debut at BBP 2 for which he was awarded fight of the night honours. His superb Muay Thai and solid wrestling ability makes his a threat to any opponent and is the favourite going into this fight because of this.

Fitzpatrick has the same number of fights under his belt but has found out the hard way what getting knocked out feels like, losing to another fighter proficient in Muay Thai and wrestling before. If he can lure Smith in however, he could force him to tap out as his two wins have both come from submission, a reflection of his wrestling and BJJ ability.

Given that Fitzpatrick has lost to a fighter cut from a cloth not too dissimilar to that of Smith before, I give the edge to smith to become the first ever BPP featherweight champion.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Maurice Smith, Round 2 (TKO/KO)

Fight 6
Sausage “Soy” McMuffin 1-0-0 v Lukasz "Gonzo" Nemec 0-0-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 185lbs

This fight, either way is almost certainly going to end in somebody tapping out. While McMuffin’s all-round skillset has appeared limited, he is highly skilled at BJJ and is likely to bet it all on luring “Gonzo” into a submission. Nemec however is also well skilled in BJJ and a superior wrestler.

While McMuffin has won his debut fight I don’t feel is will be skilled enough to overcome the more rounded ability of his opponent tonight. I predict Nemec will be able to submit him in the first or second round although he will have to be wary he doesn’t get overconfident and caught.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Lukasz “Gonzo” Nemec, Round 1 (SUB)

Fight 7
Madi “The Container” Sunda 2-0-0 v Hinrik “The Ice-Giant” Leifsson 1-0-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 265lbs

A colossal clash of the giants is set here as two huge heavyweights meet for a fight that is more a spectacle than anything else. 7’3ft tall Madi Sunda takes on 6”9ft tall Hinrik Leifsson.

Leifsson has good Muay Thai ability and will be looking to win this fight in the clinch, but found it hard to finish his opponent in his debut, winning by decision. Sunda however is not heavily trained in any particular discipline but is well rounded, boating a solid chin and serious oomph with his strikes. It is hard to determine a winner here due to the fact that Leifsson has not had his chin tested yet and Sunda hasn’t fought anyone with the standup ability of his opponent yet, despite the relative inexperience of his opponent. It’s a spectacle that could go either way, but simply due to what he has in his locker I believe Leifsson could take this one via stoppage, and if he can’t serious questions will be asked about his chin and knockout ability.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Hinrik “The Ice-Giant” Leifsson, Round 2 (TKO/KO)

Fight 8
Kyron “Gravemaker” Davis 1-1-0 v John Oddweek 0-1-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 145lbs

The second member of the Oddweek family to be fighting on this card, John Oddweek will be looking to avenge his loss at BBP 2, and claim his first victory against the “Gravemaker” who will also want to pick himself up after his most recent loss.

Davis has the ability and power to blitz Oddweek out of there early but he does not want to get caught unawares on the ground and get himself into a wrestling match with Oddweek, who terrific ability in that area.

In my opinion I think Davis maybe a bit too aggressive for Oddweek to adjust to so quickly, and therefore I think Davis will finish Oddweek early.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Kyron “Gravemaker” Davis, Round 1 (TKO/KO)

Fight 9
Andre “The Prodigy” Hendrix 3-1-0 v Shane Myres 1-0-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes for the BBP Lightweight title

Both fighters coming into this title fight have won all their victories via submission, are both ranked as brown belts with Myres possessing a superior standup game than Hendrix’s but is less experienced as a wrestler and could be smothered in the cage if he isn’t very careful.

Myres however has a confidence boost of having the submission of the night honours in this BBP debut, and providing a very good showing, which will keep him positive and mentally in check.

This fight is very even on paper and both fighters have a lot to give in this championship bout, but I feel as though “The Prodigy” may just have more to give at this stage in their careers and will win by submission.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Andre “The Prodigy” Hendrix, Round 2 (SUB)

Fight 10
Gabriel “The Saint” De Angelico 1-1-0 v Georgie “Jack Knife” Porgie 3-2-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 170lbs

Both fighters here are all well rounded, having demonstrated solid foundations in both grappling on the floor and fighting upright, with the key difference between the two being that “Jack Knife” Georgie Porgie is strongly disciplined in boxing whereas De Angelico is decently well versed in both boxing and Muay Thai.

De Angelico does have a slight height advantage over his opponent and in a fight that could be all about slight advantages this could have a big part to play.

I feel as though “The Saint” maybe a little too well versed in striking for Porgie and will light him up at some time during the first or second round.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Gabriel “The Saint” De Angelico Round 1 (TKO/KO)

This terrific card has a lot of promise and two terrific title fights booked, so be sure to check it out LIVE on the 13th of July from Bob’s Bar in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Written by Gabe T.S. Gardner (112290)

• Upvote 1

Hinrik Leifsson: Madi Sunda, You are about to find out the hard way what my knee is gonna taste like when it goes through your lower jaw and out the back of your skull!

BBP 3 (08 July 16 – The Underground, Las Vegas) Review – Written By Gabe T.S. Gardner (112290)

The third BBP event held by Bad Boy exhibited some great and thrilling contests, as well as some upsets that will shock fight fans across the state of Nevada. Here we will run down the big winners and the big losers as we examine BBP 3, from the Underground in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Fight 1
Avon Barksalot 2-0-0 v Mutsu xx 3-1-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 185lbs

In our first contest of the night, we saw Mutsu xx acting incredibly indecisively as to whether to keep the fight on the ground or standing up, as he landed a total of six takedowns within the first round, letting Barksalot up each time.

Whether or not these were mind games we do not know, all we do know is they definitely did not work. Barksalot connected with a high kick that stopped Mutsu dead in his tracks before knocking him out cold with a beautiful right hook. Barksalot now moves on to 3-0-0 undefeated and looked impressive with the timing of his strikes here tonight, especially at the finish.

One thing I did not count of in my predictions is that Mutsu xx would take such a bizarre strategy, which completely failed him and thus he didn’t stand a chance against Barksalot who wasn’t interested in playing games.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Mutsu xx, Round 1 (SUB)
Final Result: (W) Avon Barksalot, Round 1 01:16 (KO-Punch)

Fight 2
Lyoto Destroyer 0-1-0 vs Horacio Martins 0-0-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 185lbs

It’s a win for the debuting Martins, as Destroyer looked to overwhelm him on the ground, but got caught unawares with a rear naked choke. After Destroyer’s takedown he looked to smother Martins in a flurry of blows, but did not seem to find a good angle to do any real damage, and as he took a second to catch his breath and re-strategize he left himself open and was forced to tap out.

Given that Destroyer is the superior wrestler, having been caught out on the ground will be very embarrassing for him and he will need to come back in a big way in his next fight if he wants to stay in the game for much longer.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Lyoto Destroyer, Round 2 (TKO/KO)
Final Result: (W) Horacio Martins, Round 1 02:28 (SUB-RNC)

Fight 3
Mars Asteroidbelt 1-0-0 v Anthony Clark 1-2-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 145lbs
I have been eating humble pie up to this point, as the first three fights have gone completely against my predictions as the fighters I have backed have not shown up in good form. Asteroidbelt was in Clark’s world as he spent the majority of the fight on the ground eating a grand total of 29 strikes for his troubles while failing to land one significant strike.

He wasn’t able to get to a standing position to really unload upon Clark and so was forced to endure three gruelling rounds as he felt each one slip to the 18 year old. Clark will definitely take a lot from this fight, learning that he is able to effectively control dominant strikers on the ground, experience that should help him in the future.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Mars Asteroidbelt, Round 1 (TKO/KO)
Final Result: (W) Anthony Clark, Round 3 05:00 (UD)

Fight 4
Shamo Lee 2-0-0 v Glenn Williamson 0-0-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 155lbs

As predicted, this fight ended up being a contest of who could win on the ground, with Williamson controlling most of the floor. He looked for the Kimura for most of the fight, which each time was defended well by Lee, as was any attempt made by Lee on Williamson.

Shamo Lee looked to be able to finish the fight after cracking Williamson with a thunderous uppercut, dropping Williamson to the ground, but could not capitalise on it. Finally, Williamson locked in the Kimura and forced Lee to tap in the second round, showing great fighting spirit to recover from that uppercut.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Glenn Williamson, Round 3 (UD)
Final Result: (W) Glenn Williamson, Round 2 02:24 (SUB-Kimura)

Fight 5
Dave Mustaine 0-0-0 v Diego Sanchez 0-0-0: 3 Rounds Of 5 Minutes 185lbs

Sanchez showed a HELL of a chin in this bout between the debuting middleweights, but ultimately offered little in the way of resistance as every takedown attempt was stuffed comfortably. As a result Mustaine unloaded a whopping 43 strikes in the first round out of an attempted 51 and used Sanchez as little more than a punching bag as he demonstrated excellent striking skills and speed to paste his opponent across the cage.

If Mustaine shows he has a chin, or the ability to send someone out early in his next fights he could go far in this organisation, as it was an extremely dominant fight that ended after he connected with a straight left hand, flooring Sanchez and hammered away until the referee pulled him off.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Dave Mustaine, Round 2 (TKO/KO)
Final Result: (W) Dave Mustaine, Round 1 04:38 (TKO-Strikes)

Fight 6
Alexander Dippe 0-0-0 v Tommy Gunner 1-0-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 185lbs

Dippe looked almost intimidated by Gunner here in his debut as he was timid and avoided throwing any strikes, opting to get gunner in the clinch and hopefully work off of him from in there.

However, the experience factor for Gunner paid off as he performed an excellent judo throw to take Dippe off balance and immediately apply an especially painful looking Kimura, forcing Dippe to tap.

Alexander Dippe will have to be more aggressive and less respectful going into future fights, as well as read up on his opponents a bit more, as he played right into a trap set by Gunner.
Gunner will move on and look to his next challenge, and personally this reviewer would like to see Gunner face either Mustaine or Barksalot in the future to see how he deals with a more aggressive stand-up fighter.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Tommy Gunner, Round 1 (SUB)
Final Result: (W) Tommy Gunner, Round 1 00:42 (SUB-Kimura)

Fight 7
Teddy Bremner 4-0-0 v Nate Poriier 0-0-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 170lbs

Bremner is quickly establishing himself as one of the smartest up-and-coming fighters in the promotion, as his tactical ability to win rounds and to outscore his opponents is shining through after his third win by decision on the trot.

He countered everything the debuting Poriier threw at him, landing some great fluid counter-shots at his opponent, winning the rounds, stuffing takedowns and looking aware and alert throughout the fight, including convincingly winning the last. We have yet to see his chin truly tested or his knockout power shown, which may be capitalised on by opponents later down the line, but so far Bremner is doing everything asked of him as the 20 year old welterweight has surely made himself a title contender whenever the decision is made.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Teddy Bremner, Round 3 (SD/UD)
Final Result: (W) Teddy Bremner, Round 3 05:00 (UD)

Fight 8
Connor Mcdavid 0-0-1 v Cody Myres 0-1-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 170lbs

Mcdavid demonstrated excellent control and wrestling ability here, as he left the larger, but smaller framed Myres struggling on the floor. Mcdavid didn’t look troubled by the shots he took, including a fierce uppercut from Myers, and managed to put him in a perilous position just moments earlier, with a fierce elbow.

The finish came after a vicious suplex took Myres down, and after a short struggle, Mcdavid managed to get Myres into a dangerous position before hammering away on the back of his head, with the referee stepping in and declaring this a victory by TKO.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Cody Myres, Round 1 (TKO/KO)
Final Result: (W) Connor Mcdavid, Round 1 02:54 (TKO-Strikes)

Fight 9
Luke Bresnan 0-0-0 v Pangolas Do Cavaco 0-0-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 205lbs

Bresnan unloaded some fierce cannon-shots with his deadly right hand that allowed him to take advantage of a floored Do Cavaco and work in a Kimura, forcing Do Cavaco to tap out.

Bresnan looked completely unfazed by anything Do Cavaco had to offer and mauled him in the clinch, landing a large number of punches to his head. Going into this fight, we had heard about the knockout power Bresnan had in his locker but we had yet to see it, but it was displayed excellently here, knocking Do Cavaco down with a huge right uppercut and big right hand which allowed him to lock in a submission on the dazed 18 year old.

Fighters across the light heavyweight division will be weary of the dynamite loaded in that right hand now as Bresnan looks to have made a statement.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Luke Bresnan, Round 2 (TKO/KO)
Final Result: (W) Luke Bresnan, Round 1 02:31 (SUB-Kimura)

Fight 10
Mark Gregory 1-0-0 v Everett Small 1-0-0: 3 Rounds of 5 Minutes 145lbs

This featherweight fight went the distance, and demonstrated that both fighters were very evenly matched, and had an all-out brawl. In my mind, I would have given the fight to Gregory, as the youngster had a better ratio of strikes thrown to strikes landed, and strikes landed overall, and it seems that judge George Francis would agree with me, scoring the fight in his favour.

However, judges Twigg and Towbar thought this one was too close to call, and the fight has ended in a Majority draw. I think Gregory can be proud of how he matched up with a fighter the calibre of small and can even be upset his hand wasn’t raised in victory here, but he showed a lot of promise and I look forward to seeing what he does next.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Prediction: (W) Everett Small Round 1 (TKO/KO)
Final Result: (X) Round 3 05:00 Majority Draw

There was a lot to take away from this event, as we saw several upsets, some breakout performances and some incredible fights going into the next BBP event, but rest assured there is a lot more to give from all of these fighters, who I look forward to seeing go at it again very soon at BBP 4.

Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Correct Predictions: 5/10
Gabe T.S. Gardner’s Round & Finish Predictions: 2/10

Written by Gabe T.S. Gardner (112290)

I now own this org. I'm looking for somebody to run it, if not it will be merged into my St Pete org.

Found somebody

Edited by kenlow73