Pokemon Go

garycoffey15

no interest in the game whatsoever , everywhere i look i see people looking down at their phones, i think its pretty sad tbh, just my opinion.

People are going to be on their phone walking regardless.

Here people sit waiting at the site of one and rob you. Hope it was worth it. You are now a target.

Im not one of them i got a pokestop and arena right next to my house. Do i aint got to go anywhere to battle or get shit.

no interest in the game whatsoever , everywhere i look i see people looking down at their phones, i think its pretty sad tbh, just my opinion.

Welcome to being outside at literally any time in the last 5 years?

People are walking around texting and other shit all the time.

Pokemon Go at least gets the fucking shut ins to fucking leave the fucking house and fucking walk somewhere other than the fucking doughnut cabinet at the fucking 7-11.

• Upvote 1

Pokemon Go at least gets the fucking shut ins to fucking leave the fucking house and fucking walk somewhere other than the fucking doughnut cabinet at the fucking 7-11.

I thought the wii was suppose to make people get off their ass?

its been more like 10 years. Hell the crapple iphone was in 07. linux based ones prior to that and android HTC dream was 08 i think.

fair point, it's also giving paedophiles a way to easily lure kids to quiet areas and giving criminals a way to hunt hot spots and poke stops.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

fair point, it's also giving paedophiles a way to easily lure kids to quiet areas and giving criminals a way to hunt hot spots and poke stops.

As though pedos and criminals had such a limited number of ways to get after targets, especially those dumb enough to go into a dodgy part of town on their own when not many people are around in search of virtual fucking pokemon.

Besides, you've got a way higher chance of dying from not getting some fucking exercise than from being mugged at a pokestop -- in countries that aren't shit anyway.

• Upvote 2

The current set up makes it easy for them though, it needs looking at so pokemon only appear in well populated areas and any lures must be in crowded areas or whatever. You're right there's a million ways to die, but making things easy for criminals and putting vulnerable children at risk is something which can easily be avoided with better micro management of pokemon go

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Tbh, I'm seeing more people in their 20's playing the game than I am seeing kids.

Sure, criminals are using it as a way to rob people, it's happened a few times and it's been reported, but I've only seen stories of them happening at night, or when the areas will have very few people around. People who actually go out of their house at like 3 - 4 am just to play this game run that risk and should have enough common sense about them.

As for the paedophile thing, again, it's a common sense thing. Parents should be aware of the risks and the kids shouldn't be going into the areas without other people with them.

At this stage, people's own stupidity while playing the game is more dangerous than other people's intentions. I've heard stories of people walking off cliffs, playing the game while driving and crashing, breaking into people's houses and getting shot etc. I mean, shit, is it really that hard for them to use their brain and not be consumed by this game? Just because you can play it nearly anywhere doesn't mean you actually have to play it everywhere.

• Upvote 1

Oh IC. Because that wasn't what you claimed in your post. It was people who don't exercise versus being mugged at a pokestop.

Well, death from being mugged at a Pokestop is a subset of murders (a very, very small one), and people who only walk places because of Pokemon GO were a subset of people who don't exercise. The logic holds up if you're capable of following a path for more than half a step without a friendly hand to hold.

Well, death from being mugged at a Pokestop is a subset of murders (a very, very small one), and people who only walk places because of Pokemon GO were a subset of people who don't exercise. The logic holds up if you're capable of following a path for more than half a step without a friendly hand to hold.

The people driving down the road looking at their phones crashing into other people is just a side effect of it then i suppose.

My point was you are making assumptions based on a game released a very short while ago that has no factual data to back it up while countries it is being released just hours ago have the governments preparing for car crashes, people walking into traffic, muggings and other things, not death by lard ass. Logic aside of course.

The people driving down the road looking at their phones crashing into other people is just a side effect of it then i suppose.

My point was you are making assumptions based on a game released a very short while ago that has no factual data to back it up while countries it is being released just hours ago have the governments preparing for car crashes, people walking into traffic, muggings and other things, not death by lard ass. Logic aside of course.

This is the age of Technology people were doing the same thing before pokemon go. They are just putting more emphasis on it.