Fight Org Hype

TMT

Is the Fight Org Hype based on the events held?

Or

The hype of the fighters contracted to that Org?

-

Is the event ratings based off of the fights at that particular event?

Or

How many events that the Org has had divided by that, multiplied by this, averaged by those etc,etc, etc? lol - You get what I mean...right?

All of the above I think. The hype of the fighters influences the event ratings and the event ratings influence the hype of the org, I think.

This is what the wiki says about hype...

b7f421e25c9f8c15217a10221c86dd8b.png

Yes I read that in wiki also, but that's not exactly what I'm asking. First 2 questions basically I'm trying to find out:

if the event has great fights does rhe org hype grow?

Or

Is it based off of the hype of the fighters contracted to the org

To keep it even simpler.... If all the fighters with the highest hype fight on the same card the event ratings I would imagine would be off the charts. But, what if they was only contracted for 1 fight. Does my Org hype now take a hit because they are no longer on the roster?

Simply having a fighter under contract doesn't change your hype, no. It's more based off of your events; if you run an amazing first event that is filled with highly hyped fighters, you can get an incredible event rating, which will help give you a big boost to your company hype. However, I have personally witnessed companies making piss poor decisions, such as running two events on the same night, and I have seen their overall rating go DOWN as a result.

Signing a big fighter, having him fight, and then losing him won't hurt you after he leaves, no.

• Upvote 1

Simply having a fighter under contract doesn't change your hype, no. It's more based off of your events; if you run an amazing first event that is filled with highly hyped fighters, you can get an incredible event rating, which will help give you a big boost to your company hype. However, I have personally witnessed companies making piss poor decisions, such as running two events on the same night, and I have seen their overall rating go DOWN as a result.

Signing a big fighter, having him fight, and then losing him won't hurt you after he leaves, no.

Ok that's more of the type of response I was looking for. Now is the attendence based off of the orgs event reputation or the strength of the card. Is it possible to have all the bestfighters on a card for your first event and sell out a MMA Grand with ppv. Or you have to build your orgs event rep up with a lot of good events first?

To my understanding, attendance is based off of certain factors, including advertising value (Although there is a point in which you will get diminishing returns. You need to advertise more for higher hyped fighters), and also the strength of your last card. It's also based on the popularity of your main two (or three?) fights as well.

I believe the idea is to have your org hype be around 400/450, with your top fighters around the same range, before you even consider a PPV. That's according to one of the wiki pages, anyways. I'm sure somebody that is actually running PPV events *cough* could elaborate further on this.

However, I have heard of a strategy of placing a strong card ahead of the PPV, to build the momentum up in order to be more successful on the PPV card. I don't know if this strategy is still relevant, as it was told to me a few years back, when a prominent QFC Org was still in business.

• Upvote 2

or the game having a glitch forcing two events on the same night and your hype rating go down :(.

• Upvote 1

or the game having a glitch forcing two events on the same night and your hype rating go down :(.

Yeah that would do it, too. Bad Boy Promotions, your predecessor, was notorious for booking multiple events in the same evening, but not booking them all completely... that org was being run in the worst possible ways.

• Upvote 1

To my understanding, attendance is based off of certain factors, including advertising value (Although there is a point in which you will get diminishing returns. You need to advertise more for higher hyped fighters), and also the strength of your last card. It's also based on the popularity of your main two (or three?) fights as well.

I believe the idea is to have your org hype be around 400/450, with your top fighters around the same range, before you even consider a PPV. That's according to one of the wiki pages, anyways. I'm sure somebody that is actually running PPV events *cough* could elaborate further on this.

However, I have heard of a strategy of placing a strong card ahead of the PPV, to build the momentum up in order to be more successful on the PPV card. I don't know if this strategy is still relevant, as it was told to me a few years back, when a prominent QFC Org was still in business.

PPV is a different monster entirely, while is does run similar it's more complicated and PPV sales in particular are not as simple as just having a bunch of hyped fighters on your card.

PPV is a different monster entirely, while is does run similar it's more complicated and PPV sales in particular are not as simple as just having a bunch of hyped fighters on your card.

Guess who I plan to spam with questions when my company gets to that point?