Dragon Cage Conditioning

http://www.s90120014.onlinehome.us/files/tew/DragonCage7.png

Dragon Cage Conditioning Opens!

Welcome to Dragon Cage Conditioning - THE alternative to Cozad Montreal for the MMA enthusiast!

Looking for a reasonable alternative to the Cozad zoo for your new fighter?

Need to build up your physical attributes, but don't want spend $100, $200, or more per week to do so?

Then Dragon Cage Conditioning is the gym for you!

DCC provides a focused alternative to those fighters new to the sport of MMA who are looking to improve their overall conditioning. With a full-time conditioning coach of at least wonderful quality, DCC will permit your fighter to get the most out of his circuit training. Combine that with at least once a week sparring sessions in all disciplines that will always include at least one fighter with wonderful skill, DCC is the perfect training facility for the young MMA practitioner. And all for the same $50 price tag as you'd pay to be one of the thousands over at Cozad MMA.

And that will not change. As the gym grows, additional and more skilled conditioning coaches will be added, but the focus will always remaining on providing an affordable conditioning gym for the new fighters. I fully expect that as fighters mature they will move on to other, more specialized, gyms (and I look forward to working with such gyms), but DCC will be here for those new prospects you find. Providing the affordable conditioning alternative that you need.

Dragon Cage Conditioning

EDIT: NOTE ON ADDING COACHES (Modified from Gym email of 11/22/09)

Because I intend to keep the fee at $50 per week, adding more Elite conditioning coaches will not come quickly. An Elite (150 level, which is all I intend to hire) coach has a salary of $2750 per week, and needs to be paid twice that the first week. Add in the general purpose coach, Yella Bastone, who has a salary of $1500, and coach salaries alone require $4250 per week at the moment. That's 85 members needed right there. On top of that, there is the cost of keeping the gym clean ($1 per training session, or around $11 to $12 per member per week) and the equipment needs to be replaced with some frequency (every 10 days at the time of this writing), which costs $3000 each time. With a set-up of 1 general coach & 1 Elite conditioning coach, it takes about 152 members for the gym to break even. To add a second Elite conditioning coach will require a membership level of around 224, as long as other costs, such as the speed with which the equipment must be replaced, don't increase. I will generally try to add new elite conditioning coaches prior to actually reaching the break even point, but I can't be running the gym at a loss continually. For the first month the gym was open, it lost over $4500, with the fourth week being the only one where some profit was made. I fully expected that to be the case for the first month, but I can't rush adding additional conditioning coaches if the gym is to survive for the long term.

I created DCC to be an alternative to the Cozad gym everyone begins in. I especially wanted to create a place where new managers could send fighters for better training at the start of their playing MMATycoon, as few new managers can afford even the mid-level gyms right off the bat. DCC was not meant to be, or develop into, an "ELITE" style gym. There are plenty of those in Montreal and more attempts spring up every week. I even try to recommend some of them in the chatbox on DCC's page, as I know that every one of the fighters in DCC will eventually be moving on to these types of gyms. When it is time for your fighter(s) to move on to other gyms, I understand. I don't expect most fighters to spend more than a month or two at DCC; perhaps coming back occasionally when they want to spend a week just doing cardio/weights/yoga/sparring without paying $600 to do so. With that said, please don't expect me to be adding more coaches prior to the time when the gym can support them. When the membership grows sufficient to support the coaches, I will add them. If you ever have any questions, feel free to PM me in game, post in the gym chatbox, or here on the forum.

EDIT 12/2 - costs have continued to rise due to equipment needing to be replaced more frequently. New coaches will be hired when it is economically feasible. Regardless of a second conditioning coach, DCC still is superior to Cozad in every way.

EDIT 12/8 - A second conditioning coach of either Remarkable or Wonderful caliber will be hired shortly. I just need to look at the numbers to determine which level to try to stick with for future coach hiring:

Remarkable break even points - 244 members for the next (2nd) conditioning coach | 283 members for the 3rd coach | 323 members for the 4th coach

Wonderful break even points - 249 members for the next (2nd) conditioning coach | 294 member for the 3rd coach | 339 members for the 4th coach

as compared with

Elite break even points - 277 members for the next (2nd) conditioning coach | 349 members for the 3rd coach | 422 members for the 4th coach

EDIT 1/14 - The decision has been made to stick with hiring Wonderful caliber fitness coaches from here on out. Based on equipment needing to be replaced every 5 days (current rate) the break even points for bringing in new coaches are:

5th coach - 403

6th coach - 448

So far, I have actually been hiring the new coach well before these numbers, but it always will depend upon how the gym's finances are looking and what the growth rate has been recently.

Thanks.

It certainly felt like there was a niche I could fill given my own experience as a new player of the game. With the training changes, it seemed most of the gyms all started to head in the direction of becoming mulit-elite gyms, as the concept of the no coaches/sparring gyms became less appealing. Understandable, but it left me without the type of gym I was looking for for my brand new fighters. I figure it will require more regular work to run DCC than some other gyms, as I can't really just try to get a stable group of fighters but will need to routinely be bringing in new guys as others graduate to the elite gyms, but I look forward to that challenge.

Cozad Montreal made obsolete!

I've added a second coach who is Competent in BJJ/MT/Boxing/Wrestling - in other words, every bit of training available at Cozad Montreal is now offered at Dragon Cage Conditioning for the same low $50 per week. PLUS we offer the following that Cozad cannot:

an ELITE conditioning coach!

Twice weekly sparring in each style lead by a Wonderful trainer!

Cleaner and new facilities!

Smaller class sizes!

The ONLY reason anyone still trains at Cozad is because they WANT their fighter to FAIL!

All I have to say is thanks.

As a new player it's great to see this kind of support for us newbies!

You're welcome, and thanks to you and everyone else who has joined DCC. I'm a new player myself, which is largely why I decided to open a gym for newcomers. In my first four or five days I think I went through four different gyms. Simply finding a gym under $100 was hard enough, but then it turned into one thing or another. The first closed, leaving my four guys out in the cold. (It appears the owner's VIP lapsed or was lost, so the gym simply vanished with no warning that I saw.) I joined another, but within a couple of hours I received a gym wide email indicating that he was turning the into an elite gym and the price would be going up to over $250. Seemed like a reasonable plan, but obviously it didn't fit well with my new, and still unemployed, fighters. So I figured I'd join a no coaches/sparring gym that was less than the $50 Cozad charged. Even with the sparring changes, I figured I'd be alright there until I figured out what I was doing enough to move on to one of the $100 - $250 type gyms. However when I checked on the gym the next day, the cleanliness of the place was in serious decline, and I was once again looking for a new gym. I found another one around $100, but at that point I was pretty uncertain about how long until it either decided to go elite or faded away. Since I had purchased a 3-month VIP to take a look at what benefits VIP provided, I decided to look into the costs of running a gym and thought that it might just be possible to run a $50/week gym that provided more than Cozad without going under. I actually figured it would be a slower build up than it has been, but then again, once I added the second coach to cover the basic training available at Cozad, I'm at a loss at why anyone (over 300 members) is still over there. :bangin: DCC is already well on it's way to reaching the weekly break even point (81 members per week will cover the current weekly costs of the two coaches plus upkeep), which is something I didn't expect to happen for the first month or so. It's still not going to be easy, especially since I expect most people will be moving their fighters on after getting the weeks of basic training they need, but if things continue as they have, I expect to either be upgrading the conditioning coach (possibly all the way to Elite+) or adding an adding a second conditioning coach (if people feel class size needs to be lowered). But I don't want to act too soon and run the risk of having to close the gym down due to due to over-reaching on my part.

I've also gone out and signed the four trainers to contracts with Art of Conflict so that they can begin training full-time and offer more sparring opportunities with the trainers. They are still pretty green and one dimensional, so it should be interesting to see how they do in the cage. In any case, look for an expanded sparring schedule beginning next Monday. I'm pumping them through a lot of cardio this week and hope to be able to provide at least four training sessions from each coach (spaced out to try to avoid the "too much sparring" warnings). Since this is a gym for newcomers, I planning on keeping these sessions to the Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday periods that the part-timers are on, as I feel it is only fair that everyone be able to work with these trainers.

Hello and good luck from Sierra Rayne

I have a few fighters looking to spar in Muy Thai.. anyone interested?

I have a couple of guys who are Superb, Proficient & Respectable in MT who could all use some additional boxing sparring. Or Wrestling/BJJ, depending upon the fighter. PM me in game (Manger ID 12294) if you'd be interested in trying to work out a schedule.

You're welcome, and thanks to you and everyone else who has joined DCC. I'm a new player myself, which is largely why I decided to open a gym for newcomers. In my first four or five days I think I went through four different gyms. Simply finding a gym under $100 was hard enough, but then it turned into one thing or another. The first closed, leaving my four guys out in the cold. (It appears the owner's VIP lapsed or was lost, so the gym simply vanished with no warning that I saw.) I joined another, but within a couple of hours I received a gym wide email indicating that he was turning the into an elite gym and the price would be going up to over $250. Seemed like a reasonable plan, but obviously it didn't fit well with my new, and still unemployed, fighters. So I figured I'd join a no coaches/sparring gym that was less than the $50 Cozad charged. Even with the sparring changes, I figured I'd be alright there until I figured out what I was doing enough to move on to one of the $100 - $250 type gyms. However when I checked on the gym the next day, the cleanliness of the place was in serious decline, and I was once again looking for a new gym. I found another one around $100, but at that point I was pretty uncertain about how long until it either decided to go elite or faded away. Since I had purchased a 3-month VIP to take a look at what benefits VIP provided, I decided to look into the costs of running a gym and thought that it might just be possible to run a $50/week gym that provided more than Cozad without going under. I actually figured it would be a slower build up than it has been, but then again, once I added the second coach to cover the basic training available at Cozad, I'm at a loss at why anyone (over 300 members) is still over there. :bangin: DCC is already well on it's way to reaching the weekly break even point (81 members per week will cover the current weekly costs of the two coaches plus upkeep), which is something I didn't expect to happen for the first month or so. It's still not going to be easy, especially since I expect most people will be moving their fighters on after getting the weeks of basic training they need, but if things continue as they have, I expect to either be upgrading the conditioning coach (possibly all the way to Elite+) or adding an adding a second conditioning coach (if people feel class size needs to be lowered). But I don't want to act too soon and run the risk of having to close the gym down due to due to over-reaching on my part.

I've also gone out and signed the four trainers to contracts with Art of Conflict so that they can begin training full-time and offer more sparring opportunities with the trainers. They are still pretty green and one dimensional, so it should be interesting to see how they do in the cage. In any case, look for an expanded sparring schedule beginning next Monday. I'm pumping them through a lot of cardio this week and hope to be able to provide at least four training sessions from each coach (spaced out to try to avoid the "too much sparring" warnings). Since this is a gym for newcomers, I planning on keeping these sessions to the Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday periods that the part-timers are on, as I feel it is only fair that everyone be able to work with these trainers.

I have a couple of guys who are Superb, Proficient & Respectable in MT who could all use some additional boxing sparring. Or Wrestling/BJJ, depending upon the fighter. PM me in game (Manger ID 12294) if you'd be interested in trying to work out a schedule.

The cozad gym always frustrated me when I first started my gym. My gym was clearly better and only $10 dollars more in the beginning and people still continued at cozad. But I think you seem to be building your gym with an intelligent plan so it should be successful.

Good Luck

Owner EJJCS Tokyo

Shawn Kirk

• 2 weeks later...

Jackie Mcleod joins Dragon Cage Conditioning!

We are pleased to announce the addition of Jackie Mcleod, an Elite level fitness coach, to the staff of Dragon Cage Conditioning. As always, DCC continues to offer top level conditioning to fighters in Montreal for the low price of $50. Why waste away in Cozad, when for the same price you can not only receive Elite level fitness training, but the full range of training available at Cozad, sparring with Wonderful fighters in all disciplines, top level equipment and the environment your stellar athlete deserves.

The path to a championship caliber fighter begins here!

I train one of my guys here, and I tell ya what, there is nothing like a nice cheap gym for your new fighters. $50 bucks a week means about 200 bucks before you are out and onto training your skills

and it kills the stupid Cozad, which is always dirty with shitty equipment

• 4 weeks later...

The DCC shirts are now available at 5th Round.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/products/1259886993DragonCage.jpg

Head over to the store (5th Round link) to get yours now!

Gym members please check your in game email for more information.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...