Highland - Official Thread

clydebankblitz

HIGHLAND 17
A Review by Tycoon Hec

Highland 17 was such a massive success for fight fans who tuned in to watch! With several fights not going the distance, five of which were first round knockouts and two submission victories that definitely had the crowd roaring. Over nine hundred and fifty people attended Highland 17 and the event was nearly rated at 80. The fighters came to perform and perform they did. Noel Diaz took home both the Fight of the Night and Submission of the Night awards while a debut from the light heavyweight phenom, Franko Getaldic took the knockout of the night award with a stunning first round knockout. Any other light heavyweights out there, this guy is a problem. I do not normally provide reviews for promotions but this card was just so amazing. So, If you're interested in getting a quick summary of the fights that took place this Easter evening, take a look below! 

Jobber Joe vs Noel Diaz
For the Bantamweight Championship 

These two undefeated warriors went at it for the Bantamweight Championship. This fight took home the Fight of the Night award and Diaz took home the submission of the night award. Well deserved for sure. Diaz attempted over seventeen clinches really trying to get the fight to the ground as Jobber Joe desperately worked to keep the fight standing. Jobber Joe threw over what seemed to be countless punches yet only seeming to land around 30 of them. One thing we can say about the striking defense of Diaz is that this guy can take a punch. Joe who put away his last three opponents via knockout but just could not pull off the knockout finish tonight against Diaz. The entire game plan for Diaz revolved around getting Jobber to the ground and he did that at the very late stage of the first round. We did not get to see any real work on the ground at that point. The second round began, Diaz clinched up and pulled guard masterfully. Once he pulled Joe in he cinched up his neck and provided the fans with a beautifully demonstrated guillotine. Joe had no choice but to tap to such a ruthless guillotine. Diaz was crowned Highlands first ever Bantamweight Champion and bragged himself up a bit. 

Highland 17 Takeaways: Jobber Joe can not get too hard on himself. There are a few key areas he needs to focus on, His striking accuracy. his submission defense, and his takedown defense. I imagine within two fights we will see Joe back in the cage challenging Diaz for the title. Another Major takeaway is Diaz is an absolute menace on the ground. Do not, I repeat, do not allow your fighter on the floor with that guy. Diaz is not left without his own imperfections, his lack of striking defense could eventually see him going to the ground alone. Diaz had publicly called out Harry Henderson prior to him winning the title. Henderson, who recently won his fight at Highland 12 was submitted by Millard Masters who did win his fight this evening. 

Island Guy vs Kristoffer Wexell

There really is not a ton to say about this fight except that this was the only fight I wrongly predicted. Kristoffer Wexell went in with a game plan that looked to bring his opponent to the mat. Shortly after one takedown attempt, Island Guy split open Wexells eye with a clean jab. The takedown was Wexells only offensive move in the fight but it wasn't even a real attempt as much as he was trying to get Guy to drop his guard, and eventually knocked out but the Islands very own, Island Guy. The North Koreans last outing was against the now Middleweight champion Mckay and is looking to get back to business after getting in the W column.

Highland 17 Takeaways: Wexell needs to work his striking defense, period. He needs to take a little time away from the sport and work that defense. This is his second knockout loss in a row and unless he changes something soon, we can see this guy enter retirement before he hits 26. Island Guy who had no words for the fans after the knockout went straight back to the locker room. We are expecting Island Guy will want to match up soon as he wasn't even touched in this fight. We are told a fight is already under offer and can assume it is with Dalton Dekker, a fearsome knockout artist in his own right. Only time will tell and this middleweight division is heating up!

Ron Johnson vs Sahara Sam

With a 72% fight rating Sahara Sam and Ron Johnson took to finishing the other with aggression. Sam mainly focused on throwing punches in bunches which were largely telegraphed by Johnson. Johnsons elusiveness saw him avoid a majority of Sams striking while landing a majority of his own, especially in the clinch. Johnson, who had no real reason to fear the striking power of Sam, chose to engage in the clinch game landing a 100 strikes. These clinch strikes consisted of punches and elbows. When the fight was not in the clinch, Johnson landed roughly half of his strikes proving that he was a very good striker. Ron Johnson ran away with this fight leaving Sahara Sam struggling way more than expected. 

Highland 17 Takeaways: Sahara Sam needs to make a clear focus on his striking defense and choosing to be less intent on counter strikes. His agility training will certainly go along way in that and if he continues to train at Cozad we can see he will not gain a ton of new skills and traits for his arsenal. Ron Johnson should feel as though he is on top of the world right now giving his fans a wonderful dominant performance. Ron too has a fight under offer and he can be sure that his opponent will have seen how good his Clinchwork game is but noticed how he did not exactly land all of his strikes from distance. The more Johnson develops his striking game the more we can expect this young star to rise to the top. 

Millard Masters vs Apollo Turner

The pure grappler Millard Masters secured his third victory in a row when he submitted Apollo Tuner in the first round via kimura. Thankfully he did not actually break the arm but it certainly looked like it was going that way. Once the Kimura was locked in we could hear Tuners corner screaming from the distance to tap. Apollo who was coming off a wonderful knockout victory thought he would be able to finish his opponent in Masters who is really not that known for his striking but definitely looks awkward when he throws any sort of strike. Masters who received a few punches from Turner did not seem to phased by them but obviously did not want to continue receiving them. Masters pulled that kimura out on his third attempt and is already being offered a new fight. Hopefully it is with the newly crowned Noel Diaz.

Highland 17 Takeaways: Masters has an incredible ground game, one that will surely freak any fighter out. His ability to get the fight to the ground is next to none. The biggest thing Masters will worry about is facing one of those guys who can sprawl and brawl. Hopefully he is dedicating serious time on working his striking defense for the future, I do have my doubts as he is still training at Cozad. Apollo has not really had the greatest of luck in his last few fights. The young gun is talented and there is no denying it. Rampage looks to try to be good in so many areas that he fails to be excellent in one area. Especially early on in the fighting career fighters should focus on their strengths not their averages. I would love to see Apollo tune up his weakness in the gym but really hammer in on those strengths he knows he has when fight time comes. 

Jorge Assvidal vs Bryan de Paula

One of the most exciting finishes of the night came when Jorge Assvidal landed some of the most hellacious shots on his opponent Bryan de Paula. Bryan who was hoping to gain a submission victory over his opponent failed pretty quickly when Jorge pummeled him with strikes. Here is a crazy stat for everyone, Assvidal landed every single strike he threw against Bryan de Paula...Every. Single. Strike. If you do not know who Jorge is yet you will eventually. Ibrahim Camara, arguably the best manager in the game was seen completely unsurprised after Assvidal pulled off the deadly victory. Bryan De Paulas manager and him parted ways shortly after the fight. 

Highland 17 Takeaways: Jorge is a threat. A dominant fearsome monster that should not be taken lightly. No fight is currently being offered to the lightweight contender but my guess is this guy will be training tomorrow morning with his gym mates at Smash. Whatever this guy is doing is working and honestly I really can not wait to see this guy in the cage again! 

FIGHT SPOTLIGHT: Franko Getaldic (1-0)

Franko stunned the audience with his knockout victory over his opponent Buddy Barnett. The twenty five year old light heavyweight fighter from Croatia who trains out of The Island Gym fought his teammate who is also a fearsome striker in his own right but put him to sleep quickly. Potential match-ups look a bit bleak for Franko right now so I imagine this guy is going to get back to the gym and continue to focus on whatever he has been doing there. Definitely looking forward to seeing this guy in action again!

FIGHT SPOTLIGHT: Dalton Dekker (2-1)

Dalton Dekker returned to the win column after a dominant victory tonight. He returned to top form stopping his opponent in the very first round. Dalton is climbing the ladder again and looking to get back in the limelight. With his ferocious power this guy could be a problem for anyone who wants to step in the cage with this dangerous middleweight. 

FIGHT SPOTLIGHT: Maro Pjetlic (1-0)

Tonight Highland fans witnessed the debut of a heavyweight destroyer in Maro Pjetlic. The six foot four wrecking ball utilized the clinch game to his benefit landing all fifty strikes he threw against his opponent and eventually knocking him out. Rumors are that Rashid Elkhan has been offered to be Maros next opponent and that would be an absolute thriller of a match up as both guys are great strikers.

Thank you Highland 17 Fighters and Managers for some serious entertainment on this beautiful Easter Sunday. Thankyou Callum Mcgregor for putting on such a good show. Hope to see you guys at the next one!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 7

Tycoon Hec is banging out some of the best articles the site currently has. Arcalimon The Coach has a Highland champion in 2021. Everything is going pretty damn good right now haha.

For anyone who doesn't know, Colossus mostly merged into Highland. One of their champions went to IXF, but actually did so because he accepted the first offer thinking it was from me. Unfortunate loss but we'll live with it. We're going to merge the Colossus championships with the Highland ones.

We've also moved to 4 events a week as of today, so although we'll have a small choke point in the first week or so, we'll be getting guys in action every 2 weeks roughly from now on.

By the end of April, I see us interchanging into #1 on The Island every week and by the end of May, we'll have the top spot until the end. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Interview with 185lbs Champion "Irish" Cathair McKay

Ladies and Gentleman thankyou for joining us for one of our many upcoming interviews for Highland Fighters. In this installment we take a look at one of my personal favorite fighters "Irish" Cathair McKay managed by the  talented Optimal MMA Picks. As you read through this interview, you will notice certain things are underlined. To help you gain a quick reference on what we are talking about click on the underline link which will take you to the Tycoon page of that being referenced. We hope you enjoy this interview and look forward to providing many more! 

Fighter Background: Irish McKay is predominately a striker knocking out three of his four opponents. The 25 year old McKay now trains out of the Walter J Abramowitz Center for Bigness which currently houses 78 fighters and 5 champions total. McKay is sponsored by Beachside Supplements and Church of Zoidberg Warehouse. He is currently ranked number 7 on the Islands P4P list and 3rd for the Islands Middleweight Division. 

Q: McKay, talk with us. What is it like just being crowned the first Middleweight champion of Highland?
A: It's Mmkay. This is the start of a long season. We are just getting started and I plan on retaining the belt for the duration, so line'em up baby.

Q: Definitely look forward to you getting back in the Cage after your last fight for the belt. The fight for the title you moved in against the Pirate Markelic. That fight was pretty aggressive earning both of you cuts in the first round. Besides the title, was there anything else you took away from the fight?
A: I took away the fact that Markelic is the nicest MFer in the game from his post fight comments, he is Highland's very own version of Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson. I almost feel bad for whooping his ass but let's run that back at some point this season as he's a worthy contender.

Q: Markelic was certainly the favorite going into that fight riding a three fight win streak with all three wins coming by first round finishes. Were you nervous about this or was it just another fight for you?
A: He was the favorite? Really bruh? I need to start getting some money down on my own fights. But yeah I was crapping my jocks backstage before the fight, I damn near followed through once I saw him drop unconscious on the canvas

Q: I think a lot of people were curious about you moving up in weight and taking on a warrior like Markelic away, but you definitely put those questions to rest. You started your career at 170 and found yourself moving up to 185. What was the reason for that change?
A: These weight cuts are brutal. I couldn't even have any of my granny's Irish stew in the leadup to the fights so I had to move up to 185. Potatooo!!!

Q: I would love to try some of that stew. I know you just said the weight cuts are brutal but could you see yourself ever going back to the Welterweight division, attempting to capture the gold there?
A: If the right opponents were presented I'd go back down to clear out that division later in the season. Highland's two weight world champion, let's make that happen.

Q: That would be amazing! Before we get that far we should say you have a long road ahead in the middleweight world. The 185 fighters are all fighting for recognition right now. There are two fighters in particular who your fans have been dying to see you compete against: the submission expert Lucas Barbosa and teammate of yours in Lucas Kuas. Who do you feel you match up well against and who would you prefer to fight?
A: I'd go through them both on the same night, wearing a 50lb weighted vest with me feet tied together. Are there any worthy contenders around? In fact, if any of them two fighters managed to take the belt off of me I'll send you $1m tycoon dollars, and you can quote me on that!

Q: I would hate to take any money if you lost so no deal for me. I would feel to bad. Regardless of who your next opponent is, what can fight fans expect from you when you return?
A: They can expect to see my opponent evacuated off the island via emergency helicopter, and to see me big Irish balls pop out during a wrestling scramble

Q: I am sure there are numerous women who are probably blushing at your last line there. We have to let you go now and get back to training but before we do, it is clear that you are a massive fan favorite and we know you love the fans. We just want to thank you for the time to be with us today and go ahead and give your fans a little shout out before you head off!
A: Cheers to the fans for the love, and for the hate. A special thanks to my sponsors for sorting me out with some totally legal supplements to aid my performance so far.

Ladies and Gentleman The Middleweight Champion of Highland the great "Irish" Cathair McKay. Again we hope you enjoyed this interview. If you would like to see your fighter interviewed in the near future please do not hesitate to reach out to Tycoon Hec. As always, thank you so much to Callum Mcgregor and thanks to Optimal MMA Picks for helping me get this interview out to the fans. Expect another interview by another champion very soon! 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

Interview with 155lbs Champion Kranckx Diesel

Ladies and Gentleman thankyou for joining us for our second of many upcoming interviews for Highland Fighters. In this installment we connect with the lightweight champion and absolute beast Kranckx Diesel managed by a strategy master in Chor Thanasukarn as you read through this interview, you will notice certain things are underlined. To help you gain a quick reference on what we are talking about click on the underline link which will take you to the Tycoon page of that being referenced. Since the timing of this interview Rav Kaupur no longer holds a title with the Colossus MMA going under. He still trains at Walter J Abramowitz gym. Additionally, Diesel has a fight booked on April 16th against Johnny Tanner! We hope you enjoy this interview and look forward to providing many more! 

Fighter Background:  Kranckx Diesel is a 25 year old knockout artist who hails from Bitter Pits. A lovely place I am sure. Diesel currently trains out of the Walter J Abramowitz Center for Bigness which currently houses 77 fighters and 4 champions total. He is sponsored by Church of Zoidberg Warehouse. He is currently ranked number 11 on the Islands P4P list and 2nd for the Islands lightweight Division. 

Q: Diesel, you are sitting at the top of the lightweight division with three wins all by technical knockout and with the lightweight belt wrapped around your waist! How are you feeling? 
A: I don't feel anything. My mom actually thinks I'm a sociopath.   

Q: That is exactly what my wife told me last week. Kindred spirits we must be. Now you actually train at Walter J Abramowitz, alongside multiple champions including the former Heavyweight Champion Rav Kapur, how has that experience shaped you for your fights at Highland? 
ARav is one of those boys that is into rolling around on the floor with other dudes. Grappling and stuff, it's just not my thing. 

Q: I do not blame you, those smells can be something else. One of your more recent opponents loved to grapple, Lets just do a quick backtrack on one of the fight with Cervantes, he pulled off several tight submission attempts on you. I think leading up to the fight, many would have thought a purple belt would have had no trouble dismantling a White Belt. Just how good is your ground game?  
A: My ground game is great. I punch my opponents in the face and they fall to the ground. But don't be fooled by the white belt folks. If it ever happens, the first one to get me to the ground will find out the hard way.   

Q:  I really cant wait to see how that will unfold. So eventually you caught Cervantes with a beautiful hook putting him out before the referee stepped in. Did you see that hook earlier or was it your coaches who informed you that he had a tendency to drop his hands? 
A: Cervantes had the balls to step into the octagon with me. I respect that. He knew he'd be lucky to survive. I'm basically a machine. I don't plan much. There's no strategy behind the destruction of my opponents. My coaches stopped coaching me because there's no need, and I wouldn't listen anyway.  

Q:  Well, many people do believe MMA is an individual sport. Anyway, It has a few days since your last fight. It appears to the fans you like to fight every two weeks or would you like to wait a little longer until an opponent presents themselves?
A: Some of my great Muay Thai predecessors, Ramon Dekkers and Rob Kamman, sometimes fought as much as twice in a single week against opponents that were as tough as nails. I told McGregor I'll fight anybody that has the balls, and at any time Highland wants me to. 

Q: Looking at top contenders for your title who would you consider the most deserving and why?  
A:I think Tanner or Green, just looking at their record. Tanner is an 18 year old kicking the shit out of 25 year olds. But again, anyone Callum sends me is fine with me. 

Q: I am getting word that Tanner may be the one who accepts the fight with you for the 16th of April. Being that you are a larger lightweight, could you see yourself eventually jumping up to the Welterweight division and taking on the one day champion there? 
A: You're not fat shaming me, are you now? .... But to answer your question, yes. If they allow me I could hold both belts simultaneously. 

Q: I definitely did not mean to fat shame... Or you're joking. Ha! Okay so you seem to be enjoying Highland go ahead and share with us a little about your experience at Highland. 
A: Highland has been great to me. First thing that happened was that McGreror was not pleased with the fighters performance in general and he immediately cut the salaries of all fighters. My manager Dieselnoi had to sort that shit out, which rumour has it, involved some knee techniques. We always get paid. Other than that Highland has been a lot of fun. Callum has great plans for this org so I'd advise anybody that gets an offer to just sign on the dotted line. 

Q: Well I really hope to see you at the top for a long time. We have to let you go but knowing that you are a fighters fighter at Highland and we know that you are a lover of your fans. Lets go ahead and end on a high note. What message do you have for your fans! 
A: Thanks for your support mom and dad! See you back soon at the trailer park.  

If you would like to see your fighter interviewed in the near future please do not hesitate to reach out to Tycoon Hec. As always, thank you so much to Callum Mcgregor and thanks to Chor for helping me get this interview out to the fans. Expect another interview by another champion very soon! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

14304884351148.jpg

Billy Crawley

Meet Billy Crawley, the light heavyweight Belgian brute is a star on the rise. Part of one of the elite organizations on the island, it would be easy for Billy Crawley to get lost in the shuffle. But Highland is more than just a gathering of the best fighters on the island, it’s an organization founded with the intention of giving everyone involved the best possible experience the island has to offer. That’s part of the reason why so many elite fighters on the island flock together under the Highland banner.

Chapter 1 - Bobby Cruz

Billy Crawley made his MMA debut against fellow debutant "The Island Freak" Bobby Cruz. Crawley wasted no time setting the pace. Bobby Cruz quickly showed off his toughness, eating destructive punches for breakfast. Bobby Cruz started squirting blood like he was shooting a horror movie but he made it look like he was actually filming a remake for Monty Python, convincing the referee and the cut man that it was nothing but a flesh wound. Eventually the chin of Bobby Cruz survived and left fans all over the world doubting whether or not Billy Crawley actually possessed a finishing punch.

Chapter 2 - Mister Winky

Billy Crawley needed to prove to the fans that he did have the killer instinct he seemed to lack in his first fight. Mister "Handsy" Winky on the other hand saw a tree that he needed to fell. Mister Winky threw leg kicks by the dozen, hoping to chop down Crawley’s legs right out from under him but Billy Crawley just kept on throwing punches in bunches like he was playing his number one song and it was stuck in repeat. Mister Winky survived until finally his chin gave out, getting dropped with a wicked straight left in the third and final round. The follow-up pummeling shots had the referee racing to end the fight and save Mister Winky from sustaining any permanent damage.

Chapter 3 - Grande Finale

While the Mister Winky fight definitely put Billy Crawley on the map, he still needed a dominant performance to solidify his place on top of the food chain in Highland’s shark-infested waters. In comes Grande Finale, a brawler with a fearful set of ground skills. His mission was clear from the get-go: take the fight to the ground. However, it was not meant to be. Billy Crawley dropped bombs with pinpoint accuracy, finishing Grande Finale in under a minute in the very first round.

Billy Crawley is now 3-0, can he make it to 4-0 or will Billy Crawley meet his superior in his next fight? Will Crawley be able to defend his place and remain at the top of the food chain or become someone else’s next meal? Find out at Highland 22, this is an event you don’t want to miss!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Arcalimon said:

I got 25 of these bad boys between 2014-2016, plus a shiny new 1 in 2021!

So many memories : D 

All those Belts between us, and we've only fought for 1 of them Lol. 

10 hours ago, clydebankblitz said:

Do you guys want me to keep the old one? I have a request in to overhaul all our graphics but if the nostalgia is hitting....haha

It doesn't make much difference.  A new an improved version would be cool too.  

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, skull said:

1602249914me.jpg

POWER SHARK (996-527-24)

I need a belt cabinet just for these bad boys! #20 

2021021513041420140926172750titlebelt.pn2021021513041420140926172750titlebelt.pn2021021513041420140926172750titlebelt.pn2021021513041420140926172750titlebelt.pn2021021513041420140926172750titlebelt.pn2021021513041420140926172750titlebelt.pn2021021513041420140926172750titlebelt.pn2021021513041420140926172750titlebelt.pn2021021513041420140926172750titlebelt.pn2021021513041420140926172750titlebelt.pn2021021513041420140926172750titlebelt.pn2021021513041420140926172750titlebelt.pn2021021513041420140926172750titlebelt.pn2021021513041420140926172750titlebelt.pn2021021513041420140926172750titlebelt.pn2021021513041420140926172750titlebelt.pn2021021513041420140926172750titlebelt.pn2021021513041420140926172750titlebelt.pn2021021513041420140926172750titlebelt.pn2021021513041420140926172750titlebelt.pn

20 hours ago, Arcalimon said:

I got 25 of these bad boys between 2014-2016, plus a shiny new 1 in 2021!

So many memories : D 

Do you think you guys have the most? I tried to get Ivan back for this season too but unfortunately he went MIA before the season started. You two, Ivan, Frank Cross (Barney Gumble) and Tricky Smith (I think? Serge Ibaka anyways) are the only ones in that bracket off the top for most title wins, but none of the other 3 had the quantity of champions as you two so you're probably in front.