Colossus MMA THE ISLAND RETURN - Official Smack Talk Thread

Dillooo

Eddie Favreau: So I just got offered a second fight. I guess we will see if this guy takes it. Trevor Phillips dodging the young cats on the island. Just starting out in this business as I'm 18 and this 25 year old dodging me because he needs time to train? Be a man and sack up Trevor Phillips. You can't dodge me forever. Win or lose my next fight Colossus let's run it and see if he signs on the line next time.

• Upvote 4

17 hours ago, pauldengel said:

Ikkitakeda looks like your fella has a good fight lined up at least the manager has a solid stable so Favreau should have a good scrap.

Well I would hope the stat advantage I'm giving up would help make it a good fight. Though mixed feelings I love reading the fights of my guys and it's full of action on both sides. Being a really good match, but nothing wrong with some domination either. Lol. Either way win, lose, or draw just happy someone signed on the line.

On 2/15/2021 at 4:10 PM, Ikkitakeda said:

Eddie Favreau: So I just got offered a second fight. I guess we will see if this guy takes it. Trevor Phillips dodging the young cats on the island. Just starting out in this business as I'm 18 and this 25 year old dodging me because he needs time to train? Be a man and sack up Trevor Phillips. You can't dodge me forever. Win or lose my next fight Colossus let's run it and see if he signs on the line next time.

CALVAIRE ! 

CRISSE LUI UNE OSTIE DE VOLE ! 

CoMMA 1: Blyat vs Jesus

February 26th, 2021

Colossus MMA is back! And we have an event packed full of prospects for our inaugural Island card! And in the Main Event and Co-Main we have Light Heavyweight monsters going head to head for the winners to get a chance to possibly fight for Colossus gold!

Colossus MMA is partnered with Lucky Liam’s Irish Pub. Be sure to try out Lucky Liam’s Special Brew for that special kick to your cardio!

Main Card Bout 1: Eddie Favreau (0-0) vs Otta Koppia (0-0) Middleweight

Opening up the main card we have a Middleweight bout between two young prospects. This fight has a bit of backstory for one side as well, this was originally supposed to be a bout between Favreau and fellow Middleweight Trevor Phillips however Phillips turned the bout down citing Cardio issues oddly enough. Favreau was upset to hear this reasoning considering Favreau is a young 18 year old with little training experience compared to the 25 year old. Thankfully Koppia accepted the fight offer and now we have our selves a scrap as Koppia and his Manager are no slouches to count out. Favreau is looking to use his nearly Olympic calibre wrestling to control the fight on the ground for the three rounds. Whether he can finish the fight on the ground is another thing, but surely Favreau and Ikki Takeda have some surprises up their sleeves for this bout.

Otta Koppia has some age on his young foe, and some training experience, recently showing in training footage that his boxing has been improving exponentially heading into this bout. Koppia has incredible wrestling as well and is looking to make this a chore for the young 18 year old, however it all depends on Koppia’s takedown defense. Koppia would possibly love to keep the fight standing and utilize that new found boxing skill to his advantage to keep Favreau from coming in for those takedowns. Both guys are good ground fighters however Koppia has the stand up advantage so unless Favreau can hold Koppia down, this could be a rough night for the 18 year old.

Main Card Bout 2: Rav Kapur (0-0) vs Lee Tassen (0-0) Heavyweight

Next up is a big boy bout between Heavyweights! Two 25 year olds and a classic match up between boxer versus wrestler! Rav Kapur from England is an incredible ground fighter with Olympic style wrestling and a blue belt in BJJ to match it. The clear path to victory here is that Kapur wants to take Tassen down and use the blue belt to the best of his abilities. Tassen has the skill to keep this fight on the feet but once it gets to the ground Kapur may have the advantage with heavy ground strikes and tight submissions and getting back to the feet might prove an issue for Tassen.

Lee Tassen on the otherhand is a Boxer from the United States with a secondary background in wrestling. Primarily a stand up fighter however Tassen looks to use his wrestling background NOT to go to the ground but to avoid being on his back on that canvas. Tassen’s plan is as clear cut as Kapur’s and that is: keep the fight standing and use that size disadvantage to close the pocket and keep Kapur from landing those takedowns.

Main Card Bout 3: Douche Canoe (0-0) vs Matthew Dew (0-0) Middleweight

Next up on the Main Card is the featured bout before our main events. Another Middleweight scrap between Grappler and wrestler! First up is Norwegian BJJ ace Douche Canoe. The Oslo native has a brown belt in BJJ that comes packaged with some slick submissions. To back him up is an extensive background in wrestling that dates back to his high school years which will surely help him take the fight to the ground and keep it there to get his finish.

However Matthew Dew is no slouch on the ground with an almost Olympic level wrestling background and a deadly stand up to match, he surely won’t make it easy for Canoe to get it to the ground with that background, and despite lacking a tiny bit of reach could use his stand up to keep Douche Canoe at bay and keep this fight standing. Whoever can implement the best gameplan takes this bout, and whoever can get ahead in their gameplan first takes this bout.

Co-Main Event: Diamond Hand (0-0) vs Phuck Yermutha (0-0) Light Heavyweight

First of our two Main Events! And the first bout of our mini 4 man tournament!

This bout is yet another Grappler versus Wrestler with a bit of a stand up advantage. First up is our wrestler Diamond Hand and his name contrary to popular believe didn’t come from the recent stock craze, that’s where the nickname GME came from. This man has an extensive wrestling background but recently has abandoned that training to sharpen his boxing skills. In recent footage showing how crisp and respectable his stand up has become. The stand up could be a problem for his opponent but what would interest MMA fans everywhere is just how good is he on the ground since abandoning the wrestling training, especially against a brown belt.

Phuck Yermutha is an experienced grappler with plenty of years in BJJ and a brown belt and championships to his name to prove his calibre. This man is managed by one of the greatest Managers to do it right now, Blake Phoenix. He’s also well known for training great grapplers so with that mans guidance this could be a tough night for Hand and the FinnFighters camp. How will Yermutha’s chin hold up? That’s the biggest factor in this fight.

Main Event: Cyka Blyat (0-0) vs Space Jesus (0-0)

Light Heavyweight

Finally! The Main Event of the evening! And the final bout of tonight's mini 4 man tournament at 205!

We have a Wrestler versus Grappler bout once again! This time just pure grappling between the two camps, and when that happens we usually see both guys too scared to go to the ground with each other, leading to a sloppy stand up war! I wonder if we’ll get that.

Cyka Blyat, a decorated Russian wrestler with a purple belt in BJJ is looking to further his status of becoming the inaugural CoMMA light heavyweight champion but first the wrestler needs to see if his dominating ground and pound and keep you there style will work on the grappler of incredible calibre. That being said once you’re on the ground with Blyat, training partners have compared it to wrestling a fully grown Grizzly Bear.

But standing across from Cyka Blyat is decorated brown belt in BJJ, Space Jesus, and even through the Russian can dominate on the ground, Space Jesus is just as scary off his back so Blyat needs to be careful when on the ground with Jesus. Leave a neck open, over extend an arm during a scramble, or allow your leg to get caught and it’s all over as Jesus has shown in BJJ championships that his submissions are scary to get into and one little mistake transitioning could cause you the whole bout.

That being said both guys could be well aware of each others skill on the ground and respect each other too much, which could lead to a fun striking battle. We’ll see how this one goes! Regardless winner of this bout goes on to face the Co-Main winner for the CoMMA 205 belt!

Undercard Bouts:

Bull Bald (0-0) vs James Rodgers (0-0) 265lbs

Clint Bishop (0-0) vs Odd Job (0-0) 155lbs

Dimitry Badaz (0-0) vs Pedro Phillips (0-0) 145lbs

Rodrigo Noriega (0-0) vs Calvin Shields (0-0) 145lbs

Big Daddy Johnson (0-0) vs Jinhai Masuke (0-0) 265lbs

• Upvote 1

MMA ISLAND GAZETTE:

Sanka Coffee: Hey mahn, feel the rhythm, feel the rhyme, get on up it's MMA time! I sat down today with Eddie Favreau who has a match on da island with Ottaa Koppia. For those of you who don't know I use to fight many years ago and landed a job as a seasonal writer on da island. Anyways Favreau what do you think of your opponent Koppia?

Eddie Favreau: I think Koppia is a good fighter, and brave. He's taking this fight on short notice after another fight I was suppose to have with Trevor Phillips pulled out. Wasn't very happy about it and still not. As long as he stays on the island this aint over. Back to Koppia though I've done my homework and checked up on him and the guy can throw. Those hands can fly. I think he has the hand speed of a welterweight and anyone in the wrestling game knows he's strong and has heard of the guy in that regards.

Sanka Coffee: So how do you see the fight going between you two?

Eddie Favreau: Hey don't take any of those nice things I said about him to mean anything about me not winning. I respect him but I'm young and hungry. As far as how I see it going if he wants to stand and throw we can throw. If he wants to wrestle we can wrestle. We can do this wherever he wants to. Just let me know.

Sanka Coffee: Obviously you aren't lacking confidence. What do you think you bring to the table and where do you see yourself by the end of the season?

Eddie Favreau: If you don't believe in yourself and you are doing this you picked the wrong sport. Oh I love this two parter Sanka. What I bring is I'm a native to the island. So I grew up fighting. I was a big time outcast because I have a weird style. Being local I'm bringing people to the seats any arena I go to. As far as where I see myself, man by the end of the island one of the 185ers out there. I'm young and I'm sure I'm going to take my hits and bruises along the way but I'm constantly getting better and have a lot of room for growth. I have a weird style and maybe it will already work or maybe it will need tweaked, either way I got time.

Sanka Coffee: I could go all day interviewing a young charismatic guy like you Favreau but I must be going.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Eddie Favreau twitter: Well had my first professional fight on the island tonight. Got a few bumps and bruises but will be ready to get back in there after I get freshened up. He wanted to stand and I made a pledge we could take the fight wherever he wanted. And I got no excuses he was the much better fighter tonight. I only landed two strikes against him one of them cutting him.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

COLOSSUS IS LEAVING THE ISLAND. We are merging with Highland Games and returning to the mainland to return to our 369k ways in Montreal! Whether we sign 369k fighters off the bat is a different topic but we will be welcoming new fighters into the organization with open arms, and may be kicking off each division with a 4 man title tournament. We're back in Canada baby! Oh fucking Canada!

1 hour ago, Monsieur.Camara said:

that's too bad man :( 

I liked having 3 orgs since Mike gave everyone double Island slots and managers are still creating fighters

An Island org with 300+ fighters sounds like a logistic nightmare but I guess we shall see, good luck

I dunno if it's just me but I don't actually find it difficult. Most of the managers already have their next 5 fights laid out for them haha. 

And yeah I liked having a third option. Dilo and Power Shank will tell yous that I was in their mail constantly trying to keep shit going haha. Just not always to be. Island has weird rules compared to everywhere else and its not easy to kill it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, clydebankblitz said:

I dunno if it's just me but I don't actually find it difficult. Most of the managers already have their next 5 fights laid out for them haha. 

And yeah I liked having a third option. Dilo and Power Shank will tell yous that I was in their mail constantly trying to keep shit going haha. Just not always to be. Island has weird rules compared to everywhere else and its not easy to kill it.

definitely not easy. Only time I had an easy time was last time during season 10 and that was because I was the only Org on the Island lmao