Catch Wrestling Championship

chuckw94

Welcome to MMATYCOON'S PREMIER Grappling ONLY Organization.

- Grappling (as opposed to MMA or KT) does not cause energy loss after a fight.

- CWC is Grappling only (we do not host any other kind of events).

- CWC only hosts events on Sunday after the PM training session. This means your fighter will always compete at 100% energy (if you are training optimally that is) & they will never have to miss a single training session to compete.

- Losses in Grappling do not cause injuries or morale loss but does affect popularity. That being said if you win, it increases your popularity & Grappling hype.

- Competing in CWC for sparbots is perfect as it won't affect their training/sparring regimen. Also, it will reset their de-pop timer.

- Grappling has no affect on manager ranking

- TWGC, QFC, & co-MMA/KT contracts are all allowed upon request

- All divisions are Open ID. It should go without saying that you will be expected to go against anyone in your division. Matchups are based on win streaks (within the org) NOT grappling hype or skill. Cherry picking fights will not be tolerated & will result in your fighter being released & you being permanently banned from the org.

- In reference to the aforementioned matchmaking, fights are booked according to different categories: 1 W streak v 1 W streak, 2 W streak v 2 W streak, 3 W streak v champion, or if both fighters last match was an L (no matter how long of a streak it is). If a fighter hasn't had a fight within the org I put them up against someone whose last fight was an L. Only fights within the org are considered. If your fighter left the org for a significant time & is returning & was previously on a win streak, I will find an appropriate opponent for them at my discretion.

- Hall of Fame induction for fighters who achieve 5 title wins within the org

- Hall of Fame induction for managers who have 5 different fighters win titles within the org

For Contract contact

Chuckw94 (4966)

Judo Beau (87295)

• Upvote 5

INTRO: Ladies and gentleman, this is an interview with the new Catchweight Wrestling Championship owners, Judo Joker and Chuckw94! Both of these men are experienced managers in MMA Tycoon and look forward to making an absolute statement as the new owners of CWC! As a heads up for anyone who may be trying to understand the little system implemented, H stands for the interviewer, J is for Judo Joker, and C is for ChuckW94. 

H: Guys, I am super honored to be sitting here with you today. The news is out, you just took over the CWC, how are you guys feeling? 

J: Chuck I'll let you go first.

C Mr. Hec thanks for sitting down with us on this historic day.  Yeah I've been after this org for a long time and FINALLY we have it, very exciting times ahead. 

J: First of all thanks again Hec for sitting down with us. I'd also like to thank John Daugherty and Buff Minion for all the work they've done to get CWC where it is now. I'm a lot less experienced than a lot of the other org owners, but I've been putting a lot of effort into improving my game recently and trying to climb the ranks. I've been wanting to be a part of running an org for a bit now. Like Chuck, I have a lot of love for grappling, and what better person to go into the org running business than him! So I'm super excited! 

H: Yeah, I mean you kind of read my mind there Judo, this is a really interesting combination. Chuck, who was the former owner of Synchronicity and you have never ran an org. How did this partnership actually come about and what do the two of you hope will come from it? 

J: So Chuck and I both have studs in CWC that we're very proud of. Running a grappling org has been a dream of Chuck's for a while now, and I've wanted to get some experience running an org myself. When Chuck was trying to get his own grappling org up and running, I asked him to be a part of it so I could get experience from him. Then sure enough, we got the opportunity to buy CWC and we jumped on it. It's pretty awesome to become co-owner of the premier grappling org in MMATycoon, but it is daunting going from co-owning a startup to suddenly co-owning an MMATycoon staple all of a sudden.

H: Yeah, I can't imagine there are many people better to work alongside than Chuck. And man I can not wait to ask about Dragan Hozdic, but right now, Chuck, I imagine a lot of new managers are probably a bit nervous of the takeover. What message do you have for them as the former SYN org owner and how can you help them see what you and Judo have in store is only going to benefit them? 

C My message to the guys is that nothing will change, we have huge plans and the only bad thing I can think of is them finding places to spend all the money we're about to pay them.

J: I'll just add, Chuck and I both have fighters who are either making names for themselves in CWC or are already at the top. We love CWC, we don't want to do anything that will change its DNA.

H: I am confident the people will love to hear that. I believe your first real card that you guys will put together will be 208. Do you have anything that you guys would like to share with us on that, location, title fights, or even a name drop of who may be fighting on that card? 

C We haven't discussed anything on that yet, we may have to add another event on the 6th and 13th just to keep everyone happy and fighting. I would like to do bigger arenas and try a few PPV's out, just to get the guys used to the big show and give grapplers a chance to shine.

H: Judo, Chuck just shared with us some of his goals about the CWC. What dreams do you have for yourself as an org owner and for the company itself? 

J: This is really the perfect org for me to own, because while I love the MMA side of the business, I really love the grappling side of it. Unfortunately, grappling hasn't gotten nearly as much attention and love as MMA or KT has. I'm sure it's often felt like a thankless task for John D and Buff to run this org. While there isn't much we want to change, I do think there are some ways that we could add more interest and excitement to grappling that it now has the resources to do with Chuck at the helm. So my goals are all about doing what's best for CWC and its grapplers.

C I think he said it all right there, we're gonna do our best to get the grapplers some love and recognition they deserve.  

J: And that's a big reason I'm excited about this partnership, me and Chuck have the same vision for CWC and for grappling.

H: So the partnership is solid. We definitely are getting a strong understanding that you guys are going to work well together. You  have champions like Dragan Hozdic, Shane McGowan, and Ibby Ribbler. You also have numerous red belts and TWGC world champions. What of the fighters who are in the org has been the most exciting for you guys? 

C With great managers like Buff, Daugherty, Karter, Doc Dannis, Paul Priest, Rob Roy, Coach Steve, Mr Dave Morrison, and countless others all bringing in beasts how can we really go wrong.. Hozdic was just beaten by Jones in TWGC so that youngster has a great career ahead of him.  I'm really excited with all the HOF grapplers we have mixed in with so much young talent I can't wait to book some of my dream matches.

J: I'm really biased on this one, but I think this is the kind of story that makes CWC so great. One of my favorite fighters that I picked up from free agency is a 28 year old Finn named Reijo Halli. He was once a top prospect over in SFL but started struggling to find his groove in MMA. He was honestly starting to look like a bust. So I moved him over to CWC and he's now on an absolute tear… including a win 31-13 points over the great David Morrison and a submission win over Julio Valeron Huhrera, who has victories over several former CWC champions and even a win over current champion and CWC HoFer Matey Pavlov. He's fighting the winner of Pavlov vs Archer for the title next and he is very confident he can win that belt, and to me, that kind of story is what CWC is all about.

H: So, as we begin to wrap this up, I only have a couple more questions for you guys. With the use of Buzz, the Forums, and Tycoon Times, how do you plan to publicize CWC going forward? 

C I'm still not too familiar with Buzz, or Tycoon Times, but I do plan to use the forums as much as possible to get our guys/brand some exposure.

J: Forums will be huge, and you'll be a big part of that Hec! I'm not too familiar with Tycoon Times, but I do like the potential of using the Times to create hype for big tournaments and our biggest fights.

H: Finally, are there any hopes to bring in younger skilled grapplers or are you two planning to work with a “feeder org”?

J: I personally would love to see more grappling orgs out there. If someone had the will and the resources to create a so called feeder org, we'd definitely be willing to work with them for the good of grappling. Within CWC itself, cross-promotion with current MMA superstars is something we're definitely open to as well. Who wouldn't want to see CWC's grappling elites match up against the best of the best in MMA. Of course, there are a lot of moving parts to make that happen, but it's something we definitely have on our radar.

H: Guys, thank you so much for your time. I am so confident in the two of you and your support of one another and the partnership going forward is going to create massive ways in the martial arts world. I look forward to watching you grow and learn together and create amazing memories and moments in Catchweight Wrestling! Before we leave, is there anything you guys would like to say in closing to the fans, fighters, or managers?

C I'd just like to thank Buff once again for giving us this opportunity and hopefully we keep up his high standards and keep Catch on top. As for the fighters, just be ready for bigger arenas and bigger fights. Thank You for your time Mr. Hec.

J: We've already got big ambitions and big plans that we're hoping to tell you more about soon! Looking forward to having you along for the ride Hec!

Incredible stuff we have heard. Bigger events, Bigger arenas, if orgs are open to it the potential of CROSSOVER matchups. The potential of bringing in newer faces to the competitive grappling scene and so much more. With Chuck and Judo taking over the CWC fans are in for a wild ride. I look forward to this partnership creating and implementing many new ideas. I am Tycoon Hec and I can not wait to watch this ship set sail! 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 5

• 3 weeks later...

Catchweight Wrestling Championship 6/13

Since the takeover of Catchweight Wrestling Championship, Chuck and Judo have been on a tear signing some amazing talent to perform on the CWC cards and want to continue showing the world the best grapplers. Tonight on June 13th CWC fans are in for a real treat as their have been five events booked and some big names and some aggressive talent looking to make a statement in their weight classes. My name is Tycoon Hec and I look forward to being here with you all today for the events that will take place later this evening. We get to see the super star Jay "Dog" Simon make a grappling match up against BJJ Steel and the Middleweight title is on the line. Plus, many other great fights tonight! Here is a short preview of the main events! Lets get into it. 

BJJ Steel vs Jay “Dog” Simon
Middleweight Matchup

sThe Stoner Fight Leagues Lightweight Champion, Jay “Dog” Simon (21-2) makes his Catchweight Wrestling debut as he takes on one of the most dangerous guys on the mat and living grappling legend, Bjj Steel (12-10). MMA fans will be flocking to this one as one of the most exciting martial artists shows his skills in one particular area. Simon is a holder of 14 submission victories in mixed martial arts matchup with a heavy preference of getting an armbar locked on his opponents or getting a tight triangle this guy always looks to finish. When it was first reported that Simon would be making a debut in CWC fight fans had pondered who it may be and after learning that it would be against the red belt Doc Dannis Death Squad BJJ grappler, fans were elated. Buzz saw Steel vs Simon trending world wide in anticipation when the fight was announced. Simon who has finished a few black belts and multiple brown belt fighters knows that he won't be allowed to ground and pound in this matchup and due to that it may not be as easy as many of his fans think. Simon had actually competed in a grappling fight a couple of years ago when he was only 20 years old. Now, 8 years later, after suffering that crushing defeat, the Black Belt in BJJ is ready to make a statement to all the grappling world that he is one of the best on the mat world wide. Doing so against BJJ Steel will be no simple task. Steel is not only the CWC champion but he is also riding on a win streak of five grappling matchups. BJJ Steel shocked the grappling world when he trapped the then champion in a guillotine and forced him to tap out. Despite him not making an official defense of his title, Steel feels that his victory to be over Simon will be a reminder to all the mma fighters hoping to make a transition to CWC that they are on another level on the mat. I had the chance to connect with Doc Dannis, BJJ Steels coach, and he shared with me that when Simon is training to punch someone for five rounds, Steel is busy developing his ground game and when Simon is developing his ground game, Steel is still developing his ground game. The 34 year old LA resident will certainly be having the grappling world root for him as he welcomes one of the best mma fighters to the mats. 

Prediction: BJJ Steel will tap out Simon  

Shane McGowan vs Raul Gracie 
Middleweight Championship

Raul Gracie (10-5) plans to shock the world as he looks to snatch the belt from arguably the best grappler in the game today in “The Pogue” Shane McGowan (28-4). ShaneMcGowan is a name every catchweight enthusiast is familiar with. He is a holder of both the Middleweight CWC title and the TWGC Champion. Formerly a welterweight who made the transition to the Middleweight division where he saw much success, he is now riding a fourteen fight win streak and fully expects to make that fifteen when he dismantles Raul Gracie. Gracie, who is himself a living highlight reel, is a fourth generation red belt in Gracie Jiu Jitsu. If we know one thing about Gracie Jiu Jitsu is that it is always offensive so we can expect that Gracie will be coming in with a steady amount of aggression looking to capture the gold. McGowan who is considerably more experienced, at least in terms of competing in grappling, has been looking much stronger as he has clearly been hitting the weights to focus on his strength. The fight will really come down to both control and transitions. I think most people know that we won't be seeing a finish in this one as much as a long drawn out matchup that will see both fighters fighting for control. What I think CWC fans will be eager to see is who gets that first takedown and can they control long enough to see the victory go their way. I can see Gracie looking to get a trip takedown and landing inside control while attempting to move to mount and block many transitions. McGowan who has been taken down before has beautiful sweeps and I would not be surprised if he was able to sweep Gracie at any point and retake control of the matchup and show the world why is one of the best in the game. 

Prediction: Shane McGowan runs away with this one after scoring a streak of points against his opponent.

Ty vs Turturo
Middleweight Matchup 

Claudio Ty (24-5) fan favorite beloved by fans in grappling. Formerly ranked as number one at welterweight and reached number 2 as a middleweight, Ty is legitimately one dangerous grappler. An exciting matchup he has against with Billy "The Viper" Turturro (4-3) who is relatively new to the grappling world but is quite knowledgeable on how to get submission wins over tough competition. Since signing with his new manager, Jimmy Normal, Turturo has defeated his last two opponents in CWC. The 27 year old Canadian grappler considers his youth and flexibility will be the reason he shocks the world and provides "The upset of the year" against one of the worlds best in Claudio Ty. Despite our fascination with fantasy novels and movies as a society, we may not be seeing a Cinderella story here. Claudio Ty will be a tough test for any experienced grappler but for a guy who is relatively new to just the grappling scene and constantly finding himself with new management, it may prove to be a little too much for him. It was not that long ago where we saw Turturo get submitted by Mazzini in a guillotine and if Mazzini was able to find a finish, we can almost certainly promise that Claudio Ty will as well. 

Prediction: Claudio Ty Taps out Turturo. 

Mondragon vs Scaletta
Welterweight Matchup

Since leaving his life of crime behind, Vito Scaletta (4-3) has found a new found love in grappling. Despite having a not so great grappling record he sits as a fan favorite and constantly looks for the finish against his opponents while talking trash to them throughout the entire match. In his matchup against Estaban "Flamingo" Mondragon (12-6) the self proclaimed red belt in BJJ despite him having a black belt, Mondragon has submitted his last two opponents in grappling tournaments and believes that Scaletta will be his third submission victory in a row. With seven of his 12 victories coming by way of submission in the grappling orgs it is not hard to imagine Mondragon scoring another submission victory putting his name at the top of title contention for the CWC. Scaletta will have to look to control Mondragon the entire fight and not worry about trying to finish this matchup at all. The chances of Scaletta finishing Mondragon in grappling are like hitting the lottery, possible, but highly unlikely. Scaletta will need to force the takedown and maintain full control in a safe position. The one thing grappling fans are claiming for Scaletta is his higher level of skill in the wrestling department where he may be able to transition with ease against Mondragon. The 40 year old still has that competitive drive but after moving on from mixed martial arts it looks' like he has entered the twilight of his career holding out hope that there is still glory for him out there but it wont be against Mondgragon. 

Prediction: Mondragon is my heavy favorite to score the submission victory early.

Rock vs Chai

Rodrizinho Chai (17-12) has grappled all of his life. Considered the fifth best in the welterweight division is one of the youngest red belts we have ever seen at just 26 years old. Chai who hs had an on again off again record in grappling in his last several matches looks to get back to his winning ways and secure a massive victory over the top level mma fighter in "The Lion" Will Rock (1-2) Rock, who is relatively new to grappling had a difficult time adjusting at first. The rules of what was allowed and disallowed made it rough for him to make a clean transition but since his first two matches we saw The Lion get a clean victory against Wutang Lee. The Lion, who appears to be done with his MMA career, had scored 7 victories via submission before it was all said and done. The two red belts go head to head is sure to be two aggressive grapplers from start to finish. Chai may be underestimating Rock based off recent conversations I have had with his sparing partners who have shared with me that throughout training camp, Chai has been keeping things light and fun the entire time. Chai, who has not been on a winning streak in a while may not be realizing the danger that is in front of him in a guy who is still all sorts of dangerous at the age of 37. Will Rock has a tough test before him in the young lion but will undoubtedly look to seek control in the clinch right away. I think this fight we will see a lot of transitions and unexpected turns that will make it a nail biter to the very end. 

Prediction: Will Rock will upset the grappling world when he gets a point decision over Rodrizinho Chai

Those are my picks for the matchups fans. Good luck to all the competitors! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Career Highlight: Dragan Hozdic

The following is a highlight of the career of Dragan Hozdic. Dragan volunteered at Hectors Hitters, a public gym in Vegas geared towards helping new managers and fighters find their feet. The gift in return was a career bio. You can read it here or catch it through the tycoon times later this week! Dragan truly is a living legend in the Grappling world and his career is incredible. In this career highlight, we take a look at some close matches, who he was when he began his journey, and where he will be going next. We hope you enjoy this fighter profile and if you want to check Dragan's profile out yourself, click on his name underneath the picture below! Hope you enjoy. 

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Dragan Hozdic
Dragan Hozdic shortly after laying claim to the CWC title in August 2020. 

Dragan Hozdic. This man is recognized around the world as the greatest grappler in the game today! The famous red belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu practices with the elite coaches at Hells Academy. Coaches like, Micael Galvao, father to the Galvao brothers is a three time grappling champion who earned his black belt at just 22 years old, Judo Gene Lebell, a traveller of the world and practitioner of the great sport of Judo climbing the highest levels of the sport, and of course, Antonio Nogueira the former Pride and UFC star beloved by thousands. Dragan has an incredible assortment of teammates as well with the likes of Leandro Lo, a fellow red belt at just 31 years old and expected to become the next big thing in CWC, Ares Galvao brother to Micael Galvao and at just 20 years old is a blackbelt in BJJ, and Takeya Aoki, the brilliant 38 year old red belt who continues competing to this day. 

Despite his current number one status Dragan Hozdic actually did start his career from the pinnacle of the grappling world as he was a former Abu Dabi champ before he engaged in his first mma bout but he did not always train at the world famous Hell Academy. Little is known of the early life of the Serbian Catch Weight Champion so we will start from the beginning of his professional career. 

Dragan Hozdic made his mixed martial arts debut under the manager Soyster Eighty Nine, a manager with great prestige who has been inactive since this past April. Soyster set the young Dragan out to showcase his natural grappling skill set in a MMA promotion in July 2017. Dragan entered the cage against a young man who seemed at the time well rounded, Dragan took the fight looking to utilize the skills he was gifted with, he caught his opponent with a vicious head kick that saw him floundering to survive. He immediately took the guy back to the ground and forced him to tap out via triangle.  

Dragan would move forward with mma and find himself situated with three knockout losses in a row. Soyster would eventually cut Dragan from his team and let him move on with his career. He sought out to find a new manager and did so under Manager Mark Harrington, and despite his submission victory in their one fight together, Harrington did not enjoy how easily Dragon's opponent improved his position and so cut him from his team as well. Dragan was finding himself in a real dark place when he found a new manager in Slobo Dragovic. Slobo was a fellow Serbian who actually encouraged Dragan to change his name to Dragan Hozdic as before all of his fights and records were under the name Nakamura. Slobo had told him that if he really wanted to make it big, he would have to start with a name that would strike fear in his opponents eyes, and Dragan would be that name. Taking the name and moving into their first fight together saw Hozdic submit Lee Van Cleef and later Jax Brown. But Slobo and Dragan had a rocky relationship and the three losses Dragan suffered were too much for Slobo so they parted ways. 

Between February and March of 2020, Dragan Hozdic found himself in Las Vegas watching some local QFC fights. At that event, he ran into none other than ChuckW94 the former owner of Synchronicity and now Catchweight Wrestling Championship. Dragan had a few moments to connect with him and whatever was shared in their brief moments together convinced Chuck to take a chance on him. A couple weeks after penning their contract together, Chuck signed Dragan and allowed him to complete his contract under him in WCKD, a New York company no longer in existence. Dragan would lose that bout and feared that Chuck would immediately cut him as well. Of course as we know it, that is not what happened. “Your gifts lie in the ground game Dragan. And so it is with the ground game we shall make you a star!” Chuck decided. 

A short while later, Dragan signed on to fight for CACC against Dominguez. The match saw Dragan get completely obliterated, failing to secure any lasting transitions. Dragan and Chuck had decided that for him to really live to his fullest potential, he had to begin training with others who were on the same trajectory. Bringing him into Hells Balls, Dragan rapidly improved before going on a stunning four fight winning streak. After his TWGC loss, the CACC rising superstar was soon given a title shot against the champion Harry Hirsch. 

Harry Hirsch a black belt in BJJ was looking on top of the mountain prior to his bout with Dragan. The two squared off and Hirsch was stuffed after going for a takedown on Hozdic. He slowly got back to his feet and could see there was a fire in Dragans eyes, everyone could see that fire. It was a fire of desire to be the best and to do that, he was to take the belt. For the first few minutes of the bout, the scoring was even. It wasn't until the fourth minute where there started to be a clear difference in skill where Dragan started racking up points. By the end of the bout the score was 29-6. Dragan was the new CACC Heavyweight Champion. 

The celebration would continue as Dragan would defend this title a successful 12 times after winning it. In his third title defense, his opponent was crushed to a 14-4 defeat. In his fourth title defense, Hozdic defeated Nielson 15-0. It wasn't until his fifth title defense that we saw Hozdic face his toughest challenger in Tormenta. 

Tormenta immediately got the takedown from clinch and went up to two points. Being a muscular and still extremely talented grappler, fans were wondering from the beginning if this was the end of the title run for Dragan. Tormenta followed his point gain as he passed guard and scored an additional three points. The soore was now 5-0 for Tormenta. Tormenta then began to focus on just controlling Dragon which a lot of critics say began the reason why Dragan would bounce back. Dragan had swept Tormenta and the crowd erupted! The two points from Dragan off the sweep would welcome an additional three points when Dragan passed Tormentas guard. Dragan successfully transitioned until finally he took the back of Tormenta, the score became 14-5. Holding the back of Tormenta fans were anxiously awaiting the rear naked choke but suddenly Tormenta turned towards Hozdic and gained 2 points. At the thirteenth minute Tormenta passed Dragans guard yet again and now the score was at 14-10. Fans were screaming and the place was erupting. The two grapplers were exhausted but Tormenta kept pushing onward, Tormenta once again passed Dragans guard leaving the score at 14-13 for Dragan. The last minute of the fight the announcer was for whatever reason booing. The fans were chanting Dragans name and in a moment of sheer brilliance Tormenta went for a surprising cartwheel to get into mount, it failed as Dragan successfully blocked the transition. The match ended and Hozdic was declared the Champion once again. 

Dragan had other tough matches as well and would go on to showcase why he truly is the best grappler in the world. One of the other better matches of his grappling career was against Morgan. The fight was razor thin until the last two moments were Dragan picked up the pace and focused on rapid transitions, it was an equivalent of swinging for the fences. Dragan scored a quick five points after Morgan had taken his back. When his back was against a wall, quite literally, he showed why he is the best in the world. 

Despite never having won the TWGC title, Hozdic has come close many times. In his most recent outing he competed in the semi finals against Jamaica Jones. The fight was remarkably close and it mostly came down to Jones being so aggressive, constantly working for those submissions that saw him escape on a 10-8 victory over Hozdic. Grappling enthusiasts truly hope to see this one played back. Shortly after this loss, Hozdic went on to win in a dominating fashion against Bill Bright defending his title and focusing on being absolutely vicious on the mat. 

Dragan is now entered into the Las Vegas TWGC where he is expected to compete in the first round against his longtime training partner Leandro Lo and should he succeed he would face opponents that he has already defeated in Maxim Bok, Sven Nielson, and Tyron Sparxx. A few others competitors for the upcoming TWGC are Conald Peterson, Steel Grappler, and of course the dark horse in the competition in Cedric Simard. Personally, Dragans toughest test will be his own training partner Leandro. Will he be able to put friendship aside or will he allow his friend to get the win? Will this be the year Dragan finally lays claim to the TWGC and prove all the haters wrong once and for all that he is the grappling GOAT or will he lose another narrow decision? The TWGC is yet to be announced when it begins but you better believe fight fans around the world will be glued to their TV once it does. 

You can catch all of Dragans past performances on CWC and subscribe to his buzz for all immediate news!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Catch Wrestling Championship June 20th Preview

Grappling enthusiasts around the world will be tuning in this weekend to CWC June 20th as the we get the chance to witness both the Lightweight and Middleweight titles be defended against some very tough challengers. This preview of the two championship matchups aims to present you with a short expectation of the night while at the same time hyping up all four fighters that will be engaging in the event. Alongside with some of the big matches to be, we will get the chance to witness former SYN champion Ispa Tower make his debut against former heavyweight phenom Ispa Murhapuro. The CWC June 20th event is going to be nuts and there are so many good matchups that grappling fans should be stoked. Lets get into it! 

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Claudio  TyMixed Martial Arts Fighter - Raul Gracie

{1} Claudio Ty vs Raul Gracie  {C}
Middleweight Championship

Claudio Ty (25-5) is the always thrilling grappler who puts on performance after performance stunning the crowd with insane victories. The former champion looks to regain his crown as he takes on the formidable king of the middleweight division, Raul Gracie (11-5)! Gracie, who is on a four fight win streak and submitted two of his opponents has looked increasingly better in competition and in his toughest test to date will hope that his past performances will show that he is levels above where he once was. The TWGC bronze medalist and former #1 middleweight and #1 welterweight Cluadio Ty, believes that he is truly the best grappler in the game. In his last three fights his opponents were only able to score a combined 12 points against him, simply put this guy is of legendary caliber. On the other side of the ring we see that Gracie is more okay with his opponents feeling comfortable as he is constantly looking for submissions against them. Gracie has submitted a black belt and red belt in two of his last four showing that no matter how good one thinks their skill is, they can be broken. Ty, who many may be rooting for come the 20th, has only been submitted twice in his career and both have been by armbar. If that is any indicator for Gracie, he will surely be feeling comfortable on his back as he will be aggressively looking for the finish especially being his last victory came by way of an armbar against the former TWGC champion. Ty will have to use his strength to control this match up and keep his limbs in tight if he does not want to suffer any serious damage. If he is able to transition well against his opponent, which I think he will, he will be able to keep safe from the submission attempts and compile massive points against Gracie. 

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Billy ConfortoMixed Martial Arts Fighter - Bjj Steel

{5} Billy Conforto vs BJJ Steel {C}
Lightweight Championship

BJJ Steel (12-11) is widely recognized by many in the grappling world as the best lightweight in the game today. Many argue that Billy is better and point to the weight rankings of BJJ to prove that point saying that without the belt by his name he is considered 6th best at his weight class. His level of detail and skill on the ground is uncanny however in his last matchup against the popular Jay Simon, he was surprised at how controlling his opponent was and did not walk away the victor despite many believing he would have proven too much for the MMA fighter. His next opponent is on both a 3 fight MMA win streak and a 3 fight grappling win streak and looks to shock the world in laying claim to the lightweight title. Billy Conforto (6-6) is vastly inexperienced in the world of grappling and his time has been divided in competing in MMA and pure grappling where as BJJ Steel has been solely focused on grapping since he was a youth. Both carry a red belt in BJJ but in terms of wrestling ability one would have to consider Billy a little better in skill there.  With a third of BJJ Steels victories coming by way of Submission in grappling and Billy walking with 12 sub victories in MMA and 3 in grappling it is safe to say that Billy may be the more aggressive grappler in this matchup. BJJ Steel took shocking loss well in his last match and looks to prove once and for all that he truly is the best lightweight in the world when he outpoints his opponent in Billy Conforto.

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Esteban MondragonMixed Martial Arts Fighter - Rodrizinho Chai

{3} Esteban Mondragon vs Rodrizinho Chai {5}
Welterweight Match

Two young up and coming grappling sensations go at it as Estaban "Flamingo" Mondragon (13-6) takes the battle to Rodrizinho Chai (18-12). The two highly skilled BJJ practitioners have never met inside the grappling world before but look to put on a thrilling show come the 20th for grappling fans across the globe. Chai, who is coming off of back to back victories looks to make a statement in the division when he gets Mondragon out of his way and moves up in line to get a title shot. To defeat Mondragon will be no easy task, the black belt in BJJ has been on a four fight win streak and has defeated two of his last opponents via submission. In this close match of highly skilled grapplers both men will have to be extra cautious as they engage knowing that the other will look to get lock in a choke with immediacy. Chai was once a former champion of CWC and looks to regain that lost treasure whereas Esteban has yet to achieve such prestige. Fans of Esteban have been upset claiming he deserved the next shot at the title and are nervous that Chai will be able to outpoint their fighter before the match is over. Chai, who is slightly larger than his opponent may be using his strength to his advantage while constantly applying pressure to advance his desire for victory can not get sloppy as Mondragon will be constantly on guard looking for the submission even potentially exposing himself in the process. This match is my personal pick for match of the week and I believe it will be thrilling from start to finish. 

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Ishiihara SakurabaMixed Martial Arts Fighter - Julio Valeron  Huhrera

{4} Ishiihara Sakuraba vs Julio Huhrera {6}
Featherweight Match

The featherweight landscape will change dramatically after this match is concluded. Two top ten grapplers in the featherweight division look to topple the other on the race to the number one spot. Ishiihara "Rascal" Sakuraba (18-15) is an experienced grappler and elite grappler in every sense of the word. Despite reaching the top spot and getting to fight for the title twice, Rascal has yet to lay claim to the belt as his own. Should he get past Julio Huhrera (8-4) he will surely be one step away from the fight he has been itching to get at. Julio Valeron Huhrera is having one of the toughest tests in his career taking on a legend. Julio is hoping that under his new management he will be guided towards the right tactics and lay claim to victory. Julio who has only been submitted once since the start of his grappling career considers that his opponent will be actively looking for submissions but during that time will be advanced on too many times to find the victory by the final bell. I had a chance to connect with Sakurabas coaches who have explained to me that they believe Sakuraba wins this fight no matter what the game plan of Julio. Fight fans of Sakuraba have been vocal on BUZZ saying that Julio will get tapped before the match is over. Regardless of who wins you can imagine a wild first few minutes of the game for both of these guys but the experience of Sakuraba may prove to be just too much for Julio Huhrera one could also argue that the size advantage of Julio may wear out Sakuraba much faster than one would expect. 

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Iain TowerMixed Martial Arts Fighter - Ispa Murhapuro

{UR} Iain Tower vs Ispa Murhapuro {UR}
Heavyweight Match

Finally, a match many have been anxiously awaiting is the grappling debut of two of MMA's biggest stars. Iain Tower (0-0) appears to have made a full time transition out of the world of MMA and on to CWC where he will welcome another great MMA fighter in Ispa Murhapuro (0-0) who is also making his debut in grappling. Despite the two martial artists competing in the heavyweight division of the mma world for such a long time and roughly similar amount of time, they have never crossed paths. Iain Tower once held the Heavyweight Title for Synchronicity. In his mixed martial arts career he knocked out 26 of his opponents and submitted 9 of them. A big test for Tower as this will be the best grappler he has probably ever faced, Ispa a Black Belt in BJJ has 8 of his Mixed martial arts victories coming by way of submission. The younger Ispa believes that at his age of just 28 years old, his youthfulness will prove to be filled with too much activity for Iain Tower and will eventually force the former Syn champion to tap out. Ispa the significantly larger of the two will look to utilize his size as well as his skill in BJJ to capture the victory on the 20th. I had a chance to reach out to the coaches of Ispa and they believe that before the first five minutes are up that Ispa will have forced Tower to tap out. Despite the popular belief that Ispa may do that in JAG battle gym, Tower has never been submitted in his career always proving to be a dominant grappler on the ground, more so than the many he has faced. Whatever the case may be, if these two are staying in CWC for the foreseeable future I can promise you that this will no doubt be a match we see again! 

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Rolf OttkeMixed Martial Arts Fighter - Bazar Al Jhit

{12} Rolf Ottke vs Bazar Al Jhit {20}
Lightweight Match

As a bonus i want to invite you to check out this matchup. Although it is not being publicized enough, the match between Rolf Ottke (25-15) and Bazar Al Jhit (5-3) has all the makings of an instant classic. Rolf was once the former CWC champion and he is looking to regain his title by laying a solid foundation of victory after victory. To do that, he has to take on a fearsome Bazar Al Jhit who since signing to Judo Beau has been on a crazy win streak of 4 victories. This test in competition with Al Jhit will say a lot about the potential this man has and if can get close on the score cards we may have a future title holder performing later this year. Al Jhit, who is 32 years old has grabbed 10 submission victories in his mixed martial arts career and constantly looks to collect more sub victories. Despite his four fight win streak, Al Jhit will have to be absolutely careful against Ottke who has looked like a monster in his last outing practically breaking his opponents arm to send a message to the rest of the division! This fight is probably the best unknown fight in my opinion and I can not wait to see how it unfolds. 

That is all I got for you guys, have a great Fathers day weekend and good luck to all the fighters on the 20th! 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys. So the original plan was TycoonHec was going to write up profiles for each of the remaining competitors in the TWGC finals. However, he apparently has something called a life and was unable to finish all the profiles. I however, have no life, so I went ahead and I finished the rest. Hec did get a few done, so if you notice a change in writing style and less attention to detail... that's where I took over lol... anyways, without further ado:

265+ D1 Tourney

Shaka “Giganto” Zulu

5-3 in TWGC 

36 HW Grappling Rank

Shaka Zulu is one of the taller grapplers in our list, standing at 6 feet and 5 inches. The Ugandan born grappler now resides in New York where he actively trains at SSJ Gym, home of the TWGC 265lbs champion Jack Sullivan. 3 days a week, the Black Belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, spends his time on the mats practicing rolls with his training partners and once a week he works on his wrestling with his teammates. The fighters at SSJ believe that their teammate brings home the gold in this venture and will do so convincingly. Managed by the skilled Bael Basileos who holds over 70 grappling victories with his fighters, there is a certain level of confidence going into this tournament that other grapplers wish they had. Zulu had secured his entry into the Quarter finals when he submitted Evaristo Jesus. Many had assumed that Jesus, due to his experience would be able to secure the victory against Zulu, but to the surprise of many Zulu choked out his opponent and made a very aggressive statement to all the qualifiers that he is looking to get the win at all costs. The exciting thing about Zulu for grappling fans is that when he gets to the mat he will be constantly looking for the finish. 

Devlin Draco 

13-6 in TWGC 

19 HW Grappling Rank

Devlin Draco burst on to the grappling scene as a pure enthusiast of the sport. A Black belt in brazilian Jiu Jitsu and outstanding wrestler believes that despite his age he can certainly bring home the gold. After securing a 12-6 victory against his last opponent, TWGC fans know what to expect from this talented young grappler. His desire to rack up points against his opponents and look for the victory by outmaneuvering his opponent in transitions and defensive maneuvers continues to prove why this grappler stands out in his weight class as one of the most fearsome grapplers to compete against. Draco who trains at Catch Wrestling L.A. sees a sporadic attendance from his gymmates in their sparring, and one is forced to wonder if his skills are really being enhanced by the lack of seriousness his sparring partners have in the gym. Regardless of how his teammates are doing, we can safely assume that Draco is as dangerous as anyone on the ground and at the age of 25 is looking to climb mountains. The greek born grappler has been an absolute force and it would not be really a surprise to anyone should we see him score enough points to run home with Gold!

“The Gladiator” Hero Galanos

17-6

4 HW Grappling Rank

Chris Karters, Hero Galanos, is looking to capture his second TWGC title. A heavy favorite coming into this tournament, Galanos has defeated notable Grappling names such as Jamaica Jones, Conald Petersen, and El Toro. Galanos is an absolute threat against anyone he competes with on the ground and continues to prove why he is a force to be reckoned with. Currently riding a ten fight winning streak, Galanos has submitted his last two opponents and may look to add more submission victories by the time this tournament is over. Training out of Convicted Fight Club, Hero Galanos regularly works out with some of the very best in the world. Including the pound for pound #1 beast that is Kilo Maluga, Chris Steve the Combate Champion, and So many more talented stars. His attention to detail and his focus on the mat is second to none. He always finds a way to win and grappling enthusiasts may be watching the next 265lbs+ Champion when he steps on the mat next week. 

Steel Grappler

14-11 

9 LHW Grappling Rank

Steel Grappler is a fan favorite across the board. The Red belt elite wrestler training out of Area 41 is recognized by many to be a legitimate contender for the Grappling crown. Since putting pen to paper with his new manager, Cody W. Steel Grappler has seen himself enter a three fight winning streak defeating his opponents in what could safely be classified as dominant. In one match he scored 20 points to his opponents 4. Grappler, whos martial arts experience has been largely focused on grappling has seen much of his energy and time poured out into the very fabric that makes up the grappling sport we all know and love. Since his return to his winning ways many fans are claiming that the Grappler we see now is not the same grappler who was under previous managers and that any opponent who goes against him may have a difficult time scoring points and securing any sort of submission. His switch over to his new gym in New York has seen him aggressively working to improve his skill set and develop into a new animal on the mats. The 38 year old from Steel City, despite being smaller than a majority of his opponents, should have a pretty decent experience come next week! 

“Bodacius” Galtero El Toro 

4-1 

24 HW Grappling Rank

Despite being one of the lower ranking guys on this tournament, Bodacius, has been an absolute bull on the mats. His 4 victories proved to be just too much for his competition and dismantled them in devastating fashion. 17 points to 4 was one score card, another fight saw El Toro score 9-0 against a different opponent, and still another match saw him outscore an opponent 22-9. His one loss he may be able to avenge in this tournament if his training partner does not secure the victory first. The Mexican grappler who trains out of Area 51 alongside Steel Grappler knows a thing or two about getting the job done, a former MMA champion and lover of all forms of martial arts has looked to defeat his opponents in any way possible. It will certainly be fun to see the lesser experienced grappler in this tournament out there against some of the best in the world. Many have written the young Black Belt off so we will see how his story will unfold once the tournament gets underway. 

Tyrano “Action” Jackson

16-10

Grappling Rank 10 LHW

A little over a year ago, Lubeck, Germany’s Tyrano Jackson defeated Aedan Declan via 14-13 tie breaker to capture the CWC LHW title. Action Jackson lost the title to Dido Vicini in his first defense. Since then, he has had ups and downs in both his MMA career and grappling career; he has yet to even medal in a TWGC tournament. Winning a TWGC D1 would be a huge reinvigoration for his career, and he appears to be in top form to do just that! In his qualifying match, Action Jackson exploded for an disgusting 30-2 victory. If he can keep this up, his first podium in TWGC could be in his very near future, perhaps even a win!

Vincenzo Labrucci

Not Ranked

2-0

At first glance, it may seem like there isn’t much to talk about with Vincenzo Lambrucci. Well to be honest, there isn’t really all that much, other than his name is kind of hard to spell. He would be easy to write off given his 0 sub wins in MMA and 4 sub losses in MMA. And only having two grappling matches: the qualifiers in this tournament. But let’s take a closer look at his two matches. His first match was an 11-4 points win. That’s a pretty solid points win right? Well, it’s actually a pretty damn good win considering it was over #7 LHW ranked grappler and former CWC LHW champion Moldy Jello. His second qualifier he rendered  #12 ranked HW Johnny Bolivar unconscious with a nasty anaconda choke. Let’s be honest, he’s far from the favorite to win this, but the Italian deserves credit for what he’s done to make it to finals and he theoretically has an equal opportunity as anyone else!

Dragan Hozdic

Grappling Rank #1 P4P

The most dominant champ in CWC history. Pound for pound best grappler on the planet. These accolades are enough to describe the greatness of Dragan Hozdic. One accolade that has eluded the Serbian immortal however, is TWGC gold. In fairness, Hozdic has only competed in two TWGC to date, but nonetheless he has not won either. His first bid to become TWGC D1 champ isn’t as noteworthy as it happened before his reign of terror as CWC HW champion. However, in the 2021 HW D1 tournament, CWC MW contender Jamaica shocked the world when he sent the P4P best grappler home with a bronze medal in the semi finals. Between that tournament and this tournament, Hozdic returned to his winning ways and defended his belt for an astonishing 12th time. Will Dragan finally add a TWGC trophy to his overflowing closet of belts and accolades?

155 Tourney

Xavier “The Wizard”  Merlin

3-1

209 P4P Grappling Rank

Xavier Merlin is perhaps the biggest wildcard in the tournament. With only 4 grappling matches on his record and currently unsigned, the Londoner isn’t even ranked in any grappling weight class. Merlin earned a spot in the finals tournament off 10-5 victory over Malaki Fiso, who is scheduled to face Antonio Brown for the CWC BW title. There is no question Merlin is a skilled grappler as he has 13 wins by submission in MMA, and he defeated two CWC title contenders to get here. The question now is how he will fare against the higher level grappling competition here in the finals.

Chan “Ayutthaya” Siam

6-8

15 FW Grappling Rank

Don’t let his record fool you, Chan Siam is a very capable grappler. In his first qualifying match of this tourney, Bangkok’s Chan Siam sent CWC BW champion and HoFer Antonio Brown packing with an impressive 17-2 upset victory. Ayutthaya is currently competing in SFL’s FW division, and was FW champion in the now defunct FARTMMA. He has a talented manager, championship experience, and a coming in with the momentum of a massive upset earlier in this tournament, but he definitely has his work cut out for him.

John “Quan Fa” Lee

6-2 

15 LW Grappling Rank

Despite only having 6 wins in grappling, John Lee is a proven talent on the mats holding 4 submission wins in MMA, including an armbar victory off his back to capture the RRFC MW title in 2019. This past September, Lee became a TWGC D2 champion by way of armbar from mount. You have to respect the grappling abilities of a TWGC D2 champion, but D1 is a massive step up in competition. So how has the Chinese grappler done thus far in the tournament? Well, in his second qualifier, he eked out a 12-11 victory over Marchinho Sitsongrits, who is managed by current #1 manager Theksit Ruengruong. He is training partners at SSJ gym with fellow bracket member Chan Siam. 

Reijo Halli

6-2

5 FW Grappling Rank

Riding a tidal wave of momentum, Finnish Reijo Halli has solidified himself as a dark horse in the tournament. Once a top prospect in MMA, the former RapidFC FW champion returned to grappling earlier this year after a disappointing 2-5 stint in SFL. Halli seems to have put whatever funk plagued his SFL run behind him, as he has established himself as a top contender in CWC, going 3-0 against three top 10 ranked opponents, including two submissions and a dominant 31-13 points victory over CWC Hall of Famer David Morrison.  Halli enters the finals on a 5 match win streak following an otherworldly 37-4 victory in his second qualifying match. His next fight in the tournament will be against the previously discussed John Lee, who is also 6-2. There are more established names in this tournament than these two, but whoever emerges the victor of this match will surely be a force to be reckoned with in the late stages of the tournament. 

Rene Neri

4-1

194 P4P Grappling Rank

Rene Neri is the second least experienced grappler of the tournament, with only one more fight and victory than Xavier Merlin. That said, Neri is a more established grappling talent compared to Merlin. In MMA, Neri has gone 4-0 in QFC, submitting all 4 opponents in a combined 4:32. In 2020, Neri had to settle for a bronze medal in the TWGC FW D2 tournament. In this current tournament however, Neri has breezed past two tough opponents to make it to finals; scoring a definitive 14-6 victory against former CWC champ Morrison Lee and tapping out former two division UnderGround FC champion Guido Turturro with a triangle armbar. Rene Neri is facing a considerable step up in competition in the final, but he has handily taken care of the step up in competition he has already defeated thus far.

Paul “Smile” Hunt

20-15

3 WW Grappling Rank

Paul Hunt’s run in the tournament so far is shaping up to be quite the story. Hunt is a bonafide grappling veteran. In 35 grappling matches, Hunt has never made it to the final round of TWGC nor even competed for a CWC title. But that's the past and none of that matters right now. There's a reason he's the #3 WW grappler in the world right now. And the reason is because Paul Hunt had to beat 2 CWC Hall of Famers just to get to the finals Amsterdam. And he didn't just beat them, he ran right through them with a 29-11 victory over Rodney Holzken and 21-2 victory over David Morrison. His record also reveals a win against another CWC Hall of Famer, a 14-0 shutout victory over CWC WW champ Ibbe Ribbler. It really isn't fair to say Hunt's exceeding expectations, as his skills are apparent when looking at who he's fought rather than strictly looking at his records and accolades, but he was definitely easy to overlook compared to other competitors, including the ones whom he has already denied their place in the finals. At this point, it is hard not to view Hunt as a favorite to win the tournament, and what a deserving accomplishment that would be after all these years.

Dado Mata

36-26

7 FW Grappling Rank

With 62 grappling matches, Japanese legend Dado Mata has a storied career on the mats. He was the only FW champion in the history of the now defunct ADWGC, defending his belt twice. Making him somewhat of a grappling pioneer. While he is a few years removed from his legendary reign as ADWGC champion, he has proven to be a perennial contender in CWC, coming up just short in a Fight of the Night loss in his most recent title shot against Matvey Pavlov, who happens to be Mata’s next opponent in the tournament. In his second qualifier, Mata punched his ticket to the finals with an impressive rear naked choke victory over the promising prospect Rap Tori. Conventional thinking would deem other bracket members as more likely champions, but conventional thinking would also not rule Mata out as a possible winner as he is consistently a threat to anyone he faces.

Matvey “The Gymnast” Pavlov

45-23

2 FW Grappling Rank

Without question, Matvey Pavlov is an absolute grappling legend and is not far removed from one of the most dominating title reigns in recent CWC memory. When Pavlov arrived in TWGC’s WW tournament earlier this year, Pavlov was on top of the grappling world with a 7 match win streak which had seen him capture CWC’s FW title and defend it 3 times. That’s why it was so shocking when Pavlov failed to make it to the TWGC finals last time around, being on the wrong end of an upset to promising up and coming grappling talent Rap Tori. Pavlov fans then from “shocked” to “reasonably concerned” when the CWC Hall of Famer then lost his FW title to Able Archer. Luckily, rumors of Pavlov’s demise have been greatly exaggerated, at least that’s what his qualifying matches seem to indicate. The Russian is still the defending TWGC D1 LW champion, and with his shutout 19-0 victory over fellow TWGC champ and CWC HoFer David Morrison Jr. to advance to the finals, he is an obvious favorite to win it all. Defending his TWGC title would be an epic rebound and prove that the all-time great is still great.

• Upvote 5

• 2 weeks later...

CWC 227 Review

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Ibbe RibblerMixed Martial Arts Fighter - Rodrizinho Chai

170 lbs, Catch Wrestling Championship

Ibbe Ribbler vs Rodrizinho Chai

The long time catchweight wrestling champion at lightweight, successfully defended his title yet again when he pulled off a submission victory that not one person in the audience anticipated. "The Riddler" Ibbe Ribbler (33-10) is perhaps the single best lightweight grappler in the world today, and he proved that as he successfully defended his title for the 8th time. His opponent, Rodrizinho Chai (20-13) was considered by many to be the one to stop Ribbler and take his title. Showing no signs of aging or resignation from his top spot, Ribbler stopped his opponent from improving his position multiple times and eventually capitalized on a stunning armbar that saw Chai tap out with five minutes to go. The match started off with an almost deafening silence as fans eagerly awaited the first grappler to take control. Ribbler failed his takedown attempt and Chai immediately maximized on the opportunity bringing his opponent to the mat. Ribbler who was then on his back had adjusted his mindset and focused on looking for a submission victory. It came within several minutes to the shock of many as it was the second time we seen the Red Belt Chai tap in his career. The future is still quite promising for Rodrizinho Chai, as he looks to take on the Joey Simone (14-6) in a few days and put his name right back at the top of contention. We will see the champion, Ibbe Ribbler defend his title on August first against Felipe Ferreira-Alves (3-1) a grappler who has previously bested Chai and believes he can stop Ribbler as well.

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Dragan HozdicMixed Martial Arts Fighter - David Allan Coe

170 lbs, Catch Wrestling Championship

Dragan Hozdic vs "Outlaw" David Allan Coe

The Dragan was unleashed again in CWC and he once again showcased why he is literally the greatest grappler of our generation. Dragan Hozdic (26-4) took on a fearsome submission specialist in David Allan Coe (21-15). Coe who has an almost instinctual desire to work for submissions was not able to secure a anything against the Dragan Hozdic. Dragan had literally stunned the world with how skilled he was in comparison to his opponent stomping him to earn a 17 to 2 score at the end of the bout. Dragan, who by many is considered the goat of grapplers, focused almost entirely on control and patience, countering of each Coes wild movements to land the scores he needed to win. Coe, who before his bout with Dragan was looking quite dangerous was exhausted at the end of the bout and looked visibly defeated. The two red belts showed massive respect for one another when the final bell went off. At the start of the matchup the speed Coe possessed in shooting in for that takedown made him look like a speeding bullet. He rushed in secured the takedown and from there, it was downhill. It almost came across as if Dragan wanted him to be the one to shoot in and he would safely work off of his back. While working for a submission, Coe found himself swept and Dragan evened the score. From passing guard to taking his back, Dragan proved to the world why he is on another level. We are now anxiously awaiting the next matchup for Dragan and we are hearing rumors that it may be Ispa Murhapuro. We will have to wait and see if that is true. Coe takes on his next opponent, Tyrone Sparxx, on August 1st a challenger unlike many others and a matchup we are dying to see! 

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Rodney HolzkenMixed Martial Arts Fighter - Roman Boesku

Rodney Holzken vs Roman Boesku

a matchup you may want to see is a two minute one where Rodney Holzken put on a clinic on securing a guillotine on his opponents. He locked it up so fast against Roman that even I was having a hard time breathing! Anyway shoutout to Rodney Holzken and I look forward to your next matchup in a few days!

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Will RockMixed Martial Arts Fighter - Vulcahn Dravezesdi

Will Rock vs Culcahn Dravezesdi 

One of the nastiest armbar finishes you will ever see was WIll Rocks armbar win over Culcahn Dravezesdi. The submission was so tight I thought the arm was literally going to snap off. Will Rock was certainly losing that matchup by five points so maybe if Dravezesdi worked on his defensive grappling a little more, we will see him come through on the next time they meet! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

CWC 230 Review

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Reijo HalliMixed Martial Arts Fighter - Able Archer

Reijo Halli vs Able Archer

145 lbs, Catch Wrestling Championship

Reijo Halli (7-3) captured the CWC featherweight title the this past weekend in one of the most dominating ways of possible. With a 16-2 final score he defeated the champion Able Archer (20-10) and has shocked the world! His lack of experience proved to be no problem for him as his skill in wrestling proved to be the leading factor in his victory against the talented Able Archer! Recently picked up from Judo Beau, co-owner of CWC, he proved to be one amazing asset to not only CWC but also to the management team of Judo. The 29 year old Finnish grappler is being considered by many to be a long reigning champion and eventually reach the highest levels of the grappling sport. Reijo Halli, shortly after his perfect performance, he decided to go on sharing on the microphone how he will dominate anyone and everyone who steps on the mats with him. It is certainly hard to deny that after watching him out grapple one of the best in the division. Halli looks to take on Moldy Jello on August 1st and defend his title for the first time! Able Archer will return to the mats on the same card in hopes to get a victory and put himself in line to get redemption. 

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Prana HaloMixed Martial Arts Fighter - Hero Galanos

Prana Halo vs Hero Galanos

155 lbs, Catch Wrestling Championship

Former TWGC champion and finalist, Hero Galanos (24-12) had his first title shot for CWC and despite being considered the favorite by many going into the match, found himself shocked and dismayed at Prana Halos (22-16) spectacular performance. Once the two got to the mat it was clear that Prana Halo was looking to not let this match go to the judges. His skill level was off the charts in executing an armbar. He wrapped his legs up and pulled back and Hero had no choice but to tap out or let the arm break. Since the victory fight fans have been desperate to see Halo make a return and defend his title but as of yet no fight has been offered to the champion. Hero Galanos was so frustrated at the loss especially being considered by many to be the favorite going into it that he immediately accepted a matchup with Anatta. It is undoubtedly a match we will see again in the near future and unless Hero works diligently on his defensive game, we could see Halo and many others capitalize on Galanos weaknesses. 

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Rico ColeMixed Martial Arts Fighter - Ceph Alopodis

Rico Cole vs Ceph Alopodis 

155 lbs, Catch Wrestling Championship

For grappling enthusiasts around the world, not many names gets them excited to watch as Rico "Red Hot" Cole (9-3) and after this past weekends performance it is clear to see why. Rico defended his title for a second time and did so against one of the more aggressive grapplers in the game today. Ceph Alopodis (9-11) is usually working to get a submission or put an opponent in a submission. Even though Alopodis had went for several submissions against Cole, none of them could be secured and even worse, none of them were even close to catching Cole. Rico Cole, who has been training out at Shao Kahns training facility has been heavily focused on his defensive grappling and setting up his transitions against Alopodis. The judges had seen the fight points scored at a 17-11 with Rico taking the victory. Rico Cole will be defending his title once again against Marc Read (7-2) a very dangerous and very worthy fighter for the title shout. The fight will take place on August 1st! Ceph Alopodis will be matched up with Morrison Lee in a few days, a fighter many believe will succumb to Alopodis aggressive submission ways. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Awesome write ups Hec! Slight correction, a few of these lads next fight is going to be in CWC Grand Prix, thus no belts will be on the for them... at least not until the finals ;)

Reijo Halli has asked me to make the following statement

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Reijo Halli

"Going into this fight, I knew I would become CWC champion. If  I didn't do it against this past fight Able Archer, who is one of the top grapplers in the world, I still knew it would come some day. Things may not always go my way every time, but I know I can beat any grappler in the world. I had my ups and downs in MMA and I know I will in grappling too, but I don't see myself losing my belt any time soon. My two career goals are to win Grappler of the Year and make it into the CWC Hall of Fame. I want to be up there with GOATs, the Pavlovs and Hozdics and Ribblers of the grappling world. In other words, we're entering the Halli Era! Hope you guys are ready for the ride."

-Reijo Halli

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

I am going to borrow chuck's original message and modify it some.

CWC is under new ownership! If you have have any exceptional grapplers seeking to prove their abilities against the top competition in the Tycoon world, then look no further. Some extra details down below.

Welcome to MMATYCOON'S PREMIER Grappling ONLY Organization.

- Grappling (as opposed to MMA or KT) does not cause energy loss after a fight.

- CWC is Grappling only (we do not host any other kind of events).

- CWC only hosts events on Sunday after the PM training session. This means your fighter will always compete at 100% energy (if you are training optimally that is) & they will never have to miss a single training session to compete.

- Losses in Grappling do not cause injuries or morale loss but does affect popularity. That being said if you win, it increases your popularity & Grappling hype.

- Competing in CWC for sparbots is perfect as it won't affect their training/sparring regimen. Also, it will reset their de-pop timer.

- Grappling has no effect on manager ranking

- TWGC, QFC, & co-MMA/KT contracts are all allowed upon request

- All divisions are Open ID. It should go without saying that you will be expected to go against anyone in your division.  I will be striving to offer fair and competitive matchmaking. The fights will be based more on individual fighter's streaks & rankings than the hype that would be generated from the fight. Cherry picking fights will not be tolerated & will result in your fighter being released & you being permanently banned from the org.

message Scott Bandz (139507) for contract inquiries