make "Weight Cutting" a hidden skill

Face Kicker

it would be interesting if there was a 10 pound variance (divided over 150 points, it would be 15 points per pound) in the max amount of weight that a fighter can cut. this will allow for some more variation in fighters, and add a little more tactic into what weight you create a fighter. i would imagine it would also increase nutrition company sales with people buying weight supps to get to a more optimal weight after they find out how well their guy cuts weight. if this were implemented then you could also add another selection for the hidden attribute boost when creating a fighter, for "an extensive wrestling background" or something, which would mean they have a lot of experience cutting weight and so they get a boost to their weight cutting ability.

Between weight loss supps and decent stamina, it's not hard at all to make weight. I have fighters who are fighting in a weight bracket below what they should be in and as long as I watch my energy I can easily make weight for the bracket below what I should be in. Most fighters shouldn't be more than 10lbs above their weight class which is very very easy to do.

I actually kind of like the idea, where the influence of weight cutting from conditioning would be halved to make room for this new skill.

One problem with this is that you might create a "taller than usual for his weight class" fighter and check off "good at cutting weight" thinking you can make a beast at 145 or something, but then get a totally bad dice roll and end up with a fighter that can't fight at the weight class you wanted.

That's fine for a veteran manager but for a new manager they might get confused and freak out and die of a heart attack.

There's also the problem of how to retroactively assign this skill to existing fighters. Do we just give them all 75? Or what?