Learning speed

Just a question about learning speed. I know its highly variable but, I just started training one of my fighters with coaches. He did one sparring session, and one training sesion with an elite coach and class size of 3. His TD is feebe -, and it didnt move at all. Is that common? With a stat that low i'd have hoped it would go to at least --. Just curious if that means he's a slow learner or if thats pretty normal.

Just a question about learning speed. I know its highly variable but, I just started training one of my fighters with coaches. He did one sparring session, and one training sesion with an elite coach and class size of 3. His TD is feebe -, and it didnt move at all. Is that common? With a stat that low i'd have hoped it would go to at least --. Just curious if that means he's a slow learner or if thats pretty normal.

you actually would want it to go from - to +....if it takes more than 2-3 sessions of the same skill to get it to move one of those, then you probably have a slow learner(at least that lvl). The Break down is as follows for the + and -.

feeble -- feeble - feeble + feeble ++ then competent --

Make sure you read the WIKI a few times, it really helps a lot...good luck

if his energy was above 90%, the class size was 3, and the trainer was elite, then he should have improved from feeble-. if he didn't, then it sounds like he's semi retarded. see how it goes for another few days and if he still isn't improving at any low-level skills, then i'd sack him and create another fighter (or pick up a free agent)

Yea i'll keep an eye on him. His energy was 100%, class size of 3. He also sparred with 7 ppl, wrestlign didnt change at all, but i have no idea who he sparred with so thats harder to tell.

Would an improvement of one step be normal? ie - to +? or at feeble should it have went up a lot more. First figther i created so, i still dont have a handle on how he's supposed to progress. But since he's my first ffighter he's pretty flawed, don't want to try and train him into a decent fighter if he needs a helmet outside of the cage.

Yea i'll keep an eye on him. His energy was 100%, class size of 3. He also sparred with 7 ppl, wrestlign didnt change at all, but i have no idea who he sparred with so thats harder to tell.

Would an improvement of one step be normal? ie - to +? or at feeble should it have went up a lot more. First figther i created so, i still dont have a handle on how he's supposed to progress. But since he's my first ffighter he's pretty flawed, don't want to try and train him into a decent fighter if he needs a helmet outside of the cage.

yes one step in a day is pretty normal as long as class sessions are low

yes one step in a day is pretty normal as long as class sessions are low

Thank you for the responses. And not to beat a dead horse, but just one step is normal, even with a rating so low?

It must be really slow with much better stats i imagine then.

Thank you for the responses. And not to beat a dead horse, but just one step is normal, even with a rating so low?

It must be really slow with much better stats i imagine then.

pretty much --- its hard to make two steps in one day, except for physicals -- but it also depends on what level your already at -- the higher the skill level the more times it takes to move

Do you get similar results from sparring? I know its a lot more difficult to discern quality, but typically one + or - per session?

yes but as i say the higher the skill level the more sessions it will take to move any ---- also just noting 2 session = 1 day --- most of what im talking about is 1 day so 2 sessions total

if you have a fast learner (an actual fast learner, not just someone with the fast learner selected at creation), then it's not unheard of to pop from feeble- to feeble++ in one session with an elite trainer (a true 150 elite, not a 140 elite) if you can get 1on1 training and are at like 95% energy or above.

if you have a fast learner (an actual fast learner, not just someone with the fast learner selected at creation), then it's not unheard of to pop from feeble- to feeble++ in one session with an elite trainer (a true 150 elite, not a 140 elite) if you can get 1on1 training and are at like 95% energy or above.

But not everyone has the resources for that MEGA UBER TRAINING FALACITY :P

It's also hard to know where in the range of 32.5-35 a feeble- is. If he was just above 32.5 and ended up just below 35 it wouldn't show up but he wouldn't really be a horrible learner.

It's also hard to know where in the range of 32.5-35 a feeble- is. If he was just above 32.5 and ended up just below 35 it wouldn't show up but he wouldn't really be a horrible learner.

depends on the age also :wheelchair: old men dont train well young men :graduated:

I wonder how the fast learner gets assigned points, meaning do you randomly get assigned points in the creation of a fighter for a fast learner such as from 1-70 and then if you click on the fast learner box you get an extra 30 points (just an example)? Or do you randomly get points with the fast learner being the ultimate, for example you get 1-100 points but if you click on the fast learner box you automatically get 100.

I've got a guy who makes your guy look like Nikola Tesla...

8x sparring sessions has resulted in him going from Woeful +, to Woeful ++

That's a maximum of 0.5pts gain per session and a minimum of 0.125pts gain per session...

...or, more likely, somewhere in between.

This is not good!

I've got a guy who makes your guy look like Nikola Tesla...

8x sparring sessions has resulted in him going from Woeful +, to Woeful ++

That's a maximum of 0.5pts gain per session and a minimum of 0.125pts gain per session...

...or, more likely, somewhere in between.

This is not good!

Well we'll see, trained again this morning, still at feeble -

I wonder how the fast learner gets assigned points, meaning do you randomly get assigned points in the creation of a fighter for a fast learner such as from 1-70 and then if you click on the fast learner box you get an extra 30 points (just an example)? Or do you randomly get points with the fast learner being the ultimate, for example you get 1-100 points but if you click on the fast learner box you automatically get 100.

You are randomly assigned a number between 1 and 150. If you select the fast learner trait (or any other -- it works the same for all of them), you get a 30-point bonus to that number, with a max of 150. So, if your random draw was 50, with fast learner you would end up with 80. If it was 130, you would end up with 150.

You are randomly assigned a number between 1 and 150. If you select the fast learner trait (or any other -- it works the same for all of them), you get a 30-point bonus to that number, with a max of 150. So, if your random draw was 50, with fast learner you would end up with 80. If it was 130, you would end up with 150.

Ahh so that it was the first theory, thanks man!

• 3 weeks later...

ok, so it took my 22 year old about 7 sessions with classes never more then 5, usually around 3-4, to pop from feeble -- to mediocre. Is that about average, slow, fast? Still just trying to get a sense of what is normal.

I think that's pretty average for a 22 year old. They train significantly slower.

Thank you for the reply. How fast should an 18 year old learn on average?

I have 2 guys sparring the same thing, at the same level, in the same gym, improving at the same rate, one is 22 one is 18. I don't know if one is dumb or if one is smart, or both. Went from useless-- to abysmal + in 8 sparring sessions.

Thank you for the reply. How fast should an 18 year old learn on average?

I have 2 guys sparring the same thing, at the same level, in the same gym, improving at the same rate, one is 22 one is 18. I don't know if one is dumb or if one is smart, or both. Went from useless-- to abysmal + in 8 sparring sessions.

that 18 year old is between average and dumb, depending on the energy level he was at when training, how good his sparring partners were, his morale, and the condition of the gym. personally, i'd probably drop him. i have an 18 year old that went from useless-- to abysmal+ MT in 3 sessions (however, he also did 1 session of kicks, 1 elbows, 2 knees, and 2 clinchwork)

What about the 22 year old? Thats pretty normal for them?

I have a couple other 18 y/o's that took about 5 sessions for the same thing, useless-- to abysmal +

Thanks for the replies, i appreciate the help. Just trying to figure out who's worth keeping and who's not before i waste months on them.

Do you find you or most ppl keep only the smart figthers? Or only drop the ones that are pretty dumb