Possibly starting an org.

kdmh74

Hey guys.

I've been away from the game a while (a GOOD while). Surprised at how much I've forgotten about the game. I was thinking of coming back and starting an organization. It would be an ID restricted org, starting at the bottom cant even remember what that was, 280???. I will obviously get to grips with things once I get back into the game, once I do, Ill look to start the org. Id just like to know how much time I should expect to put into it, I wouldn't want to mess any managers around by starting up and not putting enough time and effort into it. Cash shouldn't be an issue as long as I can get hold of enough in game cash. I still have about 1.6m in cash, and load of merch from owning a company when I played previously ( which I plan to give out as part of any bonus structure. I also have 3 jets which I would use to help fighters who may need to travel (is travel still a thing?) I don't plan on managing any fighters myself either, maybe 1 or 2 at the most Any advice would be greatly appreciated guys.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome back Kris.

Some, hopefully good, advice from another player who returned recently.

TRAVEL IS GONE :) Any fighters you sign will make fights with no penalty regardless of where they are located. Jets are of no use, except for laundering fighter money.

You should start your org at a key point in the fighter ID sequence (in case you've forgotten this). I think new fighters right now are at about 384000. You could go for a '385000 ID restricted', but I think you might be wiser to wait and start up when 390000 comes around. When an ID point comes everybody starts making fighters and it is a lot easier to get signatures, but there's often a delay as most people make 18 year olds that they won't want to fight immediately.

My experience of org ownership is that the key to success is to log in every day and keep up with messages from your managers. It's not there there will be hours of work to do, but you need to be on the ball. If you can log in almost every day and  keep up, it will be fine. This is true before and after you have populated the ranks with fighters. (You'll be busy trying to sign people at first, then later you will have matchmaking and events to manage).

Start small with minimal events per month. Concentrate on signing from active VIP managers. - Nothing looks worse than a roster full of inactive fighters. You should be flexible with managers and cater to their requirements. You can offer one-fight test contracts that have no penalty if the manager decides to cut, and follow up with contracts that allow young fighters to concentrate on training, only fighting monthly (preferably amongst themselves). Meanwhile you can get the ball rolling with any 25 year olds you can sign to fight immediately. If you time it right, a few months later the young fighters can start to take on the less successful 25 year olds. Eventually you can match by hype/pop regardless of age. At this stage, I remember getting some managers who wanted to pick their matches, refusing fair fights. I dealt with this by simply sacking them and letting them go to be a problem for some other org owner.

Ultimately you are in control of how much time is needed. If you run three divisions and only one event a week, it should be pretty easy. If you fill out every division and have two events a week you will have a lot more to do.

The worst thing you can do is disappear for a week. If this is likely to happen, I would not start an org. Another thing is that it is quite hard to find reliable staff to do matchmaking or anything else regularly for you, so you shouldn't really rely on anyone else. Keep the org at a size you can manage yourself.

You'll probably get some better advice from someone, but these are my opinions.

Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Columbo said:

Welcome back Kris.

Some, hopefully good, advice from another player who returned recently.

TRAVEL IS GONE :) Any fighters you sign will make fights with no penalty regardless of where they are located. Jets are of no use, except for laundering fighter money.

You should start your org at a key point in the fighter ID sequence (in case you've forgotten this). I think new fighters right now are at about 384000. You could go for a '385000 ID restricted', but I think you might be wiser to wait and start up when 390000 comes around. When an ID point comes everybody starts making fighters and it is a lot easier to get signatures, but there's often a delay as most people make 18 year olds that they won't want to fight immediately.

My experience of org ownership is that the key to success is to log in every day and keep up with messages from your managers. It's not there there will be hours of work to do, but you need to be on the ball. If you can log in almost every day and  keep up, it will be fine. This is true before and after you have populated the ranks with fighters. (You'll be busy trying to sign people at first, then later you will have matchmaking and events to manage).

Start small with minimal events per month. Concentrate on signing from active VIP managers. - Nothing looks worse than a roster full of inactive fighters. You should be flexible with managers and cater to their requirements. You can offer one-fight test contracts that have no penalty if the manager decides to cut, and follow up with contracts that allow young fighters to concentrate on training, only fighting monthly (preferably amongst themselves). Meanwhile you can get the ball rolling with any 25 year olds you can sign to fight immediately. If you time it right, a few months later the young fighters can start to take on the less successful 25 year olds. Eventually you can match by hype/pop regardless of age. At this stage, I remember getting some managers who wanted to pick their matches, refusing fair fights. I dealt with this by simply sacking them and letting them go to be a problem for some other org owner.

Ultimately you are in control of how much time is needed. If you run three divisions and only one event a week, it should be pretty easy. If you fill out every division and have two events a week you will have a lot more to do.

The worst thing you can do is disappear for a week. If this is likely to happen, I would not start an org. Another thing is that it is quite hard to find reliable staff to do matchmaking or anything else regularly for you, so you shouldn't really rely on anyone else. Keep the org at a size you can manage yourself.

You'll probably get some better advice from someone, but these are my opinions.

Good luck!

Cheers mate.

Shows how long Ive been away........ID restricted orgs were at 280 when I last played!!! Logging on daily wont be a problem, I was just a bit concerned I may have to spend hours upon hours a day on the game.  Yeah, maybe 3 divisions to start with, could anyone say what would be the 3 most popular/populated divisions are. Dont mean to ask silly questions like, but just trying to get as much info before i Jump in.