CHOKE Presents Rising Tour Volume 1

Setsuna

http://i39.tinypic.com/ih5ueu.jpg

CHOKE Pancration is pleased to announce its debut card- Rising Tour Vol. 1 on Sunday, April 26th, 2009.

CHOKE has amassed some of the best un-signed talent in Tokyo, who will all be making their debuts this Sunday.

Benihana Elite Gym's Angus "Haggis" McTavish will take on Octagon Warrior's fighter Masato "Steam Engine" Takaya in a 135 lb fight. CHOKE has made it no secret they want their 135 lb division to be the best in Japan.

In other marquee fights, Tai "Kenta" Sane will face off with Kazuya Takeshi in the debut of the CHOKE 155 lb division.

Also, local 170lb and 180 lb talent will be involved, including : Junichi Takahara, Yuki Noshikawa, Iwao Kawakami, Takayuki Okubo and Hishimoto Matsuko.

As if that's not enough, Rumble Fighting Championships have agreed to send over a heavyweight prospect in George "The Beast" Hagler to meet up with Japanese behemoth DANGER Takeshi.

CHOKE President James Jerryson made it clear from the beginning he was interested in picking up the best 170 lb to 135 lb fighters in Japan. Although CHOKE had to expand to a few more weight divisions, James Jerryson has asked it to be made clear that the Heavyweight and Light Heavyweight Divisions are temporary only.

**Thanks to Boondock for the poster**

nice poster. i like the style and that you focus on smaller weight-classes. let PRIDE have the big guys and you become the succesfull version of Shooto :). good luck.

my fighter Tai Sane is fighting at the event. i told him "no, you are not ready yet. you have to train more to get in there". but he didnt listen, so hopefully hes gonne get his butt handed to him :D.

Yeah, I really wanted to go the SHOOTO route, but I have had a hard time signing up 135-155 lb fighters. My 155 lb division is starting off well, 135 is still a bit thin so far. I really want more guys for that division.

The 205 lb division is actually the strongest one, I'll probably keep it around for a month or two, but I'll just let the heavyweights run their contracts out and go on to better things.

Not only do I make CHOKE's posters... I think the management is legit and headed for bigger stadiums.

This guy will make bank.

???FOR WHO YOU ASK???

For himself.

For me.

For you.

That's the best part about a successful business model... everyone prospers. ESPECIALLY the fans.

The jury's still out on that one, I made some questionable decisions early on trying to fill up my roster. I'm at a decent level now, so I can afford to be more selective, but it was tough for the first while. I'll see how I do on my first show, but I'm not expecting to get rich. As long as I can break-even, or have a small, insubstantial loss, then I'd be happy.

I would like to go over my business model. Every organisation in Japan is relying on a gimmick. One's got a HW Tournament, another has a reality show, and the last one runs 3 X 10 min rounds in a cage.

At CHOKE, we don't want any of that. We keep it simple. No tournaments, they're not necessary. We're not planning on handing out a title to a 3-0 fighter anyway, so what's the point of a tournament? Reality shows? C'mon! And 3 X 10 min. rounds?

We want to actively promote our own fighters, especially the light weights and Japanese fighters. That doesn't mean if you're a non-Japanese fighter we won't push you, it means we'll probably put you up against a ton of Japanese fighters. This show itself is a good example, Angus McTavish is seen as a rising star in CHOKE. So he's matched up against Masato Takaya.

We may try to bring in a couple established stars, but that's not our long-term business plan. We want to keep our own fighters satisfied, and build up our fighters that way.

All fights, including title fights, will be 3 X 5 min. rounds, judged round by round. Titles must be defended every 45 days ( Real-Time ) or they will be stripped.

We're not opposed to non-exclusive contracts, even for our (future ) champions, as long as the fighter fulfills his commitments to CHOKE.

I think that's about it. We're still looking for guys, 135 and 155 especially. I'll give you a good offer if you're a regular player, inactive members are killing me.

you do have a gimmick ... concentrating on the leighter weight-classes. i thinks its neccesary to have somewhat of a gimmick, to be interesting for the fighters and the audience. and not everybody can have the gimmick of "we the best fighting championchips-ahhh ever" u know ;).

will the fights be in a cage or ring? ring, right? Shooto-style :).

if you are scrambling to put a fight together last minute you can give me a call, id sacrifice my last fighter-spot for you. my hearts with Japan, allthough i try to rock Vegas :).