One of the youth leaders at my church was trying to tell me that MMA was Satanic

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pauliedanger, you still don't seem to understand how it works. You can't act like freedom of religion means people have to respect what you believe. Calling for freedom of religion but at the same time saying that there are bounds of reason when it comes to exercizing freedom of speech is about as hypocritical as it gets.

And just like you have the right to act like an idiot and believe in talking snakes. I have the right to joke about it. If you don't like what I say than that's your problem, just like it is my problem when I don't like what you believe. I don't feel like an asshole demanding some common sense from other people, just like you don't feel like an idiot by believing in talking snakes.

And please don't act like you are protecting somebody else when it's clearly you who feels offended.

First of all, my beliefs being idiotic is a matter of opinion. But showing respect for one another is common courtesy. You, are just acting like a prick. Its unnecessary. You can talk down to me all you want. I'm a 30 year old man, I'm the man I'm going to be. Your little rude comments aren't going to change what I believe.

But, what I'm trying to say is, that you have the right to believe what you want, just like we do. And we all have the freedom to express our opinions. But to be rude, and disrespectful to other people is not appreciated, warranted, or called for. You want to challenge what Christians believe, fine. Make an argument, state your case. But by making fun of people who believe in a god, your no better than some small minded little prick making a racial joke. Good for a cheap laugh, but still makes you look like a jerk off. And for me, common sense excludes some basic tenets of atheism. So where's your common sense argument?

And I don't think I'm being hypocritical, because you do have the freedom to express yourself. But there are socially acceptable limits. Being an asshole and just insulting someone, most people would agree, is out of bounds. If someone opens up the topic, "Here's what I believe and why", go ahead and express yourself all you want. But, and you'll figure this out as you get older, there are times when you should just shut the fuck up. Its called courtesy.

You have the right to say what you want to say. And I have the right to think it makes you a complete asshole and tell you to shut up about it. So where do our mutually exclusive rights meet? Where does your freedom of expression start to impede on my freedom of religion and vice versa? It is a two way street. You can't possibly believe your the only one who's rights matter. I don't know, listening to you, you just might be that egotistic. But I think that if someone had gone in to some random topic and started evangelizing, that would be uncalled for. You just don't start evangelizing at random. That's my freedom of religion & expression not impeding on yours. So the opposite would be true. For you to come into this topic and start insulting people, and belittling them for their beliefs is your freedom of expression impeding on mine.

The bottom line is, we all have the same rights and freedoms, but we don't have the right to step on other people's rights. And that's what your doing. So show people the same respect your given, or continue to be a piece of shit. Either way, your opinions matter for about zero to me. So keep wasting your time.

Pauliedanger, you still don't seem to understand how it works. You can't act like freedom of religion means people have to respect what you believe. Calling for freedom of religion but at the same time saying that there are bounds of reason when it comes to exercizing freedom of speech is about as hypocritical as it gets.

And just like you have the right to act like an idiot and believe in talking snakes. I have the right to joke about it. If you don't like what I say than that's your problem, just like it is my problem when I don't like what you believe. I don't feel like an asshole demanding some common sense from other people, just like you don't feel like an idiot by believing in talking snakes.

And please don't act like you are protecting somebody else when it's clearly you who feels offended.

Your preaching what you believe as right and ridiculing what anyone else believes as stupid which makes you as bad as the overbearing religious types you are criticizing - your doing the same thing.

Anyway, as soon as religion gets mentioned this is what happens, the age old arguments....maybe this thread should just close now as it's way off original topic.

The bottom line is, we all have the same rights and freedoms, but we don't have the right to step on other people's rights. And that's what your doing. So show people the same respect your given, or continue to be a piece of shit. Either way, your opinions matter for about zero to me. So keep wasting your time.

No I'm not stepping on anybodies rights. Neither you or NoX81 seem to understand where freedom of speech and religion come from, their meaning or importance.

Freedom of religion means that your government can't prosecute you for your beliefs. For example together with freedom of speech it would prevent a Christian nation from prosecuting heretics and suppressing criticism (see Spanish inquisition). Those rights are given to prevent censorship. So it's pretty ironic that you try to shut me up by saying that I'm stepping on your rights.

I'm done repeating myself from now on. You guys remind me of the violence after those Danish Muhammad cartoons. Scary...

Well just what we needed another fanatic asshole who supports his opinions with the religion.

At pauliedanger; I know that steeve can be an asshole in his way of expressing his opinions, but he is in his right to be an asshole, being polite is not necessary. The freedom of speech allows you to say whatever you fucking want the way you want. And stop losing your time trying to make him a little more polite, no matter what you say he is not going to change his personality, as you are not going to change your beliefs.

“Maturity is the art of living in peace with that which we cannot change, the courage to change that which should be changed - and the wisdom to know the difference.”

Theres nothing wrong with believeing in a god it gives people hope but there people that have to judge people for what they believe in thats not right and evolution is just 1 part of the new science advances did you know there was water on the moon? did the bible say anything about this the bible only talks about stories about people doing the right thing that you should try to be like those people that do those things. its not a book that you should hoover around and think its amazing and stuff its like the first ever how to book if we did this now it would be like worshipping a how to do math for dummies. and you never know we just learned now that theres water on the moon and ice on mars theres going to be life out there somewhere we all know this we just dont have the ships to vist them.

i'm going to send you a new keyboard, because your period and comma button appear to be broken :sad01_anim: