AFL Fight Festival Write ups

Manic

AllstarFL’s First Fight Festival Tournament Announcement:

7uyVKMxkSBD63tdY-Jc7-pK8RotOZgnKUXWy4h9RTG0gGSOg1hChV0mgZPA4l_gbK1BltTrgXkBV2bDxIb41ZsrtEejH5zyGBpV_wkqSDaY4ZiH7rXhxlGVUofHHgTbxg1hXrDp-CcZJnJJIbjaBHZ0qwcE5q9-JgQ7xULN65qnelXBrUIahI7OPK5IV6w

Mae Joon:

Greetings Allstar fans and acquaintances! I’m Mae Joon here with my co-host Julian Wallace, to announce the first Allstar Fighting League Fight Festival Tournament! Woo, that is a mouthful to say. I will now pass it over to Julian to announce the theme of the tournament!

Julian Wallace:

The theme of our first Fight Festival Tournament will be-

Mae Joon:

DRUMROLL! *Mae begins drum rolling on the table in front of them*

Julian Wallace:

Strikers vs Grapplers.

NzlaMDICDV6IUGyGuU_maftSdtZt2orvcqRLqMknaRUVhtfrZdkzlniNxno2dNtoz4q9Q9Swx7PcgVhO5p65kajKxrcVAQaaN-5vQ8hQsI0dsjGv15Xp5Z9fWRIWd4z01QAi2uXUSmW41rksodR56fOzcrHmvJpslcSe6HFCALqGb48RbBrbzHCO2_j2Zw

Mae Joon:

Woo! Very exciting! Let's take a look at the teams!

gShWP7fRap3LxxuHP35CBcl2KEXb3uXiDYp_PW4YAe0dmc9abJ_PERZ3V5H-LCfAt3VxlA0LbD4Ej8188PMfc49sKrm0fmUhbQ-KGec2lomDyZy7IL7W-ul881aWOLSUxqVtMu7b9fo4uDHMBp1rq0eivGKQsgv7gZfsza78YxfPuRZ5cnnKYeFSjyPT_A

Mae Joon:

This looks like a crazy bunch! Which team will you be supporting Julian?

Julian Wallace:

Well seeing as I’m a former KT champion, I’m going to have to support the strikers.

Mae Joon:

Of course, makes sense, and seeing as I made it to the final at the TWGC, I’m going to have to support the grapplers!

Julian Wallace:

Are you talking about the final you lost 1 minute in?

Mae Joon:

Don’t try starting anything, you lost your belt in less than 30 seconds.

Julian Wallace:

Okay, moving on, how does this tournament work?

Mae Joon:

Well, this will go as normal tournaments go, make your way through the bracket by winning your fights. There will also be a loser's bracket, giving fighters a chance to avenge themselves if they lose. Fighters who lose and end up in the loser's bracket will have almost a separate tournament, and whoever wins this tournament will get a fight against the winner of the winner's bracket tournament for the grand final. It's hard to explain, but if you don’t understand what I mean you can probably search it up and get a better explanation. 

I will now pass it to Julian to explain the team part of the tournament.

Julian Wallace:

Every win you get in the winner's bracket gains 5 points for your team, while every win in the loser's bracket will gain 3 points for your team. There will also be a special extra striker vs grappler fight every event, which will not be part of the actual tournament, but whoever wins that fight gains 10 points for the team they represent.

Mae Joon:

And what are they competing for?

Julian Wallace:

$100,000 and a trophy.

Mae Joon:

Wowee! Now I wish I was competing!

Julian Wallace:

Ha! They’d tear you to shreds, you’re not fit to step in the cage anytime soon.

Mae Joon:

Well, that's funny, because the first extra special fight will be between me and you!

Julian Wallace:

Wait what?

Mae Joon:

That’s right! The first fight will be Mae Joon vs Julian Wallace unless you’re too scared of course.

Julian Wallace:

But I’m retired, and I’m about to turn 50. We can't fight.

Mae Joon:

Well, Allstar fans, it seems like Julian Is way too scared to fight, there will be no extra special fight for the first event, and we now know who the toughest host is.

Julian Wallace:

Alright fine! But you’ll regret picking a fight with me.

Mae Joon:

Well, that's all we have today! Make sure you buy tickets to watch our first event and watch me kick this old man's ass!

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

AllstarFL’s Fight Festival Tournament Announcement:

jxOCPviCWRDoYSFz71K4D784jWXJvzQ76zumVzWsOVYsyCiP2omCHcqme2LGLLx7dnNsDxQ3PgrGCM5SjnKXgVHkh13TvFD8mZg3DSuQrNK4sGXH3Quky6hRsFjhvgQPhDyWFx-UkBsu0mzGiLP_L7pt2YJkkgUmvP6H-NlLg7WlnH-70cKHpxSNH3RtiA

Mae Joon:

Greetings Allstar fans and acquaintances! I’m Mae Joon!

Julian Wallace:

And I’m Julian.

Mae Joon:

And we’re here to take a look at the results and announce the current team scores!

Julian Wallace:

So let's take a look at how our first round went.

l5vIqN3z7XXjfhlUDSzXrNh0N5A7xvu2EA05AEGuxHoUnO_DnBFFJJ1yg-5KR7U1Q9y9rXm3CpdUWS2jYPACfoT2reb73UR3h0eLtiKdIUPTV2e6B_WJOSN3ZPa7YRJweCgRDFOs6wnn-84508omR3Mt-AY3dlrRtPo8pXq8W54TykezYvz5fJI1h147Tg

Mae Joon:

Ooh, some very interesting results in our first round!

Julian Wallace:

I’m Interested in the fight that lasted only 16 seconds

Mae Joon:

Eh, let's ignore that one…

Julian Wallace:

With these results, I can confirm that the score is currently:

(S)25 - (G)25

Mae Joon:

What!? We’re tied up!?

Julian Wallace:

Currently tied but remember, more grapplers made it through to the 2nd round of the winner's bracket, meaning they can gain more points than the strikers who are stuck in the loser's bracket.

Mae Joon:

Speaking of brackets, let's take a look at the current tournament bracket!

THas6OZpDQby4eri4HIhn0mmc_nOR48PBWAjMBxw0i0OuvxyX-a0-6q9BZhHNI4tR13shRWDdWrp1ymB1VOjAAnYK_0o9JejQ19pBXc44V0iKQeoJuesvNjDxBV6TiSC_Jvv8S1wqlxj29fvACNdYJWeClYz1OCI9ZMD-_-tavQSEe6QHc6tQljwjk3juA

Mae Joon:

Some very interesting matchups! And if you lost, remember, you still have that 2nd chance in the loser's bracket!

Julian Wallace:

Absolutely, if you lost your first fight you can still win the tournament if you put in enough work.

Mae Joon:

Now it's time for our final announcement!

Julian Wallace:

We will now induct our favourites to win the tournament.

Mae Joon:

This means that me and Julian will choose from our teams who we believe will win the tournament!

Julian Wallace:

Whoever this fighter is will gain double the points they would get for every win.

Mae Joon:

But if you beat this fighter, and you’re on the opposing team, you will gain 30 points!

Julian Wallace:

So Mae who are you choosing?

Mae Joon:

I was originally thinking about Boryenka Stepanov, but I believe if he got to the final against Patamon Pallaton, Patamon would submit him and win. So I’m going with Patamon to win this tournament.

What about you Julian? Who are you choosing?

Julian Wallace:

I really think the best striker is Kurou Nishiyama, but that would mean the 2 favourites would fight, and I don't know if I trust Kurou’s takedown defense enough to risk Patamon winning and gaining 60 points. So I’m going with Marcus Greene and hoping he does alright.

Mae Joon:

You’re basically admitting you think Patamon will win this entire tournament.

Julian Wallace:

No, I just don’t want to take any risks.

Mae Joon:

Well, that's all we have today, make sure you buy tickets to watch the 2nd round of FFT Strikers vs Grapplers! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

RrujY1QdXu5TWcz662eI1He5ijKcuVu_YKF-15NdzChGhkapZjGnp_oPgiBnv3G9t2cqj8KR2boN75zsCsmOewx0gsZA4Mri1ol26wNFHG_T0F92vxEX1_zLMX5iQnrooaAKsXIOk33Cf_8nqhQ6NIs

Mae Joon:

Julian Wallace:

And I’m Julian.

Mae Joon:

And we’re here to take a look at the results and announce the current team scores!

Julian Wallace:

So let's take a look at how our second round went.

DdtfXKGV4u8n5hQBu3R3bc0LualPGTyGG-0QdbRCDp8CSlFyxFKgmqrmlecc4Q3nXf-PJEQuZWrM0JJzOhG3vXEm2YLDvvRC07W4VvvnjPpLz1gzV6EQKZLzx-cHwfCezi-SYK2QSFWnZ3v5gyyL5yI

Mae Joon:

KO/TKO’s across the board!

Julian Wallace:

With these results, I can confirm that the score is now:

(S)57 - (G)45

Mae Joon:

What!? We’re losing!? We need our grappling representatives in the extra fights to be better, if it weren’t for them getting pummeled we’d be in the lead!

Julian Wallace:

Speaking of extra fights, due to fighters being eliminated, we will have extra fights that take place in the event, that have nothing to do with the tournament. This is for our ratings and to make sure you, the viewers, can still watch a high number of amazing fights.

Mae Joon:

So everything is clear, the actual extra special grapplers vs strikers fight, that will affect the tournament, will be Rikkard Hanson vs Uestus Johnson!

Julian Wallace:

Moving on now, let's take a look at the current bracket.

5oRHWtJ866y0SZ3O7AZ89JIzXJcNPuJ5xqtY2m_mquitMUHE7Ie9ZRqcXre8gD8Q4NytTgZmF4vgkh03jaaeefv6L3Ct78TZlYQyUy9ykNXSUAz0fIkGjMo4tMoHnLrt5yFgRpQ7Uh4YSf62ldDAJDg

Mae Joon:

Only 4 fighters left in the winner's bracket, and some very close matchups in terms of skill!

Julian Wallace:

Don’t forget about the loser's bracket, any of them can make it back and possibly win the entire tournament.

Mae Joon:

Very true, as long as they’re improving and not running into any old opponents.

Julian Wallace:

Well, that's all we have today, make sure you buy tickets to watch the 3rd round of FFT Strikers vs Grapplers.

• Upvote 1

Quick Announcement:

NEsmWVR4vOz25rkRD3KtLaKaFRn9lsWe-SLJYQ9E8z1X3N2qwB8q92RXmpJlYL23Fvgprd0sd-H6DForXky3vnQRRgcbTSFvE3NFkiP5fDb5rDE5NwHsxlW029lAa9Tug5wZ266unzjaPNewMrvc1hI

Julian Wallace:

G’day Allstar fans, quick announcement.

I am now officially retiring. I will continue to co-own the Allstar Fighting League, but I will no longer be managing fighters. All of the fighters I manage will now be managed by Mae Joon, who I trust will do well replacing me.

That is all I have to say. Enjoy watching the rest of the tournament unfold, and I’ll see you all at the next tournament announcement.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

l4FkvpbCAvlLQ8vssagXQA8_i_dUTrxF5T2xowwcRsoH_3B3htevtyVYDXB5zFq1l43Hxr9Gjm98AMkxKbjY3wnPeeLmQJs9d7e7BGBFHMThgU5gxHnJ2uPDroBluiGBv-bRHEkXBoFvV_iJSz5LrP8

Mae Joon:

Julian Wallace:

And I’m Julian.

Mae Joon:

Julian Wallace:

So let's take a look at how our third round went.

NtTq6ox6lDqVentmoFjlO0vWAXf13kkS61jYvNq5sZHNn94FgCC90KCUwYajdUB60daCLN_kgwfcN0DqtTQk4apTOaBu4DwG7ywdAJBPf48tyBw0HarBgPNaXC1f--sw3Clb3yUeMBA6ek6mDn-b5Bc

Mae Joon:

Woah! All finishes!

Julian Wallace:

(S)73 - (G)91

Mae Joon:

Yes!! Finally, we’re winning!

Julian Wallace:

Not by too much, we can still come back.

Mae Joon:

You’d have to be extremely lucky to catch up to us now!

Julian Wallace:

Moving on now, let's take a look at the current bracket.

lzce3zdie4CxBZuoFRUViaoFheKHsMu3jKO9lZt_-pkHVjJbIcszMIdkbiJQWHgmHG_x5CVBshcApvGfcY-HNom8wpDjSSXfH5Ji3w336N1Hi1qqAj7hXq6BhGHJ8tVt3rK6SP_8rec1N2O27ILhFP4

Mae Joon:

Only 8 fighters left!

Julian Wallace:

Only a few left now.

Mae Joon:

And so there's no confusion, the extra special grapplers vs strikers will be Ron Austin vs Mario Betiskuda.

Julian Wallace:

Well, that's all we have today, make sure you buy tickets to watch the 4th round of FFT Strikers vs Grapplers.

• 2 weeks later...

mC82FMUMfLxVaDUc6Nh8ZumA_3Pv5se1zvlTjEdlXg7Rz_s_UBlEionW3PL7-E0FHsdAW-DoEflcd3Llof-YRTcoaH2R47Y94hLkQPbWtOGp4AueFwgafzKGU72XTS5uwaGPStdcH_Eoaz1fqlm2V6c

Mae Joon:

Julian Wallace:

And I’m Julian.

Mae Joon:

Julian Wallace:

So let's take a look at how our fourth round went.

z9hI3It0s0iwQnesK3OWsamLhY6_qxsmG5uFZ2FTpRSeanSCWno4QNUihK5Iz5QR1rpX09UwoySyezKz1QVp5-k2PQADQ6tPJWsFiKiiNWg4pkjZzdJDJO_YQ9FsE74DreevZk4O4IZtgx3M1V0Op-A

Mae Joon:

Wow! Some very surprising results! Branko winning a rematch against Loke, and Kurou refusing to fight!

Julian Wallace:

(S)73 - (G)107

Mae Joon:

Holy moly! I’m almost starting to feel bad for you!

Julian Wallace:

You won’t be when we still end up winning.

Mae Joon:

Don’t make me laugh, you have one guy left and he’s in the losers bracket!

Julian Wallace:

Speaking of, let's take a look at the current bracket.

MgFFN38IEPgzTBbWqMScakELARPeQJjq6iZ2HU6sgLdMzPq6FR-ShPIGQEV6U8ZaucekJeDEVz7PcXP_2cxIm-VDEcje4WjzzWgomJleDLisRjL2OW-nFmSHC_VBXOhX45ulA8xk9goAF8BBw6OrCYI

Mae Joon:

Fun fact! This event will be the last time we see a fight where neither fighter has lost in the tournament!

Julian Wallace:

Shows we’re nearing the end.

Mae Joon:

And of course so there's no confusion, the extra special grapplers vs strikers will be between the 2 undefeated rookies, Daniel Johnson vs Iov Kuzmin.

Julian Wallace:

Well, that's all we have today, make sure you buy tickets to watch the 5th round of FFT Strikers vs Grapplers.

• 3 weeks later...

mC82FMUMfLxVaDUc6Nh8ZumA_3Pv5se1zvlTjEdlXg7Rz_s_UBlEionW3PL7-E0FHsdAW-DoEflcd3Llof-YRTcoaH2R47Y94hLkQPbWtOGp4AueFwgafzKGU72XTS5uwaGPStdcH_Eoaz1fqlm2V6c

Mae Joon:

Julian Wallace:

And I’m Julian.

Mae Joon:

Julian Wallace:

So let's take a look at how our fifth round went.

image.png.8917b117391373d90963670fb7b531dc.png

Mae Joon:

Wowee! turns out I was wrong about Stepanov, he showed off his pristine skills!

Julian Wallace:

(S)79 - (G)125

Mae Joon:

Do you just want to give up at this point? No shame in doing so!

Julian Wallace:

Don’t get arrogant, Marcus only needs to win his next 3 fights and the strikers will win.

Mae Joon:

And we only have to win 1!

Julian Wallace:

Moving on, let's take a look at the current bracket. (Read post below)

Marcus Greene ---              

---    _____ ---

Terrell Knight ---                               ---    ______ ---

Patamon Pallaton ---                          --- _____
                                                Boryenka Stepanov ---

Mae Joon:

And of course, so there's no confusion, the extra special grapplers vs strikers will be between the 2 veterans, Admir Bosnik vs Steven Seagal.

Julian Wallace:

Well, that's all we have today, make sure you buy tickets to watch the 5th round of FFT Strikers vs Grapplers.

• 2 weeks later...

IMG-4924-1-1.jpg

Mae Joon:

Julian Wallace:

And I’m Julian.

Mae Joon:

Julian Wallace:

So taking a look at how the event went, I can confirm that the score is now:

(S)85 - (G)135

Mae Joon:

Grapplers are still dominating!

Julian Wallace:

You might think that right now, but If you saw the bracket you would realise that next its Marcus Greene vs Patamon Pallaton, and whoever wins that fights gets 60 points. Making this event, possibly the most important so far in terms of team score.

Mae Joon:

And of course, so there's no confusion, the extra special grapplers vs strikers will be between the 2 veterans, Sonatane Veainu vs Hristo Borisov.

Julian Wallace:

Well, that's all we have today, make sure you buy tickets to watch the 5th round of FFT Strikers vs Grapplers.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

IMG-4924-1-1.jpg

Mae Joon:

Julian Wallace:

And I’m Julian.

Mae Joon:

And we’re here to take a look at the results and announce the final team scores!

Julian Wallace:

Going into this final round the score was:

(S)155 - (G)135

Mae Joon:

We decided not to have an extra special fight as that would risk the final score being tied.

Julian Wallace:

So after the final fight between Marcus and Boryenka, the score is:

Mae Joon:

DRUMROLL! *Mae begins drum rolling on the table in front of them*

Julian Wallace:

(S)155 - (G)165

Mae Joon:

WOOO!!!

Julian Wallace:

The scores were close to the wire, but in the end, the grapplers only just come out on top.

Mae Joon:

Feels great to win! Don’t worry Julian, you did great fighting an uphill battle, but grappling will forever be the superior fight style!

Julian Wallace:

Whatever you say.

Mae Joon:

Well done to Boryenka for winning this tournament filled with killers! The trophy and cash prize have been sent!

Julian Wallace:

Well, that's all we have today, make sure to tune in soon as we will later be announcing the next Fight Festival Tournament.

• Upvote 1

• Manic changed the title to AFL Fight Festival Write ups