ICON Superfight Tournament Smack Talk

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats again to the FIRST EVER ICON GLOBAL CHAMPION NEO NOVA!!!

http://i963.photobucket.com/albums/ae120/macmcnulty/neonovaskin.jpg

Thank u Sir! And what a handsome chap he is! Hopefully more to come and look forward to next defence after some training =)

Here is World Champion Neo Nova's new congratulations video that you can watch on youtube;

It features Nova's new custom skin from Opa Jokinen and his new ICON Global World Championship belt designed by Battou Khan of Hellbent Clothing.

I plan on doing videos for all of ICON's future World Champs , including the winner of tonight Huge Championship bout between featherweights Alex Burkhart and Glenardo Gonzales in Rio to determine ICON's first World Champion at 145.

Good Luck to everyone involved in tonights event.

updated brackets today

Congratulations to all the fighters in Rio's Superfight. ICON Superfight 6 was not only a record breaker for ICON - It was a record breaker for the city of Rio as well. The 193 event rating propelled Kings of Rio to 5th in the world and 1st in the city. Wow! These Superfight Events keep getting better!

Congratulations also to LA's Alex ' The Russian Rocket ' Burkhart. ICON's New Featherweight World Champion.

Burkhart has fought at 135 primarily and took the chance to fight at the heavier 145 division as a last minute entry into the ICON Superfight Tourny when another fighter was faced with injury.

Alex took full advantage of the opportunity - fought the opening round against LA's reigning FW champ and won in a five round war - another 5 round war in the semis against CFL fighter Sergei Sabotka which he won, and the toughest test was yet to come. Burkhart faced the Kings of Rio representative, veteran Glenardo Gonzales, in front of 16,000 wild Brazilian fans who were ready to erupt as this bout began. Alex silenced the crowd and stunned the world landing over 150 strikes and again wins in a 5 round war.

Throughout the tournament - Burkhart never lost a round, and landed over 400 stikes to his opponents head and body - all in three fights!!

Will anyone be able to take this guy on?

We'll find out soon enough - The ICON Featherweight Tournament begins again on Feb 13th in Tokyo - Bullet Bookem has agreed to represent the New Era Assassins -

Are there others brave enough to try?

PM Mac McNulty in game if you think you have what it takes to be an ICON World Champion.

Proud to be the first guy Neo Nova ko'd on his path to glory :)

Good luck, definitely think he's the top BW.

Hope to rematch eventually.

haha thx ;) and im sure we will one day! =)

Congratulations Alex Burkhart!

Jan 30th is a big day for Warriors FC. We have Emile Hainesburg in the lightweight Superfight finale, Lei Wulong in the middleweight semi-finals and Bjorn Kjellstrom in the heavyweight opening round. And we can't forget about Harley Reyes and Krayzor Windfather who both progressed to the second round of the LHW Superfight. I'd like to say how proud I am of all the Warriors FC entrants into these superfights. Great work guys!

Just a quick post to again congratulate ICON Global Featherweight Champion Alex Burkhart -

and to show off his new custom skin and

Way to go Champ!

http://i963.photobucket.com/albums/ae120/macmcnulty/alexburhartskin.jpg

Benjamin creates a bit of space for himself and rocks Targaryen with a big uppercut! Targaryen tries to clinch up but Benjamin pushes him back against the cage

and lands another moster strike that crumples Targaryen to the mat! Targaryen covers up and Benjamin unloads with more strikes until the referee steps in to end the bout!

Ladies and gentlemen, after 0:33 of round 1, we have a winner by way of TKO (Punches). Judah Benjamin!

Judah Benjamin retains his NEFC heavyweight title!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Judah"The Lion of God" Benjamin: Everything happens for a reason. I have no doubt of this. I started in the NEFC as a nobody and I left as its most

dominate champion. I'm glad ICON swallowed the company when it did, because there was nobody left to present a challenge. There is also another blessing to have

the NEFC absorbed into ICON: My first fight will be against David Paul, for the ICON N.E.A Heavyweight championship.

ICON is a reputable organization. It had many talented fighters amongst their ranks. Which begs me to ask the question: How does a mediocre fighter, like David Paul,

have a title? You don't have the power to stop me. You don't have the skills contain me. The truth of the matter is, you were blessed with good match ups in a division

populated, either by fighters too young to oppose you, or by punching bags, like Buzz Sawyer. Your reign is over, David Paul. On February 20th, G-D will see to it that

my hand is raised and that gold is decorated around my waist.

Shercat Online correspondent, Josh Wilcox, is in Los Angeles to see the next round of the ICON Superfights tournament, and caught up with ICON Warriors FC fighters Zvonimir Stelian and Harley Reyes ahead of their upcoming bouts. Stelian will be facing Yura Noobert in the finals of the welterweight division, while Reyes will take on fellow ICON Warriors FC standout Krayzor Windfather in the second round of the light-heavyweight division.

Zvonimir Stelian - No Easy Fights

Josh Wilcox - "Z-Von - give us your thoughts on facing Noobert in the finals..."

Zvonimir Stelian - "I'm excited, man! I get to face another top fighter, and have a chance at an ICON World Title. Life's good!"

JW - "Are you comfortable with the matchup? What problems do you think Yura's going to present for you?"

ZS - "Comfortable? Who wants to be comfortable? Ha-ha-ha - I've said it before, I don't want easy fights. When my career is done, I want to be able to say that I've been in there with the best in the game. Noobert's #25 P4P right now, so I definitely think he qualifies!"

JW - "OK - how do you see the fight going?"

ZS - "Who knows, man - it's a fight! Seriously, though, Yura's a really, really balanced fighter. In theory, he's a better wrestler than me, but other than that we're pretty even. I have a feeling he's going to be looking to knock my head off, rather than take me down and go for a submission. It's not the smartest gameplan for him, but it sure will make for a spectacular fight."

JW - "Any predictions?"

ZS - "No matter how it goes, it's not going the distance. I've never gone to a decision in my career. You could say I'm more of a 'blaze of glory' kind of guy - I'm always going for the finish, and sometimes that leaves you open to BE finished. One of us is going down, either by knockout or tapout, it doesn't matter."

The Texas Twister Touches Down in LA

Josh Wilcox - "Harley, any predictions for your fight against Windfather?"

Harley Reyes - "Nope." (smiles)

JW - "Oookay - so no idea how this one's going to go?"

HR - "It's going to be a hard fight, that's how it's going to go. Krayzor's a big boy, you know? I'm going to be giving up 20 pounds and about 10 cm reach, so I'm going to have to get creative."

JW - "Any second thoughts about stepping up to light heavy for this tournament? You're used to fighting smaller guys at 185."

HR - "No regrets. I wanted a challenge, and I wanted to represent ICON Warriors FC. Wulong was already signed up for the middleweight tourney, so I thought why not? I was going to be waiting a while to fight him for the Warriors middleweight title anyway."

JW - "How do you feel about going up against another ICON Warriors FC fighter in Windfather?"

HR - "Ya know, I really wish we were on opposite sides of the bracket. It would have been great to have two Warriors guys facing off in the finals, but it is what it is. If he wins, I'll be rooting for him in the finals, and if I win, hopefully it'll be the same for him."

JW - "So what's the gameplan? Can you beat him?"

HR - "Absolutely, I can. I have the tools, and I think we have a good plan, but you can't get around the size difference. He's going to be a handful wherever - standing up, on the ground, it's going to be a real challenge. Can I beat him? Yes, if I execute the perfect gameplan perfectly. Only problem is, that leaves a lot of room for stuff to happen! Whatever, man. It's going to be fun no matter what!"

Josh Wilcox - Shercat Online