A Message to Nutrition Companies

If you reread my first posts, I'm actually talking about opening up the competition, not shutting it down. My call to raise prices...more importantly have them reflect the quality of a particular product...is aimed at enabling more managers to succeed in this endeavor.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you reread my first posts, I'm actually talking about opening up the competition, not shutting it down. My call to raise prices...more importantly have them reflect the quality of a particular product...is aimed at enabling more managers to succeed in this endeavor.

Yeah, I know. My point being that having owners get together and agree to raise prices is illegal in the real world, and while it's not necessarily a bad thing, it would be more efficient to just have a change in the world things are run.

um, companies do that every day, it's called a golf meeting. Nothing makes you feel better than playing golf at some ritzy ass country club, talking about how many percentage points we can get away with, and trying it, and getting away with it. It's like pure profit gambling, it's way too addictive, and fun.

Yeah, I know. My point being that having owners get together and agree to raise prices is illegal in the real world, and while it's not necessarily a bad thing, it would be more efficient to just have a change in the world things are run.

I agree that things should be altered at the top, but until then I see no need for people to basically clusterfuck what we have going now...that's all I'm trying to say.

um, companies do that every day, it's called a golf meeting. Nothing makes you feel better than playing golf at some ritzy ass country club, talking about how many percentage points we can get away with, and trying it, and getting away with it. It's like pure profit gambling, it's way too addictive, and fun.

Don't forget Strip Clubs, which coincidentally can be addictive and fun as well...not to mention a gamble depending on the establishment. :shades:

This guy just doesn't get it....his input at this point is irrelevant...quit responding to his incoherent ramblings because it's just a waste of time and he'll just keep spouting out the same old stuff and nothing will get done.

iloveme8...you're out...keep your opinion to yourself...you're not helping and just starting crap. Your opinion is no longer welcome here, we're trying to do business and you're just playing the turd in the punchbowl game...go do that somewhere else please, it's getting old. This thread is to help ALL Nutrition Companies and if you don't want to contribute go be a pain in the ass somewhere else.

Raising the prices is all fine and good for the nutrition companies but what about the n00bies who are currently getting 100+ sups for ten dollars? You guys seem to be way too focused on how effects the companies when you should focus on how it effects the fighters.

Is it ok to pay $600 in gym fees a week for the best gyms, but you think it's outrageous to pay $200 for a two week supply of the best supplements in the game?

Raising the prices is all fine and good for the nutrition companies but what about the n00bies who are currently getting 100+ sups for ten dollars? You guys seem to be way too focused on how effects the companies when you should focus on how it effects the fighters.

Okay see, first up, 100 quality supps will always be priced low. Hell, 130-145 quality will always be like $10 or $20 or something.

Secondly, just think of this scenario. Say you have 10 supp companies right now who can provide top supps.

If one starts selling 156 for $20, he makes like 40-50k a week depending on other costs. That means he takes about 4 months to break even. Due to the general nature of things, his competitors will also end up doing the same. That basically means everything will become really cheap! But where's the downside? Here's the problem. If people earn that little, they'll never be able to get the next level of supps. If HBK/Rollins had kept the prices at $20 or even $50 back then, you would never have seen 152. Then subsequently, you would never have seen 156 or 159. What will happen is that supps will have no returns and no advancement and most of the big companies will close and newer companies won't be able to afford the research for good supps anyway.

So thats why, at every point in the game, supps should be priced right. Obviously, these are just my opinions and obviously, competition SHOULD exist by the way of sales or prices just a little lower/higher than others and all that. At this point I personally would give the rough prices at something like:

159 - $300

158 - $225

156 - $150

... and so on.

Now, if someone released 160, everything should go a level down, just to maintain the balance in the game.

I hope you get the gist of what I was saying.

2 things:

1. The product is worth every penny of the $200, and still represents fantastic value for money. To be honest, I thought Tats was a couple wrenches short of a toolbox for selling it cheaper. All three of the Silverback range are top end products, but still way short of top end prices.

2. Tats is obscenely generous in his support of his partners, my gym, and his loyal customers. Munificent, even :graduated:

I've been advertising White Gorilla through my gym for a while now, and am happy to recommend the products and owner as first rate.

Okay see, first up, 100 quality supps will always be priced low. Hell, 130-145 quality will always be like $10 or $20 or something.

Secondly, just think of this scenario. Say you have 10 supp companies right now who can provide top supps.

If one starts selling 156 for $20, he makes like 40-50k a week depending on other costs. That means he takes about 4 months to break even. Due to the general nature of things, his competitors will also end up doing the same. That basically means everything will become really cheap! But where's the downside? Here's the problem. If people earn that little, they'll never be able to get the next level of supps. If HBK/Rollins had kept the prices at $20 or even $50 back then, you would never have seen 152. Then subsequently, you would never have seen 156 or 159. What will happen is that supps will have no returns and no advancement and most of the big companies will close and newer companies won't be able to afford the research for good supps anyway.

So thats why, at every point in the game, supps should be priced right. Obviously, these are just my opinions and obviously, competition SHOULD exist by the way of sales or prices just a little lower/higher than others and all that. At this point I personally would give the rough prices at something like:

159 - $300

158 - $225

156 - $150

... and so on.

Now, if someone released 160, everything should go a level down, just to maintain the balance in the game.

I hope you get the gist of what I was saying.

Good post, well put.

What about the n00bs?

Let them buy the 10 buck supps.

As they develop, they'll buy better supps. It's how most of us have progressed.

Yeah it can be tough at first, but stick with it and you'll soon be rolling in dough.

My dad created 3 major cans with his first few fighters. Too heavy, too tall, too slow, too unfit etc. Now, a little while on, even he is winning some fights and getting some nice dollars coming in.

As time passes, fighters generate more and more income, with not a whole lot to spend it on.

If you stick with it, you'll soon be at the point where $200 for a supp is a snip.

iloveme8...you're out...keep your opinion to yourself...you're not helping and just starting crap. Your opinion is no longer welcome here, we're trying to do business and you're just playing the turd in the punchbowl game...go do that somewhere else please, it's getting old. This thread is to help ALL Nutrition Companies and if you don't want to contribute go be a pain in the ass somewhere else.

I'm really not trying to be a pain or a turd in the punchbowl, or start anything, for that matter. Sorry if I got a little off track or appeared annoying or anything. I would just like to see this problem discussed extensively with Mike rather than among nutrition company owners. That's really all I'm saying.

I'm really not trying to be a pain or a turd in the punchbowl, or start anything, for that matter. Sorry if I got a little off track or appeared annoying or anything. I would just like to see this problem discussed extensively with Mike rather than among nutrition company owners. That's really all I'm saying.

well the game relies on input from people that actually run the companies -- believe me mike is reading this and soaking it all in -- but as i state its the owners of the companies that need to discuss things also

If HBK/Rollins had kept the prices at $20 or even $50 back then, you would never have seen 152.

This right here sums it up perfectly. When I got my company turned around, these two gents actually encouraged me...an up and comer...even though I was soon to be their "rival". They could have easily shut everyone down a long time ago, but they chose to manage their companies and do business in an honorable manner. Rollins even went so far as to suggest he would shut NSN down to help the game as a whole...something the most household name in the game shouldn't be offering, but did. People should recognize that they wouldn't even have the chance to sell at "fell off a truck" prices if these two chose to conduct themselves in the same way some owners are now.

Have we gotten any input on this from Mike yet?

You've read through the thread, so obviously not. He's a busy guy, so why not be proactive until he comes around to voice an opinion?

The main argument that has been posted on this thread is that new nutrition companies would be harmed by having established nutrition companies selling at lower prices.

How can there be more nutrition companies now than three months ago if that is the case? Lower prices are not a recent thing.

Also, let's remember what Mike wrote in the summary section of the create-a-company screen.

The world of MMA Tycoon is functioning just fine without the company you plan to set up. If you create a company, it is in no way guaranteed to succeed! In fact, somebody is already doing exactly what you plan to do and is probably doing it quite well. You will have to prove to the world that your company is valuable. You will have to do something original and effective. You will have to get through a difficult beginning and plan sensibly. If you think you can do that, good luck and welcome to the world of company ownership within MMA Tycoon.

There are no promises in the nutrition business, and nothing is forever.

The main argument that has been posted on this thread is that new nutrition companies would be harmed by having established nutrition companies selling at lower prices.

How can there be more nutrition companies now than three months ago if that is the case? Lower prices are not a recent thing.

How many of those will survive? Lot's of people have fallen off and although I can't prove it was because of pricing, you can't prove it wasn't.

This is the point you left out...

Rollins made the prediction of 159+ supps all over the place for $10...if this happens (at this rate it will) what's the point of running a nutrition company? Unless you also run an Org, or in my case a gym, there would be no point whatsoever because it would be doomed to fail.

Haha, but they are! I'm not talking any low prices but rather specifically VERY high quality products for VERY low prices. You do need products being sold at $10 or $20 but if you see 159's being sold for that much it drives the whole economy into the ground.

Back in the day when say 152 was the best supp selling at $300 a pop, do you remember 150 being sold alongside for $10 a pop?

Nope!

Haha, but they are! I'm not talking any low prices but rather specifically VERY high quality products for VERY low prices. You do need products being sold at $10 or $20 but if you see 159's being sold for that much it drives the whole economy into the ground.

Back in the day when say 152 was the best supp selling at $300 a pop, do you remember 150 being sold alongside for $10 a pop?

Nope!

Maybe no one thought of it?

When 152 was the best thing, no one was selling even half-decent product for low prices. It wasn't even considered. q130 was going for $50-75.

But if you want to point to something for the high quality stuff of the last month or so, look at the manager to manager loans. Any company can have $100k at start now. That's a q153 product right there, and it only requires $3k in weekly sales to cover the payments.

So now there's q153+ all over, and so prices are low. Did you expect to get monopoly profits forever?

Talk about missing the point. :bangin:

Do you understand that just a few companies can destroy 90% of all up and coming and EVEN upper mid-level nutrition companies in one fell swoop? Do you think everyone is going to keep being low balled forever when they're constantly offering others to get with a program that is fair to everyone?

Did you expect to get monopoly profits forever?
:OMG: Jeezus, this is just pointless. I give up....

Wow Grund, I explained the whole deal just a few posts back... Maybe you should read that first...

I just find it interesting that the people complaining are those with 158-9 product out. But hey, let's continue.

The order limit of 2500/month and 3-day delivery for out of city rules prevent the "a few companies dominate everything" concern Rollins had. There are more companies now than there were three months ago.

The other argument (if prices were low before, no one would have released a 152) is certainly not true. How did Blitzkrieg release a 159 just recently? Prices are low now, but they released their product.

Moving costs up will not do anything but up the price. However, it'll still be cost + 10 wherever you go. And if you want to fix selling price too, well, it'll be a nice tycoon game then won't it? (Manage your own government-regulated public utility!)

If Nonstop, Blitzkrieg, Gorilla, etc., really want to prove that the current situation is unacceptable there is an easy way to do it.

Lower all your prices to $10, and see what happens.

You've read through the thread, so obviously not. He's a busy guy, so why not be proactive until he comes around to voice an opinion?

I know he hasn't mentioned anything in this thread, but I was just wondering if he had said anything regarding this sort of thing before.

Grunt, the problem is that we can't have an open competition if we just have a few big companies and no room for creative ingenuity.

I know he hasn't mentioned anything in this thread, but I was just wondering if he had said anything regarding this sort of thing before.

Grunt, the problem is that we can't have an open competition if we just have a few big companies and no room for creative ingenuity.

There are 100 nutrition companies, of all sizes. There seems to be plenty of room.