Canadian Cage Combat

We're finally up and running ... and im gonna bust my ass to make this the biggest fight org in all of Canada.

First event coming up January 23rd, 2010 and hopefully we can see some exciting fights. Im planning on having 9 fights for the first event. Most of the fight offers have already been sent out with the exception of one (a request from a manager that im waiting to finish a QFC)

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/5024/ccc1origins.jpg

Most of you who didnt get a fight offer yet ... will have one soon for the second event, which will be coming soon after, and hopefully at a bigger arena.

Soon as we start making some money everyone can expect bigger and better contracts. Now put on some sick fights u bitches and im gonna make u a star.

Im excited to see which fighters separate themselves from the pack and earn the first title shots.

Peaace!

• 2 weeks later...
CCC1: Origins Event Preview

Main Event
Gordon Freeman (2-1) v Augustus Cole (2-0)

Classic grappler vs striker matchup. This fight will come down to whether Freeman can get this fight to the ground or not; if he can, then he might be able to pull out a submission victory or grind his way to a decision. In 3 career fights Freeman has been able to succeed on 60% of his takedown attempts. Cole has been able to (T)KO both of his opponents, but has only been in the cage for a total of 4 minutes in his career and has never had to defend a takedown or submission attempt. At the time of the booking Cole was a mediocre wrestler and white belt in BJJ, but he has since improved his grappling and received his blue belt in BJJ. If Freeman cant get Cole to the ground he will struggle to stay afloat in this fight.

Prediction: Cole by KO

Jay Bling (2-1) v Rodney Dangerfield (1-0)

Jay Bling comes into this fight with a more extensive record and a much more well-rounded game; however he might spend the majority of this fight off his back if he cannot counter Dangerfield’s wonderful wrestling. Both fighters have only won fights via decision and this should be another tough long fight. This may come down to who has the better cardio and if Bling can keep the fight on the feet for at least a short period of time he may be able to catch Dangerfield and put him away.

Prediction: Dangerfield by Decision

Gen Gen (2-0) v Big Wood (2-1)

Yet another matchup of a wrestler against a more rounded fighter. Gen Gen comes in as a much more distinguished wrestler and has finished both his fights with impressive submissions. However, Big Wood is no stranger to the ground game and likes to ground and pound his opponents, as well as possessing a blue belt in BJJ. If Wood can neutralize Gen Gen’s ground game he may be able to take advantage of his striking and score some points. This will be easier said than done since Gen Gen is very dangerous on the ground.

Prediction: Gen Gen by Submission.

Andre Williams (1-1) v Victor Reitcovicht (1-0)

Reitcovicht is the more well-rounded fighter of the two and can probably take the fight to the ground or keep it standing. He is a fighter who is very active on the ground, and lands ground and pound as well as being active with the submissions. Williams is a novice and BJJ and may get caught in a submission, but he also possesses equally competent wrestling and has the much better boxing of the two fighters. Williams’ strong boxing and competent wrestling should make this a difficult fight for Reitcovicht.

Prediction: Williams by TKO

Mark Daniels (2-0) v Chai Skantze (1-1-1)

Daniels is a well rounded fighter with some good submission skills. He’s got skills in every area but not significantly strong in any of them. Skantze on the other hand is the more specialized fighter with proficient boxing and respectable wrestling; he does will however struggle if this comes down to a grappling contest due to his novice skills in BJJ. If this fight does stay standing though, Skantze should be able to take Daniels apart but on the ground it will be Daniels fight. Will Skantze be able to put the first blemish on Daniels record?

Prediction: Skantze by TKO.

Caleb Cabreros (1-0) v Timmeh Naboic (0-0)

This is a very interesting fight between a well-rounded strikers against an up-and-coming BJJ wizard. Cabreros is a capable striker and has boxing and muay thai skills and will be able to win this fight from a distance or in the clinch. Naboic will struggle tremendously in the standup due to his lack of training in that style of combat, but he does hold a brown belt in BJJ and will be scary if this fight ever touches the ground. The problem is that Naboic doesn’t exactly have the wrestling skills to get this fight to the ground, so he will look for Cabreros to make some mistakes or perhaps pull guard.

Prediction: Cabreros by Decision.

Dje Je Ba Zapelo (1-0) v Jason Michaels (1-1)

Another classic fight between striker vs grappler. Michaels has some very strong boxing skills as well as good defensive grappling and takedown defense. Its hard to predict whether he will look to swing for the fences and try to finish this fight early, or take a more cautious approach to avoid a danger from Zapelo. Dje Je Ba Zapelo is a prolific grappler with some OK wrestling and an impressive brown belt in BJJ. Even with Michaels good submission defense Dje Je Ba Zapelo can finish this fight quickly if it hits the ground.

Prediction: This one if very hard to call but Im gonna take Dje Je Ba Zapelo by submission.

Norman Bates (1-0) v Jakob Van Tripp (1-0)

This is a fight between a muay thai practitioner against a BJJ fighter. Bates poses a danger with his striking, however his white belt in BJJ may be a problem if Van Tripp can get him down and take advantage of his BJJ. If Bates cant put Tripp away early he will have a hard time keeping himself out of a submission.

Prediction: Van Tripp by Submission.

Jerry Young (0-1) v Sevelindo Pegando (1-1)

Both fighters are young and haven’t found their niche yet. They do not have any significant strengths in specific areas but both fighters prefer to fight on the ground and hold blue belts in BJJ. The fighter who will end up in top position will most likely control this fight and win by decision.

Prediction: Young by Decision.

Lesser Scaup (1-2) v George Saint Pierre (0-1)

Scraup is primary a BJJ fighter with some skills in other areas, whereas Saint Pierre is more well rounded but not particularly strong in any area. Both fighters will look to get back to a winning percentage. The loser of the fight should reconsider his training routine.

Prediction: Saint Pierre by Decision.
[/size]

Let it be known that Rodney Dangerfield will keep beating ass until he gets that respect :D

Only took 3 minutes this time... next time? He'll make sure the opponent is more respectful, quicker.

Let it be known that Rodney Dangerfield will keep beating ass until he gets that respect :D

Only took 3 minutes this time... next time? He'll make sure the opponent is more respectful, quicker.

hahaha u get no respect!

Complete ripoff of my org's name.

I would just like to state, I am neither affiliated nor approve of Canadian Cage Combat.

Dude! What? I dont even see a single organization in Montreal with a name even close to that. What are u talking about?

Norman Bates is unstoppable. If you want your face busted in like Jacob Van Tripp then try and fight him. That sucker got so bashed up his mother can't stand the sight of him. Norman "The Psycho" Bates is an animal!

Dude is a beast. I think The Psycho cut him like 3-4 times in the same fight. Gonna try put him against a striker in the next fight. Maybe get some fireworks.

Complete ripoff of my org's name.

I would just like to state, I am neither affiliated nor approve of Canadian Cage Combat.

:weeping:

Sorry, he must have forgotten that you trademarked the name of your crappy 19 fighter org... think its possible 2 people came up with the same name?

Only one meaningful Cage Combat... emoticon, please show him where:

:dancing: :dancing: :ca: :dancing: :dancing:

No one cares what you approve of. Deal with it.

My org sucks, no doubt.

I only run it for a bit more fun when playing the game.

Seriously though there are THOUSANDS of other names you could have used, but you fucking retards used a pretty much exact copy of my org's name.

Stupid cbombs.

There's nothing original or unique about naming an organization "CITY + GENERIC TERM FOR MMA" - which is all you did. Seriously, do you think anyone would even need to be aware of your org to come up with the name XXX Cage Combat? Sure, if someone opened another org in Tokyo called Tokyo Cage Combat or even Tokyo Caged Combat, you might have a point for asking them to change it, but it is completely absurd to think that this isn't such a generic term that there can't be similarly named organizations in other locations without them having come up with the name completely on their own.

Quote from Norman "The Psycho" Bates about his upcoming bout with Steve "The Raging Brit" Partridge:

"I'm going to kill him, it's that simple. He has no business in the cage with me. If you have any doubts, just look at the dents my elbows left on Van Tripp's face. I'm going to break his skull. No one can stop me and the first 205 belt will be mine!!"

My org sucks, no doubt.

I only run it for a bit more fun when playing the game.

Seriously though there are THOUSANDS of other names you could have used, but you fucking retards used a pretty much exact copy of my org's name.

Stupid cbombs.

Do you really think he went out of his way, bought VIP, created an org and named it similar (or not) to your org, just to piss you off or something? umm no.

But now, you're going out of your way to make yourself look like an idiot. Dude, move on...

Good stuff though Dangerfield, you murdered me, haha

Oh shit! Activity in the CCC smack talk thread. I love it ... even the dude making an ass out of himself.

And Bates got some serious balls on him lol. The guy he's fighting is a good striker too. Gonna be a war.

• 2 weeks later...

Norman "The Psycho" Bates does it again, and shocking all the experts he managed to do it by submission. This is what Bates had to say after the fight.

"First I'd like to thank my manager and my coaches. Also thank you to the CCC for giving me the chance to prove myself. What can I say really, I said he had no business in the cage with me and I proved it. I am a beast, I can't be stopped. The belt will be mine and I'll destroy anyone the CCC puts in front of me."

Strong words from the CCC's top 205lb contender, but only time will tell if Bates will be able to live up to the hype.

The current #1 fighter in the entire org, Funktron Deluxe, just cannot wait to strap that gold around his waist... who's going to stop him? Jack Thomas? Andre Williams? It doesn't matter - Funktron will leave a footprint where your face used to be.

Norman "The Psycho" Bates discusses his upcoming bout to decide the first ever CCC 205lb champion:

"I'm really looking forward to it, the CCC has really put a good fight together here. This will probably be my biggest test yet. He may be a bit more inexperienced but there is no doubt that jon wayne is a strong fighter. Stronger than me? Not a chance. I have a game plan and I intend to go into that cage and impose my will on him. I know exactly what he is going to come at me with and frankly, I know how to beat it. At the end of the night I will be crowned champion and jon wayne will be just another broken body along my path to greatness."

Norman Bates showing nothing but confidence in the lead up to this historic battle.

• 3 weeks later...

Norman "The Psycho" Bates celebrates his 3rd round victory for the 205lb championship.

"First of all, thank you to the CCC for putting on another great event. It feels great to be the champ, I worked hard to be here. When it comes to the fight what can I say, I did exactly what I said I would. I out boxed him and made his face look like hamburger meat. Wayne put on a good fight but like I said before, he didn't stand a chance. I'm the champion now and anyone who tries to take this belt from me will end up looking like the bloodied pile of mush I turned Jon Wayne into. I look forward to the CCC finding an opponent worthy of challenging me so I can break his face too."

So there you have it, the first ever CCC 205lb champion.

• 2 weeks later...

When asked about his upcoming fight against Wendowsky on the CCC8: Cole vs Furnival card Georges StPierre had the following to say :

"Bryn has impeccable standup as we obviously seen in his last fight against Scaup with that devastating KO victory! I myself am coming off a loss via kneebar to Adam Seal a BJJ purple belt, a fight in which I got lazy and gave him that Sub. I'm hungry to get my first win in the CCC and show Crooked that the chance he has given me will not be wasted. Remember my name because you're going to be hearing it a lot in the coming cards, chances are with World Champion attached to it !!"

Big claim from a hungry young man, does he have the skillset to back up this talk? Only time will tell.....

During the post fight press conference Georges StPierre has this to say about his performance against top WW contender The Horse Whisperer :

"Crap! :suicide_anim: "

Well I suppose that speaks volumes, as GSP was KO'd in the first round of their fight!! It appears GSP's trainers, and manager didn't account for Bryn's strength going into this bout, and should have shot for more takedowns. A lesson they will take forward, and much work will be done in the gym :training2: to rectify this going forward.

• 4 weeks later...

MMAHead recently had a chance to sit down with two of CCC's prospects. WW fighter Georges StPierre, and HW fighter Randy Couture. The interview was both funny, and mildly disturbing!

MMAHead - Thanks guys for taking sometime away from your busy training schedule to talk with us. First of all Randy this is your debut as a Pro MMA fighter and you are fighting a 2 fight veteran. Any nerves heading into this bout?

Couture - Nerves? Not really. I put all my faith in my coaches, they tell me I'm a beast and I guess I believe them. We have drilled a perfect gameplan for this fight against Moses Kealekupuna. I plan on putting these mitts on him all night long, or at least until he falls asleep.

MMAHead - Ok I guess that sounds like a good plan. The matchup seems pretty good for you, with the exception of his Muay Thai background, are you worried about his clinch game at all?

Couture - Na, my Mauy Thai may not be the best but my clinchwork is solid. And like I said all I gotta do is get through one time with one of these bad boys. *Looks at hands, and kisses them at little to long.*

MMAHead - Randy, hey Randy.......

Couture - *Puts his tongue back in his mouth* Oh right sorry bout that but these are my babies and I gotta treat em right!

GSP - Dude you're disgusting.

MMAHead - So GSP you're coming off back to back losses. You were once considered to be one of your Managers best fighters, what's your plan moving forward? I've heard talk that your Manager may sack you if you loss one more fight.

GSP - WHAT?! Chuck baby come on man, don't do anything drastic! GSP's gonna shine like a fucking Solar Flare for you next time baby! I've been training my ass off getting ready for this fight. One thing I've learned is trash talk gets you know where I looked like a jackass last fight when Bryn put me away in the firs

MMAHead - Sorry about that GSP I thought that was common knowledge. Anyway no comments on your next opponent then?

GSP - Sevelindo Pegando is both a warrior, and a saint. I will not say a bad word about him. Until I win...........

MMAHead - OK then I'm really not sure where to go from here both you guys are kinda creeping me out. Let's just leave it at good luck in your fights on April 9th at CCC12: Phoenix vs Christian.

GSP - Hey one more thing......BABABOOEY BABABOOEY!!!

• 1 month later...

Whats up guys? Looks like there is a new threat in the middleweight divison, Thiago Suzuki. He plans on becoming the champ real soon. So any one who plans on going up the ladder don't fight him. If you do, you better :suicide_anim: or get knocked out :D