Muscle Mass

TakashiHaito

the more they weigh, the stronger and slower they are (compared to a fighter with the same speed/strength attributes).

the less they weigh, the weaker and faster they are (compared to a fighter with the same speed/strength attributes).

so it's a balancing act.

they have an effect on every fighter, regardless of weightclass.

for example: there's a 205lb fighter and a 215lb fighter, and they both have elite++ strength and elite++speed. the 205lb fighter will be slightly faster than the 215lb fighter, but the 215lb fighter will be slightly stronger.

the more they weigh, the stronger and slower they are (compared to a fighter with the same speed/strength attributes).

the less they weigh, the weaker and faster they are (compared to a fighter with the same speed/strength attributes).

so it's a balancing act.

they have an effect on every fighter, regardless of weightclass.

for example: there's a 205lb fighter and a 215lb fighter, and they both have elite++ strength and elite++speed. the 205lb fighter will be slightly faster than the 215lb fighter, but the 215lb fighter will be slightly stronger.

In this scenario if the 205 fighter was using an assortment of muscle mass supplements could he possibly be stronger?

Can you use more than one supplement at a time, it doesn't seem like you can. Not sure why though

If he uses muscle mass supplements he won't weigh 205 anymore, because they 'cause you to gain weight. There isn't any way to build muscle without gaining weight, unless you are also losing fat, and I don't believe there is any way in game to do that other than improving your strength skill, and since both are at elite++ strength they have the lowest fat percentage possible already.

And, no, you can't. The reason is that you can just go ahead and use all the supplement types at once, which gives way too much of an advantage in training. Instead you have to be somewhat tactical with it.

K lets get this straight here because at first I was a little confused when I came in here.

There is no supplement called "muscle mass". The 2 supplements are Weight Gain (used during rest sessions) and Muscle Bulk (used when training weights).

And unfortunately this game runs on the BMI index and doesnt factor in body fat %.

Yeah, for whatever reason I was replacing weight gain with muscle mass. I think it was the whole "mass" thing that got me. But yeah, weight gain will 'cause you to get heavier, and the heavier you are the stronger you are, but obviously you'll have to make sure you don't gain too much and have to fight in a weight you shouldn't be in, because you'll get destroyed (most likely). More mass equals more force when it comes to punches, takedowns, slams, etc.

Muscle bulk, on the other hand, will help raise your strength if you do weight lifting (or any other training that raises strength, but weight lifting is the best), no matter how heavy you are. And I'm pretty sure that's the one you were asking about now.

But, anyway, what I was saying still stands, even if the engine itself doesn't use body fat percentage. It is the real life scenario that dictates the engine. If both of the fighters are at the same weight, the only difference in their strength is going to be dictated by their strength stat. However, if they have the same strength stat and are different weights, the person who weighs more is going to be stronger. So basically your strength stat is your body fat percentage, with a low stat being a high percentage, and a high stat being a low percentage.

I think I got down the difference of muscle bulk and weight gainer now. What is the benefit of using supplements during training off days? Do you stamina boosters help you regain energy? Will muscle bulk continue to help your fighter gain more muscle?

I'm just trying to figure out the game engine.

Don't use supps on resting days, they're only useful when used in conjunction with the right activity. If you have the box checked while you rest, they'll still get used up, but won't benefit you in any way. Muscle supp only on Weight days, Stamina only on Cardio days, and Recovery on all other active training days. Haven't done Circuit training so someone else would have to recommend for that one :)

The only supps to take on rest days would be Weight Loss/Weight Gainers.

Cheers!

Don't use supps on resting days, they're only useful when used in conjunction with the right activity. If you have the box checked while you rest, they'll still get used up, but won't benefit you in any way. Muscle supp only on Weight days, Stamina only on Cardio days, and Recovery on all other active training days. Haven't done Circuit training so someone else would have to recommend for that one :)

The only supps to take on rest days would be Weight Loss/Weight Gainers.

Cheers!

dunno if it's been patched yet or not, but previously you would get a VERY small benefit to using recovery supps while resting, but not enough to be worth it. probably like like a 0.01 improvement.