Victory Fight League - Official Smack Talk Thread

Strange to see Pekka Hirvasluoma ranked ahead of Lebron. Not too long ago Lebron put the stomp on him. Cody is ranked higher than James too... seems like Lebron is going to have top keep busting up these rankings to get a little respect!

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jerry Shuster had this to say about his upcoming bout with Tomcik:

I'm ready for this fight. We are completely even in our skills, so this match will come down to wits and gameplan. I've checked out his last fight. 20 seconds isn't much to go on, but I think he may have gotten luckly against Kolt. He won't get lucky against me.

I have three of my fighters fighting at 2009 HW Grand Prix - 3rd Round on July 18th. I have been talking with all three of them and this is what they said.

Eugene Burns Jr, is a 205'er and is 1-1, he is coming off a submission loss on July 5th. He recently said "Yeah, I lost my last fight, oh well it happends, I wasn't the best fighter on that night...Time to move on, I think I have all the tools to become a great fighter here in VFL. I am going to show John Cliton that he made a mistake when excepting this fight."

Sergei Bomber, is also a 205'er and is 1-3, he is coming off his second loss to Stump Whacker. He said this "I guess Stump Whacker just proved he was the better fighter. I don't care about previous losses much, I just wanna get into the ring and get a W so I can erase my last loss from my mind. Sure there is pressure on my mind of possibly going 1-4, but I think I got the tools to beat Eric Farrow cat, and start off fresh with a win."

Brett Burns is a 265'er and is 1-2-1 in 4 professional fights. He had this to say " I take losses very hard. I hate losing, but VFL is giving me another chance to prove I can do something here in this HW division, it will take time and work to get to the top, but I will do what it takes. I think Billy Boondocks is a hard favorite to win this fight, but I see him tapping."

It has also been annouced by Bryan Teal that most likely.... #1 Middleweight in VFL Eugene Bradley Burns(6-2, with a four fight win streak) will be getting a crack at the belt soon, either next fight, or is one win away from the title shot.

VFL announced it's next two cards, scheduled for July 31 and August 1, respectively titled Eclipse and Helter Skelter. Said Bryan Teal, owner of VFL, "The weekend of July 31 and August 1 is going to be insane. On Friday, we are having a card with mostly up and comers looking to make a name for themselves and put on a show for the fans. Then, on Saturday, we have the most stacked card in VFL history to date with three title fights. Iain Durrant, the number one featherweight in London, will look to defend his new belt for the first time against the undefeated Trey Guarino, the 6th ranked featherweight in London. The other two title fights will be to determine the first ever champ at 135 and 185. Wendell Diefendorf, the 4th ranked bantamweight in London, will do battle against Aaron Barrett in a rematch for the belt at 135. Diefendorf won the first fight in only nine seconds in what some consider to be a fluke. Barrett, the 9th ranked bantamweight in London, will surely be looking to prove that that was the case on August 1st. The middleweight title will be up for grabs as well, but there are still some details that need to be resolved before I can comment any further."

Wendell Diefendorf had this to say about his upcoming title fight against Barrett:

"Some may consider that a fluke, but the fact is, Barrett's just weak. He couldn't even stand for 10 seconds the first time; he's got no chance of beating me this time!"

So how about stepping up and fighting some real competition in Babbage? He thinks he should be fighting Diefendorf, he's 1000 places higher ranked than Barrett p4p. But he knows Diefendorf asked to fight Barrett who he beat in 9 seconds, and who subbed an 0-4 white belt to earn his shot.

So how about stepping up and fighting some real competition in Babbage? He thinks he should be fighting Diefendorf, he's 1000 places higher ranked than Barrett p4p. But he knows Diefendorf asked to fight Barrett who he beat in 9 seconds, and who subbed an 0-4 white belt to earn his shot.

You are definitely in line for a title shot very soon. Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about you.

Diefendorf didn't ask for anyone. He's #1 in the VFL's 135 weight class, Barrett is #2.

But he will see Babbage in ring after he beats Barrett, if Mr. Teal allows it and Babbage is man enough to accept.

On the "view fighters by weight class" rankings from the org page, Barrett really is #2, and Babbage is #3.

On the rankings for London's bantamweights, and on the P4P list, yes, Babbage would be number #2. I guess they're calculated differently somehow.

Yeah but the "fighters by weight class" page counts popularity as well. I guess Barrett must be a good-looking guy :P

Nick is open to a rematch. The fight was a classic, 18 minutes of action. Maybe let him defend once and then a rematch after you beat your next opponent. Troy is still Nicks closest competition. Gomez should get the next shot. Nick has already beat Darkwaters and Badass is one of my fighters as well :)

On the "view fighters by weight class" rankings from the org page, Barrett really is #2, and Babbage is #3.

On the rankings for London's bantamweights, and on the P4P list, yes, Babbage would be number #2. I guess they're calculated differently somehow.

Okay, I cannot find this page, I must be blind, can someone send me a link or something, I must be blind because I can't finds the fighters by weight class in an org....

It is official. Eugene Bradley Burns(6-2, 4 fight win streak) is going to be fighting for the 185lbs Title at VFL 10: Helter Skelter on August 1st against Roger Daltrey(3-0).

Burns had this to say "I have been waiting for this for along time, I have wanted that belt for so long and now I will get it. I do think I will win this fight because I am the better fighter, and he has never fought anyone like me, his last two fights he fought white belts with losing records, I deserve the title shot, and I don't think he does, so I WILL WIN this title and prove that. I am the top 185'er in VFL and in London, and after I win this belt, everyone will know it. Daltrey is going to TAP!!!!"

After the third round of the Heavyweight Grand Prix, reporters caught up with VFL owner Bryan Teal to get his thoughts on the event. "I thought it was a great event and I'm happy to finally have the finals set for the first ever HW championship fight in VFL history. The two finalists definitely deserve the title shot considering that they ran through three fighters without a loss to make it to this point. I wouldn't be surprised if the champ also becomes the number one ranked HW fighter in London. Neither guy has a loss on his record right now and the winner will be either 5-0 or 6-0 considering who wins. That's pretty damn impressive!

I would like to go ahead and announce the winners of the fight night bonuses at this time. Sub of the night goes to Lipton Jackson for his Anaconda choke finish over Santiago Sanchez. KO of the night goes to Eugene Burns Jr. for his quick finsh of John Cliton. Finally, Fight of the night goes to both Muhammad Kango and Mirko Cikotic for their short but entertaining battle. Each fighter got $500 for their outstanding performances!

This event really shuffled the rankings in the LHW, HW, and SHW divisions. We have some guys really making a name for themselves and standing out from the rest of the competition. It's really exciting! Next weekend we have the third round of the LHW GP and some important fights for the welterweight division. I am really looking forward to it. Also, Bushido Clothing has come out with another shirt made exclusively for the VFL. Go over to their store and check them out! It never hurts to look good before and after you whip someone's ass!"

After reporters talked to VFL owner Bryan Teal, they were quick to catch up to Manager Bradley Burns and ask him what his thought were on his three fighters fights that were on today's card. Burns had this to say "It was a great event, with a lot of great fights and fighters, I am very sad for my fighters Sergei Bomber losing and becoming 1-4, and Brett Burns losing and becoming 1-3-1. I sat down with boh of them after the event, and we had a long chat. Myself and Brett Burns agreed he shall be sacked, because he just doesn't have the will to fight anymore, and he is very badly injured and doesn't know if he wants to risk the injury anymore. Sergei bomber is now 1-4 and is devistated, he really trains hard to every fight and I do believe he has a future and talent beyond this point in his career, he is going to try and get up and start over with a quick win after this.

I was very happy with the KO win that Eugene Burns Jr. got today, it really was a sick KO and thats why he got KO of the night, he will be a dominant figure at 205 soon, and he will prove it.

I also just got a new fighter, his name is Burnsy Burns and he is an amazing fighter and athlete, I think he will give hell to any 155'er in London. He has a lot of experience and he will be champion soon, I guarentee that!"

another impressive victory from Lebron. Cody put up a fight but it's really kind of unfair, Lebron is a man amongst boys.

Cody may have had a technical advantage on the ground. From the looks of things Williams has that advantage as well... but I'm 100% confident when I say Lebron is the most explosive man in London.