Clothing Quality

For the love of God we need something...We might be a general statement, but I think it would be a welcomed change to be able to have different quality items. I'm no expert in the backend, but with it being in place for supplements, I can't see it being that difficult to implement that for clothing as well.

We would be able to pay into research for better quality items and make having more expensive clothing worth it. Or make a difference between someone that has a good design at $49 vs someone with a (insert bad description) design for $9 - yet they do the same thing for the fighter. When you break it down, there really is no advantage for clothing companies like there are for the nutrition guys. Aside from your design abilities - there is nothing to set you apart from the next guy that can undercut your prices...

Interested to see what others think.

I don't know why anyone would own a clothing company, its insanely boring. I agree there needs to be some complexity to clothing companies be it higher morale boosts for more expensive articles...or things like statistical boosts for certain items. For example, a 5% boost in takedown defense for purchasing a 159 quality shirt. Unrealistic, I know. But interesting.

I think it would be a nice addition to have some sort of change with the types of clothing. If you have certain items that effect training coefficients and then regular clothing for fights that effect fighters hype, morale, popularity that would be nice.

It would make sense for there to be a larger gain in popularity if a fighter is wearing one of the top clothing lines vs. a 2 day old start up. Companies sponsor fighters to sell their items in the real world...I think it would make sense for there to be some sort of extra benefit to clothing like there is for Supplements.

Hype should have an effect on clothing quality as well. You feel better about yourself when wearing an Armani shirt than a generic brand.

I do like the idea of clothes having different effects on the actual game. You could wear Gi to give yourself a BJJ boost, wrestling shoes to give your takedowns a boost, a boxing robe to give yourself a punching boost, etc. There could be training gear like weighted vests and rash guard and stuff like walkout shirts to wear during the actual fight. Clothing companies have a ton of potential that hasn't been tapped yet.

I've asked for this in the past. I think the best solution is different quality of fabrics that would last longer and would cost the clothing company more to order

Currently 150Q items lasts 25 days (before it starts having a negative effect) and a set of 10 costs $110. Maybe you could do something along the lines of:

130Q / 15 days - 10 = $80

150Q / 25 days - 10 = $110

170Q / 35 days - 10 = $150

It makes more sense than research. RL companies don't normally do research on developing different types of fabric. They just order it at varying costs.

It does cost money to design the shirt, market it, establish your brand, and determine its cut and fit.

One idea that stretches realism is to look at clothes more like armor items from an RPG with all their different possible effects. As a clothing company, you could spend money on to make your shirt give a bonus as well make the fighter gain more popularity with a win. Others could boost one's chin or cardio. Such a system could do something similar to the Perks thread in the Improvements forum in helping people further customize their fighters and fighting style.

What I think is that you could set different types of materials used in your shirt so that it would decide the quality.

ld

For instance, at the top you could have (As an example) silk, which would be 150Q and give a big ass rewardm and at the the bottom maybe 50Q which would (for the sake of the example) be sandpaper.

Ill expand more on this later, but I think a tiered system would work best.

I don't know why anyone would own a clothing company, its insanely boring.
Gyms: You make virtually nothing.

Nutrition: The price cuts have undermined them far, far more than clothing. With the current caps, they have no incentive to make new supplements despite being asked to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Orgs: Highly time consuming, requires a lot of connections, and you gotta play politics if you want a major one.

Clothing: Gotta be good with Photoshop, but if you are, you can just sit back and let the money roll in.

no to magic chain-mails and sh!t. yes to different fabric types for higher quality.

Agreed completely with the above post.

Furthermore, quality should work differently from supplement quality: With supplements, the key to quality is research, and the actual supplements are very cheap to make. That's how it is with pharmaceuticals, so it mirrors real life and is thus fine for those.

While clothing for morale is a little bit magic itself, especially given that the fighters are men, I handle the realism factor there by imagining that having new clothes represents a luxury of any sort, and that helps me not feel like it's so unrealistic. But anyway, I'm all for different fabric types allowing quality above 150; but the creator pays for the better fabrics and, to make a profit, has to pass that cost on.

It might top out around 165 or something, and would decay 3 per day rather than 2 per day until it hits 150, at which point the decay would be normal; but one would still get the clothing raising morale not only faster at the start (165 would raise morale faster than 150) but for longer as well. Limiting the length by making it decay 3 per day (to 150 in 5 days) means it doesn't actually hurt clothing companies more than help them by making it last overly long.

Also, because you know what materials are in the clothing, as opposed to pills, which could be just sugar pills, one should know the true quality of clothing when buying it.

Agreed completely with the above post.

Furthermore, quality should work differently from supplement quality: With supplements, the key to quality is research, and the actual supplements are very cheap to make. That's how it is with pharmaceuticals, so it mirrors real life and is thus fine for those.

While clothing for morale is a little bit magic itself, especially given that the fighters are men, I handle the realism factor there by imagining that having new clothes represents a luxury of any sort, and that helps me not feel like it's so unrealistic. But anyway, I'm all for different fabric types allowing quality above 150; but the creator pays for the better fabrics and, to make a profit, has to pass that cost on.

It might top out around 165 or something, and would decay 3 per day rather than 2 per day until it hits 150, at which point the decay would be normal; but one would still get the clothing raising morale not only faster at the start (165 would raise morale faster than 150) but for longer as well. Limiting the length by making it decay 3 per day (to 150 in 5 days) means it doesn't actually hurt clothing companies more than help them by making it last overly long.

Also, because you know what materials are in the clothing, as opposed to pills, which could be just sugar pills, one should know the true quality of clothing when buying it.

Agreed, *any* of the suggestions listed here would be much better than what we have now.

You basically expanded on what I said but with this ^^ addition. I think changing the rate of decay would be more work for Mike and his people. If you simply raise/lower the starting quality, you can have the same effect without the extra work. The item would last longer or less depending on the quality.

Either way I really think it is about time for some sort of change. Things have been pretty static since I started and it would be really nice to get something new that makes my VIP subscription worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

::crickets chirping::

Something needs to happen. Forum design changes and RSS feeds...please dude. Nutrition got the addition of vending machines to add another dimension to their business while clothing sits stagnant. Everyone's product has exactly the same results as the others which is totally jacked imo. Please consider getting something in the works soon, real soon.

-Clothing company owners submit design (1 weekly).

-Each time (once a day) a VIP player signs in, 4 designs pop up before spoiler page.

-VIP member Votes for his favorite design.

-At end of week, designs with more than X votes or top 5 get to use the design with 175-200 quality.

BAM!

We need some changes. Especially for the clothing department. Unfortunaltly not everyone can run an org and all of the other businesses seem to be pretty boring. Maybe if there was a difference in the types of clothes you buy, like ones that are better for you or something, clothing store owners wouldn't be so bored with their companies.

We need some changes. Especially for the clothing department. Unfortunaltly not everyone can run an org and all of the other businesses seem to be pretty boring. Maybe if there was a difference in the types of clothes you buy, like ones that are better for you or something, clothing store owners wouldn't be so bored with their companies.

Something is definitely needed. This isn't like fight engine changes which need super careful deliberation... companies can afford to "have stuff thrown at the wall" and then just see what sticks.

Right now though clothing is utterly broken and supps aren't much better.

Companies are what keep VIPs paying for the game. Depth is needed and changes have to come.

• 2 weeks later...

One thing to note if clothes are changed, there are a lot of managers out there already with hundreds of items in their possessions. How would you handle previously purchased clothes?

While agree that companies need upgrades, doing so is not necessarily the easiest thing in the world.