REVO Presents! - Camp Wars 3 ... An O Must Go

4 members have voted

1. 1. Should Wilkes get a raise?

• Yes
    • No
    • Who cares?
    • Why aren't these polls ever about the damn fights?

http://mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1380912467revocw3f_zps6c5dfb73.jpg

(Poster courtesy of J.C. Raven)

REVO Presents ***** Camp Wars - 3 .... An O Must Go!

Wilkes - Ladies and gentlemen, we are broadcasting from right outside of the Hard Knocks Arena, where only a few short nights from now, the biggest event in REVO history will take place. We are REVO Access Radio Live, and I am Samuel Wilkes, sitting in here today with none other than Williams camp owner and co-CEO of REVO industries, none other than Mr. Williams himself! Thank you for being here Mr. Williams.

Williams - For Camp Wars? It's a no-brainer.

Wilkes - Now, unfortunately, Corey Langston, who joined us last time, could not be with us tonight ...

Williams - Pussy ...

Wilkes - ... mainly due to comments like that ... c'mon sir, really! We already got in enough trouble last time!

Williams - Uh-huh.

Wilkes - .. right! Anyway. Camp Wars! Five titles, five contenders. Ten representatives, ten different mixtures of ego, pride and talent. In the first Camp Wars, the Dean camp claimed victory, 8-2. In the second Camp Wars, the Dean camp, now known as the Robinson camp, tied with your camp at 5-5. Is the third time the charm for the Williams camp?

Williams - I'm particularly confident in our batch of fighters this time around. Off the top of my head? Salty, exemplary champion, made of all the right stuff. A KO master, I'm really hoping to see him pull it out and defend his title against Brown. Stapleton, his second time in three Camp Wars representing the Williams camp. Very outspoken, very supportive of his camp, and more talented than the previous two combined. Diego Brandao, one of the most dangerous guys in the lightweight division, topped only by the most dangerous man in the lightweight division himself, Andrezj Wrzeszczycki, yet another exemplary fighter. An O must go. I'm not so sorry to say, I'm very confident that it will be Scarlett's streak that will come to an end. An exceptional batch of fighters representing us tonight, and I will say it now. The Williams camp will emerge victorious in this quarter's Camp Wars and bring home the gold.

Wilkes - I love it! Of course, the Robinson camp isn't short of it's own talent. There's Owen Glyde, the light heavyweight champion who is thus far undefeated in REVO and currently riding a 100k bounty on his head, Devlin, similarly riding a 50k bounty, Daarknasset Oystenteller, undefeated and making his mark on the REVO welterweight division with both his exceptional grappling skills and his more than colourful personality, and Will Scarlett, similarly undefeated prospect and lightweight champion of REVO, the man whose very words are now etched into REVO history in the form of this fight card's heading. With this batch of fighters, it's going to be literally impossible for this third edition of Camp Wars to not make it's mark in REVO history ... but, as always, I'm just getting too excited and ahead of myself. Let's start this off with the opener.

Oleg Kasparov........................Boro Miranovic

Moscow Hometown Podgorica

188 cm Height 190 cm

247 lbs Weight 250 lbs

3 - 2 Total Pro Record 3 - 1

2 - 1 REVO Record 2 - 1

50 % REVO Finish Rate 100 %

26 REVO Minutes 12

84 Layoff 68

Jolon Williams Fighter Camp Josh Robinson

Wilkes - Now, here we have a heavyweight contest of grapplers between Kasparov and Miranovic. Kasparov is no stranger to Camp Wars, competing in the first edition in a title fight against then controversial pick, Shane Winslow, where he would be upset and topple to his first organisational loss. Miranovic, on the other hand, makes his first appearance at Camp Wars, recovering from a disappointing debut effort to notch two consecutive victories and earn his spot. Now, after last time, I know better than to ask who you think is going to win ... but what do you think about each of these fighters?

Williams - Well, Miranovic has shown he has the balls to be successful, that's for certain. That first loss, especially so early in one's career, can be extremely discombobulating and a strain on a fighter's mind, but Miranovic bounced right back and hit his stride. On the other hand though, we've seen what happens to people who try to outperform Kasparov on the mat. The man is a born wrestler, and nobody here at REVO has managed to do it as of yet. Miranovic might be the first, but I have my doubts.

Wilkes -Miranovic does have one advantage though. His striking, which far surpasses Kasparov's, was proven to be more than competent in his fight against Bogdan. Do you think that will come into effect?

Williams - I don't know. You say it's more than competent, but he only technically landed a couple of significant strikes on his feet. Most of the damage was done on the mat via old fashioned ground and pound, and that brings us right back to the issue of trying to outperform Kasparov on the mat. It can be done, but I'm not sure Miranovic is the man to do it. Miranovic has shown a propensity to take the fight down where he can even against superior grapplers, and that could come back to bite him. If he was smart, he'd keep this one standing where he could, but even so, how long can he evade Kasparov's grasp?

Wilkes - That, we can only wait and see. Next fight then?

Jimmy Pistol..............................Wotjek Brudasek

London Hometown Unknown

170 cm Height 183 cm

187 lbs Weight 196 lbs

4 - 5 Total Pro Record 5 - 3

2 - 1 REVO Record 2 - 1

100 % REVO Finish Rate 100 %

10 REVO Minutes 6

112 Layoff 140

Wilkes - The second fight on the card is a middleweight bout, and if I'm not mistaken, these two competitors have faced off in the past. Last time around, it was Jimmy Pistol who emerged victory with a speedy submission over Brudasek. Again, if I'm not mistaken, this happened at the first edition of Camp Wars, with the middleweight title, now held by young Devlin, on the line.

Williams - You are indeed not mistaken. Pistol has faced Brudasek before and defeated him in the first round. Another reason why I fancy our chances at Camp Wars, the Robinson camp may as well have just handed us the win on a silver platter here.

Wilkes - On the other hand, Brudasek's only loss here at REVO has been to Pistol. You have to believe he's going to be headed into this one with revenge on his mind, and a fighter avenging a loss is hardly a thing unheard of. Put this together with the fact that Pistol just lost his title in his last outing at Camp Wars 2, to Dion Devlin? Is he focused enough for this fight? He hasn't had a fight in between these two outings, which makes one wonder if his mind will be in the right place come Saturday.

Williams - True, Pistol might still be reeling from his loss. But this is a man who turned around a four fight losing streak to succeed here at REVO and capture the middleweight title, albeit for a short period of time. One loss is hardly going to phase him. I have full confidence that he will once again do us proud.

Wilkes - Fair enough! Moving on ...

Edmund Dorrance......................................Daarknasset Oystenteller

Pena Dura Hometown Faevrenstuggen

186 cm Height 178 cm

180 lbs Weight 175 lbs

8 - 8 Total Pro Record 6 - 0

2 - 0 REVO Record 2 - 0

100 % REVO Finish Rate 0 %

8 REVO Minutes 30

100 Layoff 56

Wilkes - The third fight of the night is a welterweight match-up pitting two promising young REVO prospects in Dorrance and Oystenteller. Both Dorrance and Oystenteller are currently sporting undefeated records here at REVO, which is what is going to make this fight so bittersweet. One of these fighters is going to have to lose, I definitely don't see this fight ending in a draw.

Williams - Can't say I do either. I actually like Oystenteller. Very outspoken individual, definitely colourful, as you alluded to earlier. Clearly very talented, his kind is what makes REVO that much more enjoyable to be a part of. But there's some problems, both on the surface and stirring beneath it. He's had two fights in REVO thus far, and both times, while victorious, he's been unable to channel that 'it' factor that made him such a menace in the cage in the QFC circuits. With two decisions, his finishing ability, which can so often be crucial in MMA, is getting called into question.

Wilkes - Right, unlike Dorrance, who has finished both of his opponents, one of which actually got the better of him for the first five minutes of the fight, only for him to come back in an astonishing twenty three seconds in the second round!

Williams - Precisely, that's what makes Dorrance dangerous. He has heart, he has confidence, and he will pick his spots. If Oystenteller can't finish Dorrance, and he hasn't had much of a knack for it recently, then he will find himself instead being finished. Which means ...

Wilkes - Another victory for the Williams camp? But remember, Oystenteller IS undefeated, there's a definite reason for that. Aren't you worried at all?

Williams - Of course I am. But that brings me to the 'beneath the surface' bit. Don't know what's going on, but we can't seem to get in touch with Oystenteller's management. They've just disappeared. As have, coincidentally, his longstanding rival's management, Mr. Albert Dulin. I smell some dirty laundry there, but that's not really my concern. It is, however, Oystenteller's, and without any guidance, without anyone in his corner, his performance may very well not be up to par.

Wilkes - That's a bit cold-hearted ...

Williams - Oh, c'mon. This is Camp Wars. I'm here to win. Don't get me wrong. I've empathy for the guy. I'm hoping he can either locate his old management, or else find new management elsewhere. We thoroughly enjoy having him in REVO, and that's coming from the opposing camp. But fact of the matter is, this is an opportunity, it's a weakness that can be taken advantage of, and I'm definitely looking for Dorrance to take advantage of said weakness, take Oystenteller out early and pick up that win for us.

Wilkes - I suppose that makes sense ... still ... Oh well! On to the next fight. It's a good one ...

Jeremy Stapleton.................Ryo Narushima

Idaho Falls Hometown Fujinomiya

194 cm Height 177 cm

215 lbs Weight 216 lbs

2 - 1 Total Pro Record 8 - 6

2 - 1 REVO Record 2 - 1

4 REVO Minutes 5

140 Layoff 96

Williams - Yea! One of the fights I'm definitely looking forward to. These guys are two of my favourite fighters here at REVO.

Wilkes - I doubt you're alone in that, and this is no doubt one of the more anticipated fights on the card. Stapleton is a social media darling, and highly talented to boot. Ryo Narushima is no slouch either, and he actually holds a victory over Stapleton already, Stapleton's only loss in REVO thus far.

Williams - True, true, but that definitely doesn't seem to have affected Stapleton at all. Matter of fact, he's the one who made the call out. Clearly, he thinks he's put in more than enough time in the gym now to take out Narushima this time around. If he's confident, I'm confident. Plus, he's got a pretty massive reach advantage to take into consideration, always plays well in a strike-off.

Wilkes - Didn't you personally issue this fight as a challenge to the newly appointed Robinson camp, special rules and all?

Williams - Not special rules. Traditional Thai Boxing rules. Honestly though, I'm not entirely certain how necessary those rules were. These two love to stand and bang, I heavily doubt either one was going to try and take it to the mat. But hey, why take the risk? I want to see these two go at it again, so I took the precautions to make sure it happened. The Robinson camp accepted, Stapleton and Narushima accepted, and here we are.

Wilkes - Have to agree there ... neither competitor is going to want to go to the mat. In fact, wasn't it Narushima who called out any REVO fighter to a striking match with him?

Williams - It was, at that. In fact, that's the main reason Stapleton called him out. As I recall, the gist of it was somewhere around ... ''Hey bitch, stop crying because you got submitted in your last fight, don't worry, I'll knock you out too and add to the trifecta.' Something like that.

Wilkes - Probably not the exact wording there ... but hey, that's obviously what Stapleton is looking to do here. Should be one hell of a fight. Narushima has the advantage of already holding a win over Stapleton, that's something that would weigh on any competitor. But Stapleton's young, keen and bright. He was already looking tons better in his last fight against Garkov, a thirty three second finish, and Garkov is no slouch as a striker himself. Narushima could be in for a tougher challenge this time round.

Williams - Yup.

Wilkes - Alright then! Next fight.

Diego Brandao.....................................Michael B Simson

Ceara Hometown Hillerod

169 cm Height 159 cm

144 lbs Weight 133 lbs

11 - 10 Total Pro Record 3 - 0

2 - 0 REVO Record 2 - 0

100 % REVO Finish Rate 50 %

3 REVO Minutes 27

84 Layoff 96

Wilkes - The lightweight representative bout features two more thus far undefeated competitors of REVO in Diego Brandao and Michael Simson. It's really hard to get a good read on this one. Simson seems to have what it takes to get this fight to the mat, where he could control Brandao better ... but Brandao, as previously noted, is one dangerous, dangerous ... dangerous guy. Win or lose, he rarely ever goes out of the first round. He's kind of like that guy you play poker with sometimes, you know? That guy who'll just keep going high ante, regardless of whether he has a good or bad hand, and you can never quite get a read on him because?

Williams - Odd analogy, but I know what you mean. Yes, Brandao is dangerous, and definitely a wild card. One of the main reasons I chose him. He's that hail mary guy you throw in, just in case. The fact that Simson is his opponent, in my opinion, actually really works in his favour.

Wilkes - How so? Brandao's not a pushover on the mat persay, but he definitely struggles there. He can submit you, but he has no real ability to maneuver himself down there. Longer it stays on the mat, the worse it is for him ... right?

Williams - Yea, but like you said. Brandao doesn't stay in the cage long. He just doesn't. Whatever it is about him, his fights are always over in a flash. And here's the thing. Simson's the exact opposite. He's a methodical fighter. Two fights in REVO, one went the distance, the other one nearly did. Simson can't finish a fight in a flash.

Wilkes - So what? They cancel each other out?

Williams -No, of course they don't cancel each other out. How would that even play out? That makes no sense, get your head on straight. Look. To use your earlier analogy, what happens when the cautious, methodical poker player faces off against the over aggressive, constantly high risk player?

Wilkes - Uh .... I gotta level with you. I don't really play much poker.

Williams - Well then let me enlighten you. The high ante player keeps raising, the methodical player is forced to weigh the odds. Because he's always weighing the odds, more than half the time he ends up folding, losing his stack bit by bit. The cautious player never beats the aggressive one unless he has an ace up his sleeve.

Wilkes - So that means ...

Williams - ... unless Simson has an ace up his sleeve ...

Wilkes - Interesting take! Still, I stick by my earlier opinion. I think Simson's ace could very well be his ability to out-grapple Brandao. If he can neutralise him on the mat, even the aggressive Brandao will have trouble finding a way out, finding enough space to launch his own onslaught.

Williams - Three words. Five second knockout.

Wilkes - Definitely a possibility as well ... happened to the last grappler who faced Brandao. I almost forgot about that. Oh well, next fight then! We're getting into the title fights now, this is all about to get interesting.

Elmo Salty...............................Logan Brown

Matina Hometown Texas

190 cm Height 198 cm

260 lbs Weight 285 lbs

7 - 1 Total Pro Record 16 - 10

2 - 0 REVO Record 2 - 0

1 REVO Minutes 4

112 Layoff 56

Wilkes - The heavyweight championship is up for grabs, with Salty defending his newly acquired title against the Robinson camp's top contender, Logan Brown. I have to be honest with you. I know you're supporting Salty on this one, but the pundits are labeling Brown their favourite, and I can't say I disagree with them.

Williams - Look. Is it a tough fight? Yes. A lesser man than Salty would have ducked the fight. But Salty is a champion. He has the heart of a champion, the pride of a champion, but all that mumbo jumbo is nothing compared to the one thing that actually counts. The power of a champion. Brown has the advantage in the grappling department. Check. Guess what? He has to get Salty to the mat first.

Wilkes - He is an exceptional wrestler though, one of the best in REVO. Can you honestly say that's going to be a difficult feat to accomplish?

Williams - Not necessarily. But it doesn't have to be difficult, it just has to not be easy. You're asking the wrong questions. You're asking me whether Brown can take Salty down. Well, the answer is yes. But the question you should be asking is, can Brown take Salty down ... in less than a minute?

Wilkes - I'm not quite sure I understand what you're getting at.

Williams - It's not rocket science. Look at Salty's record. His entire professional record, or even just the REVO fights. Doesn't matter, they say the same thing. Professional career. Eight fights. One loss. Seven wins. Five of which were within the first minute.

Wilkes -So you think Salty has what it takes to knock Brown out in a minute?

Williams - Now, you're asking the right questions. Do I think he has what it takes? Yes. Will it happen? That remains to be seen.

Wilkes - Have to tell you though, Brown is a whole different level of competition to some of those other guys. His grappling ability is definitely higher, and he's a relatively competent striker as well.

Williams - You're concentrating too much on his grappling. I'll admit it, if this one hits the mat, Salty loses his chance, unless he can make it to the end of the round. Brown is good, I know that. He gets his best work done on the mat. But the fact remains, he's an inferior striker. And Salty demolishes people who can't defend themselves properly, pretty damn quickly. The two fights that didn't end in the first minute? Still didn't make it a full round. Salty is not a guy you want to tangle with, and if Brown just keeps trying to go for the takedown in desperation, Salty is savvy enough with his wrestling to avoid it at least long enough to score a significant blow. Sometimes, that one punch is all it takes. Salty says that's what he's looking to do, and I believe him.

Wilkes - Fair enough I suppose! Can't undersell Salty, he definitely is one hell of a competitor. But so is Brown. This is going to be one of those classic grappler/striker matches by the looks of it. Alright, next fight it is!

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/26/26w10.jpg vs http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/12/12b10.jpg

George Wilson................................Bariga Marihuanich

Boston Hometown St. Petersburg

167 cm Height 175 cm

183 lbs Weight 175 lbs

13 - 7 Total Pro Record 12 - 8 -1

3 - 0 REVO Record 1 - 0

33 % REVO Finish Rate 0 %

32 REVO Minutes 15

112 Layoff 84

Wilkes - The second title fight features another Williams camp title holder, welterweight George Wilson, defending his championship against Robinson camp contender, Bariga Marihuanich. Now, rumours had been swirling prior to this fight that Oystenteller was going to be the pick for this fight, but he ended up as a representative, and Marihuanich the contender. Can we have an official statement regarding this?

Williams - Well, yes and no, on that one. Oystenteller definitely has the support and the hype behind him to be worthy of a title shot. But his management and REVO management both agreed it might be too early in Oystenteller's career to face off against a competitor like Wilson. Oystenteller opted to get some more training in before having the fight, so Marihuanich was chosen, given his position as second contender. Of course, with Oystenteller's old management now having gone M.I.A, who knows what will happen once he finds new management.

Wilkes -Alright then. On to the fight itself now, Marihuanich beat Shine to earn his shot at the title here at Camp Wars, and Shine is a pretty similar calibre of fighter to Wilson. A striker with a competent ground game ... but not enough so that he was able to keep Marihuanich at bay. With this factor in play, do you think it's going to increase Marihuanich's confidence any heading into this fight?

Williams - It might, but Marihuanich would be foolish if he got too comfortable with that knowledge. Don't forget, Wilson has fought grapplers here at REVO in the past, and defeated them. Better grapplers than Marihuanich as well, guys who earn their bread and butter on the mat. Ramon Hoost, Jeff Dahmer, both BJJ specialists who lost to Wilson. Marihuanich bettered Shine in his fight, but his grappling wasn't to such a stupendous level that would cause me to believe he has what it takes to neutralise my welterweight champion.

Wilkes - Fair enough. That being said, it's undeniable that Wilson struggles more with grapplers. Most of his losses have been against such opponents. He's a good striker, but does he have enough to keep Marihuanich at bay and avoid the ground game?

Williams - Honestly, I think you're overselling Marihuanich's ground game. Again, his showing against Shine wasn't exactly breathtaking in my opinion, and Wilson is a better grappler, however marginally, than Shine. I know I'm biased and all, Langston made that perfectly clear last time around, but I'm pretty confident that Wilson's got this one. You should be asking if Marihuanich's striking is good enough to avoid a knockout. To that, I say ... hell no.

Wilkes - Well, it doesn't get much more emphatic than that! Moving on, moving on.

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/18/18w13.jpg vs http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/11/11w2.jpg

Owen Glyde.................................Goran Schwarzeneg

Liverpool Hometown Keppo

174 cm Height 187 cm

212 lbs Weight 210 lbs

9 - 3 Total Pro Record 15 - 46 - 1

3 - 0 REVO Record 1 - 0

0 REVO Minutes 0

112 Layoff 112

James Dean Fighter Camp Jolon Williams

Wilkes - Here, we have the light heavyweight champion, Robinson camp rep but a member of your own stable, facing off against your camp's top contender in Schwarzeneg. I have to ask. What is the thought process behind choosing Schwarzeneg? I mean, no offense, the guy is well known alright, but for all the wrong reasons. He currently holds the record for the most losses in all of the UK, and he's ranked right up there in the world rankings as well in that regard. Not exactly what you'd expect from a title contender, is it?

Williams - Look, is Schwarzeneg's record brilliant? No. Far from it. Matter of fact, like you said, it's downright hideous. But he's got fifteen wins in his career, right? Out of sixty plus fights? Well, of those fifteen wins, he's had five of them in his last five fights. A five fight winning streak, is that a little more like what you'd expect in a title contender? Here at REVO, we offer everyone a chance. That includes second chances for fighters like Schwarzeneg, who haven't quite been up to par early in their careers. He won his debut here at REVO, and he's currently one of the highest hyped light heavyweights in our organisation, and the highest ranked member of my camp, minus Coogan, who just came off of a loss to Glyde. We couldn't very well book him again, so Schwarzeneg, the second in line, received the opportunity. Don't get me wrong though, Coogan is eager to get back in line, and I'm hardly going to begrudge him his opportunity. He gave Glyde a run for his money in their first meeting, with a bit more time in the gym, who knows?

Wilkes - Alright then. How do you actually fancy Schwarzeneg's chances then? Rex, who Schwarzeneg fought in his debut, and Glyde, are two entirely separate entities as fighters. Do you think Schwarzeneg can take Glyde and claim that 100k bounty in the process?

Williams - Schwarzeneg has experience on his side, he's a tested veteran if nothing else. One thing I would advise him against, at all costs, is trying to go to the ground with Glyde, or otherwise allowing him the opportunity to catch Schwarzeneg off guard and take it down himself. Glyde has an extraordinarily high success rate with submissions. Thus far in his career, he's succeeded at over fifty percent of his attempted submissions. You think about it, that's just downright scary. He's dangerous on his feet as well ... but not as dangerous, you know? Goran's competent on his feet as well, standing and banging is probably his best chance at winning this and bringing the title back to the Williams camp where it belongs.

Wilkes - A fair assessment. That has been mentioned in the past, Glyde's submission prowess. He does seem to know where to pick his spots. Goran isn't known for his knockout power either though. Do you really think he can do it?

Williams - Glyde's chin has been relatively untested, I'd say. He has been knocked out before though, and the guy he was fighting was no Ali. So yes, I'd say it's definitely a possibility.

Wilkes - Alright then, will Schwarzeneg be the man to topple Glyde, send him packing and claim that 100k bounty? A HOF entry to boot, that would definitely be a turn around for his career. Only one way to find out folks, but meanwhile, we're here moving on to the ... co-MAIIIIIN EVEEEENT!

Williams - That 'co' bit just sounded plain awkward there ...

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/22/22w4.jpg vs http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/40/40b23.jpg

Dion Devlin..................................Ayila Obasi

Portsmouth Hometown Lagos

179 cm Height 188 cm

197 lbs Weight 200 lbs

2 - 1 Total Pro Record 14 - 8

2 - 0 REVO Record 1 - 0

5 REVO Minutes 8

112 Layoff 56

Wilkes - Co-Main Event. Devlin defends his title against Obasi. Now, Devlin is the champion, but there seems to be a lot more support behind the veteran Obasi, and rightfully so. Not only is he vastly popular in general with his blend of smacktalk and BJJ, boasting fourteen submission victories out of fourteen victories in general, but Devlin ... Devlin just isn't a man you'd expect to be champ. I mean, 'man' is a term we have to use loosely with this kid. He's sixteen!

Williams - Seventeen, actually. But yes, I can't say I disagree with you. Frankly, I was against him taking the fight. I didn't think he was ready, or even deserved a title shot. But not only was he the top contender at the time, he was pretty much the only guy available in the then Dean Camp. He ended up winning it as well, much to my surprise, and I'm quite certain I'm not the only one who considered it an upset. End of the day though, my organisation comes before my fighters. They know it, I know it. There's a reason those bounties are over their head. I don't want anything tarnishing REVO's reputation, and me having champions in it's ranks just doesn't look good on a professional level. I can't just strip them either though ... REVO fighters have to earn their way up. So a little added incentive, I figured, would be the best way to go. I have a feeling it's going to work at Camp Wars as well.

Wilkes - How do you mean?

Williams - Obasi has made it pretty clear that he's coming for Devlin with the full intent of adding his limbs to an already vast collection. The guy has fourteen submission victories. Our of fourteen victories in general, as you so put it earlier. If that's not proof of a dangerous submission artist, I don't know what is. His success rate might not be as impressive as Glyde's, but he clearly knows how to get the job done nonetheless. He pulled back in the second round after being dominated in the first against Statham, and Statham and Devlin are an identical calibre of fighter. Devlin might get some shots in, but I don't think he's going to be able to defeat Obasi. Hence why I think we're going to see that bounty system in effect tonight.

Wilkes - To use an argument you used yourself earlier though, Obasi can sometimes take a bit of time before cinching in that game ending submission. The Statham fight being a prime example. It took him being dominated in the first round, and half of the second before he managed to lock in. Devlin has finished both of his opponents thus far in the first round, with some pretty decisive looking knockouts.

Williams - Well, when you use my argument against me, it makes a lot of sense. You should do that more often Wilkes, a lot more convincing than your own arguments ...

Wilkes - ... just when I thought we were going to get through a session without such an obviously barbed insult ...

Williams - Hah! What were you thinking? But anyway, yea. What you said is true, but neither fighter in question were the same calibre of grappler as Obasi. Belfort was a striker, not a grappler. Once the fight hit the mat, he didn't stand much of a chance. As for Pistol, he's good for submissions, but he's terrible at getting off his back, and that just puts a damper on the whole mat game proceeding. No, Obasi is twice the grappler of both men combined, maybe even more. And I'm fairly certain the Williams camp will be gaining yet another title to add to it's collection after Camp Wars 3.

Wilkes - Betting against your own stable, I guess you weren't kidding when you said the organisation is more important to you!

Williams - Yeesh. You know, I said my guys know what I'm like, but if they heard all this, they'd probably be a bit pouty. Keep it a bit quieter, would you? They're doing a pretty damn good job elevating my status as a fight manager right now, I'd hate to ruin that.

Wilkes - How do you not pay me more if you're doing so well?

Williams - And on to the MAAAIIIIN EVEEEENT!!!

Wilkes - Hey! Answer me!

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/21/21w24.jpg vs http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/42/42w1.jpg

Will Scarlett......................Andrezj Wrzeszczycki

Nottingham Hometown Szczebrzeszyn

172 cm Height 168 cm

150 lbs Weight 145 lbs

4 - 0 Total Pro Record 14 - 0

4 - 0 REVO Record 1 - 0

3 REVO Minutes 15

112 Layoff 140

Williams - Honestly can't wait for this fight, it's going to be one hell of a slobberknocker. On one hand, you have Will Scarlett. This guy must have bombs in his fists or something. We never knew, when he debuted here at REVO, what a beast he'd turn out to be ... but a beast he is indeed. A true REVO original, his entire career thus far has been with us, he's undefeated, and what's more, each and every one of his fights have ended in first round KO. If it's one guy I want to steal with that whole roulette business, it's definitely Scarlett. But then you have Wrzwhatsit, from Szcwheresit. Seriously, we need a nickname for this guy ... but as far as his prowess within the cage? Speaks for itself. Not only has he got the longest undefeated streak in England, he's one of the foremost undefeated fighters on the entire globe. 14 and 0, but an 0 must go. Whose will it be?

Wilkes - ....

Williams - An excellent point, Wilkes, pointedly made. Wrzwhatsit is coming back from a long hiatus, and while he did defeat Nailatikau in his debut, there's still some fear of cage rust which might impede his performance ... sorry, what was that Wilkes?

Wilkes - ......

Williams - Oh yes, another good point! This will definitely be Scarlett's toughest challenge to date. Have to hand it to the champion, even if he's not in my camp. Not only did he accept Wrzwhatsit's challenge when he was called out, he practically called him out right back! He proved he has the chin to take a decent shot to the noggin after knocking Davison out in a clean stand and bang battle, but even Davison's striking pales in comparison to Wrzwhatsit's.

Wilkes - Fine! I'll finish this broadcast. But only because this fight is too damn exciting not to talk about. I fully intend on continuing our discussion about pay after this. Miguel, make sure he doesn't try to just up and leave.

Williams - Really? You were making such good points until you decided to open your mouth and speak. And Miguel ... that'd be a damn good way to lose your job, so think twice on that one, alright?

Wilkes - God da .... anyway, back to the fight. You raised some fair points of your own while you were talking to yourself, Mr. Williams, but I have to raise a point of my own. Scarlett's been in four fights in REVO. He's been in the REVO cage for three minutes, give or take. Wrzeszczycki ...

Williams - Who?

Wilkes - Wrzeszczycki ...

Williams - Who?

Wilkes - God da ... Wrzwhatsit's ...

Williams - Ah! ...

Wilkes - ... record, while impressive, is brought into question due to the fact that he only barely managed to scrape a victory over Nailatikau in an extraordinarily close fought bout. One fight in REVO, and he's already spent 400% more time in the cage than Scarlett has. Put those figures together, and then decide who's going to win if this fight turns into a stand and bang show.

Williams - That's actually not a terrible point. How much do I pay you again?

Wilkes - On top of that, while Wrzeszczycki ...

Williams - Who?

Wilkes - .... seriously. Learn the names of your own fighters. While Wrzeszczycki's grappling ability is marginally superior to that of Scarlett's, if he tries to close the distance too over zealously, he could wind up eating a good night punch, and the 'O' on his record will be replaced by an 'O' of surprise as he finds himself looking up at those bright lights. Scarlett has the power to take Wrzeszczycki out, I definitely believe it. He's the champion for a reason.

Williams - I'm actually going to agree with you on that. Don't get me wrong, I have full confidence in my challenger. He came in here, beat Nailatikau, one of the finest in the division, and called Scarlett out right away. That takes balls, he's a man who knows his business, knows what he wants and isn't afraid to ask for it. But I have far too much respect for the champion to count him out. It's going to be a good fight.

Wilkes - On that we agree! By the way, I've been meaning to ask you. What exactly is that roulette thing you mentioned earlier?

Williams - The REVO roulette? I've only sent tons of mass mails about it to employees and what have you in order to get it set up in time. It's the trade roulette, to shake things up every year. Random drawings, everyone is eligible, nobody is safe, etc. Should be good fun. Hoping to get me some good names. Hoping not to lose any. Can't ever be certain with these things though, that's what makes it all the more exciting.

Wilkes - Well, alright then! That means that even after Camp Wars is over, well, Camp Wars won't be over! I'm Samuel Wilkes, with Jolon Williams, wishing you a good night ladies and gents. Only a few sleeps away, and I can hardly wait! .... now, Mr. Williams, seriously, about my pay ...

Williams - What are you talking about? Once Camp Wars is over, of course it's over. Anyway, good night, good night. Out of my way Miguel ..

Wilkes - Don't change the subject ... hey!

Can you pick the winners? Visit REVO Betting here or here to place your bets now!

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/7/7b14.jpg

Elmo Salty

When I fought Lex Luther and lost, people criticized me because I tapped to strikes. They questioned my heart, but people didn't see that I'm a teenager who's just starting in this game trying to fight a guy who's an elite striker and has trained all his life. But that loss still haunts me because of how that fight ended. I tapped. One of the reasons why I took this fight because of that. I'm knocking guys left and right but that question still hangs in my mind. HEART. And I took the fight because here's what I found out.

They said my opponent is the favorite, it's undeniable. On paper, He's already a better fighter than I am. A decorated grappler, a very experienced guy who has been in the business in a long time (at least longer than I have). Obviously a well trained big 285lb machine. Fought guys who are arguably better than me in terms of length in training and in skillset just like Mr. Luther. A really strong guy eh? But I'm fighting him because I want y'all to know I'm no Mathematician, and I'm no scientist to care about records and skillsets. I ain't afraid of this dude and here's what's up, He's never been where I am now, He has never had what I have, and he can be the guy that all the people is saying about him, but he has never been like me. A CHAMP! And no one is taking that away from me, not these regular fanboys not Logan Brown, not anyone. I lost before, and I may lose again but I refuse to go out without a fight, that's why I'm here in London. And here's what's up, I don't need a belt to prove that. I don't need anyone to believe in me, I believe in my self! I appreciate your comments Mr. Williams, and I want to send shout outs to the very few guys who supports me. But I took this fight because of this reason I am a Champion! I ain't no chump, I'm not gonna duck this dude! I ain't fighting this guy to prove my heart to anyone especially to my critics. I'm fighting for the guys who believed in me, and most especially, I took this fight FOR ME! This coming fight night, I'm facing the ghost that kept haunting me day and night in the gym. I'm facing the doubts, and the questions about my heart. Win or lose, this fight will be my personal vindication. For some people, I'm coming in to this fight with a sure loss. But that doesn't matter because I'm coming in to this fight already a winner. Like what I've said before, I'm still up and coming. But I already consider this fight one of the greatest battle that I already conquered. No one can question my heart anymore.

Back then in the Jeremey Vega fight, the finals of the QFC tournament. I know people are counting me out and I know that in his mind I don't stand a chance because back then, he's the better striker than I am, but guess what? I took the fight to him, took shots, went forward throw my own punches,win and sent him to RETIREMENT! Mr. Logan, I had a chance not to take this fight, and surrender the belt but I want you to know that I ain't gonna back down. I'm gonna get in there and hit you with whatever I have. I'm not coming in to lose! I'm gonna stuff your takedowns and throw all my punches with bad intentions and knock yo ass out!

Thank you K-Rad. Your comment is definitely appreciated. But that post right there by Axewand? That shit right there is what makes REVO. I honest to god loved that right there, and find myself cheering Salty on all the more now. Great stuff man, absolutely fantastic. My hat is off to you.

Elmo Salty

When I fought Lex Luther and lost, people criticized me because I tapped to strikes. They questioned my heart, but people didn't see that I'm a teenager who's just starting in this game trying to fight a guy who's an elite striker and has trained all his life. But that loss still haunts me because of how that fight ended. I tapped. One of the reasons why I took this fight because of that. I'm knocking guys left and right but that question still hangs in my mind. HEART. And I took the fight because here's what I found out.

They said my opponent is the favorite, it's undeniable. On paper, He's already a better fighter than I am. A decorated grappler, a very experienced guy who has been in the business in a long time (at least longer than I have). Obviously a well trained big 285lb machine. Fought guys who are arguably better than me in terms of length in training and in skillset just like Mr. Luther. A really strong guy eh? But I'm fighting him because I want y'all to know I'm no Mathematician, and I'm no scientist to care about records and skillsets. I ain't afraid of this dude and here's what's up, He's never been where I am now, He has never had what I have, and he can be the guy that all the people is saying about him, but he has never been like me. A CHAMP! And no one is taking that away from me, not these regular fanboys not Logan Brown, not anyone. I lost before, and I may lose again but I refuse to go out without a fight, that's why I'm here in London. And here's what's up, I don't need a belt to prove that. I don't need anyone to believe in me, I believe in my self! I appreciate your comments Mr. Williams, and I want to send shout outs to the very few guys who supports me. But I took this fight because of this reason I am a Champion! I ain't no chump, I'm not gonna duck this dude! I ain't fighting this guy to prove my heart to anyone especially to my critics. I'm fighting for the guys who believed in me, and most especially, I took this fight FOR ME! This coming fight night, I'm facing the ghost that kept haunting me day and night in the gym. I'm facing the doubts, and the questions about my heart. Win or lose, this fight will be my personal vindication. For some people, I'm coming in to this fight with a sure loss. But that doesn't matter because I'm coming in to this fight already a winner. Like what I've said before, I'm still up and coming. But I already consider this fight one of the greatest battle that I already conquered. No one can question my heart anymore.

Back then in the Jeremey Vega fight, the finals of the QFC tournament. I know people are counting me out and I know that in his mind I don't stand a chance because back then, he's the better striker than I am, but guess what? I took the fight to him, took shots, went forward throw my own punches,win and sent him to RETIREMENT! Mr. Logan, I had a chance not to take this fight, and surrender the belt but I want you to know that I ain't gonna back down. I'm gonna get in there and hit you with whatever I have. I'm not coming in to lose! I'm gonna stuff your takedowns and throw all my punches with bad intentions and knock yo ass out!

Im glad you had the cahones to take the fight man. I will give you props for that, but you will regret it. Have you knocked some dudes out? Sure you have. Have I been knocked out? Yes. But these were elite guys, world champions with superb wrestling to back it up. I have knocked out a few guys myself.... 14 to be exact. So I suggest you keep those high and that chin tucked and start praying I can't get you on your back. Good luck, you're gonna need it.

Im glad you had the cahones to take the fight man. I will give you props for that, but you will regret it. Have you knocked some dudes out? Sure you have. Have I been knocked out? Yes. But these were elite guys, world champions with superb wrestling to back it up. I have knocked out a few guys myself.... 14 to be exact. So I suggest you keep those high and that chin tucked and start praying I can't get you on your back. Good luck, you're gonna need it.

Elmo Salty

I ain't gonna regret anything, and I ain't scared of you. The question is not can you knock me out? Because obviously you can, But can I knock you out? I'm pretty sure I can too. If you try to stand with me, I'm gonna put on the worst beating that you will ever have. But I know wrestlers don't do that, they are too afraid of trading punches. But I'm not here to disrespect you just because you wouldn't, but I'm gonna go out there and do my best to put a hole in that face. By the way, I don't need luck. Luck is for losers! I trained hard, if I lose, I guess people won't be surprised, hats of to you. But if I knock you out, you're gonna regret you fought me. It would be a shame and I would understand if you retire. I got nothing to lose. So I suggest you keep those high and that chin tucked and start praying I can't land a single punch on your chin. Good luck, you're gonna need it more.

Jeremy Stapleton

@JSHoodz

Ready for @Narushima26 today! #CampWars3 goin off in a couple hours...lets go! HOODZ! also S/O to @StickyHerbG420 and his fight with Locke in @HBGG #TaporSnap @Hoodz @TPondHoodz @EastonWestHoodz @TeamConquer @ConquerClothing @REVOWilliamsCamp @MrRobinsonREVO @JBomb10

10/05/13 4:49 PM

Elmo Salty

Man, the moment I missed that combination and once the fight went to the ground I didn't knew what to do. Props to you Logan Brown congratulations you're the new champ. I lost but again I will be back, train harder, learn some ground skills perhaps learn jiujitsu and do better than closing my eyes and waving my arms next time I fight haha! I'm still 19, there's still a bright future for me. I believe with the potential that I have, I will be better and soon be the champ again. I train on a public gym with guys that can not provide the training and the level of sparring that I need, if somebody could help me transfer to a private gym, I would definitely appreciate. To my REVO bosses, thank you guys for giving me the chance to be the youngest guy to win the championship in the org history! I'm going home to Helsinki now, but I am going home fulfilled knowing that even though I lost, I proved something to myself (aside from my 0 ground game) I will grow out of this experience, and to my fans, next time, I promise, that wild combination that you saw will land on somebody's face next time but for now, goodbye London.

I read only a part of the text because I'm really tired and I'll do it later, but after I had read a few paragraphs I can only say... it's awesome, masterpiece!

Jeremy Stapleton

@JSHoodz

Yayuuuuuh! Got some sweet #Revenge! Yo @Narushima26 u gettin older by the second. u hit ur peak...its nothin personal, just science. Ay @CMartelOfficial after party is over at Ministry of Sound, get at me! #MyTimeIsNow #FutureLooksBright @HOODZ @EastonWestHoodz @TPondHoodz @JBomb10 @TeamConquer @ConquerClothing @HeisenbergClothing @REVOWilliamsCamp @MrRobinsonREVO @MinistryOfSoundClub

10/05/13 7:22 PM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tanner Pond @TPondHoodz 4m

fuck yeah homie! another #1stRoundKO HOODZ!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Easton West @EastonWestHoodz 4m

yeeeeeeah! ima smash the bing mofo tonite n fly out to watch @TPondHoodz

in his first pro fight! @JSHoodz

Jeremy Stapleton @JSHoodz 5m

@EastonWestHoodz Smash n dash...get out here asap. Ministry Of Sound is

gonna be off the heez!

Charles Martel @CMartelOfficial 6m

@JSHoodz Great win. You're def making a name for yourself. Soon enough,

you'll be on my level lol. I'll see you guys tonight. Peace...

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/26/26w10.jpg

"Gentleman" George Wilson

Well, after competing in my third "Camp Wars" as Champ I feel that as a Gentleman that i should finally break my silence.

I have been really quiet and imposed a media ban due to the fact that i felt my opponents have been a bit below me. This was also the case against my latest opponent Bariga Mari.... um, Mari....

(Whispers to his manager about how to pronounce Bariga Marihuarich's name)

Um... Bariga! Anyways, I feel that as Champion it is not "Gentleman-like" of me to not pay the proper respect to my opponent. Especially as this is the first opponent I have had in REVO that actually pushed me to my limit. Anytime you want to have a drink, the beer is on me!

Bariga, if you earn yourself some more wins you are more than welcome to have another shot at my belt. But let's hope that isnt anytime soon.

Also congrats to my Williams team mate Stapleton. You have also earned yourself a beer courtesy of "The Gentleman." Put it on my tab :)

• Upvote 1