Unleashed Chaos Fight League

TheMould

Unleashed Chaos Fight League

Unleashed Chaos Fight League is a new organisation based in Tokyo, Japan, which is looking to grow and expand.

UCFL are looking to work with any skilled fighter who believes they have what it takes to be the best, as well as rookie fighters (in the ID restricted open weight division*) who want to be the future of the company.

Staff;

Owner: Damien Washington

Vice-President: Dan "TheMould" Milner

Recruiting Fights;

Recruiting any skilled, active, confident fighters in all weight classes except...

265+ lbs (Super Heavyweight) is a 245k ID+ only open-weight division for all rookie fighters who want to be the next big thing

Any Questions PM any member of staff

Unleashed Chaos Fight League Press Release

Friday 6th June 2014

The Tokyo based organisation begins anew life with a fresh name, new ownership with new ideas (but the same fighters you loved so much to watch) and much much more!

Damien Washington has taken control of the organisation known as UCFL and placed fellow RISSA member, Dan “TheMould” Milner, as Vice-President of the company as he looks to turn the Tokyo organisation into a force to be reckoned with. The two have brought in some fresh ideas for the organisation and have confirmed to Championship Press Association that they will do whatever it takes and match the hard work of their fighters to bring this organisation to the top.

New talents have already signed since the announcement of the takeover, with names such as Sabin Figaro, Joulu "Perse" Pukki and Baas Baako having already signed on the dotted line for the company to join the likes of UCFL fan favourites Birigiz Ignatiev and Randy "The Rocker" Slader. Daniel Milner also said “Old members of the roster need not worry, as they will all be accommodated for as well, due to the loyalty showed during the last month or two while we were trying to make this all happen – we cannot be more grateful”.

Along with the new name, ownership and fighters the UCFL will bring you some exciting new concepts and promises the organisation it hasn’t previously witnessed. Firstly is the idea of rankings and title fights, which shall be decided after the first couple of week’s bouts. Rankings will be published on a fortnightly+ (14-21day) cycle so the fighters can keep an eye on who’s getting close to a title shot.

Along with those changes, one major and more impactful one is coming in too, and that is the reformatting of what was the “Super Heavyweight” division and turning that in an open-weight, 245k ID restricted division for the future of UCFL to develop their skills and compete against others of similar age. This division may be open weight but all match-ups will be based upon size as well as skill to keep the fights as even as possible.

Unleashed Chaos Fight League (formerly known as Evil Evolution) on the night of Thursday 5th June was sold to and taken over by new ownership at a pivotal moment in the organisations existence. With the organisation seemingly falling and concerns being expressed from its fighters publicly, an 11th hour bid from Damien “DW” Washington came in to flip the organisation on its head. 24 hours later, the org has been rebranded, cards and roster adjusted and beginning a new life with a lot of people excited. With both the experience and financial backing that Washington can bring, as well as the support that will undoubtable provided by his fellow RISSA members, it is clear to see why many now see a very bright future for the organisation now known as Unleashed Chaos Fight League.

Report by,

Rachel Barker

Championship Press Association

Report Sponsored by Championship Clothing – Clothing for the champions and laundry on request, because even Champions have to do the washing occasionally.

*Early Event Preview!*

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/224/8/4/24th_tokyo_bay_grand_fireworks_festival_by_masahiro_ihara-d5atgst.jpg

UCFL Opening Ceremony

(Event Link)

Live at The Underground, Tokyo on Friday 20th June

Main Event

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/1/1b19.jpg VS http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/42/42w34.jpg

(16-11) "Obama" Ben Ladin. VS.......... Ilya Murometz (25-16)

Co-Main Event

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/33/33w14.jpg vs http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/38/38w20.jpg

(22-13) Yuya Inoue.... vs. Jaakko Jussila (21-20)

Main Card

(13-5-0) Randy Slader vs Vitor Gracie (32-27-2)

(6-2) Dakker Kane vs David Berkowitz (19-16)

(15-7) Malutin Andrey vs Shinji Tanaka (11-9)

(22-11) Adam Vymiatajec vs Andrei Chikatilo (19-12)

Undercard

(5-0) Rodrigo Silva vs Antonio Gracie (5-2)

(1-0) Seok Yi vs Jung Ho Park (0-1)

(2-0) Lauren Hayes vs Hadyn Coiro (1-1)

(1-0) Luke Milner vs Nemo Nautilus (0-3)

*Full preview to come!*

UCFL’s Vice President Dan Milner Media Scrum Highlights

When Dan “TheMould” Milner emerged from the offices of the Tokyo MMA Commission after finalizing the deal for Unleashed Chaos Fight League to provide two shows this weekend, he was met by journalists who had several pressing questions for the Vice-President of the org.

Rachel Barker, of Championship Press Association : Dan, one of many meetings I understand you’ve been attending over the past couples of days, obviously this one was routine but are there any details you can share with us or anything out of the ordinary occur during todays with the MMA commission?

Dan Milner: The usual really going into an event a weekend with back to back events and all went smoothly but after the busy week I’ve had myself that’s been very welcome!

Rachel Barker, CPA: You just alluded to it but my following question was going to be, it has seemed to have been a busy week for yourself and you’ve been hard to get hold off after the initial press release announcing UCFL’s rebranding and fresh start, what has been going on that’s kept you from having as much public presence as your normally do?

DM: There are quite a few things I can’t talk about as I’m sure you can all appreciate but without going into detail, I’ve spent most of my time negotiating and figuring out with my man DW what direction we want to go with for the organisation. A lot of time really has been put into negotiating, with TV deals, fighters, sponsorships – I really like to know the people I’m working with, particularly my fighters, I like to build a solid relationship with them. If you know the fighter personally, you know their character and what they are capable of delivering in the cage.

Calvin Hobbs, J-Sports: You just eluded to beginning negotiations with television companies, does that mean regular TV shows and/or Pay-Per-Views are in the near future of UCFL? And if so who is interested and/or likely to be carrying the product?

DM: I can’t give away too many details at this present time and an official announcement will be made over the next month or so about coverage of events on various media platforms. All I can say for now is we have begun a sports initiative partnership with YouTube, who on our own YouTube will have replays of all of our “main card” bouts from each of our events. These will be made available to the public in the week following an event so we can share our product with a wider, international, fan base.

Akio Hayashi, Tokyo MMA: Two huge events coming up in the history of your company and looking at your cards they are very strong indeed. Which fights you are personally looking forward to and what fighters do you think have it in them to bring home a “Of The Night” bonus.

DM: That’s pretty much the same question twice isn’t it, haha, Out of all twenty fights we’ll be running this weekend out of Tokyo it’s impossible to pick just a single fight or fighter that will step up and really earn an award like that. Slader vs Gracie which will be main eventing our opening ceremony obviously is a big fight, if it wasn’t it wouldn’t be top of the billing but other fights lower down such as Kane vs Berkowitz should be great.

One fight in particular that when we were putting match-ups together on the card was really grabbing my attention was that of Inoue vs Jussila, it’s the classic story of striker vs grappler and will really be decided on the takedown ability and defence of each opponent. That fight really has the opportunity of winning any of the three awards on the night because of the KO power or Jussila and how Inoue can pull a submission out of anywhere on the ground.

Calvin Hobbs, J-Sport: One last question Dan, we haven’t had much chance just yet to see fighters call out opponents, do interviews or just generally interact with each other or the public but when they have you’ve seemed to respond very positively to it so far by giving both fans and fighters what they want, will this continue?

DM: Absolutely! I’m sure I’m like a lot of the fans watching, I love a good rivalry leading up to a fight and if two guys have a beef, what better place to let it out than in the cage and leading up to a fight. I encourage fighters to call each other out and interact with fans, because it’s what the UCFL fans want to see and to be honest with you all, it’s what I want to see to! If two guys come to me and say they want to scrap or get into a verbal altercation then I want to give them the chance to display their goods.

That will be all for today guys, thank you for your questions and I will happily answer anymore that you have at a later date at one of our scheduled press conferences. I can’t wait for the event and hope to see everybody there in amongst our top fans this weekend for our two opening shows!

UCFL begins their fresh beginning live from The Underground, Tokyo on Friday 20th June and then continues the next day with their first all MMA show, UCFL #1: Total Domination in the same venue on Saturday 21st June! Join us live in person or watch the replay, which will be released on YouTube.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1402043971yf;k.png

The Unleashed Chaos Fight League

Opening Weekend Preview!

Welcome to the pre-show preview of UCFL’s opening weekend where we here at Championship Press Association will cover both of the events coming out of The Underground, Tokyo on Friday (20th) and Saturday (21st) of June. The Openning Ceremony and UCFL #1: Total Domination have got the fans across the globe of MMA excited and we want to get their mouths watering even more for what’s to come over the two events.

UCFL Opening Ceremony

We’ll start where we should, at the beginning, with the UCFL opening ceremony. This card is jam packed with the faces the fans already know here in Tokyo from the time the organisation spent under another name. The card is headed by the young hot Randy “The Rocker” Slader (13-5-0) who will take on the fan favourite veteran Vitor "Anaconda" Gracie (32-17-2). This has a lot of fans excited as it’s not only a potential passing of the torch and the ending to the first night in the history of the UCFL but it’s also got the potential to be the fight of the night. This will be your typical stand-up striker vs technical submission artist, with the 42-year old Gracie taking an impressive 21 submission victories in his career and his opponent Slade preferring to knock some people’s heads off having won most of his fights by KO. It’s not very often I sit here and comfortably predict a main effect will have a finish but I’d happily predict a definitive one on Friday night in this one!

The co-main event of the evening will also be a closely contested affair when we see Ben Ladin faces Ilya Murometz for the second time in this Heavyweight clash. The last time these two met Ben Ladin suffered an early first round loss when he was knocked down and finished by a hungry Murometz but not very many people see that happening again with Ladin coming in off the back of a victory against Rostam Samani.

Another rematch on the card, showing fresh starts and new chances are available is the match-up between Yuya Inoue and Jaakko Jussila. Following their first match – a submission victory in clinical style for Yuya Inoue – Jaakko Jussila has been near inconsolable and walking round like a man who’s lost everything. The change in management in UCFL has given him the promise of a fresh chance and the opportunity to prove himself. Inoue was more than happy to partake in the rematch aswell as he has full confidence in his ability to repeat that and take one more submission victory. The real decider or this fight is if Jussila can keep it stood up, if so he remains in control and likely winner but the second Inoue gets it down to the mat (if he can) it’ll all be over!

Another fight which has my attention a contest that’s not even on the main card and to be completely honest, it’s more about the situation around the fight than the quality when these two bantamweight face off. Yi vs Park is unlikely to be the clinical display of some on the main card for the opening event in the history of UCFL but it certainly will be an emotional one as it will be Parks final fight before retirement. The grappler has apparently been suffering from some health issues but will be wanting to finish his career on a high note after promising the fans one last fight.

UCFL #1: Total Domination

There are plenty of other top fights on the opening nights card but we have a jam packed weekend of action from Unleashed Chaos Fight League to cover and we’ll now turn our attention to the other event of the evening, the companies first official fight card following the opening night, UCFL #1: Total Domination! A fight card that will feature 10 more top bouts and has been near set in stone since Thursday 12th June and the fans with be excited about this one.

Events in Associations with CHAOS Clothing - both clothing and laundry available at a reasonable price.

Report by

Championship Press Association

More coverage will follow with post-fight analysis and the post event press-conference coming over the coming days following the two events.

Sorry if you didn't get your fight covered on here guys, was short on time due to RL commitments - future events will be more details

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1402043971yf;k.png

UCFL Opening Weekend Review Show (Part One)

A strong panel featuring Championship Press Associations Rachel Barker, UCFL Vice-President Dan Milner and Calvin Hobbs of J-Sport discuss both UCFL’s Openning Ceremony and their first event, Total Domination, on tonight’s review show. Part one see’s the three discuss UCFL’s Opening Ceremony.

UCFL Opening Ceremony

Thoughts on the opening fight of the new beginning for the organisation between Luke Milner and Nemo Nautilus?

Rachel Barker: I thought it was a very convincing performance from Milner on Friday evening and it was a great start to the show, nearly deserving of submission of the night with his finish as well. His technique was spot on for the submission when he locked in that arm-triangle to take the victory but what really impressed me was how aggressive he was while not sacrificing any of the technique. He didn’t mess about and that showed whether you just see the result or the actual fight as he decisively took the submission victory after only 30 seconds.

Hayes and Park both took victories in their final fights from UCFL against Coiro and Yi, are you sad to see them leave and wind their careers up so young?

Calvin Hobbs: I think it was the perfect way for all four of those men to finish up their career, unfortunately Coiro and Yi both leave with losses but Hayes and Park left to respectful applause from the fans, and at the level these men were at you have to understand just why they left. Your health and life opportunities sometimes have to come before your fighting, none of these guys were ever going to set the world on fire but they all played their part during their careers.

Dan Milner: Yeah of course, I never like to see fighters leave the organisation, let alone leave the fight game all together but it’s a decision I respect from all four.

Silva vs Gracie was the only fight to make it to a decision but some fans are saying that’s more down to the fighters holding back than a stalemate, is that something you agree with?

Dan Milner: I think any fans that are thinking that are delusional and/or simply stupid, bloody hungry cave animals. I will agree it wasn’t the most entertaining fight for those who do not enjoy a technical display but neither fighter really held back. I feel after the first round Silva simply outclassed Gracie and controlled so well but Gracie did defend well and never gave in once so hats off their. I think Silva has real potential here in Unleashed Chaos Fight League, he just needs to fulfil it over time and with victories like tonights, and he will do.

Shinji Tanaka not only took a submission victory over Andrey but he also took Sub of the Night, do you think this rightly edged out Luke Milner’s Submission earlier on in the night?

Rachel Barker: Yes and no, on the submission itself, I feel it’s a matter of preference, both fighters got their respective holds in deep and Nemo may have not defended Milner’s well but it was a good hold from Milner none the less. What really gave Tanaka the edge for me on the winning of the award was the situation he won it in. Tanaka got battered for 13 minutes straight, he’s clearly loosing on the cards and Andrey is looking for the decision victory but he turns it up a gear, empties the gas tank and gets the Guillotine. If Andrey had have escaped that Tanaka would’ve lost the fight, it would’ve been all over but he held it and got that W. It was a great comeback and I don’t even think his corner saw it coming or believed it was going to happen until it did.

*Advert*

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1402945163ChaosClothingLogo(plain).jpg

Chaos Clothing – Great clothing and fast, reliable laundry for all!

Vymiatajec got beat tonight by one of the most controversial finished, a submission TK,O when Andrei Chikatilo took victory Saturday night

Rachel Barker: I know Calvin is quiet opinionated on this so I’ll let him get his say in just a second but first I’ve got to say, what a popular fight Andrei Chikatilo is becoming, the fans love this man! Dan you guys at UCFL do not give this guy enough hype before his fights, the fans went crazy for him after this win!

Dan Milner: *laughs* Well yeah, he was coming in of the back of two losses but this is a man that it looks like the takeover and break/transition period enforced by it really suited him. It was an impressive victory and the fans do enjoy watching a 28 year old who has 30+ fights under his belt.

Calvin Hobbs: I completely agree, it’s a great victory, nothing should be taken away from him but I want to know how the hell this is classified as a TKO victory if the opposition has tapped, verbally or physically, the man tapped! It’s a submission win! And how can you, if you’re not going to call it a submission in the first place, have the audacity to call it a Submission TKO victory… it’s ridiculous but I’ll try not let my rant take away from the decisiveness of Chikatilo’s victory, it was a great performance by the man and hopefully he’ll follow on with more.

Less controversially Berkowitz knocked Kane out cold in the middle of the cage…

Dan Milner: Yeah, simply put he truly finished him, a fight does not end any more decisively than this one did as Berkowitz really put physical beating on Kane and then finished him with a phenominal straight right that nearly took Kane’s head off, if that’s not knock-out power what is?

Calvin Hobbs: I agree with Dan, true knockout power on display from Berkowitz and to be honest, it’s been too long since we last saw it, we’ve seen some knockdowns from him, but it isn’t since early on in his career have we seen him lay somebody out like that and I loved every millisecond of it! Give me some more of that to talk!

Submission beat stand-up when Yaya Inoue took a dominant victory over Jaakko Jussila but was it the way you expected?

Calvin Hobbs: Not a chance! Nobody put money on that, if Inoue was taking the victory then everybody had him doing it by submission and possibly a decision, at a push, but with these guys records of 19 submission victories and 17 T/KO victories respectively, nobody had a decision as a real plausible situation. It’s great to see a fighter give himself some variety later on in their career.

Rachel Barker: Dan I’m looking and see two straight for Inoue, although both are over Jussila, does that push him up for a title shot, there aren’t many fighters more popular than him. Sorry Dan but you knew this question was coming at some point *laughs*

Dan Milner: haha, possible, very possible, but I as I’ve always said, in my eyes it doesn’t matter what you’ve done in the past, so other org records don’t interest me for now but what have you done for me lately is the big question. And Inoue has done his fair share, so he’s always in with a shout.

*Advert*

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/1396562162Alliance%20logo.png

RISSA Alliance, Re-inventing the Engine

The co-main event saw Ilya Murometz and Ladin not even make the two minute fight as Murometz took a TKO victory after 1:32.

Dan Milner: Well to be honest I was hoping, in an ideal world, it would’ve gone further and lasted a bit longer but it really was a fantastic fight, a great advertisement for the organisation and the passion the fighters have not only for us but also their fighting. Ladin was unlucky because he got an early advantage and did some damage but at the end of the day Ilya took the victory through heart and it was deserved.

Rachel Barker: I agree, it was real heart from Murometz to stop the bleeding, quite literally, and take control to grab the win.

Calvin Hobbs: It was a bit all on the line for my liking, I don’t know what the game plan was coming in for both men but it seemed to get chucked out the window fairly quickly. Both men left it all on the line, that’s fantastic, but fighting the way both men did in that aggressive manner leaves a lot of opportunity for a quick finish and for an injury. We know we saw a quick finish but another question is did that fight leave either man injured coming out?

Rachel Barker: But Calvin, wouldn’t you rather see two men go out there and lay in on the line. Every fighter knows they are going to get hurt and these two put that aside to try impress and progress their career.

Calvin Hobbs: Maybe so but when two fighters go like that, maybe it excited the fans but Dan, as a fan of fighting you enjoy watching the fight but does it impress you. Doesn’t that make you think “oh if either of those men go on to face somebody who can whether that storm, they will get battered in the long run” because it’s impossible to keep that kind of aggression without gassing yourself.

Daniel Milner: I see where you are coming from and my argument to that is game planning and sticking to it, how do we know to go out there and swing for the fences wasn’t both men’s game plan? We don’t know what they truly planned to do in the cage but we saw what ended up unfolding in there and that gave the fans some entertainment and was well worth the co-main event slot in my opinion. If the fans and fighters are happy then I am too and while Ladin would’ve preferred the win I know he was happy with the match-up and it turns out the fans ended up loving it too, so that’s what’s really important.

The main-event of the night saw Randy “TheRocker” Slader win by TKO against a valiant but unuseful Vitor Gracie, what do you guys think was the difference and opinions on the fight itself?

Calvin Hobbs: It wasn’t the great fight we’d been hoping for in the build-up and I don’t think either fighter did too much to convince DW or Dan that they deserved a shot at the gold after this but Slader did enough to take the victory. The finish itself was of top quality, Slader’s timing was phenomenal to counter with that great uppercut and you really can’t ask for much more from your fighter when it comes to protecting yourself as the opposition begins, or in this case attempts to begin, a final frenzied attack in the round.

Dan Milner: I didn’t think it was a poor fight by any stretch of the imagination and I think MMA Tycoon has rated the fight fairly harshly but then again, that may be down to how dominant “The Rocker” was during this one and with the result never appearing to be in doubt. I must say, Slader would’ve had KO of the night if it wasn’t for the great one punch by Berkowitz earlier in the night.

Rachel Barker: I’ll tell you what made the difference for me, and it isn’t even during the fight, it was in the build-up. I think having your training camp and strategy arranged and planned by Bawon Samedi whose record of fighters he’s pushed onto new heights is endless. Is Slader in the same league as Dweedle Dee, of course not but he’s certainly on the way to being a major competitor in Unleashed Chaos.

Daniel Milner: I know he’s a fighter in my organisation but I disagree with that sorry to say Rachel, I think Slader may not YET be at the level of somebody like Dee but he sure could be one day. Look how good Slader is now and look at his age. 26 year years of age and he has opportunity to go on and truly be a force to be reckoned with. He is obviously a real contender here in Unleashed Chaos Fight League but I think he’s a force in the whole of the 170lbs division across the globe, people will not only travel to see this guy but also to fight him in the future.

Calvin Hobbs: Dan may appear slightly biased but he is right, the only thing that I have on the back of my mind is, is can UCFL keep hold of a talent like Slader, you’ve got to keep feeding him Dan, will the organisation grow as quick as the likes of Slader. That’s the real question.

Dan Milner: I have to say yes, for obvious reasons *laughs* but on a serious note, I see no reason why not, the likes of Slader can carry us forward and we can build our brand and division around the likes of him. This is just one fight, so don’t think I’m getting carried away but there are other like him who know how to get the job done and the fans enjoy watching him do it. Tonight may not have been a great war we are used to seeing, but the next fight could well be, either way he’s a threat to his opponent and he always has a chance of winning, well, more than a chance.

And finally guys do you have any last thought on the opening night of Unleashed Chaos Fight League….

Rachel Barker: Not particularly really, it was a solid event, I feel it could’ve been better but as the first it did its job, it got UCFL off to a good, solid start with Damien Washington at the helm and gave them a strong starting point which is what the organisation needed.

Calvin Hobbs: Agree very much with Rachel and will let Dan have the last say but I enjoyed the show quiet a lot, minus the whole TKO/Submission rubbish *laughs* but that’s across the whole of MMA! I must say a good start Dan, full capacity with 1,000 people packing the Underground in Tokyo, keep up the great work guys!

Dan Milner: Thanks for having me on the show and thanks for all the support, I’m a very ambitious guy and I’ll always look to improve the organisation as well as my skills in helping run it. I can’t wait till next weekend when we have UCFL #2: Bad Intentions coming from Tokyo live again, so stay tuned for more their!

Part Two to follow soon…..

UCFL Opening Weekend Review Show (Part Two)

Thank you for joining us after the break as we got back to the expert panel or CPA’s Rachel Barker, UCFL Vice-President Dan Milner and Calvin Hobbs of J-Sport discussing both UCFL’s Openning Ceremony and their first event, Total Domination, on tonight’s review show. In the second half of the show the three will discuss UCFL #1: Total Domination.

UCFL #1: Total Domination

Michael Bisping starts the second show the same way Luke Milner did the first with an Armbar submission victory over Tyler Miller

Rachel Barker: Michael Bisping promised it and the man really delivered, pre-fight he said it would be a victory and the fans would have the pleasure of watching and we did. I can’t really say much else outside of that. Miller got the takedown and should’ve been in control but was sloppy on the ground, either that or Bisping is just that good off his back to make Tyler look poor tonight. Either way it was a job well done by Bisping and not much else should be said, he deserved the of the night award for how fluid the move into the armbar was.

Anderson Silva remains unbeaten in his career with a Kimura Submission victory against Gio Avila, with only 5 seconds left in round 2!

Calvin Hobbs: 5 seconds…. 5 damn seconds and he couldn’t hold off Silva or withstand the pressure Silva was applying once he got it locked in. Personally I call that a lack of heart, take nothing away from Silva, he took advantage and locked it in well but Gio should really be ashamed of that performance. We’d been hearing in the build-up how successful training was and just how good he’d looked in camp but it’s all wasted if you don’t show some heart and fire in the cage on the night.

Evander put down Nomak early in the second with some solid strikes that left the official with no choice but to stop the fight

Dan Milner: I know I was meant to talk on this fight but it seems Calvin is hot tonight and probably best to let him get his opinions out as I can see him litrally biting his tounge out the corner of my eye.

Calvin Hobbs: *laughs* It’s not quiet that bad but I do have one thing to say, Gio Avila I hope you were watching this fight because even though Paul Nomak went down this kid showed heart! He was left on wobbly legs, getting pounded towards the end of the first and he may have gone purely on the defensive but Nomak showed some real fight and desire, he showed heart Gio! Learn from it!

Dan Milner: Think I’d better step in before Calvin’s blood pressure explodes through the roof *laughs* I don’t have much to add but I think Nomak did show some courage but Evander was pure class tonight, toward the end of that fight he was untouchable, his confidence was flowing and he looked great. I’m also going to stick up for Gio here because I don’t feel his performance was bad at all and how many people could last 10 seconds in a full locked on Kimura, I don’t know many! He held for 5 but god knows what damage would’ve been done if he hadn’t have tapped, he’d most likely not been able to continue anyway and we’d have likely seen a doctors stoppage between rounds if he’d had his arm broke

Was the scoring correct for Wanatabe vs Joaquin as Wanatabe left victorious by Majority Decision?

Rachel Barker: I feel for the judges as much as I feel for the fans watching, while there was a lot of technical ability on show in terms of positions and defence there was not a lot of offense to score from either man. I can’t truthfully say I enjoyed the fight much myself but I will say I feel the right fighter had their hand raised at the end. I’m not a fan of decisions due to the nature of scoring in MMA but I think we can all agree Wanatabe was the rightful winner but it’s not a fight I want to see happen again anytime soon.

In the Welterweight division BeeJay Penn took a quick but dominant victory over Yeerum by TKO showing the 39-year-old still doesn’t miss a beat, will BeeJay slow down soon?

Calvin Hobbs: oh it’s inevitable that it’ll happen at some point but it appears with that performance the answer is not just yet. Penn was solid and controlled the short fight from start to finish taking the re-match in even quicker time than he took the first. Penn must be in good standing with new management after such an impressive display, he really kicked the main card off well.

Rachel Barker: Yeah there really isn’t much to say on this one, BeeJay hit that slam with real power and left Yeerum out with that alone, some may have awarded that as KO because Yeerums eyes were in the back of his head. My only gripe with the fight is BeeJay didn’t get KO of the night but I can see why it was awarded to Saber – I’m guessing we’ll get to that soon though!

*Advert*

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1402945163ChaosClothingLogo(plain).jpg

Chaos Clothing - All your clothing needs and reliable quick laundry (@82.5-87.5% return)

Killian and Apollyon went the full 15 minute decision in an entertaining fight that was dominated by Apollyon, will Killian be disappointed to have not won a round on any of the judges’ score cards?

Dan Milner: I really hope he is disappointed, if he isn’t then I’m not sure I want him here in Unleashed Chaos because I want fighter who if they by decision, then they are disappointed they haven’t finished their opponent. This is a cage where chaos should take place, not complete control and I know Killian will be looking to come back and bring a bit more next time. We haven’t got a fight lined up for him just yet but I’m sure we can find him a tough opposition. On the other side of things I think Apollyon was disappointed not to get the finish because at times he had Killian on the edge and was unlucky not to.

Calvin Hobbs: I’m going to echo Dan here, Apollyon did more than his part and put on a great show and – I know I’ve banged on about this all show but – Killian showed tons of heart to stay in the fight, just no umph to get the victory.

In Souto vs Saber we saw stand-up vs grappler, did it go the way you expected?

Rachel Barker: Very simply we saw a fight of two rounds there, the first dominated by Souto on the ground with a couple of great takedowns but something must’ve been said to Saber at the break in the corner that really got him fired because his defence was great in the second round and that set up his offence which was clinical in the end.

Calvin Hobbs: Exactly what Rachel said, the first round was solid from Souto with his ground work, the second round was fantastic by Saber and that showed in that he was able to get the finish.

Dan Milner: From a promoter and booker’s point of view I really need to see more from both men, I have to ask did Saber look great because Souto had gassed himself and not worked his cardio well enough going into the fight or was Saber that good? A few question I will have to wait till the next fight to find out.

Blaylock beats Hetfield by TKO in the first round to take his first victory for UCFL

Dan Milner: Baylock delivered, short and simple, he came with a plan and he followed it to the T. Every blow was intended to hurt Hetfield, he didn’t want to set it up, he just wanted to deliver and when you have that power and accuracy combined, it’s hard to stop.

Calvin Hobbs: Hetfield was solid, no doubt in that but what could he do today against a near perfect Dirk Blaylock. The man was calculating animal. Every strike, near perfect, very little energy was wasted and every shot had power behind it.

Rachel Barker: I think Blaylock showed tonight that he should be taken really seriously. He has great potential to become the face of the heavyweight division. He carries himself well, he puts on great performances inside the cage, he is modest and hard-working, outside of his shameless sponsorship plug he was really my cup of tea last Saturday night!

Calvin Hobbs: Can’t blame a man for making a couple extra dollars can we though Rachel,

Dan Milner: Well it’s not like he just randomly named dropped a company was it, he was saying his shout outs and of course the sponsors are there. He didn’t just go “Go to CHAOS Clothing for all your clothing as well as reliable laundry” did he?

Calvin Hobbs: Well that wasn’t predictable was it Dan….. *laughs*

*Advert*

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img845/3198/vii5.gif

For all UCFL review and more!

Moving on to the co-main event, A one sided blood fest saw Beefheart beat Kasim Akande to a pulp, did anybody see this coming and how does this happen at such a high level of competition?

Rachel Barker: I thought Beefheart had a definite edge going into the fight and I did think he would come away winner but not in the brutal and dominant fashion he pulled off Saturday. It was one of the most one sided battles I’ve ever watched, let alone covered in my life. The cut that appeared was horrendous and could possibly not have been as bad as it appeared but it was gushing at the point he went down.

Calvin Hobbs: Now Rachel’s brought it up, did anybody notice that after the fight Akande complaining to the official about the stoppage, claiming he was OK to continue? I couldn’t believe was I was seeing. I know some refs who are saying the fight should’ve possibly been stopped due to the cut, let alone the knockdown.

Rachel Barker: Yes I did and I thought it was totally out of place, how could he have expected the official to let him continue their, but it’s the adrenaline that’s talking in that situation really. You know a stoppage is a good one when the corner puts up no protest.

Dan Milner: The stoppage was the right decision, no doubt and I’m grateful to the Tokyo Athletic Commission for providing us with such fantastic officials because there wasn’t a single poor call all weekend, I’ve just jinxed myself for the following week I know but hats off to the officials for their jobs this past weekend.

In terms of the match-up and how it turned out, I never saw this coming at all, I did think Akande was slightly out-matched but the Nigerian wanted to go and said he had what it takes so I gave it to him. As for what could’ve caused this turn out, it could’ve been anything, everybody has a poor performance, it’s just MMA is such a cut-throat sport that a bad day can result in looking like this. I wish Akande a serious recovery, I’ve heard the cut is going to take a significant amount of time to heal, approximately 15 days or so but I have heard no word – for better or worse – on if he has sustained any injuries other than that cut.

A True Fight of the Night broke out in the main-event when Pukki and Omega Weapon went to a close decision that was taken by Omega Weapon on all three judges’ score cards

Dan Milner: I just want to state before we really get into this, that this is truly fight of the night, it is the bench mark and when you’re putting a card together this is what you hope every fight provides in terms of entertainment value. A great performance from both men and I’d like to thank them both personally for the show they put on.

Rachel Barker: And a show is exactly what they put on, neither man held back and they both pushed the other to the limit. It was great to watch and fights like this is what began my interest in fighting in the first place! Pukki deserves great praise for his part in the fight but Omega Weapon was on top for today and controlled when he needed too.

Calvin Hobbs: What was a signal for me was the cut early on, you make your opponent bleed early on it lets everybody – including your opponent – know you are dangerous and capable of causing damage. The fight had it all though, the ground game was solid and in my opinion Pukki actually slightly edged that but Omega Weapon really was superior in the striking department and as Pukki’s face showed, Weapon did a lot of damage.

Rachel Barker: I find this situation odd because normally there should be a lot to talk about a main event that won Fight of the Night but when you break it down and analyse it their isn’t too much to discuss. Both fighters were happy to go anywhere in the cage on their back, feet or against the cage. Omega Weapon deserved the victory and both men definitely deserved the $5000 prize money for the Fight of the Night award.

Thank you for joining us tonight and I’d like to say a massive thank you to our three guests tonight for joining myself here on the UCFL review show. We hope to see you next week following UCFL #2: Bad Intentions and at the event itself live!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/14036459152.jpg

UCFL #2: Bad Intentions

Pre-Event Press Conference

UCFL #2: Bad Intentions comes to you live from The Underground (capacity: 2,000), Tokyo on Friday 27th June.

Dan Milner: Welcome to the press conference for UCFL #2: Bad Intentions, thank you all for turning out and all questions will be answered. Please keep all questions respectful and professional. I’d also just like to thank the 6 gentle man with me, who too my left hand side I have Benjamin Grundy, Clinton Chaos and Mark Coleman. On my right I have their respective opponents Marcos Duarte, Birigiz Ignatiev and Kiel Flay. Go ahead guys, fire away with the questions.

Reporter #1: To Daniel, it’s a simple one to start with, how do you view the opening weekend and do you think this event will be an improvement on the first?

Daniel Milner: Ask the fans what they thought of it, they were going nuts flat out for both nights and I saw a lot of familiar faces in the crowd on the second night. I think while myself, DW and the fighters have passion for the organisation we’ll be successful. Rome wasn’t built in one day and neither will UCFL be but we’re definitely off to a great start.

Reporter #2: Daniel what do you see in the fight between Grundy and Duarte. What’s got you most excited?

Dan Milner: I’m going to hand that question straight over to the two men themselves, why should people be watching you guys?

Marcos Duarte: *translated* People should be watching because I’m featuring in the fight, no other reason needed. Stoppage, Sub, Decision. It doesn’t matter the fans are going to turn up to watch me win.

Benjamin Grundy: Confidence is something I admire but Duarte is not confident, he is arrogant. I respect his game and what he is capable of; I’d be stupid not too. This is a fight you’re going to want to see because you’re going to get your money’s worth. I always provide a show. On a bit of a slide but UCFL is a new start for me, its game time.

Reporter #4: Benjamin you seem very down to earth, is this as a result of this recent slide during your short time in EVO or just what else has brought this on?

Benjamin Grundy: EVO was a disappointing time in my career, I cannot deny that but it’s not like Duarte is coming in on a win streak, he’s got his own slide going on too and I hope to make it a 5th for him. I draw confidence from my time in Synchronicity though, I can’t explain why I struggled in EVO but I’ve looked over my weaknesses and know I’ll be an improved man coming in. Just gotta cover my jaw *laughs*.

Reporter #3: Mark Coleman I’m coming to you, I just want to know how you feel facing a guy who’s only fought 16 professional fights in his career by the age of 33. I know age is just a number to yourself and your performances never cease to amaze but is there a time where facing competition younger and healthier will become more of a challenge? And to Kiel do you feel what I’ve just said gives you the edge?

Mark Coleman: Every opponent in each of my 75 of so bouts across my career has been a challenge why should or would Kiel or any other potential future match-ups be any different? I have always respected my opponents coming into a bout, with very rare exceptions, and even if I’ve taken a quick victory that’s been down to my ability and skill on the day, not their lack of. My health is great and it’s insulting for anybody to insinuate otherwise and age is just a number that some let mentally block them. I’m not old!

Keil Flay: I loved to follow Mark’s career when I was first getting into the game, he was great to watch and exciting. The man had it all, submissions, KO’s, you name it he had it, but that’s the past. I have to respect Mark but age catches up with everybody. To his fans, I’d advise looking away because this will be like watching Old Yeller. Mark I’m going to put you down.

Mark Coleman: The only thing you should put down kid is the pipe you’ve been smoking. Win or Lose I keep going and always will do, I’m a champion in heart and even now, I hope to be once again. A new org, brand new rankings following the event, why can’t I be at the top with an impressive win tonight!

Dan Milner: Okay gentlemen, settle down a little. I’d ask all reporters to direct your questions to the co-main eventers of UCFL #2: Bad Intentions.

Reporter #5: Dan what made you match-up Clinton Chaos and Birigiz Ignatiev and do you see it being one of the fights of the night?

Dan Milner: There’s no reason it shouldn’t be to be honest, it has the potential to be a great fight and that’s why me and DW put this fight together. The fans love Birigiz despite him barely speaking a word of Japanese or English and Chaos’ potential is something that just needs to be unlocked even this late on in his career. It’s the perfect match-up for both men, a big win can put them in serious contention for being in the first title bout, so you should definitely be watching this one.

Reporter #2: Clinton, what do you bring to the table to this fight and so late on do you agree with the hype around yourself. The hype that’s just been echoed by Dan Milner right their?

Clinton Chaos: Imagine if both me and Coleman won tonight? That’d blow you bloody reporters minds wouldn’t it? I’m here for the same damn reason as every other fighter on the card and in the organisation, to win and win decisively and leave no doubt in anybody’s mind who won and why.

Dan Milner: I completely support that statement from Clinton. We’ve offered contracts to people who want to win. I don’t sign “gate-holders” or “special attractions”. Some people may view some fights that way and the occasional fight may inevitably become a passing of the torch match but just like in every other fight in this organisation, they’ll have to take the victory. The first rankings come out on Sunday night/Monday morning following this event and every fighter that wins will have a fair shot in being high up on that board.

Dan Milner: I’ll have to cut it short their guys as we don’t have times, we now have to move onto the weigh-ins. The fighters will be available after the weigh-ins for one on one interview if they wish and we look forward to seeing you tomorrow live at the underground in Tokyo! Thank you for your time guys! As said before all rankings for the divisions will be posted on our website following the event.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/14036459152.jpg

UCFL #2: Bad Intentions Review Show

Welcome to the second UCFL review show brought to you by your host, CPA’s Rachel Barker, UCFL’s Vice-President Dan Milner, UCFL Fighter “DJ” Dace Killian, as the three of us cover the events and results of the past week and we will keep doing so each week following a numbered event.

We might as well start from the opening fight and work to the main events as we did last time around so I’ll start with coming to you Dan, how did you feel HauHau and Yeung did in warming the crowd up? And any thoughts on the decision victory in favour of HauHau, was it the right one?

Dan Milner: Definitely the right decision from the judges tonight with this one but it was tight. HauHau took a well-deserved victory but it’s a fight that I wouldn’t mind seeing again to be honest with you. And on the first part of that question, they did more than just warm the crowd up, they put on one of the best fights of the nights and it was great to see them both go out like that with their final performances of the night with us here in UCFL.

What went wrong for Dan Milner – the fighter not promoter that is – on Saturday when Ara Givi beat him by Submission? He controlled with the takedown to start with so well what happened?

Dan Milner: I think he came in too relaxed and too confident, he didn’t have the fire that Givi did and to be honest some saw Givi as the underdog coming in. It’s a great victory for Givi however you look at it and we all knew a submission finish was likely today it just proved Ara was more aggressive on the mat in looking for it, I must say good job to the kid. This 265+ open weight division really has me excited to be honest with you Rachel, I love seeing the next generation come through and progress!

A Rear-Naked Choke submission victory for Lenny Jones Saturday in a complete two and a half minute domination of Largo as well, some real exciting fast paced but technical action we’ve seen this Saturday gone, how does that sit with you “DJ”?

DJ: Well I may not be quiet know for my technical prowess as much as I’m known for being an outright killer but I do appreciate a strong technical battle and that’s certainly what we saw in Jones performance tonight. I don’t know what else you could want from Lenny except maybe to knock him down to the ground then display that technical master class again *laughs* Great performance and that will put Jones in real good standing I’m sure with Mr. Milner and DW.

What made you give Shimizu Matsuhita KO of the Night award for his Knock-Out left straight that gave him the W over Alvarez, Dan? What do you gives these awards based on in general?

Dan Milner: Simple, he was the only combatant to straight out KO his opponent. Alvarez was out before his body hit the mat and I applaud the official for jumping in and spotting he was on dream-street before Shimizu could even move to follow up. The bonus’ are awarded on a whole bunch of criteria, ranging from overall fight performance, style, situation among other things. In this case Shimizu won it by a mile as he had the cleanest and crispest finish. All of the night bonus winners bank an extra 5k on the night’s paycheck as well!

We saw one of our two decision victories for the night when Brown faced Pena. In the fight the first round was dominated by an impressive Pena but after that Brown took control, what do you both believe to have been the reason for this?

DJ: It looked to me like Pena had somewhat gassed himself from his head hunting early on after he rocked and knocked-down Brown. I think the changing point to this fight was how little action we saw after Brown got that takedown in the first. After being rocked Brown managed to get a takedown and hold on for a break more than anything. The momentum shifted completely in that moment.

Dan Milner: Yeah I completely agree with Dace, when he was able to get that second takedown I think it all changed. In fact I think Brown would’ve won this 30-27 winning the first round if it wasn’t for the knockdown because he was very impressive all night after that first minute or two.

DJ: You saw the difference during the breaks between rounds aswell, Pena couldn’t believe this fight was going and Brown sure as hell wasn’t going to give him another chance to finish the job.

Dan Milner: I must say Pena could’ve come out of this if he had KO’d Brown, or managed to get the TKO but instead it’s made Brown’s performance look even more impressive. He really caught a lot of people’s eyes tonight – if Brown can deliver that consistently then he’s got a good future in this company.

We saw the fans most hated result tonight when Calzaghe and Repomies went to a draw after the 15 minutes were up. What are your feelings on seeing a draw? Will we see this fight again Dan?

DJ: I’m not a huge fan of decisions myself at the best of times but I can’t stand draws, I’ve never had one myself and I’d be as disappointed with a draw as I would a loss if it was ever happened to me. I don’t think that they didn’t go at it and look for the finish, it’s just they didn’t pursue it or take any risks to achieve it.

Dan Milner: It was close through-out but I must say I am disappointed to see the draw, I didn’t feel either guy wanted to go out there and grab the win, you have to take a risk if you want the win and neither man did it. Calzaghe went for a fair few submissions but at no point did I believe he was going to put away Repomies before the end. As for seeing this fight again, I’d say I can make it happen, will I straight away, we’ll have a look and see what other fights could be plausible for each man.

Jerron Nimoh looked great tonight in a very dominant victory in a fight that can be seen as a passing of the torch match. Do you guys view it the same way the fans do?

Dan Milner: No not at all, we hear this everytime a young guy beats a veteran of the sport and if it was the other way we’d be hearing how the young stallion took on too much too early. I don’t even think the fans view it this way; I just think the Press want too to build a story. The story I’m seeing is Jerron Nimoh shines even in amongst a star studded 205lbs division at a relatively young age.

DJ: I completely agree with Dan on this one, everybody should be talking about just how good Jerron was tonight. I don’t think it matter who you put him in with he would’ve walked away victorious with a performance like that. He cut his opponent and could smell the blood but didn’t head hunt, he let it come to him and delivered a great fight and a good strong finish when the opportunity came.

Dan Milner: Yes, he fought a very mature fight and controlled well. On note of Garnett I just hope that cut clears up okay because that was nasty by the end of that fight. He really lost a lot of blood.

Okay but where does Garnett go from here then, as you eluded to Dan, you guys have a stacked light heavyweight division, it’d be pretty easy for him to just fall in amongst the mix in the middle and get lost wouldn’t it?

Dan Milner: Maybe but it’s only one fight, at this level everybody can lose any given fight, I just need to see he can bounce back and put on a better performance next time. His next fight will be crucial not only for his career while here in UCFL but also his career as a whole.

Okay moving onto Coleman vs Flay, it wasn’t a show stopped and he didn’t do it in great style but the 43-year old veteran Coleman got the job done. If you were him would you be satisfied with it and also does it satisfy you guys as fans?

DJ: As a fighter a win is a win, some of the guys need to go out there and knock people’s heads of and if it reaches a decision they’re gutted but nobodies gutted by the victory in their column. He’s just picked up his third win in a row, I don’t think Coleman will worry too much about how he did it *laughs*

Dan Milner: As a fan of fighting I wouldn’t be happy but as DJ said, when you’re in there, you take the win the way it comes to you. He could’ve pushed for a finish and got knocked out by an opponent who knew he needed to finish coming into that last round. Let’s be honest though, Coleman probably did more damage in the last round than Flay anyway.

How do you see it as Vice-President then, what standing does this leave both Coleman and Flay in? Maybe a clue on how the Rankings will shape when released?

Dan Milner: Haha no clues on rankings because they are confirmed yet but when you look at it does Coleman’s performance tonight say “put me in the first title fight!”? No of course not but what it does do is it keeps him in the running. As DJ said he’s on a three fight win streak so if he goes on to make it 4 or 5 then it would be a question of how could anybody says no. But we’ll see this over the coming weeks and months.

The Co-main event of the evening though, what a fight, what a brawl. Just a real shame it didn’t last longer! Who would’ve seen both men coming out and swinging for the fences like they did and then Chaos TKOing Ignatiev before the end of even the first round?

Dan Milner: Certainly not me to be honest, we know Chaos comes out, well, in the UCFL style but I didn’t expect them to go at it like that. I thought they were both done for at various points before the finish even happened. We call fights like that “the peoples fight” because it really is what the average person wants to see. More diehard fans love the technical side, with Judo throws and holds and submissions by guys with great BJJ backgrounds but at the end of the day, everybody loves a nuts striker looking for the KO and then when you have two of them against each other…. Well… we saw the result of that Saturday.

DJ: Fight of the Night was really earned their. I would’ve loved to see it go on but then you worry would one of them have gassed out with that level of intensity and aggression? But we didn’t need to find out. Great fight and great finish, good job to both the men and I expect to see them both somewhere in the rankings DW, hint hint man!

Dan Milner: Haha we won’t be pressured bud, bud you have to expect after a few fights, from what we saw tonight, these two men will be somewhere near the top. We’ll set up a few fights to make sure both are pushed to the limit, particularly Chaos, if you’ve got a strong chin, now’s the time to message me and let me know you want him!

Benjamin Grundy vs “The Anaconda” Marcos Duarty – Main Event – what more do we say. Winner likely to face Gravas we were hearing pre-fight, is this true Dan?

Dan Milner: I am actually able to confirm this as booked in already. After winning convincingly Marcos Duarty will once again push himself and his ability to the limit to defeat possibly the best in his weight class, Latka Gravas! That’s what an aggressive, impressive submission victory results in guys, opportunity!

DJ: Hey man, the best fighter in UCFL at 185lbs is sat right next to you, you need now look further! *laughs* but seriously, these three – Grundy, Duarty and Gravas – are the guys the rest of us are looking to at the moment, Duarty has impressed greatly and I’d love a brawl with him one day myself but he was impressive today. When he locked on the armbar you knew it was going to be over and the tapping by Grundy only confirmed it.

Well then my next question is if Gravas vs Duarty is set to happen, how do you see that playing out? What will be awaiting the winner of that fight?

Dan Milner: You might not be able to look much further than a title fight for the winner to be completely honest with you but that remains to be seen, they will square off at Unleashed Chaos’ second midweek event, UCFL Wednesday Warfare #2.

DJ: Its shame that due to my fight being on the card it will only be the co-main event but that’s unlucky on the two boys haha. I can’t wait for that card, it will help shape the division’s path clearer by then, and right now a win one way or another can set off ripples and give opportunity as Dan said. Even I who lost my first bout could be looking higher up with one very convincing win.

Dan Milner: All the fighters need to take it one fight at a time because we want to crown the best fighter as champion. I also want to see the best fights, so if one guy picks up a couple of stale decision victories and didn’t really go for it, he might have to do more to get in the picture. I will put on the fight that the fans want to see and that’s the bottom line!

That’s all we have time for again on the UCFL review show, once again I’d like to thank the producers for giving me, Rachel Barker, the opportunity to be the host of this great pre-event concept and I also want to thank the fantastic guests I’ve had this week in Dan Milner and “DJ” Dace Killian. Best of luck at UCFL Wednesday Warfare #2 Dace and Dan, keep giving us these great match-ups. Good night all!