Allow coaches to train more fighters without diminishing returns

Currently 2 is the fullest you want any class to be.. maybe make that 4? From 1 to 4 in a class you get full... 5 and higher is diminishing returns (much like 3 currently). I'm not sure of the coding but I'm hoping this would be an easy change.

• Upvote 5

Currently 2 is the fullest you want any class to be.. maybe make that 4? From 1 to 4 in a class you get full... 5 and higher is diminishing returns (much like 3 currently). I'm not sure of the coding but I'm hoping this would be an easy change.

i agreed with this idea in the other thread so im agreeing with it hear it wouldn't effect me to much as i have my own private gym

I don't like the idea, I would rather see the coach skill limit and the fee limit removed from public gyms only. That way they can hire more coaches and let more people train as their class sizes are needed.

To me if you do it your way then that only helps ORG owners that already make a bunch of money then they will get just as good of training as the guys with the private gyms. Most either have an ORG to try and get rich or a private gym to try and train monsters.

I don't like the idea, I would rather see the coach skill limit and the fee limit removed from public gyms only. That way they can hire more coaches and let more people train as their class sizes are needed.

To me if you do it your way then that only helps ORG owners that already make a bunch of money then they will get just as good of training as the guys with the private gyms. Most either have an ORG to try and get rich or a private gym to try and train monsters.

I am also not for allowing Org owners to own a gym ( tho i would like that :) ) But i like your idea of getting rid of the coach skill limit and the fee limit, but not just for Public gyms, for all gyms. I mean if i could hire more coaches and set a bit higher prices i would let other people train there, so the classes are still small. Or raise the benefit for classes of the size for 4 people. These are all great ideas that people mentioned here.

If one or more get added i would be all for it. Hope this ball gets rolling and something happens. :)

Anything that encourages more public gyms opening would be profitable. I do like the idea of raising the cap on maximum gym prices, but that is a very slippery slope for new players; how do they reach a reasonably skilled level starting out if they can't afford to train at a decent gym? How would you feel if you just started this game, just figured out how to change gyms, and had to make a choice between Cozad's (which is shit, by the way), or the only other public gym in town, costing anywhere from $2k to $10k?

I actually wouldn't mind seeing computer operated gyms in areas with poor gym coverage; make them a little bit better than Cozad's, a little bit more costly, but not as good as a player operated gym.

...Or just offer incentives to players that maintain a public gym.

Hell, I would be all for a fund similar to the Boom! Scholarship fund from a while back, except pooled together to give away to people that operate public gyms in areas that desperately need them. (I.E. Rio, St Pete, Helsinki, Hilo...)

Another possibility, albeit not as plausible, would be to somehow pool the few gyms open in really sparse cities, making it so when you're in any of those cities, you have access to those gyms somehow without having to fly around the world. I'm also in favor of pooling the QFC matches, so it isn't done by city, but that's another topic altogether.

For the record, I'm not suggesting pooling ALL city gyms together, just the cities that have one or two gyms total. Again, I know it isn't necessarily plausible, but something has to change.

While we're discussing it, is anyone with decent knowledge of how to run a profitable public gym willing to (start a thread and) post information on doing so? Like, when to buy coaches, how much to charge, etc. I'd love for someone to post a "Running Public Gyms for Dummies" and see some people get motivated to try. Anything that improves the situation.

• Upvote 1

The problem with public gyms no matter what the cost cap is or the amount of coaches you can have is:

1. To get reasonable training you need less then 2 on 1 with coaches

This isn't feasible for a public gym cause you can't really charge enough for 2 fighters to pay for one coach, which is basically what the system requires now. unless fee's where raised to 2500.00 or more there is really no way for 2 fighters to pay for one coach and without doing that the gym will lose money.

Raising the fee's would do it, but then new players can't afford to get in those gyms without help.

The best way in my mind is to reduce the penalty for more then 2 fighters on a coach something like 4 on 1 being the same as 2 on 1 now. That would allow at the current 1000.00 max to basically get 4000.00 a week to pay for one coach, that should cover the array of coaches and the single elites would make up for the doubles and tipple's needed also.

• Upvote 1

It would solve some of the problems but it's only a temporary fix. How long until gym are full again and we have same issue all over again. Except that time, they won't be heard. There needs to be a more long term plan. One that works with growth of the game or we'll just postpone the problem for another day.

Basically all this does is add 2 extra fighters per coach. Full gym has 13 coaches? That would only free up 26 slots per gym. The reality will be, private gyms gets another boost. We can now train more of our own fighters for the same cost. I don't believe this will solve anything.