Knees/Elbows in stand up game

GianBarGian

Ok guys I'm really new to the game so don't go too hard with me. I know I'm still noob to propose new improvements in the engine or whatever, but I had this idea and I want to try to share with you.

Moreover english is not my first language, so it's probable sometimes there will be some errors.

But let's go further.

For what I saw until now knees and elbows are the more underpowered secondaries in the game. They are the last secondaries trained and often they are never trained at all, obviosly becasue you need to be a world class clincher to really take out the maximum from them, and, at the same time, there are always some other aspects of your fighter that need a higher priority. Moreover it really sucks that they are completely absent from stand up game while irl a lot of fights just end with an elbow or a flying knee to the face.

I totally understand the reason why Mike wants to keep those away from stand up game: letting a guy throw 100% knees or elbows in a stand up fight will be crazy. But the total lack of those in stundups still looks really bad for me.

And here is my idea.

Basically the plan is to intruduce some RANDOM knees/elbows moves during the stand up game, based on a probabilty percentage given by the levels of elbows/knees related skills of the aggressor vs the levels of striking defence related skills of the defender.

Let me explain it through an example:

Let's consider 2 fighters (A and B ) are facing eachother. A is elite(15) in every single skill, while B is useless(1) at them.

If my understanding of the engine is correct, before every move there is a dice roll that, compared with the control/aggressor slider (+ a mix of skills), decide if the move is for A or B. (correct me if I'm wrong pls)

My idea is to introduce at this point a new dice roll that checks if a knee/elbow move happens or not.

But let's continue with our example. Dice roll and is time for A to move,

in this case (elite vs useless) the probabilities that A go for an elbow/knee move shoud be pretty high, let's say 8-10%, so A should throw an elbow/knee to B once every 10 moves he does in stundup fight.

Of course in the opposite situation, B probabilites to throw it should be around 0,001% per move.

Back to the example, dice roll and A is now going for an elbow/knee move. Another roll decide witch move A is going to try ( I wil explain this later), and now he is throwing an elbow towards the face of his opponent.

Now the engine throws the dice again and calculate as usual if it lands or not (how is done for anyother stand up technique).

The elbow lands on the face of B. B is knocked out unconscious and is bleeding all around!

But what if A elbows wasn't landing? Well in this case A will have a big disvantage on the next move and/or high probability to be countered right away.

Right now I thought at differents knee/elbow shots that gives differentes advantages or disavanatages when they land or not,

And I thougth a bit how intelligence could work with this.....

.....But I already wrote too much and I want to know what you guys think about it?

Sorry for the long post...

• Upvote 10

And what if I have Elite elbows and my opponent has Exceptional (13), that means he will defend against a lot of my elbows and I don't want to do them? Because if I miss he can capitalize on a counter :)

That can be said for most of the skills then...

Well , let's say A and B are both elite in everitying. In that case the probability that the move happens should be pretty low. Doesn't need to be a linear algorithm.

Furthermore you can swing your SHIG bar to move the probability that it happens or not (with the rest of swinging that slide provides). With 100% follow my order he never try those!

Even the intelligene of the fighters could be implemented in the calculation: more intelligent the fighter is, more times he will "try" these moves in good spots instead of bad spots. In the opposite scenario a low level of intelligence will give your fighter a higher probability to trow a knee or an elbow when he doesn't have good probability to hit.

• Upvote 1

Well , let's say A and B are both elite in everitying. In that case the probability that the move happens should be pretty low. Doesn't need to be a linear algorithm.

Furthermore you can swing your SHIG bar to move the probability that it happens or not (with the rest of swinging that slide provides). With 100% follow my order he never try those!

Even the intelligene of the fighters could be implemented in the calculation: more intelligent the fighter is, more times he will "try" these moves in good spots instead of bad spots. In the opposite scenario a low level of intelligence will give your fighter a higher probability to trow a knee or an elbow when he doesn't have good probability to hit.

So we'll get to see mid-air finishes like Arlovski Fedor? :D

• Upvote 2

i like the idea of adding elbows and knees to regular stand up.I don't think they should land that often they should be low percent of hitting but do a lot of damage .They should be like combos or use now

Yep a new slider for stand up elbows and knees is needed. I feel would shake up the game and make elbows and knees more relavent.

But good luck making suggestion unless you got some pull in game (being a top manager )you might as well be talking to the wall.The average time for a good suggestion to get implemented in game is 2 years :rolleyes: (and that if your a top manage making the suggestion).That why i make no more suggestions .

Also i pretty sure someone brought this up already awhile back :rolleyes:

• Upvote 2

i like the idea of adding elbows and knees to regular stand up.I don't think they should land that often they should be low percent of hitting but do a lot of damage .They should be like combos or use now

Yep a new slider for stand up elbows and knees is needed. I feel would shake up the game and make elbows and knees more relavent.

All the point is letting knees and elbows main skills for clinchwork, but give them some minor impact in stand up game as well.

Add the sliders would completely revolutionize them, and would give major impact in stand up game.

But good luck making suggestion unless you got some pull in game (being a top manager )you might as well be talking to the wall.The average time for a good suggestion to get implemented in game is 2 years :rolleyes: (and that if your a top manage making the suggestion).That why i make no more suggestions .

Also i pretty sure someone brought this up already awhile back :rolleyes:

Hehe I know I'm Mr.Nobody but i wanted anyway to share my 2 cents with you.

• Upvote 2

I really like the idea, but it would be hard for Mike to Implement it I'd think..

No need for it to be done right away but in the future it might be nice to have something mlike that with the elbows and knees.

Yeah standup knees and elbows are one of the two new things I'd love to see implemented (other one being stomps and knees to legs in clinch).

I'm glad at least it araused some interests. I know is impraticable to implement in a short time, but if we can have some more people that like the idea, we can put it in the long implementation list thread, so it will not be gone forever!

This idea should be implemented in the game....considering the goal is to help make this simulation game be as real as possible....this idea is a great one I was just thinking of actually...considering the amounts of spinning back elbows and flying knees that do occur throughout real MMA

• Upvote 1

The way Miranda just won, was one of the moves I was thinking when I started this thread!

Basically a counter double-leg takedown rising your knee. Even if is always unsugguested by pros I see this shit quite often. Frequently this just end with a TKO win.

If it miss the guy who tried this will be in a lot of trouble tho.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...