Max Potential & learning speed

Qester

Hello,

My idea for the game revolves around two separate ideas.

The first idea is the idea of a different max potential for each of the components (box/mt/wr/bjj) as hidden attributes at birth that are revealed through training from the coaches. I know this game isn't meant to mimic real life however I think this would bring a new training/tactical level to the game. There are countless examples of fighters who are natural in one aspect of the fight game or another, and despite how much training other athletes do, while they obviously get better they hit a plateau. This is seen all the time as standup fighters attempt to learn to defend themselves on the ground, or bjj guys attempt to develop a striking game, they develop into well rounded fighters, yet regardless of how many hours they dedicate to a specific areas they never catch the 'naturals'

The second idea is different learning speeds in different areas. The second idea is building off the learning speed already in the game. This idea rings true to me when I think of GSP. The speed in which he was able to bring his wrestling up was amazing, beating fighters with wrestling specific pedigress (Matt Hughes, Josh Koschek, Sean Sherk, Jon Fitch), where as some other aspects of his game didn't improve at the same amazing speed.

I feel like if either of or both of these ideas were implemented that it would bring more decisions into the game. Not every top fighter will be 14/15 across the board and would bring a lot of variety to the game.

• Upvote 9

That's a great idea but man, it already takes a whole lot of time to find fighters with good hiddens that could go far. Now, we will also have to find out the capabilities of our fighters, which would mean the search of project fighters would take even longer... I don't want to wait a year for a good guy and then spend another year training him...

intriging idea i like it. but with what Rain mentioned, then maybe in combination with speeding up the Game, not by that much. But yeah you might spend a lot of time on a fighter and then there would be even more variables and make it harder to figure out a fighter.

Dont get me wrong this is a fucking great idea in my eyes, but you run the chance of getting a lot of shit fighters after you spend a lot of time on them. But then again thats the game. There needs to be a middle ground.

I will not lose this idea out of focus. +1

Well I think my original idea can always be tinkered. I as well wouldn't want a fighter who is terrible in all aspects, however I think it would be reasonable to assume any given person if fighting and enough training could get decent in each discipline. Something along the lines of all fighters can get upto 9 in each discipline/subdiscipline, they are guaranteed at least 12+ in another, but of course they could rack 15s across the board if lucky.

I think the system works. The idea is good but as people mentioned. Spending a lot of time creating, testing and sacking fighters just for hiddens, now waiting to see if hiddens are solid AND potential is high.. could be too long of a process for some players.

• 2 months later...

Possible silly question; is the skill cap the same for every fighter? I was under the impression (no idea where from) that skill caps already varied from fighter to fighter but could be completely wrong about this.

Possible silly question; is the skill cap the same for every fighter? I was under the impression (no idea where from) that skill caps already varied from fighter to fighter but could be completely wrong about this.

It does a little anyways, each fighter has a value i thin it is between 70-80 in max potential