Highland Kickboxing - Official Thread

YerMaw

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14519073444118.png

Sione "Big John" Witika (286329)

I like your confidence, and i like the fact that you will bring it.

It sure is hard to squeeze in my training with night shifts at Sully's Bar & Grill

(Which is the only place on The Island where you can get 155q Energy products to help with your recovery)

But working for Sully has it's perks, because i get to eat and drink as much as i like.

• Upvote 1

Corey Mitchell:"Grr,The damn referee ended the fight too soon,My cut wasnt even that bad!I'll get you back witika..."

My opinions:I Decided to check the stats in the clinch and saw that Mitchell only landed 1 strike out of 14 in the clinch,I'm getting Deja Vu.... jeanpierrelaboueralloveragain

Also Jack and Li Drew,Thats what i call an holy shit moment.

Just for clarification: in case anyone's confused by the 'company for sale' sign - we're not ;)

I'm currently in the process of transferring control of the org due to certain external factors (the guy who was holding my gym has just had his VIP expire so having to do a bit of company swapping). I'm hoping Mike can sort the gym situation out but regardless the org will be running as per usual.

Sorry for getting your hopes up Mamado :P

• Upvote 1

An announcement regarding recent ownership change: Randy Richards will be taking over the org for the remainder of the season.

I've had him over for a couple of weeks now doing a bit of matchmaking, setting up events etc. in preparation for the move so the org is in good hands; any future queries/contract requests etc. should be directed to him.

I will be moving on to pastures new but I'm confident that I'm leaving the org in good shape and I look forward to seeing the company continue to develop over the remainder of the season: thank you to all the fighters on the roster for their continued support and I wish you all the best in the future. It's been a blast :)

Kind regards,

D.C.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Corey Mitchell:"Grr,The damn referee ended the fight too soon,My cut wasnt even that bad!I'll get you back witika..."

My opinions:I Decided to check the stats in the clinch and saw that Mitchell only landed 1 strike out of 14 in the clinch,I'm getting Deja Vu.... jeanpierrelaboueralloveragain

Also Jack and Li Drew,Thats what i call an holy shit moment.

Head of Security of Sully's Bar & Grill.

Head up Corey, maybe we can do it again some time!

Now, i just got into work and Sully has informed me that he has sent out sponsorships to those fighting at HighlandKT 2. So be sure to give him a shout out post fight and drop in for a beer after the fights!!

I'll be working the doors that night after my fight with Bill Kicker so hopefully we can make it a quick night so i don't have to stand on the door in pain.

Oh for all you Island youngsters out there, hit up my manager (HERE) for a sponsorship and he will hook you up!

AJ Fresh took yet another well deserved loss to his record. But talk about going out in "style".

After getting knocked down twice in the 2nd round, this happened:

Oooooooooooh, not good. A low kick from Fresh lands where it shouldn't have, right in the... well, you know what he did? He kicked him in the penis. He's injured, injured bad.

Well, the fight went on, and in the 3rd Fresh gets rocked with vicious cross. Looking for anything to help him get back in the fight, lightning strikes again:

It looked like Fresh was looking amped, ready to throw a big counter but didn't commit.
Oooooooooooh, not good. A low kick from Fresh lands where it shouldn't have, right in the... well, you know what he did? He kicked him in the penis. He's injured, injured bad.

Jean Pierre Lebouer, Injury: 12 days

:shades:

Nicolas Bellarosa, where are you brother, accept the fight offer, " i whoop your ass brother " - Urijah Faber.

But i understand, everybody is afraid of THE VILLAIN. http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/1/1w8.jpgTong "The Villain" Po (289674)

Man this dude is dodging me and we are few days away from the event, hope he will accept it.

Nicolas Bellarosa, where are you brother, accept the fight offer, " i whoop your ass brother " - Urijah Faber.

But i understand, everybody is afraid of THE VILLAIN. http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/1/1w8.jpgTong "The Villain" Po (289674)

Man this dude is dodging me and we are few days away from the event, hope he will accept it.

He rejected the fight,Looking for a new opponent :D

HKT Heavy Weight Final - The Rematch
Teiden Ritari vs Mateo "Rodrigues" Alejandro
In just a few weeks time some of the most explosive fighters in Highland Kickboxing's Heavy-Weight division will meet at Sully's Bar & Grill to go to war! We have Teiden Ritari making his promotional and professional debut against Mateo "Rodrigues" Alejandro in the opening bout. Both are inexperienced but very enthusiastic and able to put the others lights out with one shot as shown in Mateo's last fight where he knocked out the struggling Spaniard Juno "Mad Dog" Ruiz in 9 seconds flat. Wow talk about raw power at Welter-Weight.

In this fight, I expect that the fighter who can control the range early on will run away with this. In my opinion, once one of them gains confidence the other will buckle purely out of inexperience to these situations. It's not everyday you step up to the big stage!

Rahim "Centipede" Hill vs Teddy "Cuddle" Bear
In a rematch of the Highland KT1 fight where Teddy blitzed Rahim Hill and earned the finish in under 30 seconds, I'm sure there will be no love lost between these two. I would honestly expect the unexpected in this fight. I know if I were the Centipede, a loss that devastating would light a fire under my ass. It would make you desperate to prove you deserve to be back in there, and there's nothing more dangerous than a desperate fighter.
If Teddy "Cuddle" Bear wants to win this, it'll be key to control his nerves and just keep rolling with the shots and not trying to necessarily repeat the last performance.

Dirty Dog vs Kank "Gengis Khan" Kankmust Iii
I am extra excited for the Heavyweight fights on this card. In the first Big man's bout of the night we get a rematch between four fight Highland kickboxing veteran Dirty Dog, a powerful striker that has shown a chink in his armor: His chin; and "Ghengis Khan" the loser of a unanimous decision versus The Dog.

I know that Dirty Dog will be looking to do what he does best and unload on his opponent, as will the Mongolian who wants to continue his winning ways. Kank has great Muay Thai and will undoubtedly be looking to set up his kicks with his hands and get the highlight win he was seeking at Highland Fight Night 1. I can't confidently call the winner of this fight, but I know it will be a possible contender for fight of the night.

Billy Bobbins vs AJ "The Nutcracker" Fresh
Welcoming the uber talented Billy Bobbins to professional kickboxing will be AJ Fresh; a seasoned striker who's went through a rough streak as of late. Aj is 1-4 but has shown glimpses of unfiltered brutality in the ring.

I would expect a cautious approach from AJ in the opening minutes, but no one but Billy's sparring partners really knows what Billy Bobbins is capable of; and a puzzle of a fighter can be extremely dangerous.
Im excited to see whether they come out and get down to business quickly, or if one of them decides to implement a point fighting strategy and is able to sustain a pace that leads them to the win.

Skin "Skins" Header vs Azadshatru Singh
This is an interesting matchup. It's Singh's Pure Muay Thai vs the balanced and exceptional striking of "Skins".

After 3 Highlight reel first round TKO's in the Highland ring; "Skins" tripped up a bit. Now he's looking to get back on track with a big win over a talented up-and-comer in Singh. If I were put on the spot I bet the house on "Skins". He's very well rounded and very athletic. I believe he can stand out as something special in the organization with a little more time to develop.

Not to discredit Azadshatru. It's just that in my technical fighting experience, conventional wisdom would say that if two men are otherwise even in power and speed, then that's where your form really stands out. The balanced and patient striking of "Skins" may be too much..... But it wouldnt be the first time I've called a fight wrong, so I guess well see.

Boobie "Terminator X" Miles Iii vs Mark Jack
In a highly competitive matchup between two warriors who are undefeated at a combined 7-0-2 with six KO's between them, a draw was was the outcome at the HighlandKT Heavyweights Finale last february. Theyv've been training for this night alone. A rematch and a chance to correct what may be regarded as an error in judging. Jumping up the ladder and advancing towards the title should this end differently than the last fight.

Personally. I view damage as an important part of what the people cage side can judge. Mark Jack fought brilliantly, but was cut bad enough that it wouldn't have been unthinkable to count him out on the score cards just for visible damage. But in the end it was really Boobie Miles' gas tank that took him over the top and too the draw. He was still throwing crisp punches in the 3rd round where Jack began tiring and missing a bit.

Both these guys warrant a title shot had they not been matched up, so I'm excited to the future of this of this tournament.

-Preview By Kelly Rich.

• Upvote 2

Tong "The Villain" Po (289674)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/1/1w8.jpg

" What the hell was this event??? give me tougher opponents!! i kickfucked to oblivion that weird kid, Lincoln Baxter and ended him with a brutal KO punch. Hey Lincoln you are not a warrior, you are a beginner, try again kiddo!!! Now please, Randy Richards, give me normal human beings as opponents, i love this kickboxing organization but it is lacking a bit of competition"

* visibly pissed, Tong Po slap the MMA Tycoon journalist with the microphone, and then , hungry for more, he shout *

" Man Beast or God ... my fists reduce everything to nothing!! "

• Upvote 1

Oh well, you win some you lose some.

Time to see where it all went wrong and recharge with some Sully's HB (Now available at Sully's Bar & Grill!) before hitting the gym and getting back into it!

• 2 weeks later...

With this extended time off i need to stay busy fighting for peanuts in QFC's in between night shifts at Sully's.

In the mean time, if any of you all need any sponsorships you can either hit up my management or drop me a line in here and i will let Sully know to hook you up with a sponsorship!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14046526106802.jpg

James "Sully" McGuiness (237725)

(Participant of The Island Season 2. Former MMA and KT Fighter.

Owner of Sully's Bar & Grill on The Island)

Sponsorships have been sent out to all the warriors fighting on HighlandKT 3:April Fools! If you like what you have been given then make sure you give me a shout out post fight :drunk:

But for those who are not signed to Highland KT or have a fight coming up you can still hit me up for a sponsorship which will also give you 10% off my store!

Oh, and big shout out to my boy Sione "Big John" Witika who will be fighting HighlandKT 5 while pulling night shift working security at my bar! That man is a hard worker!!

Train hard :training2:

Fight hard :boxing:

Play hard :drunk:

And as always,

Stay Classy

:shades:

-Sully

It's a bit hard trying to juggle night shift with training and fighting.... But i can't help myself. I love the adrenaline rush!!

Can't wait to step back into the ring!!!

I've had my Lucky Liam's Charms and i have a 6pack of Sully's HB to help my recovery after the fight! Only available at Sully's Bar & Grill!

dead org? no cards scheduled, doesnt look good for KT on the island.

Shit sorry Johny, didn't mean to neg you, actually meant to plus you. I always laughed at people and called them retards for misclicking the wrong button so now I have to eat my own words there.

I completely agree, org is dead. Turned down a shitty contract offer and haven't got a reply in a while. I'm not too sad, my fighter was in a deadend division anyway fighting 2-1 guys but I can understand how others might feel.

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14046526106802.jpg

James "Sully" McGuiness (237725)

(Participant of The Island Season 2. Former MMA and KT Fighter.

Owner of Sully's Bar & Grill on The Island)

It is a bit disappointing seeing as Sully's partnered with Highland KT with high hopes to revitalize KT and hopefully generate interest.

All that hard work to promote it and it looks to be going downhill. Especially when my head of security "Big John" is fighting for the org too and i have to plan my roster around his fights.

Anyways, for those who are needing some extra cash due to not being able to make a living fighting you can always hit me up for a sponsorship while you wait for some events to hopefully get booked!

• Upvote 1

Tbh I don't know what the fucks going on, I messaged Randy after HKT-3 and according to him his brother has been running the org the past week or so...

I'd rather not see the org go under so given recent events (or lack thereof) I think it's probably best if control of the org is handed over to someone else.

The org is still in decent shape: there's $182k in the bank and org hype is around 90-100 last time I checked. Events were turning in a profit of 70-120k back when I was running things so with a bit of work it wouldn't take much to get it back to that level. If anyone's interested get in touch and I will make the arrangements: main thing is to get someone active, event formulas etc. I can give you but activity is paramount: it's not the most demanding of orgs given the roster size but still need someone who can stay on top of booking events, ordering fights etc.

• Upvote 1

That goddamn idiot.This is the last time i let my brother have control over any of my shit because someway he'll just ruin it.I'm pretty sure this has gone too downhill which even i cant fix. :/

I'm gonna try to do something about it to the best of my abilities.But as Donald said its best if we give the org to someone else who can make it better cause me and the twat have fucked it.

Once again i apologize to everyone for the issues and i hope the next owner of the org can make you forget about all that happened.

That sack of shit.

• Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

With this org seemingly on it's last legs, i have been forced to make ends meet fighting for peanuts on the Quick Fight circuit.

For those guys who are stuck in their contracts, be sure to get in touch with my boss Sully if you are strapped for cash and he will fix you up with a sponsorship.

In the mean time, stay in shape by shopping at Sully's Bar & Grill where we continue to bring you the best nutrition available on The Island!