The Randy Richards Situation; ICON Alliance’s Official Statement:

Slice

Hello to everybody roaming the forum,

I am making this statement on the behalf of ICON Alliance in light of the recent events involving one of our managers; Randy Richards. First of all; as an Alliance would like to apologise to all the managers that were working very hard to keep Highland Kickboxing afloat before all of this happened. ICON Alliance apologises to El Tico Stefan; Callum McGregor (Clydebankblitz) and also Joe Lang of Sully’s Bar and Grill (jhinh) as all your hard work to keep the org afloat has been wasted and we are very sorry for this. We would also like to apologise to the managers who have had fighters signed to this organisation and now have nowhere else to go as their fighter is stuck on the Island with no other active orgs; we are truly sorry for your inconveniences. Randy is somebody we trusted; suffice to say we are all deeply upset and disappointed that this has happened.

When asked for his side of the story Randy said;

“I don’t have much to say, I've done some stupid shit and I regret it. But I can’t fix it. I have done multi accounting and have stolen tycoon cash from Highland Kickboxing. But the fact that someone bought me VIP and I didn’t pay them back is not true, its bullshit but I've flushed my reputation down the toilet so bad that even if I show people proof they will say I’m lying/photo-shopping.
There is nothing that can be done.”

We subsequently gave Randy two options going forward; as we believe in second chances and we believed he was genuinely sorry for his actions, we offered him this resolution in a personal message:

“Number 1. You leave the ICON Alliance and settle whatever you need to settle in your own way.

Number 2. We keep hold of you; subject to a vote by all of our members, and on the basis that you delete all of your multi-accounts (You must disclose all of them to the Alliance so we know when it has been done) on top of that any businesses/orgs/gyms that you have opened/created with your multi-accounts must also be closed.

A lot of people got fucked over here, there's no way we can make it right with everyone, but we can offer some resolution/compensation to the three people who got fucked over most.

Callum McGregor is the main one. Pay him 50% of what you stole: $343,162.38

El Tico Stefan is another. Pay him 25% of what you stole: $171,581.19

Joe Lang of Sully's bar and Grill, another supporting figure in the org. Pay him also 25%: $171,581.19

You may not have all these funds available to you right now but you could pay in installments, we can do the maths and work this out properly. If you can meet these conditions we will have a vote and see what we can work out. What's it gonna be Randy?

Number 1 or Number 2?”

These were the options that Randy was offered, subject to a vote of confidence from all of our Alliance members; as they would also have the right to ask him to leave as all of them work very hard on their businesses and fight-management, and may have felt the reputation of ICON was tarnished.

However; the latest update is that Randy Richards has now left the ICON Alliance of his own accord. He said this before leaving;

“I would want to stay; but I think leaving ICON would be best because I don’t want to ruin its reputation as well. So I will leave ICON. But I will pay these 3 people back, one way or another, I have to slowly start earning the cash and start doing it.”

Whilst remorse does not excuse his actions; as our former friend and alliance member, we would like you to see that his words are words of just that; remorse.

Nobody is asking anybody to forgive Randy for what he has done, however we would ask you to understand that he is already undergoing punishment;

· He has left his Alliance; where he was pretty well liked, out of respect for their reputation.

· He clearly regrets his actions and he cannot make it right.

· He is being chastised by the forum.

· His reputation is compromised pretty much forever. (If Mentor is anything to go by)

· He must now find a way to pay everyone back.

The point is; Randy was our friend, and he has let everybody down in a horrendously bad way. What he did was inexcusable and we are not trying to defend it, we are letting people know that he is paying the price for it. There is no need to add salt to the wound, he can’t fix it, but he is trying to redeem himself according to his words, so we feel he should be given the chance to do that.

We also believe that the Real life cash allegation is relatively baseless without evidence and this needs to be looked into further, as it is a struggle to see why Randy would deny this if it’s true; it’s not like he had anything to lose by admitting it.

Once again; we are extremely sorry for the extreme upset, inconvenience and anger that Randy Richards’ actions have caused so many people, now he must rebuild and ICON must move on.

We are sorry

Chael Mir (On behalf of ICON Alliance)

• Upvote 6

Donald Canmore should be the name replacing mine in this considering he basically created and ran Highland Kickboxing since it's inception, I'm just the weirdo who decides everything should have the word Highland attached to everything :D. But good shit. I'm not 100% sure on everything that happened and although I only spoke to Randy like once or twice, he seemed pretty gutted about the whole situation. Likely he just made some terrible decisions and didn't think of the consequences, like taking the money out of the org. To be honest I didn't know what alliance he was in but good of yous to try to resolve it none the less.

• Upvote 1

When are multis given second chances, doesn't Mike just delete them?

• Downvote 2

First of all in regards to the most important thing, the VIP money: is Randy confirming that his 'other account' [Jack Robinson] paid juicebox for the VIP that was brought?

Secondly, as far as the HKT money goes I don't want to see a single penny of it: I never started the org as a profit making venture so I'd much rather see it go to a worthy cause - if Callum/HG doesn't need the money it should be donated to the noob fund.

I'll leave the VIP stuff to one side until it gets resolved, but in regards to the whole HKT situation I do have this much to say:

What Randy did was utterly unforgivable: not only did he completely violate my trust, he singlehandedly destroyed an org I spent several months building up and screwed over every manager on the roster in the process. While I appreciate Randy at least attempted to provide an explanation to his [now former] alliance: the only 'remorse' I can detect is that of someone who is remorseful they got caught - he has not once apologised to me, Joe Lang (who has put an immense amount of effort into supporting HKT despite there being more profitable partnerships elsewhere), Highland Network or the numerous managers he fucked over through his actions.

As far as I am concerned he is and will remain persona non grata: if he has any shred of dignity left he [or rather 'Jack Robinson'] will close down NYBD and use the $211k that remains of the HKT money to firstly compensate Joe Lang for the amount of time and effort he put into promoting the org and then to begin making amends to Highland Network.

None of this will fix what he has done: because it's an Island org HKT is basically fucked and far as I'm concerned is now beyond the point of no return. Considering he doesn't have the balls to come out and apologise, some financial compensation to some of the people he fucked over is the least he could do.

• Upvote 4

I want to know if the 50k he paid for me March Madness was actually his or something he stole from the org?

First of all in regards to the most important thing, the VIP money: is Randy confirming that his 'other account' [Jack Robinson] paid juicebox for the VIP that was brought?

Secondly, as far as the HKT money goes I don't want to see a single penny of it: I never started the org as a profit making venture so I'd much rather see it go to a worthy cause - if Callum/HG doesn't need the money it should be donated to the noob fund.

I'll leave the VIP stuff to one side until it gets resolved, but in regards to the whole HKT situation I do have this much to say:

What Randy did was utterly unforgivable: not only did he completely violate my trust, he singlehandedly destroyed an org I spent several months building up and screwed over every manager on the roster in the process. While I appreciate Randy at least attempted to provide an explanation to his [now former] alliance: the only 'remorse' I can detect is that of someone who is remorseful they got caught - he has not once apologised to me, Joe Lang (who has put an immense amount of effort into supporting HKT despite there being more profitable partnerships elsewhere), Highland Network or the numerous managers he fucked over through his actions.

As far as I am concerned he is and will remain persona non grata: if he has any shred of dignity left he [or rather 'Jack Robinson'] will close down NYBD and use the $211k that remains of the HKT money to firstly compensate Joe Lang for the amount of time and effort he put into promoting the org and then to begin making amends to Highland Network.

None of this will fix what he has done: because it's an Island org HKT is basically fucked and far as I'm concerned is now beyond the point of no return. Considering he doesn't have the balls to come out and apologise, some financial compensation to some of the people he fucked over is the least he could do.

I have stayed pretty much quiet in all this.

While this is a game and is meant to be fun to play Randy is the reason people stop playing the game.

It is quite known from the people who interact with me that i love the KT aspect of the game. I have put my own real life money to host 2 successful tournaments to help revive KT and although the tournaments have been successful the state of KT is still the same with lack of talent pool.

Don was right about Randy stealing more than "tycoon" cash. He undid months of hard work in building the org. I created Sully's on The Island as a bit of fun and to also create a brand. I could have made a lot more cash partnering up with Island FC and Highland Island, but i chose to partner with Highland KT to hopefully continue to build interest in KT.

When Don ran HighlandKT, we communicated back and forth and talked about building it slowly. When Randy took over things changed. At first i assumed he was inexperienced and offered help. When events didn't get booked i continued to remind him about booking events as long breaks will not help the org grow.

All this time i had been plugging Highland KT on Buzz and on the forums, trying to promote the org as best i can while this thief had no intention of helping the org grow but wanted to steal roughly 600k or "virtual" cash for his own selfish gain.

Like Donald, I didn't open Sully's for profit. If i did, i wouldnt be continuing to send sponsorships to anyone who asked me for it as well as sending sponsorships to all the guys who are fighting to the org i am partnered with.

When i found out Randy stole that cash, i just felt like all that hard work Donald put in as well as the promoting i had been doing had pretty much all been for nothing. In the PM's that we had in-game, Randy blamed his "brother" when in fact he was just lying to me.

He isn't sorry. He was sorry he got caught. He wasn;t even smart about it. He never replied to any of my PM's in game and when he did all he did was straight up lie. I have no reason to believe he is sorry.

I don't want the cash he stole. While it is only a small sum of money compared to other things in the game, it is the hard work and time we put into the org that can't be bought. I can make up that money on the mainland no problem. But The Island is a fun aspect where people are forced to build companies from the ground up which we tried to do and we were successful until this turd undid it all. It's people like him that make people not want to play this game. I'm gonna finish off the season on The Island partnered with Highland Island while Highland KT will pretty much try to stay afloat for the next few weeks of the season.

Hope it was worth it Randy.

• Upvote 9

I have to agree with Joe and Donald that this seems completely to be a case of being sorry he got caught rather than showing genuine remorse. 1/2 days before I got proof he was a multi, I messaged his Jack Robinson account asking if he was a multi because I had my suspicions and I would be damned if I let him ruin the reputation of those around him. He said *ahem* " No,Im not.Plus that guy is a thief.I'm not.like that." So this guy was happy to insult his other account in order to make it appear they were unrelated, and he even went onto the thread and insulted the RandyRichards account in order to throw some smoke into the situation. As soon as it came out, not a fucking word from him. Not an explanation, not an apology, not any sign of remorse. He saw the thread, but rather than be a man about the situation he decides to get someone else to do it for him because he is too much of a coward to do it himself.

As for him claiming he didn't steal VIP time, he didn't pay Juice Box for VIP he bought the Jack Robinson account. It's a real fucking shame because I had sent the Jack Robinson account advice on how to start up an org and now this situation comes about. I've said it before, I can only apologise for the shit Jack Robinson caused while a member of Qlimax and he was swiftly booted the second we found out. Juice has been paid for the VIP time by another member so he isn't at a loss, but the fact Randy fucked Highland KT and ruined the experience of KT for the loyal members who followed it is unforgivable, especially when he had guys like Joe Lang offering to help him out with it.

• Upvote 3