Sponsorship expectation

Ok here's an example:

You send out a dozen or so PMs to business owners hunting for sponsorship deals. Your fighter is 0-0. What would you expect to get?

Now change that to like 3-0, 5-0 etc.

Just kind of curious and hunting for some answers :) I've generally only dealt with new fighters so I keep my sponsorships low (mostly because my business is new and they are as well).

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are a manager with a stable of fighters, what are your expectations for sponsorship deals?

You can even flip this and say if you're a business owner what do you normally give out to fighters at different levels of their careers.

a lot do 100 per fight won, with 100 off per loss

to me it depends on everything, how broke they are, how good the manager is, how good of a fighter they appear to be, and lot more

Well considering i really do not need the money, my fighters actually fight for sponsors they actually want and for pretty much peanuts. If your fighter is 5-0, 6-0 your making plenty of money so in that case I would pick out some companies you really like, and hook them up. Wheras if you fighters are 0-0, then you should be looking for $100/30.

If you care about the money then hit up the big companies, otherwise just support your favorites.

13-14 of my fighters represent HBF and Crown and they do it just to have their logos on the fighters page. At least until their is a point to hype for the companies and for the fighters to actually gain something from it, otherwise i will just support my favorites.

Interesting responses so far.

What prompted this post was due to all of the messages I've been getting from people asking me to sponsor their fighter. I'll send a contract and then they turn it down. This kind of reaffirmed that some people are (obviously) going for the quick cash/big payouts and looking for the easy road. I can understand why.

I understand capitalism as it works here. I just feel like if you're going to privately message me, then mean it. Don't waste time pumping me for offers you don't really want unless you get 'teh uber buckz' :)

I've offered to cover a 3-1 fighter 2 weeks of gym fees (at a good gym), 1 Energy supp, 1 Stamina supp and the promise to give him a super sweet deal if he won his upcoming title fight, in return for 14 days service. He turned me down for "a better deal"...I wonder what he got? I thought it was pretty reasonable...

Without knowing the full details of his gym fees it's hard to gauge the full impact there, but even still. 2 weeks at a decent gym (130-200 ish) plus supplements they can use, plus a potential deal right after that?

I don't even want to know what he turned it down for. Probably too silly for consumption.

If remember correctly his gym cost more than $200. He would have had his deal extended win or lose...it just would have been worth more if he'd won. Since WGN has had the best supps in Montreal for quite a while now, it must have been for mad money. Funny thing is if he'd won, he'd get mad money AND the best supps in his city...I don't get it. On a side note, I generally stop dealing with people like that...not out of spite, but because they aren't interested in earning their deals and will jump ship at the first opportunity.

Depends on the mood I am in really.

Normally if someone messages me I dont really care who their fighter is, I will just sponsor them for 150-200$ and 30-60 days. If I take the time to look and see they have some good fighters I will get them 400-500 on 30-45 day sponsorships.

I always throw in 2-3 shirts/shorts with the deal too.

For my guys personally I dont really care how much money it is. I have money so its not a big deal to have sponsors or not.

I rarely go above 400$-sponsorship for a non-project 0-0 fighter. But that also depends on how the mail is formulated, if I feel that the manager is genuinely into the game and willing to cooperate with my company and not just mass-mailing companies, and his fighters are of good builds, I could be more generous than that. I often follow up on fighters I sponsor and have helped new managers with expensive elite gym-fees for their prospects.

I rarely go above 400$-sponsorship for a non-project 0-0 fighter. But that also depends on how the mail is formulated, if I feel that the manager is genuinely into the game and willing to cooperate with my company and not just mass-mailing companies, and his fighters are of good builds, I could be more generous than that. I often follow up on fighters I sponsor and have helped new managers with expensive elite gym-fees for their prospects.

Well that's pretty cool of you!

i have a $300 minimum but maybe i just over-pay lol. if i know the manager or if someone hits me up in chat, i'll go higher and i usually throw in a freebie or 2.

Well in the case of Crown here, it feels like i pay them to sponsor my fighters :drunk:

I must have been sipping on some Crown Royale when he sent those offers

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Long Live Crown and HBF!!

Some managers out there are just shameless though. Got this one guy, tried to convince me his 0-0 guy was worth "at least" 150$/30 days. Wow :coffee:

*fixed :smile_anim:

I used to give a min of $250/30 for n00bs after I started making decent money. But like others have said, it depended on the build, the manager, and so on.

One thing that used to kill me is when a semi-established fighters (3/4-0) contacted me and yapped about how they wanted to represent my store and love my designs and blah blah. Then I look at the profile and he's bought clothes from Boon, Bushido, SWAT and is wearing Demonic's stuff. LMAO

I've been doing the following:

$100 per win on the record

10% off the total for every loss

So, 3-0 gets $300 for 14 days

6-2 fighter gets $600 - 20% = $480 for 14 days

Then a freebie added in on top.

The problem is I don't really know what to offer 0-0 fighters

I find sponsorships pretty useless after a few months of playing.... sure, when you are just starting out 100 bucks here or there can be pretty vital...but once a fighter has won a few fights and is on a semi decent contract, they are pretty much worthless. 100 bucks isnt even 20 percent of any of my fighters gym fees.

so yea, now if someone offers me one, i usually accept simply because i couldnt care less, other than that i only sponsor friends companys.

if being sponsored by a well hyped company helped your fighters popularity that would be cool, and if companys had real motivation to offer decent sponsorship offers, the whole clothing / nutrition thing would be a lot more enjoyable.

I find sponsorships pretty useless after a few months of playing.... sure, when you are just starting out 100 bucks here or there can be pretty vital...but once a fighter has won a few fights and is on a semi decent contract, they are pretty much worthless. 100 bucks isnt even 20 percent of any of my fighters gym fees.

so yea, now if someone offers me one, i usually accept simply because i couldnt care less, other than that i only sponsor friends companys.

if being sponsored by a well hyped company helped your fighters popularity that would be cool, and if companys had real motivation to offer decent sponsorship offers, the whole clothing / nutrition thing would be a lot more enjoyable.

Very well said. +1

Lately I've been messaging my buddies to throw 1$ sponsorhips at my fighters becouse simply I don't need that 100$. Sometimes I get a freebie tee or supplement. yay!

Sponsorships are worthless after a certain point because one fight will net you 5 to 10 times what any sponsorships will. For very good (read as well hyped) guys I offer over 1k for 60-80 days. More sometimes if I feel the hype return will be worth it.

I dont have a formula set in stone, I see the hype, next fight, manager record and see what I can offer that might tempt him on board.

Generally a 0-0 fighter will get a couple of hundred, a guy whos 2-0 will get depending on how he has won and against what kind of opposition and it carried on like that. This makes it take longer for me to sponsor people (so I dont always sponsor everyone who asks, sorry) because it depends what mood I am in. I say I wont sponsor anyone with under 4 fights, but really that isnt always the case, if someone has actually read my forum page understood why I put it there and contacted me anyway there is a good chance I will work with them.

A lot of my top sponsors are people who like my company and offer themselves up for 1 dollar contracts. I usually ignore that and at least give them a weeks gym fees for their support even though we both know they dont need it.

The way the market has been developed in this game means you will rarely ever get massive sponsorship deals (especially out of clothing companies) because they just dont generate the revenue to do such things.

When i read this topic i imagined it to be something it isn't, which is a discussion about what sponsors expect from people they sponsor.

I like most business owners in MMA Tycoon i suspect get requests for sponsorship on a daily basis, and some of these i have actually given sponsorship to, but i find myself asking myself why i bother on occasion since the people who i sponsor or who ask for sponsorship never buy or use the products from my company, even if i send them the products!

To me, possibly in my backward old school way of thinking, sponsorship is a 2 way relationship, the sponsor wants their name out there and thats the reason for sponsoring that person.........isnt it?