physical attributes

Let's talk about how you want your physical attributes for a specific fighter.

Strength and conditioning is allways evenly important no matter what type of fighter you have I think.

I'd like to go deeper in the balance between agility, flexibility, speed and balance.

For instance for a BJJ expert you want most of all flexibility. What you can leave very low is balance, you don't need that. Speed you need for your secondary skill wrestling+takedowns. Some agility for strikingdefense maybe. So for a bjj expert I'd go with something like this:

agility: 3

flexibility: 10

speed: 7

balance: 1

For a boxer with wrestling you want most of all agility, its essential for your striking. You'll also need balance for the takedown defence. Flexibility is can be very low for a boxer with wrestling, you'll only need it when it does go to the ground. speed you'll only need for handspeed in boxing.

agility: 10

flexibility: 1

speed: 5

balance: 7

A counterboxer with bjj wants even more agility, its essential for your striking but it also helps you to walk away from takedowns. You don't need speed and balance for takedowndefense because if it goes to the ground you have your bjj and just set the sliders to counter and controls. You only need speed for your handspeed in boxing. And some flexibility for if your up against a bjjexpert. ( I prefer this because giving points to your agility contributes to your attack AND evasion, so you can put even more on it)

agility: 10

flexibility: 5

speed: 5

balance: 1

If you spar a particular discipline or train a particular skill a lot, you can see what physicals are used in a particular skill. As far as I can tell, they are all important no matter what you want to do.

So you have it all equal with every kind of fighter?

When you have a certain type of fighter which you set up your tactics accordingly. Are there not things you use more, things you use less and things that don't matter much if it happens?

Balance could be useful for staying on top and not losing your position in BJJ.

Ok, didn't take that in acount. That is indeed a problem if your a ground and pounder, it's less important when you have a bjj expert though.

So you have it all equal with every kind of fighter?

When you have a certain type of fighter which you set up your tactics accordingly. Are there not things you use more, things you use less and things that don't matter much if it happens?

Ok, didn't take that in acount. That is indeed a problem if your a ground and pounder, it's less important when you have a bjj expert though.

Pretty sure balance doesn't affect BJJ on the ground. Think Mike said that at one point. However, I am of the school of thought that I try to train them all up. Even a wrestler/boxer will want flexibilty for submission defense, a bjj fighter will want balance for defending takedowns or to try and strike. I think having a ton of points in the main attribute (flex for bjj, agility for striking, balance for wrestling, etc) is great, but I wouldn't ignore the rest of it. The strongest wrestler with the best balance is still more likely to tap to an armbar if they have Useless-- flexibility.

here's a question. say you make a boxer type guy, what would be the stats to improve to make a counter-puncher, which are most important? also what secondaries play a role in countering if any at all.

I feel to be the best, you need them all

Agility Strong (14)--

Flexibility Strong (13)--

Speed Superb(15)++

Strength Wonderful(14)-

Conditioning Exceptional (10)--

Balance Strong (13)--

and shitty thing is, he popped to EX 3 times in 5 days in conditioning, I still say that's a bug, as I have never had that happen before

here's a question. say you make a boxer type guy, what would be the stats to improve to make a counter-puncher, which are most important? also what secondaries play a role in countering if any at all.

There aren't stats to improve counterpunching but you set your guys slider more to counter if your affraid of being outwrestled. With better agility you can make better advantage of this because you'll get a message like "fighterA shoots but fighterB shows good agility on his feet".

Maybe intelligence though plays a role in it to because of this message "fighterA goes for the takedown but fighterB sees it coming" though that certainly also has to do with fighterA setting the slider to aggresive to Takedowns instead of Stay standing.

There aren't stats to improve counterpunching but you set your guys slider more to counter if your affraid of being outwrestled. With better agility you can make better advantage of this because you'll get a message like "fighterA shoots but fighterB shows good agility on his feet".

Maybe intelligence though plays a role in it to because of this message "fighterA goes for the takedown but fighterB sees it coming" though that certainly also has to do with fighterA setting the slider to aggresive to Takedowns instead of Stay standing.

that's just flavor text. it's not indicative of what stats are being analyzed.

that's just flavor text. it's not indicative of what stats are being analyzed.

Has it been confirmed stuff like this and the fight i posted are indeed flavour text or are these hints as to what you should be training?

Your saying it was just a takedown that didn't work? due to the normal counter-agressiveslider, wrestling, takedown defense ans some physical attribute(s) which helps it?

With the ease of training from useless to woefull it will become less extreme when you'll start training, but I just can't get behind the fact that for instance when you have a BJJexpert you'll only use balance for when you take a guy to the ground you'll be more likely on top, rather spend those points on an attribute you make good use of.