Tito Ortiz: Master Showman or Obnoxious D-bag?

Agree with everything except for Tito being a master showman. What Colemans manager said about his wife gives Tito an exemption to be....Tito.

With that said I don't like Titos showmanship. I like showmanship but Titos brand doesn't work for me.

What Coleman's manager said outside of the ring doesn't have anything to do with what Tito did. That is what has always bothered me about Tito. There is always a double standard between what Tito can talk about and what is off limits for everyone else.

As for Tito having the superior career, I don't think it's quite that cut and dry. It's hard to compare across different eras, but I think Coleman was a very clear cut case for the HOF, as is Tito.

Obnoxious D-bag for sure. I didn't think Coleman should ever have come back but I didn't wish him ill in the UFC. For Tito to yell "Payback's a bitch" when he had nothing to do with issuing the payback was just retarded.

For all this about being a master showman and putting butts in the seats, that ship may have sailed. That may have been true in the past, but a faded relic whose game hasn't evolved since 2005 who can't beat a contender not named Shamrock isn't going to draw my PPV dollar. For me, hearing a fighter talk smack is only entertaining when there's a small chance he can back it up. I'm not even sure how long I'll watch TUF next season since seeing Chuck KO Tito won't be worth a whole season of Tito's mouth. Tito's presence brings a desire NOT to watch, if anything.

I don't even know what Dana was thinking setting Tito up for TUF. For all the good decisions Dana makes, sometimes it's like he's in a time-machine, or taking advice from some random people with a comically warped sense of what's relevant or popular (maybe from Tito himself). Bringing Tito to TUF is the relevancy equivalent to having Limp Bizkit play a show before a fight, or having a fugly Holly Madison be a guest ring-girl. Just bleh.

Tito was never a very good fighter, his title reign (one of the longest in the UFC) was up against fighters which most people do not know that well, Look at his results since September 2001

3 Wins over the same Guy (Ken Shamrock)

2 Split decision wins

1 Decision win over Cote

5 Losses

1 Draw

His last clear win was over Elvis Sinosic back in mid 2001

• 2 weeks later...

I like Tito, he makes you want to watch him. I couldn't care less how much of an ass he acts, he holds my interest, thats all i need.

Thats maybe why i also like Bisping, but cannot stand Randy Couture

+1

when Tito was the champ Chuck was knocking out all the top contender, i mean Sinosic was 4-4-1 when the ufc gave him the title shot...

Coleman did a lot of great things in his career, some people doesn't give him enough credit, but his victories against Igor, Severn, Frye and Goodridge were all huge at the time...and he beat Shogun when he was ranked 1st at LHW.

one thing Coleman has done in the past 3 and a half years that Tito hasn't is won a fight.

Tito cracked his skull though, he might still be feeling the effects :wheelchair:

Come on mate, Shoguns arm was a mess from a bad fall. Hardly winning a fight is it? Get outta here with that crap

Come on mate, Shoguns arm was a mess from a bad fall. Hardly winning a fight is it? Get outta here with that crap

Shogun made a mistake, how many time did you see a fighter did a movement like that while he's taken down?

Say that Coleman win was not legit, is too simplistic. I see the injury as a mistake by Shogun that Mark capitalized on. Had Rua not attempted the ill-fated escape he would have been taken down, but not with enough force break the arm.