what's considered a good manager?

i don't think it has much to do with record at all...it's the person behind the keyboard (this can be hard to tell to some degree lol).

case in point, AA, i hate to bring it up again but he/she/he-she is NOT an elite manager...if you wanna go by rank.

there are a lot of folks here that i consider good manager's and their rankings are horrible. good people is good people...even via internet/keyboard.

I agree with this. There are guys like Amy D and Jamie Lannister who are far better than their rank would indicate.

Yep, total gayness!

But, even gayer than that, the film Crazy for You, with Matthew Modine as a college wrestler, is called Visionquest on the other side of the pond.

"Visionquest", now that's gay...

Chuck Norris was what Willis was talking about.

Blasphemy! Vision Quest > Citizen Kane!

While certainly not being an authority on gayness, I think Visionquest is gay, while Crazy For You is more lame lol

Chuck Norris once ate an entire bottle of sleeping pills. They made him blink.

visionquest is defo gay.crazy for you is standard chick flick dross.

The grass is always greener on the other side, unless Chuck Norris has been there. In that case the grass is most likely soaked in blood and tears.

rank doesn't matter all that much. several of the managers in the top 100 don't have impressive records, they just have a lot of fights. historic manager record + difficulty of fights = quality of the manager.

um, not really

I cut shitty fighters, that is the point of being able to, so if they lose too much, bye bye, that shouldn't count against my manager ability, if the fucking guy cuts like paper under a Ginsu

Blasphemy! Vision Quest > Citizen Kane!

Lol, phew, for a minute there I thought you were going to say Vision Quest > Chuck Norris...

...in which case you would have instantly exploded, a reaction none of us would wish on you.

The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry. Even the worst-laid plans of Chuck Norris come off without a hitch.

um, not really

I cut shitty fighters, that is the point of being able to, so if they lose too much, bye bye, that shouldn't count against my manager ability, if the fucking guy cuts like paper under a Ginsu

I agree.

I started this game like many by creating shitty fighters, sending them into QFC and not even setting sliders.

The reason I didn't feel the need to start over was because I could just cut those morons. Why is that counted against me? The fact that those losses are on my historic record gives no indication of how good I am now.

um, not really

well you can't really count the active record, because it's affected by fighters that could have been picked up as free agents. cutting a shitty fighter after a fight or two isn't exactly going to have a huge affect on your historic record...

rank doesn't matter all that much. several of the managers in the top 100 don't have impressive records, they just have a lot of fights. historic manager record + difficulty of fights = quality of the manager.

Not always, I know myself over the last 6 months have gone through lots of tester and project fighters that ended up with 2 or more losses and got cut. Also many slider testers also, I would just usually go by seeing how long they have been playing, a bit of historical record could count, but I never trust that everyone on here hasn't played with it like I have and eaten some unneeded losses