James Toney.. Thinks hes worthy to step into the octagon..

Has anybody heard about James 'Lights out' Toney (heavyweight boxer) calling out dana white for his MMA debut.. dana offered this chump 500k!! to fight his debut.. which even the ufc champs dont get that much and James Toney turned him down and is claiming he wants $2m for 1 fight.. dont get me wrong id love to see this guy fight in MMA hes a outstanding boxer but id love to see him get dumped on his ass and chokes or pounded out.. Hes been calling out Brock, Randy and even Kimbo (now thats just embarrassing a ex champ in numerous weight classes with a record of 70-6-3-1 and 43 KO's calling out a ex street brawler..) He maybe a devastating machine on his feet but MMA is a whole different game.. What do you think about this guy?

This is the video i saw of him calling people out.. lool

http://www.lowkick.com/UFC/James-Lights-Ou...Fight-Soup-6408

Well as for the money issue, you have to remember how much top boxers make compared to top mma fighters. That 500k is crap pay if he compares it to what he made as a boxer. And he would be a very good draw as it would bring some boxing fans over to watch it on ppv.

Yea he deserves every penny

People would rather see james toney in MMA than mayweather run.

He's pretty feather fisted at heavyweight. Maybe if he could drop down to MW and stop being such a fatso he'd be good, if he took MMA seriously and spent a year training - both of which arent going to happen so he will get owned against anyone decent

I would like to see him fight and then lose by ko or sub,b/c if it's decision he's gonna say he should've won i would like to see him get his ass handed to him,i mean i don't want him to land a single punch.

Toney isn't feather firsted anywhere. Nobody expects Toney to be successful, not even Toney. Everybody expects Toney to earn, especially Toney. If Toney can't earn more in MMA than he's going to stick with boxing.

well i think we might see a one glove jimmerson issue going on with toney... straight to takedown

toney does have great movement, head movement and he uses a shell really nicely, but blocking with

your shoulders has some defensive limitations especially against kicks... toney would be doing it for

the cash... he was never the fittest boxer in the ring but was up there with skill

Toney is a great boxer, but MMA is a different sport. He'll get killed by any decent fighter with any sort of ground game -- just like he'd kill almost all MMA guys is a straight boxing match. Let's face it -- this was done to pique interest and generate money. My guess is the UFC will give him the Kimbo Slice treatment -- feed him a couple of straight stand-up guys who won't be able to take the fight to the mat. Under those conditions, Toney will likely pick up a couple of wins before the UFC has him headline against a good MMA fighter. At which point he'll get massacred and the experiment will be over.

Of course it's also possible that Dana will want to prove a point and treat Toney as a one-time attraction. He'll put Toney in against a legit MMA fighter and watch Toney get annihilated. Then White can talk smack about how much better MMA is than boxing. I guess it all depends on whether White wants to make a boatload of cash in the short term by building Toney up a bit or he wants to prove a point and have somebody wipe out Toney right away. But either way, this is sure to generate quite a bit of mainstream press.

I really hope Toney gets his ass kicked badly in all of his freakshow fights. He was only signed because there was a chance of him joining Strikeforce to fight Hershel Walker.

Here's what happens. They give him a striker or two. Strikers who have no wrestling of course. Then maybe a wrestler who has no striking. Now cue real fighter that destroys him. It's good buisness.