WTF wrestling/elbow abuse

Why is it broken, because you lost? Unless your overall and specific and related physical skills are Elite++, you can be beaten. No matter how high you are, someone can have a better combination of the three than you. And even then, your hidden attributes also play a factor, particularly your fighter's chin and cut rating. And against a constant flow of Elbows and Knees, of course the 53rd strike is just as effective as the first. It has an accumulative effect, opening up your fighter's cut, drawing blood until it's stopped.

I don't think I said it is broken and I am ok with the fact that I lost...said that many times so far. In terms of the 53rd strike I guess I was leaning more on the fatigue it would take to maintain clinch control and being able to throw those strikes. In my mind the 53rd strike shouldn't have as much zip on it as the first strike when the fighter would be fresh.

It was a vent, and the lesson has been learned - I know what needs to be done - that is all.

Wow I like how like a lot of people are telling the guy to train more. Man I can't wait until the day were your fighter has to be like 27 years old just to win fight. I can not wait until I have spend like four months training a guy before I can throw him into a QFC. B ecause that's why I signed up for this game...To spend like four real life months just training a guy.

Fuck why not just not fight until your 30? I might just do that. I might just train a guy until he is respectable in everything..That'll only take like three and a half months. Just quit my job , live with my parents and get the fat. So much fun.

Wow I like how like a lot of people are telling the guy to train more. Man I can't wait until the day were your fighter has to be like 27 years old just to win fight. I can not wait until I have spend like four months training a guy before I can throw him into a QFC. B ecause that's why I signed up for this game...To spend like four real life months just training a guy.

Fuck why not just not fight until your 30? I might just do that. I might just train a guy until he is respectable in everything..That'll only take like three and a half months. Just quit my job , live with my parents and get the fat. So much fun.

Let's see:

He got a hole in his game exposed. He need to train to plug the hole. I don't really see the problem. And no, you don't have to fight with 27-year-olds.

Ye, quitting your job will make your fighters train faster, right?

I think the main problem in training the clinch skill is if people can afford good training at a good gym or not...Along with the fighter's learning speed...

I think the main problem in training the clinch skill is if people can afford good training at a good gym or not...Along with the fighter's learning speed...

Very true. Clinchwork is a tough one for gym owners because, ideally, the coaches need points in MT/rasslin'/boxing, rendering them more expensive than a wrestling coach used exclusively for takedowns. $300 gyms often have 150 wrestling coaches, but rarely, if ever, have even 150/100/100 clinchwork coaches, so if you've only been around for two months you probably can't afford a gym with proper clinchwork coaches.

Very true. Clinchwork is a tough one for gym owners because, ideally, the coaches need points in MT/rasslin'/boxing, rendering them more expensive than a wrestling coach used exclusively for takedowns. $300 gyms often have 150 wrestling coaches, but rarely, if ever, have even 150/100/100 clinchwork coaches, so if you've only been around for two months you probably can't afford a gym with proper clinchwork coaches.

Yeah. It's another part of the problem. I mean I do understand that you make your own bed and sleep in it since I neglected clinchwork myself. But I want to work on improving it for my fighters.

Basically I understand both sides of the problem.

It's becoming quite obvious to me lately that the most effective way to create new fighters is to dump all your available point into defensive skills and put Wrestling at 110 and make your primary striking art Muay Thai. After creation, spend a month or so training up your striking/offense and then put him to work.

Because to be frank, you can't WIN any fights if you can't defend yourself. Maybe I am crazy but it seems more intelligent at creation to raise Striking Defense, Clinchwork, Takedown Def & Defensive Grappling to Strong/Superb and raise everything else later.

That way you don't ever get caught off balance by a fighter with some super specific offensive template (i.e. the dreaded Clinch-Bow Spammer).

And with putting Wrestling to Wonderful-- at the start and raising Muay Thai second you get all the added benefits to Striking D, Clinchwork, Takedown D and Def Grappling - which are tied directly to those 2 primary skills!

Again, maybe I am crazy, but this is definitely the way I am building my next project fighter.

i have a $300 gym and my clinch guy is 150/100/0 (MT/W/B) but it has got three of my guys from useless to strong in 4 weeks so it is not the end of the world as long as you dedicate time to it.

Clinch spamming is the new sub/headkick KO spamming. the truth is, people have been long ignoring Muay Thai and now that some have figured out ways to win with it people are getting caught. There's a way to beat the clinch strikers just like there was a way to beat the sub spammers. I would be ok with (a) lowering the amount of cuts elbows do, (B) making knees do more damage when they land so it's not so hard to get a knee KO © make it harder to land knees to the head and (B) make missed knees to the head more likely to result in breaking the clinch or getting taken down.

(a) lowering the amount of cuts elbows do, (B) making knees do more damage when they land so it's not so hard to get a knee KO © make it harder to land knees to the head and (B) make missed knees to the head more likely to result in breaking the clinch or getting taken down.

I very very much agree with (a). It seems far to easy to stop fights by cut that way.

i have a $300 gym and my clinch guy is 150/100/0 (MT/W/B) but it has got three of my guys from useless to strong in 4 weeks so it is not the end of the world as long as you dedicate time to it.

Some of us still can't afford that.

This is where I had a problem with it. Clinch and Elbows were the only thing used on his end. I would think that that would become pretty predictable...yeah my guy blocked a chunk of the elbows or some missed, but 14/53 landed is over 26% success rate and when 14 of the landed strikes trigger 4 cut lines, a stoppage is inevitable. So really when you break that down, it wasn't as "predictable"/avoidable as one would think according to the description in the wiki.

Your guy must have a tendancy to cut, i do have an "elbow spammer" or whatever u all want to call it, in my arsenal. It took 40+ connected elbows to actually finish the fight via cut. Jus one of those hiddens =/

I get it. Some of you guys are jumping all over Minard. He's not whining. He's saying only using one technique is pretty lame. He may have the worst clinchwork ever (have no idea what his clinchwork rating is) but regardless we've all had to adjust to our far superior grapplers being exhausted after takedown and submission spams. What's the difference here is all he's asking.

Your guy must have a tendancy to cut, i do have an "elbow spammer" or whatever u all want to call it, in my arsenal. It took 40+ connected elbows to actually finish the fight via cut. Jus one of those hiddens =/

Never thought about that really. Doesn't mention in the tale of tapes, but he had only been hit with 3 punches prior to this fight and did have a cut...Might have to watch out for this in the future.

I get it. Some of you guys are jumping all over Minard. He's not whining. He's saying only using one technique is pretty lame. He may have the worst clinchwork ever (have no idea what his clinchwork rating is) but regardless we've all had to adjust to our far superior grapplers being exhausted after takedown and submission spams. What's the difference here is all he's asking.

DizForShiz

Ding Ding Ding - Yeah I lost, it isn't the first time and won't be the last either - I am not worried about that - it is how the loss happened. I feel that my guys are fairly well versed in all areas and I get hit with a 100% one dimensional fight approach (Clinch/Elbow) - really exciting and deserves a big round of applause!