Should we have 2 Companies?

CusDamato

There could be ground rules?

e.g. Org Owners couldn't start Nutrition companies because the financial backing would be tremendous and affect the Supp's quality.. but they could make clothing companies because quality is always 150.

I'd pay 10 bucks along with my VIP to get 2 companies.

Mike?

2 companiws is a bad idea - making the rich richer and not allowing the noobies a foot in - i think new companies are the way forward.

I can guarantee that the day I would be allowed another money making company is the day that anyone who isn't in a private gym ceases to be competitive.
Quite interesting that you believe we aren't there already.

2 companies.

If the newer guys have the same ability to have 2 companies then what's the advantage for vets?

They would be able to exploit the benefits just as well as anyone else.

There are definitely guys out there who would fund their own personal gym with their other companies profits. So?

If the rules worked that way wouldn't you too? and wouldn't Johnny Noob as well if he's any good at tycooning?

I'm not saying that 2 companies should be allowed just so people would do that - in fact I think that'd be a crappy thing for someone to do - and you guys would all jump on those that did that like a pack of starving wolves calling people out who did that - and rightfully so, because they'd be cheating their fighters in their org by stealing money out of the coffers essentially. On the flip side though - guys could also set up their gyms to make a profit - and put that money into a new org if they chose.

My main point is this - 2 companies for everyone is a level playing field - Hopefully one we can get back to.

2 companies.

If the newer guys have the same ability to have 2 companies then what's the advantage for vets?

There are definitely guys out there who would fund their own personal gym with their other companies profits. So?

If the rules worked that way wouldn't you too? and wouldn't Johnny Noob as well if he's any good at tycooning?

I'm not saying that 2 companies should be allowed just so people would do that - in fact I think that'd be a crappy thing for someone to do - and you guys would all jump on those that did that like a pack of starving wolves calling people out who did that - and rightfully so, because they'd be cheating their fighters in their org by stealing money out of the coffers essentially. On the flip side though - guys could also set up their gyms to make a profit - and put that money into a new org if they chose.

My main point is this - 2 companies for everyone is a level playing field - Hopefully one we can get back to.

The difference isn't rookie vs. vet exactly it is VIP versus non VIP (although the vets have a money advantage as seen below).

Right now VIP is an advantage but not one that can't be beaten by non-VIP users who are smart. Private gyms offer yet another advantage layer but it still isn't overwhelming due largely to the company restrictions. That that restriction out and you would absolutely have to be a VIP with a private gym and another company to be competitive ever.

Even the worst pudding-headed retard of a fighter would dominate a non-VIP's Fast Learner under that system.

As an example... I run a private gym now along with 3 other guys. Why do I have the 3 other guys? Because that is the only way I can afford coaches. If I had another company to directly funnel funds into my manager account, the 4 of us would simply have 4 separate private gyms with max coaches while we "bought" each others "products".

Instead of 4 guys to run one gym with 7 coaches we could run 4 gyms with 12 coaches each for our stables of 10-15 fighters. Every session with a coach would be one-on-one every day of every week. That isn't just an advantage, it is a cheat code.

The math:

6 Single Elite Coaches and 6 Double Elite coaches cost:

Signing: $93,000

Weekly: $46,500

(plus cleaning and occasional equipment refresh but lets keep it simple)

Right now a manager with 15 fighters in a totally private gym at $600/week can only generate $9,000k per week (in straight fees, maybe 12-14k with manager percentages from fights etcs... but again, lets keep it simple).

With my alliance members we average about 30 gym members at a time so we pull in about $18,000 per week limiting our coaching options slightly (it is still awesome though). Note that under this arrangement it doesn't matter how much of my fighters money gets laundered into my alliances companies because with the $600/week fee limit and a limited number of fighters the amount of coaches I can hire without having my manager account go into the red and losing my VIP.

Add a nutrition or clothing company to my portfolio however and my alliance members are now able to shift the contents of their fighters bank accounts directly to me outside of the limits of the gym fee structure. This is where vets have an advantage since our Alliance fighters average about $25,000-$45,000 per week with each manager's stable income increasing by at least $2,000 per week over time as our fighters have better contracts. I know that I personally have dumped over 200k into one friends company without really having any effect on my fighter's abilities to buy the supps, clothes and pay gym fees as I wish.

The longer your stable is around the higher that number goes. John, Cam, Max, and I haven't been around all that long and some of us are better at this than others but still even having us simply exchange our fighters weekly income via the extra company would give each of our private gyms a weekly operating budget that is nearly double the current cap.

At a minimum, 2 companies double the effectiveness of each private gym, at least doubles the number of gyms, and in the long run makes non-private gyms into something a suicide training pact. Non-VIPs might as well pack up and go home at that point.

A single session in my gym would be equal to 3 or 4 in non-privates because every session would have only one trainee. In a week of sessions that gives the private gym an advantage of up to 48 effective sessions versus 12 for non privates. Given three weeks between fights to train the difference would insurmountable in one month. It would get worse as gyms become able to specialize even more down the road.

Right now the only folks who can afford to do this are guys who have spent a ton of time with the game and who have run other successful businesses first so they can run gyms at a weekly loss. I have no problem with that because they earned it. Adding another company would allow me to do the same thing without ever earning it at all. I wouldn't even try to develop a good product or sell to anyone outside my alliance. I wouldn't need to.

• Upvote 1

Lots of great posts and points on what is definitely a hot subject.

My view is that while it would be great for those VIP's who did pay extra for a 2nd, it would be bad for the game.

Greywar and Matty made excellent points, and I tend to agree.

In future, when there are more managers and more companies, possibly.

2 companies.

There's a huge advantage to the veterans. If they already have an existing successful company (and I have one, so I know) they can bring in a lot of cash and use it to push out competition that doesn't have multiple sources of income.

Let's say I have a very successful org. I'm bringing in 100K profits a week. I open a nutrition company. In one week, I already have twice the funding a person normally starting a nutrition company has, and I don't have a loan to pay off. If I save for a few weeks, I can start my company with a very high quality product. I can then sell that product extremely cheaply, undercutting my opposition. Even if I charge so little for my product that I'm actually losing money, I can afford it because I'm financed by the org.

Nope, they are starting from different places.

It breeds anti-competitiveness and would eventually result in a small core of players who crushed all opposition because of their insurmountable advantages. Your fighters might succeed, the game itself would fail.
That's why we don't want the rules to work that way.

Nope. Especially if, as people have suggested, we make a second company cost more.

the problem is that if this ever happened some people (which have all the cash) will basically take over the game killing off the competition, they are in a way already doing this though the "alliances" but if this barrier is taken away it will simply make it easier, if this ever happened you all know what will occur right? Everyone with a profitable company will make their private gym and that is where all the rest simply loose, with the current restrictions at least you need to collaborate with some others to get ahead

No and everyone should just have one.

You can say thats unfair and you should be able to chose whatever you want and do whatever you want with the money, but this will seriously make a huge difference in difficulty for newer players and they would have a legitimate right to complain (tapelegs post is very good and I support that side of the argument).

You have alliance mates and friends to fill any gaps you feel you have in your game or resources. Im sorry but there is plenty of leeway to get involved in everything anyone else is doing eventually (I believe this is another area where people are impatient and want everything all at once).

the problem is that if this ever happened some people (which have all the cash) will basically take over the game killing off the competition, they are in a way already doing this though the "alliances" but if this barrier is taken away it will simply make it easier, if this ever happened you all know what will occur right? Everyone with a profitable company will make their private gym and that is where all the rest simply loose, with the current restrictions at least you need to collaborate with some others to get ahead

The problem in saying its alliances doing this is people can act as one without a fancy page and a name. Not that I am suggesting thats the crux of your argument, just pointing out that having an offical friends list means nothing to the problem.

The thing about everyone making a private gym with a second company is pretty much spot on and will be the majority of any 2nd companies.

I don't think 2 companies is a good idea because of how competitive things already are. imagine if all 24 org owners in a city suddenly started sister clothing companies or sup shops and the other way around too. We'd be up to our necks in dead, unprofitable companies. I think it's good the way it is. Maybe if they charged $50 a year for a second company we wouldn't see as much of an increase.

• 1 year later...

I would love a 2nd company, mostly because Im employed by an organization and I own my own gym. Seems the org owner has gone innactive and Ive really enjoyed running the org so much that I want to take it over once it goes on sale. However the though of lossing my gym, my first company, the company that funded my fighter's and gave them a home to train, is kinda sad :(

I definitely agree with this. I would like to open up a gym related to my fight promotion, but I am not alliance-affiliated.

I would love to own two companies, but the arguments I've read here have proven to me that it would not be good for the game.

• Upvote 1

How about being able to go partial VIP just for the company but not the extra fighters and other perks?

I don't like dual company ideas. I would rather have non-VIP members get an incentive to start a company. Maybe pay 50% of VIP and get 1 more fighter slot, company slot (without bookie option) and only the fighter pop/de-pop?

Perhaps 2 companies would be ok, but only if a gym counts as 2 companies (so you couldn't have people making a fortune off their clothing/nutrition/fight org and having a private gym for their fighters with near infinite funds).

Most of the managers with money have their own gyms already, they're just owned by someone else. Having two companies would only make it a bit easier and it takes away from the social side of the game that many people enjoy. I'm not a big networking guy myself and mostly keep to myself in the game but I still manage to have a private gym in addition to my org. It only takes one friend or business partner.