ESPN.com UFC 111 Pick 'Em

manaman

Obv he is a great athlete. I actually don't know much about the competition he has faced so I dont think I should call them cans. But I just think Frank Mir has got the edge on him.

I got Fitch for fight of the night somehow. :D

Knocked out everyone he's faced in under two and a half minutes. Even though Gonzaga's his only big win, it's very hard to pick against someone like that.
No it's not. Mir was beating Lesnar pretty easily on the feet.

Another part of me thinks this way: If Lesnar can beat the crap out of Mir, and Carwin's a better boxer and a brown belt, why should I think Mir would fare better against Carwin?

Two words for you:

Lesnars speed & athleticism (ok, that's 3, or even 4, words if you count the "and").

Mir was undone by the sheer size/strength/speed/power/agility/athleticism thang that Brocks got going on.

Carwin, while likely a harder puncher than Lesnar in a bag-hitting competition, is too slow and robotic, imho, to really be a threat.

Carwin will always have a punchers chance, but for me, he's not got fast enough hands, and will be taken apart by Mir.

I see complacency and arrogance as more of a threat to Mir than Carwins "big right hand"

Just re-watched the GG Vs. Carwin fight.

It was all GG until BLAM, big right hand, goodnight and god-bless.

That's why Carwin will always have a chance, a big chance, as big as that right paw of his.

Having said that, I stand by my original conviction that Mir will be too much for him.

I'd love to be wrong, though, as I think Mir is a bit of a twat and I generally cringe when I hear him talk.