The P90X

Alright, this is an MMA site, but obviously there are a lot of Pro Wrestling fans and Fitness buffs involved...

So I got the P90X, and while I was in pretty good shape to begin with, I have to say this thing is kicking my ass, and I have found results within the first week or two.

Anyone else try it?

No but now i'm intrigued, will this also supplement weight loss and general getting into shape?

I do Muay Thai and run a lot in an effort to shed weight and get in shape and hopefully compete so anything i can throw into the mix would be good.

how much is it btw?

No but now i'm intrigued, will this also supplement weight loss and general getting into shape?

I do Muay Thai and run a lot in an effort to shed weight and get in shape and hopefully compete so anything i can throw into the mix would be good.

how much is it btw?

The full program (it comes with a dietary suggestion) is 200 dollars last time I checked, but they had it a bit lower than that on the last Infomercial I saw.

I bought my set of DVD's off a friend for 20 dollars :P

I'm in pretty good shape and I can't keep up with the guy - I feel burned out after most sessions - this thing definitely works for shedding weight, general-purpose strength, etc.

You won't look like those people RIPPED on TV unless you follow the diet plan to a key, but you will still be happy with what you can train your body to do.

I'd give it 2 thumbs up.

I've been there twice. Its kind of interesting if I understand it correctly. Its just a new method of putting exercises together. Like when isometrics first started and people started doing it.

Not saying its bad or a sham or anything like that, just interesting that what is being sold is a technique that could easily be duplicated and given away for free.

• 3 weeks later...

I have done P90X in the past and find it a very good programme for getting ripped (especially if you are already in decent shape) I'm dubious about the results you see if you start out of shape though as the programme is physically pretty demanding and I would think it would be serious hard work to get through it if you start it out of shape.

I am currently doing P90X for the 3rd time and I started this time at 156 Lbs (11 Stone 2 Lbs) and 12.6% body fat and I'm now on day 61 and currently at 149 Lbs and around 9% body fat.

im in good physical shape, but cant get body fat below 10% mite this be the way to go?

muscle loss??

if so any one hook me up ;)

If you are in good shape but struggling to get below that 10% mark in body fat it could well be down to diet that you cant shred those last bits to break 10% You would also likely have to add some protein supplements to your diet if you dont already use them.

Also do you use any set training routines or stuff that burns fat (cardio workouts) along with any weights you may do?

P90X is pretty much an old military styled workout in as much as its simple old stuff like, push ups, chin ups and pull ups and basic dumbell exercises and regular cardio workouts in there as well, its nothing fancy but its done in such a rotation that it makes you work every day and so with commitment to the plan you will see results.

I personally dont follow the P90X nutrition plan as I have a reasonable diet anyway and I try and eat a balanced diet thats low in saturated fats and contains a decent mix of protein and carbs (I'm also a runner and need the carbs anyway) I do also use whey supplements and recovery drinks and this does work for me but I would say give P90X a try and it certainly wont do you any harm.

If you are in good shape but struggling to get below that 10% mark in body fat it could well be down to diet that you cant shred those last bits to break 10% You would also likely have to add some protein supplements to your diet if you dont already use them.

Also do you use any set training routines or stuff that burns fat (cardio workouts) along with any weights you may do?

P90X is pretty much an old military styled workout in as much as its simple old stuff like, push ups, chin ups and pull ups and basic dumbell exercises and regular cardio workouts in there as well, its nothing fancy but its done in such a rotation that it makes you work every day and so with commitment to the plan you will see results.

I personally dont follow the P90X nutrition plan as I have a reasonable diet anyway and I try and eat a balanced diet thats low in saturated fats and contains a decent mix of protein and carbs (I'm also a runner and need the carbs anyway) I do also use whey supplements and recovery drinks and this does work for me but I would say give P90X a try and it certainly wont do you any harm.

yeah man i do one of defrancos programmes and do atlest 30 mins cardio a day and i get close to 200grams of protein a day nut i still have little lapses in my diet that are preventing me from getting below 10

I tend to avoid anything that has a label on it that says "get ripped in 90 days" with a generic before and after picture on it :P

Im looking for tried and tested results not gimmicks.

I tend to avoid anything that has a label on it that says "get ripped in 90 days" with a generic before and after picture on it :P

Im looking for tried and tested results not gimmicks.

P90X is definitely not a gimmick, its basically an intense 90 day workout programme and you work out 7 days a week spanning 13 weeks, you can actually choose to take every 7th day off though or do a stretching routine instead. Basically P90X rotates between Cardio and Resistance workouts every day and so as an example you would do say resistance on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and Cardio on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday and then choose either the stretching workout or a rest day on Sunday. The workouts are generally around an hour a day and even if you have good levels of fitness you will definitely be feeling the effects of P90X once you start.

If you combine this plan with healthy eating and make sure you are taking in the right ratios of Protein, Carbs and Fats then it will work for you. This is simply a plan that works you hard for 90 straight days and puts you onto a healthy eating plan, there is nothing fancy here and no ridiculous claims, it works simply cos it is a solid workout thats well planned and thought out.

is this done at home? i didn't look into all of it but already have nothing to do pull ups on so idk what they'd expect you to have to work ur back among others.

is this done at home? i didn't look into all of it but already have nothing to do pull ups on so idk what they'd expect you to have to work ur back among others.

Resistance bands work well in the place of a pull-up bar.

You can also purchase a pull-up bar set from the website. It's like 20 bucks.

I managed to get this for free pretty much. I haven't really gone through it all yet because I am a lazy ass, but I did the Ab Ripper X workout for the hell of it and I can tell you that is one of the most demanding workouts I have ever done. If the other workouts are like this, I know it will give you results.

I have heard following the nutrition guide with this is the way to go if you can, big results from what people have told me.