I tryd out for TUF 12 yesterday

Yo tycooner I tryd out for TUF 12 155ers and 205ers yesterday in NC. Great turn out with tons of fighters, somethn like 300 155 pound fighters and only 30 or so 205ers....the 205rs looked terrible, only one or two legit guys.

First stage grappling i got paired with a brown belt from ATT in Orlando, dominated the roll and almost submitted him twice. He kept using a nasty deep half but i still managed to kill it. If you pasted grappling you moved to striking. About half the group didnt move on. Striking was easy, some focus mit and thai pads. After we finished striking they did another cut. They said about 60 people altogether made it to the final interview, me being one. Just waiting on a call from the UFC now to see if i made it.

Also i met eddie bravo and talked to im at hooters for bout half hour, thata mofo is crazy.....loves to talk awesome guy. Met Joe lauzon, tons of other UFC fighters there just didnt hang all over there nutz like most of the guys did.

-Jeff

4-1 Pro

also my grammer sucks for you spelling champs out there

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

would love to support someone at the tuf , mate we are all behind you 100% but please dont forget your roots

Thats sweet man! Good luck, and congrats on the recent win.

CG

thanks everyone, and psu i'll let you know for sure. But also want to let you guys know a lot of good fighters didnt make it to the interview stage and a lot of people made it on being entertaining alone. Example, the UFC make everyone roll for 2 minutes and if there not impressed you get cut right there. Charles "Crazy Horse" Bennett was at the tryouts and got submitted 4 times in two minutes of rolling with some average joe and got to move on. I also believe his record is sumthn like 12-14. I guess ratings sell, hopefully i was enteraining enough for get a call in a week or two

-Jeff

Yep, what they said, best of luck in getting on the show, mate.

Doesn't matter if you don't make it, though, you can always come back stronger and have a great career regardless.

What matters most is that you continue to dedicate yourself, no matter what happens.

All the best for a long and successful career.

charles is 22-16

and never trains.

has probably the best credentials out there. but he waste them.

ohh yeah he is a GnP guy with striking that is why hew got subbed.

and he isn't a tapper.

p.s. he ko'd KJ noons. that is why he made it.