I tryd out for TUF 12 yesterday

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you have judo........well judo......uhhh let's say you need to learn everything but throws.

And yet almost every submission in MMA comes from judo, one of the most popular carrying the name of a judoka.

The discussion went from wrestling > judo to wrestling is a better base. That's something different, because wrestling focuses on important skills for the sport just like boxing or muay thai, but on it's own is very limited. Wrestling is a good base, but I rather go into a cage knowing nothing but judo than knowing nothing but wrestling (or boxing, or muay thai).

I dont know yet Ak....getn worried alittle but hey at least i know i can hold my own with anyone thats going to be on the show. Still have my hopes up, my bud Kris McCray is on the show now and said it took them two weeks to call him.....so you never know. By the way Kris is my pick to win the show! He is a animal, me and him use to fight on the same cards in the VA amy circuit....beast!

Have you heard off him since they finished filming (im assuming they rapped that up by now)? That said he'd be sworn to secrecy anyway wouldn't he.

• 3 weeks later...

yea didnt make it i believe, ive heard people getting called for the meds and shit. Sucks because i know i will be able to smash some of the guys on the show

yea didnt make it i believe, ive heard people getting called for the meds and shit. Sucks because i know i will be able to smash some of the guys on the show

Damn. Woulda loved to see you in the show man. Hope they get cancellations and they call you up or something.

Just try again next year when your records even better, a lot of guys that get on have tried out the year before anyway.

Just try again next year when your records even better, a lot of guys that get on have tried out the year before anyway.

But he'd probably have to be for a different weight class. One that isn't most suitable for him, I imagine.